PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson signs for Tranent

Hibby soldier
29-06-2016, 01:23 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/former-hibee-kevin-thomson-set-to-sign-for-tranent-juniors-1-4164913

J-C
29-06-2016, 01:27 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/former-hibee-kevin-thomson-set-to-sign-for-tranent-juniors-1-4164913

Just the same as the rumours on here, we understand crap...they know as much as we do, nowt.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Good luck to him, played his part in the Scottish cup win with good performances against Hearts and ICT.

ShinyFantastic
29-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Good luck Kevin Thomson. Will always have respect for this man.

confused
29-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Aye its a big step down for a man who has played at the highest level, i would have thought he at least one more pay day in the pro game , never mind all the best K.T.

Speedy
29-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Aye its a big step down for a man who has played at the highest level, i would have thought he at least one more pay day in the pro game , never mind all the best K.T.

He'll potentially be getting a decent wedge at Tranent but I suspect it's more that he doesn't need the money and wants to enjoy his football while moving on to the next section of his career.

scoopyboy
29-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Just the same as the rumours on here, we understand crap...they know as much as we do, nowt.

Oh there's something in it J-C.

Talks have taken place, I just find it hard to take in.

eastmainsmsh
29-06-2016, 02:15 PM
What a waste great signing for Tranent tho

Pedantic_Hibee
29-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Looks like a goer. He has had better offers financially and at a higher level which is a testament to TJFC.

SaulGoodman
29-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Looks like a goer. He has had better offers financially and at a higher level which is a testament to TJFC.

If I had the choice to play for either Barca or Tranent I would turn round and say "Look you are a world renown club with fantastic players located in a beautiful part of the world, but I've always wanted to play at the Nou Camp so sorry Tranent"

SJM
29-06-2016, 02:39 PM

He was at training last night.

staunchhibby
29-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Good luck K.T thanks for the memories

J-C
29-06-2016, 02:45 PM

I know there is Scoops, my point was we knew about this 2 days ago on here and these reporters come out with an exclusive " we understand " BS.

I personally don't get why he has to go to junior football to coach, I understand he was well liked with the kids last season, you'd have thought another championship club or Div 1 club would've wanted his experience and knowledge.

scoopyboy
29-06-2016, 02:49 PM
I know there is Scoops, my point was we knew about this 2 days ago on here and these reporters come out with an exclusive " we understand " BS.

I personally don't get why he has to go to junior football to coach, I understand he was well liked with the kids last season, you'd have thought another championship club or Div 1 club would've wanted his experience and knowledge.

He doesn't. There's a tie in as to why but it's not my place to explain it on here.

J-C
29-06-2016, 02:56 PM
He doesn't. There's a tie in as to why but it's not my place to explain it on here.

Fair enough :aok:

jacomo
29-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Was it the broken glass on the road to Tranent that swayed him?

:wink:

SJM
29-06-2016, 03:08 PM

He was training the team there in December and January and it's close to where he lives.

Famous Fiver
29-06-2016, 04:38 PM
It was the free bricks to support his car when the wheels disappear that swung it.

snooky
29-06-2016, 04:41 PM
It was the free bricks to support his car when the wheels disappear that swung it.

What kind of car does he drive? I'm in the market for some new alloys :cb

Cocaine&Caviar
29-06-2016, 04:52 PM

I love KT. But the highest level being midtable with Boro in the championship?

bigwheel
29-06-2016, 04:53 PM

Would it not be champions league with Rangers ?

Cocaine&Caviar
29-06-2016, 04:55 PM
And how regularly did that happen? Regardless, i wouldnt count that as the highest level, same as i would say the same about Brown when he retires if he hadnt tested himself down south oe oversees.

keep the faith
29-06-2016, 04:57 PM

Can people not let that go already. Good luck KT.

Beefster
29-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Dream move for any footballer. If he's lucky, we'll let him stay in the town too if he meets all the entry criteria.

cookin_on_gaz
29-06-2016, 05:04 PM
I think this move speaks volumes about the kind of person and player KT is. The fact that he is willing to drop to a lower level so he can keep playing the game he loves, as well as gaining more coaching experience, should be applauded. Good luck and all the best Kevin.

scotiaf
29-06-2016, 05:47 PM
He played for us 3 times and once for free, he played excellent at the comeback at tynecastle.

I assume his legs are shot to bits though,if you are a midfielder and never had pace. At 31 you would still have the legs to play at a decent level with the ability he had.

Wish him all the best.

Hibbyradge
29-06-2016, 05:53 PM

:thumbsup:

Kojock
29-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Pity the Cross Keys has closed down or we could have introduced him to the real Tranent.

Skyegreen
29-06-2016, 06:08 PM
What a player he was in his youth. I loved watching him and Broony back in the day.
Unfortunately he's lost a few yards these days and comes with a red card warning!

Thanks for the memories KT, I wish you well at TJ 😎👍

SJM
29-06-2016, 06:12 PM
What a player he was in his youth. I loved watching him and Broony back in the day.
Unfortunately he's lost a few yards these days and comes with a red card warning!

