PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro

Mango Man
29-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Oh dear...

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/06/2015-europa-league-finalists-dnipro-to-be-disbanded-over-unpaid-debts/

Andy.1875
29-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Hopefully they can find their own STF to step in and save them.

Baldy Foghorn
29-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Was their all seated ground a new build, or the same venue where we played them, but upgraded?

Ozyhibby
29-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Given the general poverty of that city, it always bugged me that they could still find money to pay millionaire footballers. Says a lot about that society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabbage East
29-06-2016, 12:51 PM
All the trophies? That's new Dnipro.

All the debt? That's old Dnipro.

hibbypostie
29-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Given the general poverty of that city, it always bugged me that they could still find money to pay millionaire footballers. Says a lot about that society.

snap me too it seemed this site cared more about the locals than they did

ronaldo7
29-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Was their all seated ground a new build, or the same venue where we played them, but upgraded?

New build.

Just spoken to a mate in Dnipro. This is the info he's given.

"Nearly all the main players in the team have gone. The best options for the club are that they start in the lowest league from scratch.

Dnipro city council are having a meeting tomorrow, and are looking for a new investor.

Salary debts are now 11 months".

Billy Whizz
29-06-2016, 01:00 PM

New build, it was built for the Euros. Thought the government might have part paid for it

ronaldo7
29-06-2016, 01:01 PM
20 Million Euros in debt.

Baldy Foghorn
29-06-2016, 01:07 PM
New build.

"Nearly all the main players in the team have gone. The best options for the club are that they start in the lowest league from scratch.

Dnipro city council are having a meeting tomorrow, and are looking for a new investor.

New build, it was built for the Euros. Thought the government might have part paid for it

Thanks guys:aok:

ronaldo7
29-06-2016, 01:12 PM

No Billy, the guy who owns them built it with his own cash, he also built a training ground for them.

The owner stays in Switzerland and rarely visits Dnipro. The stadium and training camp were moved into another company of the owners from the Dnipro estate, so it looks like he's protecting his assets, to the detriment of the team/city.

The owner is Ihor Kolomoisky

Dashing Bob S
29-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Does this mean their win over us is null and void?

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Still got this from the first leg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmHyZwpWAAAKy2H.jpg

Billy Whizz
29-06-2016, 01:35 PM
No Billy, the guy who owns them built it with his own cash, he also built a training ground for them.

The owner stays in Switzerland and rarely visits Dnipro. The stadium and training camp were moved into another company of the owners from the Dnipro estate, so it looks like he's protecting his assets, to the detriment of the team/city.

The owner is Ihor Kolomoisky

Thanks Ronaldo, did you go on the trip

Smartie
29-06-2016, 01:54 PM
New build.

Will they be called The Dnipro?

ronaldo7
29-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Thanks Ronaldo, did you go on the trip

:agree: One of the best away trips I've done. Kept in touch with one of the lads out there who took us round the city.

ronaldo7
29-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Will they be called The Dnipro?

All their history goes with them.:wink:

Humo
29-06-2016, 02:04 PM
The real question is do they owe the debt to themselves? Cause if they do they'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Was it not the case that they built a new stadium but, the capacity wasn't big enough to be considered for hosting The Euros or have I just made that up? :confused:

Ozyhibby
29-06-2016, 04:10 PM
The new stadium was under construction when we were there. I remember seeing images of it on billboards around the city and they had a scale model of it in the Dnipro club shop.

allezsauzee
29-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Wow, 2 Europa league finalists disappearing the space of 4 years! More sorry to see Dnipro go than the other lot.

StevieC
29-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Was it not the case that they built a new stadium but, the capacity wasn't big enough to be considered for hosting The Euros or have I just made that up? :confused:

It wasn't the stadium that was the problem, it was the city infrastructure that ruled it out of the Euros 2012.
The old stadium is still in use (was used by a team that previously played in the war zone last season) so the supporters may be able to help start a new team and play there.

As mentioned above, the team was owned by Kolomoyski but he now stays abroad and lost interest. This has been on the cards since the start of last season and, despite qualifying, they were blocked entry to this seasons Europa Cup because Kolomoyski stubbornly refused to pay a football debt.

StevieC
29-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Interestingly the city has recently changed its name from Dnipropetrovsk to simply Dnipro, as part of the efforts to de-sovietise the country.

StevieC
29-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Supporter representatives had a meeting today with club officials, players and council members to try and find a way that they could move forward. A full report on the meeting is expected tomorrow.

SJM
29-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Didn't they bid £1m for Ivan based on two games? No wonder they took the Romanov/Huns route.

Was it Scott Brown who hit the post towards the South that night? Right in the inside of the post? If that went in we would have had momentum to do them and not collapse over there after Deeks scored. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Collapse over there after Deeks scored. :agree:

I seem to vaguely remember this stuff softening the blow!

http://nemiroffvodka.hu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Original_eng_500.jpg

_hucks_
29-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Didn't they bid £1m for Ivan based on two games? No wonder they took the Romanov/Huns route.

Was it Scott Brown who hit the post towards the South that night? Right in the inside of the post? If that went in we would have had momentum to do them and not collapse over there after Deeks scored. :agree:

I think Ivan hit the post in front of the famous five if that's what you're thinking of?

Topographic Hibby
29-06-2016, 08:24 PM
I think Ivan hit the post in front of the famous five if that's what you're thinking of?
That's my memory of it.

Roxyhibee
29-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Was a great trip, especially the locals during the day in Lenin Square. Very friendly and good fun.

Night time, others appeared who were not so friendly... Retreated back to the hotel..

i have great sympathy for the good people of that city if they have no football club, as the regular visiting fans from other countries bring a valuable contact with the outside world - international travel is pretty non existant due to extremely low pay.

But to that pug faced, menacing cop who was lined up facing us with the others just a few yards in front of us during the game right along the front wall and who kept doing a goading-grinning fist pump at his side every time they scored and who still never stopped even when we told his boss to have a word with him - GIRFUY.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2016, 08:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPE16kOzF9I

Some highlights from the first leg

Steve-O
30-06-2016, 12:45 AM

I think BOTH things happened actually - hit the post in both halves.

Sproule's would've been a wonder goal too.

StevieC
13-07-2016, 07:26 PM
It's looking like (but by no means certain) FC Dnipro will actually be starting the new season, albeit with a hefty points deduction.

However, they have lost all their first team players and their coaching staff and will likely be starting the season with a team of youngsters, and maybe some very cheap replacements.

It's expected that former players and employees will take the club, or rather the club owner, to court for unpaid wages so there could well be further consequences as the season progresses (unless agreements can be reached).

Kojock
13-07-2016, 08:43 PM
If my memory serves me right there was a pitch invasion at the end of the Dnipro game by a Hibs supporter wearing a Simpsons mask.

StevieC
14-07-2016, 01:47 PM
If my memory serves me right there was a pitch invasion at the end of the Dnipro game by a Hibs supporter wearing a Simpsons mask.

Yes. Wandered about the pitch for about 10 minutes before the police eventually moved him off. :greengrin

StevieC
25-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Not only did they start the league but, after a 5-0 opening day win, they are actually sitting top!!