PDA

View Full Version : Rangers persecuted again!!

twiceinathens
26-06-2016, 06:12 PM
From today's Sunday Times Sports Section

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup, and its imposition of four games in nine days."........."claiming it does not allow him to prepare the way he would like for Rangers return to the Premiership."
And which teams do they play? The mighty Motherwell, awesome Annan Athetic, exciting East Stirling and scintillating Stirlng Albion(apologies to any supporters of these teams)
"How is it going to work? How do I bed in the team, bed in a back four? I don't know. It's just us trying to get through that period of games without injury"....... "It's a huge tournament and it's part of the treble and Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

Imagine anyone expecting them to comply with the rules which apply to every other club!!! What about their essential upcoming 10 day visit to South Carolina and the crucial friendly against Burnley? How could any team be asked to play four games in nine days. Surely no other team has ever been subject to such a punishing schedule!!

Is there no end of the persecution? This MUST stop.

PatHead
26-06-2016, 06:17 PM

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup, and its imposition of four games in nine days."........."claiming it does not allow him to prepare the way he would like for Rangers return to the Premiership."
And which teams do they play? The mighty Motherwell, awesome Annan Athetic, exciting East Stirling and scintillating Stirlng Albion(apologies to any supporters of these teams)
"How is it going to work? How do I bed in the team, bed in a back four? I don't know. It's just us trying to get through that period of games without injury"....... "It's a huge tournament and it's part of the treble and Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

Imagine anyone expecting them to comply with the rules which apply to every other club!!! What about their essential upcoming 10 day visit to South Carolina and the crucial friendly against Burnley? How could any team be asked to play four games in nine days. Surely no other team has ever been subject to such a punishing schedule!!

Wonder how he would have coped with Europe. Maybe just as well he isn't there.

BTW Alan Stubbs said that last season when the competition was revamped.

S4uzee
26-06-2016, 06:20 PM
He has a point. Stupid changes IMO

Famous Fiver
26-06-2016, 06:22 PM
He could always get his terracing heroes on to defend his poor under pressure players.

How else is he supposed to protect them? It's the Sevco way.

Bostonhibby
26-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Persecuted again? Oh no surely not people calling them huns again? it upset them last time.

The huns,:faf:

Supplying idiots to villages since at least 1690.

PatHead
26-06-2016, 06:24 PM

As I said above Stubbsy said it at the time.

The only reason he is moaning is because the new club are in it. Bet he couldn't give a toss next season if they are in Europe and don't have to play.

Finn2015
26-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Yes they are but they are changes that affect a lot of teams not just sevco but as usual it's them bleating again

oldbutdim
26-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Does Jabba ever allow a statement to go out without a reference to 'history' or 'tradition'?

Every single signing includes a reference in their hello hello to the media.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Sevco = always the victim

Waxy
26-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Its daft. I'd go back to knockout next year but bring in say the top 4 in the highland and lowland league. Will give them something else to aim for.

HappyAsHellas
26-06-2016, 06:37 PM
How many games did we have to play in a month last season Warburton ya fannie?

SouthMoroccoStu
26-06-2016, 07:06 PM

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup.

Well maybe you should have thought about that and won the Scottish cup, to avoid the early rounds.....

Oh well

Ronniekirk
26-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Getting his excuses in early for when they get knocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
26-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Crazy set up for the cup that will see record low attendances. Can't stand anything remotely Sevco but he has a point on this ridiculous change. It has already been tried in the past and didn't work.

Mr White
26-06-2016, 07:10 PM
#prayforwarbs

jgl07
26-06-2016, 07:21 PM
They could have avoided the group stages by qualifying for European competition. I bet they never thought of that! Maybe they were hoping that their win in the Petrofac Training Cup would suffice?

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2016, 07:23 PM
You cant return to somewhere you have never been before ya dick.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Tbh you would think he'd want to be busy.

Look what happened the last time he got a prolonged break before a game.....

mjhibby
26-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Crazy set up for the cup that will see record low attendances. Can't stand anything remotely Sevco but he has a point on this ridiculous change. It has already been tried in the past and didn't work.

He does have a point but still highly amusing seeing him getting all worked up about it. As has been said how many games did we play in the last six weeks of the season. Is strange though having so many games where there will one man and his dug there. Ah the Gfa. Don't you just love em.

26-06-2016, 08:36 PM
He's probably concerned it conflicts with their opening tie in the Europa League..........Oh wait a minute..........:loser:

Smartie
26-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Has anyone started a petition yet?

shreevesy
26-06-2016, 10:27 PM
What traditions have they managed to get in their 4 year history?
Warburton is a complete roaster.

Ergye
26-06-2016, 10:35 PM
'Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

They need to keep reminding everyone that they know they died.

We know you know. :greengrin

monktonharp
27-06-2016, 01:12 AM
9 divided by 4 = 2.25. you don't really need to be a mathematitian to see that it will cause problems for most teams involved in the early stages of this particular competition. I seriously hope my club intend to be in the latter stages of a cup we nearly won last season.

cocteautwin
27-06-2016, 01:25 AM
Footballers complaining about having to play football? Fuds.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2016, 06:05 AM
'Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

They need to keep reminding everyone that they know they died.

We know you know. :greengrin

Traditions?, is he saying every competition and opponent deserves a dose of sectarian hate descending on them?

banarc7062
27-06-2016, 09:51 AM

Reference to "Rangers RETURN to the Premiership""".....This outfit have never been IN the premiership before. GGTTH

rodhibs55
27-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Looking at this from a different angle, is this just preparing us for league re-construction? Top league of 16 and the extra games in the new LC format to make up for the reduced league games.

jacomo
27-06-2016, 02:32 PM
The treble is on! :faf:

Hibernian Verse
27-06-2016, 02:38 PM
After we win the league we'll have to wait 3/4 weeks for the cup final so I do see his point.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
27-06-2016, 02:39 PM
If it's such a problem for the rangers I don't know why they didn't just carry on with the same set up as they had before the big name change. They had plenty players available to take on all these extra games and nothing ever seemed to be a problem then.

I really don't understand why they bothered with all the changes when you look at the inconvenience it's caused.