PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEIL LENNON ON PRE-SEASON

RSS Bot
28-06-2016, 05:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6596)

HibsNutter
28-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Would guess that Holt and McDonald deals are done. Don't think interviewer would have asked about them otherwise, wouldn't be discussing mere speculation.

Finn2015
28-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Would guess that Holt and McDonald deals are done. Don't think interviewer would have asked about them otherwise, wouldn't be discussing mere speculation.

Well we will have some really good options up front if they do come to pass

The Sundance Kid
28-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Also confirms that Logan is gone in the interview

OsloHibs
28-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Also confirms that Logan is gone in the interview

Aww. That's sad. Legend forever.

Andy74
28-06-2016, 11:35 PM
He's done well to figure out we have quality and game intelligence whilst admitting they havent touched a football as yet!

Vault Boy
29-06-2016, 04:35 AM
He's done well to figure out we have quality and game intelligence whilst admitting they havent touched a football as yet!

They've done ball work and small high intensity matches in training. He's talking about having not played a full match against another team yet.

ruthven_raiders
29-06-2016, 07:13 AM

Football is a strange game, unlikely heroes pop out of nowhere, hardly play a game, have a blinder and change history, famous five players play hundreds of games and no holy grail. Suppose it makes football the most infuriating and best sport in the world.

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 08:26 AM

He's up their with Budgie as a Hibs goalkeeping icon. And there's not been many of them.

Franck Stanton
29-06-2016, 09:52 AM
He's up their with Budgie as a Hibs goalkeeping icon. And there's not been many of them.

Have to disagree with this comment, true we have had some right huddies in past 10/15 years but above statement is SOOOOO wide of the mark.
Are you seriously trying to say, Andy Goram, Jim Leighton, Alan Rough, Jim Herriot, Tommy Younger, aye even Jim McArthur were not iconic 'keepers ?

GreenCastle
29-06-2016, 10:04 AM
http://www.snspix.com/28-06-16-hibernian-training/photo/155456.html

Pics from training..

Spotted

Jordon Forster
Stanton
Harris
Install
Dylan
Fontaine
Legend Gray
Fyvie
Keatings on Fire
Bartley
McGregor
Lewis

Didn't see Cummings...? Mcgann given time off? Boyle in America ?

Conrad confirmed to leaving so says he's bringing in a GK.

SlickShoes
29-06-2016, 10:23 AM

Pics from training..

Spotted

Jordon Forster
Stanton
Harris
Install
Dylan
Fontaine
Legend Gray
Fyvie
Keatings on Fire
Bartley
McGregor
Lewis

McGinn has had extra time off, not sure about Cummings, Boyle is probably still drunk.

Iain G
29-06-2016, 10:31 AM

Pics from training..

Spotted

Jordon Forster
Stanton
Harris
Install
Dylan
Fontaine
Legend Gray
Fyvie
Keatings on Fire
Bartley
McGregor
Lewis

Where did we nick that shopping trolley from!! :greengrin

GreenCastle
29-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Boyle still drunk :faf:

He's been across in New York and recently got engaged to his girlfriend.

Shopping trolley was there last season at East Mains - seems to be used to carry equipment and does look a bit naff.

BlackSheep
29-06-2016, 12:36 PM
I saw JC in Nando's at Fountain Park at the weekend so he is definitely still in Edinburgh... whether he is training yet... who knows?

rodhibs55
29-06-2016, 12:40 PM
[/B]

Have to disagree with this comment, true we have had some right huddies in past 10/15 years but above statement is SOOOOO wide of the mark.
Are you seriously trying to say, Andy Goram, Jim Leighton, Alan Rough, Jim Herriot, Tommy Younger, aye even Jim McArthur were not iconic 'keepers ?

What about Super Mac - Mike MacDonald

SlickShoes
29-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Boyle still drunk :faf:

He's been across in New York and recently got engaged to his girlfriend.

Shopping trolley was there last season at East Mains - seems to be used to carry equipment and does look a bit naff.

I want to see Boyle at training still wearing those sun glasses!

BishopstonHibby
29-06-2016, 01:17 PM
http://www.snspix.com/28-06-16-hibernian-training/photo/155456.html Pics from training.. Spotted Jordon Forster Stanton Harris Install Dylan Fontaine Legend Gray Fyvie Keatings on Fire Bartley McGregor Lewis Didn't see Cummings...? Mcgann given time off? Boyle in America ? Conrad confirmed to leaving so says he's bringing in a GK.

Isn't Boyle at the back in photo number 9?

PeeKay
29-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Where did we nick that shopping trolley from!! :greengrin

Looks like they've nicked an Asda trolley. Yet another "atrocity" by Hibernian :wink:

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 01:55 PM
[/B]

Goram comes close. The rest were good, even very good keepers but hardly iconic. I can't believe you missed out Willie Wilson from your list.

Franck Stanton
29-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Goram comes close. The rest were good, even very good keepers but hardly iconic. I can't believe you missed out Willie Wilson from your list.

