PDA

View Full Version : New Coach - to assist Lennon and Parker ?

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 09:42 AM
With all the speculation about Grant Holt coming in on a 1 year playing contract, I wonder whether Lennon is also considering him as a Coach. We are one short, with Stubbs taking his team to Rotherham. I think, with all his (playing) background, Holt could do a good job as Player / Coach. I know he doesn't have any Coaching experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already done some of his 'Badges'.

Vault Boy
28-06-2016, 09:50 AM
With all the speculation about Grant Holt coming in on a 1 year playing contract, I wonder whether Lennon is also considering him as a Coach. We are one short, with Stubbs taking his team to Rotherham. I think, with all his (playing) background in England and Scotland, Holt could do a good job as Player / Coach. I know he doesn't have any Coaching experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already done some of his 'Badges'.

Been doing his badges with Norwich.

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Been doing his badges with Norwich.

He'd probably be a good shout then.

What's happened to Kevin Thomson, I don't think he's been mentioned on the Coaching front recently?

keep the faith
28-06-2016, 10:21 AM

What's happened to Kevin Thomson, I don't think he's been mentioned on the Coaching front recently?

KT would have been the obvious choice for me.

J-C
28-06-2016, 10:32 AM

Rumours about him going to Tranent Jnrs as a player/coach, a loss as far as I can see but he was just a youth coach last year, is he ready to move up to the senior squad.

Topographic Hibby
28-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Complete aside from me, was KT about in the final celebrations? Can't recall seeing him in pics etc, but he joins in the "rush" after the penalties at the DUFC SF win. He still has something to offer us, surely?

Smartie
28-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Complete aside from me, was KT about in the final celebrations? Can't recall seeing him in pics etc, but he joins in the "rush" after the penalties at the DUFC SF win. He still has something to offer us, surely?

He was in his suit, on the trackside in front of the South-East corner where he presumably went to see some relatives/ friends. He was as ecstatic as anyone else in that part of the ground at that time (seconds after the final whistle).

Topographic Hibby
28-06-2016, 11:12 AM
He was in his suit, on the trackside in front of the South-East corner where he presumably went to see some relatives/ friends. He was as ecstatic as anyone else in that part of the ground at that time (seconds after the final whistle).

Thanks for that. Just hadn't seen him in pics vids etc. Glad he was part of things.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-06-2016, 11:43 AM
I think this could be suited to Kris Commons if this rumours are to be believed

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 11:57 AM

RagingReality, on the Transfer Rumours thread, says Thomson's gone - he left at the same time as Dagnall. He's not listed anymore on the Club website. J-C could be right - he could be on his way to Tranent.

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I think this could be suited to Kris Commons if this rumours are to be believed
It's all gone very quiet with Commons.

Brightside
28-06-2016, 12:16 PM
With all the speculation about Grant Holt coming in on a 1 year playing contract, I wonder whether Lennon is also considering him as a Coach. We are one short, with Stubbs taking his team to Rotherham. I think, with all his (playing) background in England and Scotland, Holt could do a good job as Player / Coach. I know he doesn't have any Coaching experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already done some of his 'Badges'.

We aren't one short. Stubbs just brought in Holden as an older head.

bingo70
28-06-2016, 05:06 PM
We aren't one short. Stubbs just brought in Holden as an older head.

I've got absolutely zero experience in this field but having 2 coaches doesn't sound like enough to control a professional football team that I pressume will require certain areas needing specific help at times (defensive set pieces, off side trap etc)? I'm sure my coach at Edina u12's used to have a couple of folk helping him out.

Do experienced players normally help, Is there people in the background we just don't hear about, do coaches of the younger teams help out or do we genuinely do all our coaching with one or two people in charge?

Thecat23
28-06-2016, 05:18 PM
I've got absolutely zero experience in this field but having 2 coaches doesn't sound like enough to control a professional football team that I pressume will require certain areas needing specific help at times (defensive set pieces, off side trap etc)? I'm sure my coach at Edina u12's used to have a couple of folk helping him out.