Thanks for the memories KT, I wish you well at TJ 😎👍

It's mental to think all the golden generation are winding down or have finished their careers.

jacomo
29-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Can people not let that go already. Good luck KT.

Just a wee joke. It's ok.

:thumbsup:

Skyegreen
29-06-2016, 06:13 PM
It's mental to think all the golden generation are winding down or have finished their careers.

Feeling old? 😜👍

Smartie
29-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Another of the unsung heroes of the cup win.

Major, major contribution in the games against Hearts.

Very many thanks for your efforts KT, good luck for the future.

confused
29-06-2016, 07:08 PM
He'll potentially be getting a decent wedge at Tranent but I suspect it's more that he doesn't need the money and wants to enjoy his football while moving on to the next section of his career.
Do you really think that he will be on more than he potentially could be , and at 31/32 he is a lucky man if he has enough £££ 's to keep him going .

confused
29-06-2016, 07:12 PM
A wee bit above the "Belters " though .

NYHibby
29-06-2016, 07:32 PM

And how regularly did that happen? Regardless, i wouldnt count that as the highest level, same as i would say the same about Brown when he retires if he hadnt tested himself down south oe oversees.

He did play in the game where Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 back when Lyon was arguably the best French team. Rangers came close to making it out of the group stages that year.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Do you really think that he will be on more than he potentially could be , and at 31/32 he is a lucky man if he has enough £££ 's to keep him going .

I'm sure he's done ok out of football, maybe happy to play/coach in the short term, good to see him put something back into the game

Stuarty27
29-06-2016, 07:37 PM
The rumour I heard is he trained last night but hasn't actually signed.

I believe the guy pumping in the doh at Tranent works in the construction industry and will be paying Thomson £700 a week to play for the team and he is putting him through his plastering apprenticeship.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-06-2016, 07:56 PM

I believe the guy pumping in the doh at Tranent works in the construction industry and will be paying Thomson £700 a week to play for the team and he is putting him through his plastering apprenticeship.

The guy "pumping the dough in" is my brother in law and I can assure you £700 is absolutely miles away from the true figure. Whilst he's put the club on a solid footing and laid the foundations, the club itself and the committee members have played a fantastic role in ensuring the club is self-sufficient.

Jonnyboy
29-06-2016, 08:12 PM
The guy "pumping the dough in" is my brother in law and I can assure you £700 is absolutely miles away from the true figure. Whilst he's put the club on a solid footing and laid the foundations, the club itself and the committee members have played a fantastic role in ensuring the club is self-sufficient.

The least you'd expect from a guy in the construction industry :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
29-06-2016, 08:13 PM
The least you'd expect from a guy in the construction industry :greengrin

Always a good starting point I suppose :faf:

Corstorphine Hibby
29-06-2016, 08:29 PM

If 'pumping the dough in' is a euphanism then I wish your sister a speedy recovery.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-06-2016, 08:42 PM
If 'pumping the dough in' is a euphanism then I wish your sister a speedy recovery.

Cannae be, I've seen him in the showers. Hung like a mouse so he is.

scoopyboy
29-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Cannae be, I've seen him in the showers. Hung like a mouse so he is.

As a Tranent Juniors season ticket holder I demand to know the truth Brian!!!!!

.Sean.
29-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I'd started to really like KT again but if he signs for that rabble along the road from me I'll be straight down Millfield to lob pies at him come Derby Day in East Lothian :wink:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-06-2016, 09:38 PM
They can sign all the players they want, bit theyll never hey anywhere with that eejit in charge.

Hes no even from tranent, his boyhood heros my hoop

SJM
29-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Feeling old? 😜👍

😂😂 aye 😢😢

SJM
29-06-2016, 09:56 PM

You got one part right Stuarty. He trained last night yes, he's also been coaching previously. It's nowhere near the money you say for his apprenticeship though.

snooky
29-06-2016, 10:50 PM
You got one part right Stuarty. He trained last night yes, he's also been coaching previously. It's nowhere near the money you say for his apprenticeship though.

Black & Thomson - Painters & Plasterers (Tranent)
Goan yersel, boys. :aok:

we are hibs
29-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Goodbye.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-06-2016, 05:07 AM
As a Tranent Juniors season ticket holder I demand to know the truth Brian!!!!!

I'll provide pictorial evidence at our next cider orientated EGM in the Brig.

SMAXXA
30-06-2016, 07:23 AM
They can sign all the players they want, bit theyll never hey anywhere with that eejit in charge.

Hes no even from tranent, his boyhood heros my hoop

😂 cheers Keith

Onceinawhile
30-06-2016, 08:18 AM

Or the eufa cup final having beaten sporting Lisbon, fiorentina and a number of other good teams?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-06-2016, 08:57 AM
😂 cheers Keith

Couldnt resist...!

Speedy
01-07-2016, 07:30 AM

No, of course not but he obviously doesn't need the cash if he's not chasing it. And whatever he is being paid will be good money for part time football.