PDA

View Full Version : Rod and our Holy Grail

The Harp
26-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Anyone manage to get their hands on, or even get a glimpse of, the Cup yesterday afternoon at the Brunton Theatre in Mussie?
I heard it was arranged as a gesture to a staff member who couldn’t get time off to attend the Cup Final as he/she had to work on our big day. The Cup was meant to be there from 4.30 until 6.30 before a Dance Show started in the Theatre on Sat evening.
I toddled along, camera in hand, at 5.45 only to be told the Cup (and Rod) had been and gone.:boo hoo: I spoke to a few folk who had seen it – one woman mentioned the look of horror on Rod’s face when her dad lifted the Cup.:eek: Don’t know how many folk turned up because it doesn’t seem to have been well-publicised.
Could it be, because of the 114 year wait we had to land it, Rod doesn’t want it being away from its new home for any longer than necessary?:hmmm:

green day
26-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Anyone manage to get their hands on, or even get a glimpse of, the Cup yesterday afternoon at the Brunton Theatre in Mussie?
I heard it was arranged as a gesture to a staff member who couldn’t get time off to attend the Cup Final as he/she had to work on our big day. The Cup was meant to be there from 4.30 until 6.30 before a Dance Show started in the Theatre on Sat evening.
I toddled along, camera in hand, at 5.45 only to be told the Cup (and Rod) had been and gone.:boo hoo: I spoke to a few folk who had seen it – one woman mentioned the look of horror on Rod’s face when her dad lifted the Cup.:eek: Don’t know how many folk turned up because it doesn’t seem to have been well-publicised.
Could it be, because of the 114 year wait we had to land it, Rod doesn’t want it being away from its new home for any longer than necessary?:hmmm:

Think it's a more straightforward reason.
G 4 S boy at Easter Road on Friday told me not to lift it as the top and base are not attached.

Liam978
26-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Nah, he knew you were on your way Peter.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Whats the obsession on here with Rod Petrie?

BT58
26-06-2016, 06:01 PM
I wish i had known this, i stay round the corner next to the auld school.

Stantons Angel
26-06-2016, 06:15 PM
I wish i had known this, i stay round the corner next to the auld school.
I think you will find that this was done for an individual as a one off and wasnt meant as a public event.

It was good of the club to have arranged this on behalf of this person and Rod would be cracking up if someone did pick it up and the cup and base, that is not attached, tumbled to the ground. Its an old metal and may be worth a lot of money with no accidental damage cover under its insurance.

The cup will be back on display at Easter Road in July so you can nip along then and get your photo taken with it.

After all the time we have waited to get it back to Easter Road i would think many of us would like our photo taken with it!

Finn2015
26-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Whats the obsession on here with Rod Petrie?

He's dreamy 😍

Skyegreen
26-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Oor Rod, met him for the very first time when I was up getting my cheesy wee grin taken with the cup 😀

What a very pleasant man he was. Very affording with his time and very chatty too! Apparently he knew we'd win the cup 😵

The Harp
26-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Nah, he knew you were on your way Peter.

It's usually just women that treat me like that

Ronniekirk
26-06-2016, 07:05 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/eac74eb16b3b91ff38752f4dfa1f7ee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my left peg
26-06-2016, 07:41 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/6be9fcf75a2272d899e846e644914d60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

my left peg
26-06-2016, 07:45 PM
My youngest with the cup yesterday at the brunton.....rod didnt mind!

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Loved Rods response to the young Sky reporter who interviewed him right after the final whistle.

Young Sky Reporter said something along the lines of "Well Rod, did you ever imagine you'd see your side win the Scottish Cup?"

Rod: "........Yes."

Class :greengrin

Dalianwanda
26-06-2016, 10:48 PM
It was a great gesture to bring it down...Wish I could have been there..