Do experienced players normally help, Is there people in the background we just don't hear about, do coaches of the younger teams help out or do we genuinely do all our coaching with one or two people in charge?

The simple answer is all teams operate differently Bingo. Some have up to 8 people all involved with first team matters other have just 2. Players can step up and help out if needed it really just depends the set up of that club.

Brightside
28-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Butcher only had Malpas? Who did Fenlon have?

We have fitness coaches, doctors, goalkeeping coaches. 2 is plenty for first team coaching duties.

bingo70
28-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Butcher only had Malpas? Who did Fenlon have?

We have fitness coaches, doctors, goalkeeping coaches. 2 is plenty for first team coaching duties.

Cool, I wasn't saying Lennon, or the club were wrong to only have two, it was just an observation that two didn't seem like a lot.

You've answered my question though, there's fitness and goalkeeping coaches I wasn't thinking about.

jonty
28-06-2016, 08:14 PM
http://www.snspix.com/280616-hibernian-training-hibernian-training-centre/print/12268740.html
Grant Murray

Detective work by SteveHFC :greengrin

SteveHFC
28-06-2016, 08:17 PM
http://www.snspix.com/280616-hibernian-training-hibernian-training-centre/print/12268740.html
Grant Murray

I didn't hide in the bushes.

Brightside
28-06-2016, 08:26 PM
dev and first team are together hence grant being there.

hfc rd
28-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Johan Mjällby? Worked with both Lennon & Parker at Celtic & Bolton.

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Holt probably WON'T be coming as a Player / Coach. I saw the Scotsman tonight talking about Emile Heskey. Heskey was offered a Players contract but was only interested in coming if there was also a Coaching role. If Lenny didn't offer Heskey a Coaching job, I doubt he would want Holt for it. So, it looks like it'll just be a playing contract for him (IF one at all) ?

Bald Reynard
28-06-2016, 09:52 PM
I think Mjallby is managing a top tier Scandinavian team. I doubt he'd want to give that up for a Coaching job in the Scottish Championship (not even Assistant Manager - Parker's got that) !

HibbyAndy
28-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Grant Murray

Grants been coaching the laddies at Hibs for a wee while, Bloody good coach as well

Dashing Bob S
28-06-2016, 10:04 PM
i'm sure Lennon and Nosey will have somebody in mind.

Nicho87
28-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Looking through the sns pics. Murray looks like he is taken quite a big role in sessions, Eddie may also in a pic.

DAVE1875
29-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Has Andy Holden officially left? Just noticed his profile has been taken down from the site

Bald Reynard
29-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Looking through the sns pics. Murray looks like he is taken quite a big role in sessions, Eddie may also in a pic.
From what you say Nicho and things I've heard from a couple of other people, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Murray gets 'promoted' to Lenny's First Team Coaching set up. He's very well regarded at East Mains and everyone seems to think he's got the experience, knowledge and personality to make a good Senior Coach. Mind you, they say the same thing about Eddie May ! The youngsters have been lucky to have both of them Coaching. Perhaps we won't have to go 'outside' to get another First Team Coach ?

Jonnyboy
30-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Has Andy Holden officially left? Just noticed his profile has been taken down from the site

:agree:

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rotherham-united-andy-holden-3162089.aspx

LancashireHibby
30-06-2016, 08:51 PM
He went back to Sweden last year. Bolton's form nosedived when he left for what it's worth.

Blaster
30-06-2016, 08:53 PM
He went back to Sweden last year. Bolton's form nosedived when he left for what it's worth.

Was it not also linked to when the players wages were not being paid?

Bald Reynard
02-07-2016, 12:58 PM

Someone I know works at East Mains occasionally and said that he'd been told that Murray HAS been asked to help out with pre-season First Team training by Lenny. Whether that means he will officially be appointed as First Team Coach, I don't know.

Bald Reynard
04-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Does anyone know if Lee Makel is still at the Club - he was Coaching the Under 15's ? My mate hasn't seen him recently.

Jonnyboy
04-07-2016, 09:15 AM
He was in the Hibs dugout at Hawick on Saturday.