Wilson, was indeed a good keeper, my list is by no means ALL the good/great keepers we have had in my lifetime, merely a sample. Just my opinion mate, If you say Goram is the only one that comes close to being iconic, then your goalkeeping standards must be VERY HIGh indeed. Care to name any that do make such a list ? [Hibs keepers, not international ones]

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Wilson, was indeed a good keeper, my list is by no means ALL the good/great keepers we have had in my lifetime, merely a sample. Just my opinion mate, If you say Goram is the only one that comes close to being iconic, then your goalkeeping standards must be VERY HIGh indeed. Care to name any that do make such a list ? [Hibs keepers, not international ones]

I referred to Budgie and Logan being iconic as in popular rather than good. I agree we have had some good goalkeepers over the years but not many icons. For instance, you missed Ronnie Simpson who I would describe as a great goalkeeper of his time but not iconic enough for you to remember.

Wilson
29-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Jim Leighton. Bandy legs. Nae teeth. Vaseline over his brow to keep the sweat from his eyes. Looked ridiculous. Figure of fun to our opponents. Hell of a keeper. A goalkeeping icon of his day. Conrad is just the latest. A bit fat and had a good shoot-out once. Our opinions on what makes an icon clearly differ.

KWJ
29-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Shame we didn't have Szamatoulski (sp) the monk for longer.

I'd say Daniel Andersson was iconic, good keeper for us and his performance in that semi v Rangers alone puts him up there.

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Jim Leighton. Bandy legs. Nae teeth. Vaseline over his brow to keep the sweat from his eyes. Looked ridiculous. Figure of fun to our opponents. Hell of a keeper. A goalkeeping icon of his day. Conrad is just the latest. A bit fat and had a good shoot-out once. Our opinions on what makes an icon clearly differ.

Leighton was a decent keeper at Hibs during the 4 years he spent with us. However, his 20+ year career with Aberdeen, Man Utd, Dundee, and his international games for Scotland do overshadow what he achieved with us (one 3rd place in the league and a SC semi defeat). Icons are not necessarily the best in their field but they are usually notable for an achievement. So I'll stick by my statement of Budgie and Logan being icons for winning trophies

Jonnyboy
29-06-2016, 02:30 PM

Good spot. I reckon you're right 👍

bill_reed
29-06-2016, 02:40 PM
what about Thompson Allan or Ronny Simpson who had 123 appearances for hibs.....

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 02:46 PM
what about Thompson Allan or Ronny Simpson who had 123 appearances for hibs.....

I refer you to post #22

J-C
29-06-2016, 02:51 PM

Good spot. I reckon you're right 

Just behind young Harris. :agree:

Who's the young academy lad training with the main team in the same pic?

Craig_HFC
29-06-2016, 02:54 PM

I think that's Callum Crane.

I also think the development squad has been training with the first team this week.

J-C
29-06-2016, 02:54 PM

I can't edit bloody post, just checked the main site and the lad is Callum Crane, hopefully being moved up to the senior squad to cover Lewis.

J-C
29-06-2016, 02:55 PM
I think that's Callum Crane.

I also think the development squad has been training with the first team this week.

Yea just posted that, he seems to be in a few pics hence why I was curious,

Ryan69
29-06-2016, 02:57 PM
[/B]

Is it only me....Or did Logan not do anything for us in the final?
second goal,if he wasn't so fat.....would of saved that shot?

i really did not want many shots at him!

SlickShoes
29-06-2016, 03:00 PM

Both goals were not the fault of the goalie, beyond those things he had nothing to do.

SJM
29-06-2016, 03:01 PM

He was part of the team that won us the cup. He almost single handed got us to the final. Well more than enough.

Geo_1875
29-06-2016, 03:05 PM
He was part of the team that won us the cup. He almost single handed got us to the final. Well more than enough.

Best individual performance I've seen from a Hibs player in many years. At least 4 top drawer saves during the 120 minutes as well as his penalty saves.

SJM
29-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Best individual performance I've seen from a Hibs player in many years. At least 4 top drawer saves during the 120 minutes as well as his penalty saves.

I agree he was invincible that match and even if it was a one off that got us to the final and May 21 2016. Hero of a guy.

SaulGoodman
29-06-2016, 03:20 PM

It was more than a good shoot out, he made about 4 one on one saves during that match too.

We might not have even been in the final if it wasn't for him.

Northernhibee
29-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Look at his reaction when the attempted pass to Tavernier after our third goal went out. Shouting at the ball to go out, punching the air. He got it.

Thank you Conrad - Hibernian hero.

ForeverHibs93
29-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Interested to see who Lennon brings in as a keeper then, wonder if it will be a coup and they'll become our number 1.

Gutted Logan is gone mind you, that semi final performance was something special!

All the best to the big fella!

SquashedFrogg
30-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Think you're being a wee bit harsh. Not at fault for any of their goals. Doubt any keeper would've saved their 2nd. In fact, why don't you pick fault with the defending?

The one thing that really impressed me (especially in the 2nd half at Hampden) was his distribution. Nice wee ping down the left to Stokes on a few occasions.

Seems it's the norm just to slaughter on here these days. Nothing wrong with expressing opinions but its seems to go beyond that for a few on here.

Logan = Cup Winning Hero :aok: