PDA

View Full Version : mark oxley

ancone
26-06-2016, 02:20 PM
i met mark oxley in berwick yesterday
he said he had a real powerful workout on friday
and was looking forward to next season ,nice guy stop and spoke to us for a bit and gave me his autograph
seemed really relaxed about next season and real positive

PercyHibs
26-06-2016, 03:01 PM
i met mark oxley in berwick yesterday
he said he had a real powerful workout on friday
and was looking forward to next season ,nice guy stop and spoke to us for a bit and gave me his autograph
seemed really relaxed about next season and real positive

I sat next to him at the hibs poty dinner. He's a top man. very genuine.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2016, 03:07 PM
He's always come across as a decent guy and seemed to deal with being dropped last season in a professional manner.

He's still young and I hope it works out for him. I'd have no issue with him and someone else fighting it our for the gloves next season

Billy Whizz
26-06-2016, 03:14 PM
He's always come across as a decent guy and seemed to deal with being dropped last season in a professional manner.

He's still young and I hope it works out for him. I'd have no issue with him and someone else fighting it our for the gloves next season

Wonder where Virtanen fits into the scheme of things?

R'Albin
26-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Him and Boyle were both a good laugh when we saw them on final night. I've criticised him a lot but he seems a thoroughly decent bloke.

SJM
26-06-2016, 03:21 PM
The Danny Handling of the goalkeeping world. I would be delighted if we could free up his wage for someone else.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-06-2016, 03:31 PM

That's where I am. Would love it to work out for him.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-06-2016, 03:55 PM
He seemed genuinely thrilled when we won the Cup and you could have forgiven him if he'd been a bit subdued in the circumstances. He went up in my estimation that day, though I'd never had anything against him anyway.

J-C
26-06-2016, 03:56 PM
The Danny Handling of the goalkeeping world. I would be delighted if we could free up his wage for someone else.

Really nae need, if you have nothing decent to say, better nothing at all, just makes you look childish. :rolleyes:

Franck Le God
26-06-2016, 03:58 PM

Being a football fan's all about opinions but I just don't get the point of comments like these.

Smartie
26-06-2016, 04:01 PM
He has had some very good performances and good saves in his time with us.

He's also had a wobbly spell and a few mistakes that imo he was correctly dropped for.

This happens to every player at some point.

As has been pointed out, he seems to have reacted positively and professionally to this.

I'd have no problem with him starting next season as our number one.

MyJo
26-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Being a football fan's all about opinions but I just don't get the point of comments like these.

Attention whore :agree:

Nutmegged
26-06-2016, 04:20 PM
A decent guy by all accounts but I'd hope to see someone of a better standard between the sticks next Season.

Brooster
26-06-2016, 04:30 PM
I sat next to him at the hibs poty dinner. He's a top man. very genuine.

Did you put the butter in Dylan's suit pocket?

Enough said
26-06-2016, 04:31 PM

Agreed mate

PercyHibs
26-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Dod you put the butter in Dylan's suit pocket?

Haha, not me. you'd have to ask mr oxley about that

Brooster
26-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Haha, not me. you'd have to ask mr oxley about that

Haha. I was at the same table.

Sammy7nil
26-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Really nae need, if you have nothing decent to say, better nothing at all, just makes you look childish. :rolleyes:

IDisagree he seems a very nice man people like him but he is paid to be a goal keeper and unfortunately he has not proved to be very good at that. I would be okay with him moving on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Sure that there is a competent keeper in there. Any goalie for us has to be a strong character as that can't be trained into a player. Some competition and a decent coaching programme will do him no harm.

Enough said
26-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Sure that there is a competent keeper in there. Any goalie for us has to be a strong character as that can't be trained into a player. Some competition and a decent coaching programme will do him no harm. what's been happening the last 2 seasons?

superfurryhibby
26-06-2016, 05:15 PM
IDisagree he seems a very nice man people like him but he is paid to be a goal keeper and unfortunately he has not proved to be very good at that. I would be okay with him moving on.

I think there has to be a distinction between snidey and bitchy comparisons to other players and offering a view on a players abilities. Oxley is considerably better in goals than some people on here at expressing an opinion ( not referring to you).

PISTOL1875
26-06-2016, 05:17 PM

Well what do you want him to say ??? Just because Oxley seems to be a decent bloke we will forget about the fact that he's a very poor keeper shall we ??.

SJM
26-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Attention whore :agree:

Shut up John 👍 Oxley isn't good enough and if we can release him to get a proper 'keeper in to take us up I'll be delighted.

Shall we just lie and say everyone is brilliant? Even Stubbs didn't trust him in the end.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Quite noticeable that you're a bit of a clown. I'm always one for advocating free speech and voicing opinions but you're posts are embarrassing :agree:

SJM
26-06-2016, 05:25 PM

On a football forum we all have to praise all our players regardless of their abilities? I didn't realise I had logged on to North Korea. Obey.

While there are some saying Scott McDonald and Cammy Bell are rubbish. Baffling.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Shut up John  Oxley isn't good enough and if we can release him to get a proper 'keeper in to take us up I'll be delighted.

Shall we just lie and say everyone is brilliant? Even Stubbs didn't trust him in the end.

The fact you managed to slaughter another Hibs player when posting you're opinions tells us all we need to know.

OK. If we are telling the truth I'll happily say your posts are p*sh. Even I don't trust you in the end.

PISTOL1875
26-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Quite noticeable that you're a bit of a clown. I'm always one for advocating free speech and voicing opinions but you're posts are embarrassing :agree:

How can you say he's a clown because you don't agree with him ?? Oxley is honking mate and as someone else posted elsewhere , not even Stubbs trusted him in the end...

You are another example of a .net computer hardman.. Insults whilst sitting behind your screen...

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Well what do you want him to say ??? Just because Oxley seems to be a decent bloke we will forget about the fact that he's a very poor keeper shall we ??.He isn't a very poor keeper, dunno where you got that fact from.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2016, 05:38 PM
How can you say he's a clown because you don't agree with him ?? Oxley is honking mate and as someone else posted elsewhere , not even Stubbs trusted him in the end...

You are another example of a .net computer hardman.. Insults whilst sitting behind your screen...:faf:

You called Oxley a honking keeper to his face like?

MyJo
26-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Shut up John 👍 Oxley isn't good enough and if we can release him to get a proper 'keeper in to take us up I'll be delighted.

:hilarious: given that you know my name despite me never engaging with you (well this personality of yours anyway) confirms it then.

Which is your other username Richard?....I'm guessing it's "enough said" :wink:

PISTOL1875
26-06-2016, 05:47 PM
He isn't a very poor keeper, dunno where you got that fact from.

Aye right mate.. I will crack the jokes...

Clearly you haven't watched him in action.. Actually pony...

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 05:51 PM

You are another example of a .net computer hardman.. Insults whilst sitting behind your screen...

Oh, the irony.... :cb

Nope. Not 'another example of a .net computer hardman". Just pointing out the obvious. Opinions is what this forum are all about. I'm just expressing mine.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-06-2016, 05:58 PM
what's been happening the last 2 seasons?

Well no real consistent competition for a start.

PISTOL1875
26-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Oh, the irony.... :cb

Nope. Not 'another example of a .net computer hardman". Just pointing out the obvious. Opinions is what this forum are all about. I'm just expressing mine.

Yeh you are having your opinion but with the uncalled for name calling.. Another hardman who who p1ss their pants if ever confronted about what you have to say...

Vault Boy
26-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Worse infighting than the PLP. :boo hoo:

Glad to hear the OP, hope Ox can kick on under a new manager and if it's not to be, he forges a good career for himself elsewhere. Far worse people AND players we could have at the club than Mark.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 06:04 PM
For the record I'm not stating Oxley is the best keeper ever. Nor am I suggesting he is the worst. The OP made a post about meeting him and saying he came across as a very decent guy. My beef is with casual slaughtering on a post like this.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Aye right mate.. I will crack the jokes...

Clearly you haven't watched him in action.. Actually pony...I've watched him plenty of times thanks.

A solid keeper who will only improve.

allezsauzee
26-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I think Oxley is a decent keeper and is better than most that we've had over the past 10 years. I think he'd be better playing in a team where he was a bit busier because I think most of his mistakes have been a result of a lack of concentration. And while Konrad Logan was more commanding at crosses , I think Oxley may have saved some of the shots Logan let in due to his agility.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Yeh you are having your opinion but with the uncalled for name calling.. Another hardman who who p1ss their pants if ever confronted about what you have to say...

Again, I'll refer to irony.

Happy to discuss anything Hibs related with any Hibby. Off line if required. Nothing better than a pint and a good old exchange of opinions (pre-match before Bronby is good for me). People on here know me and know I'm extremely open minded and always happy to have my mind changed. If someone feels offended and needs someone to speak up for then that's understandable and I apologise. *Retracts the term 'clown'.

I've no problem with that. We all need a friend sometimes.

As explained before, I just felt that this was the wrong thread to slaughter Oxely and adding in Handling.

My_Wife_Camille
26-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Oxley played his part in our Cup win and is every bit as big a legend as anyone else in that squad IMO.

I still think he's a poor keeper and hope we have better next season. Hope he moves on and has a fantastic career.

J-C
26-06-2016, 06:41 PM

On a football forum we all have to praise all our players regardless of their abilities? I didn't realise I had logged on to North Korea. Obey.

While there are some saying Scott McDonald and Cammy Bell are rubbish. Baffling.

OP was about a chance meeting with Oxley and what a nice bloke he seems, you took the chance to twist the knife into him and at the same time Handling a 2 for 1 snidey dig. The post had nothing to do with Oxley's footballing prowess, or lack of it but you chose to take the opportunity to have a go anyway.

I've also met him and he's a decent bloke and I too would like to see stiffer competition for his place.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Oxley played his part in our Cup win and is every bit as big a legend as anyone else in that squad IMO.

I still think he's a poor keeper and hope we have better next season. Hope he moves on and has a fantastic career.

Perfectly put :aok:

I actually hope Conrad is given a wee chance. Not everyone's cup of tea but possibly deserves an extension. I'll let NL make the judgement but I like the big guy... Also wouldn't cost us anything so means we could use money for attacking options?

PISTOL1875
26-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I've watched him plenty of times thanks.

A solid keeper who will only improve.

Honestly mate , how much Don Revie have you been taking ???

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Honestly mate , how much Don Revie have you been taking ???Grow up eh...pathetic.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Honestly mate , how much Don Revie have you been taking ???

the actual pronunciation is Reevie, not rev ie...and he is a football legend(imo of course)

sgd A ped ant

Sammy7nil
26-06-2016, 11:00 PM
OP was about a chance meeting with Oxley and what a nice bloke he seems, you took the chance to twist the knife into him and at the same time Handling a 2 for 1 snidey dig. The post had nothing to do with Oxley's footballing prowess, or lack of it but you chose to take the opportunity to have a go anyway.

I've also met him and he's a decent bloke and I too would like to see stiffer competition for his place.

Simply responding to another post, wee bit of over reaction from you i think. Funny thing is you appear to agree with me we need better.

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2016, 05:21 AM

I had a chuckle.

J-C
27-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Simply responding to another post, wee bit of over reaction from you i think. Funny thing is you appear to agree with me we need better.

Never said we didn't need better, just nae need to stick the boot in when the OP was about his personality and not his keeping prowess and in the same process have a dig at Handling.

Joe Baker2
27-06-2016, 11:17 AM
good bloke by all accounts but should only be a reserve goalie at Hibs. I'll be really disappointed if we don't sign a better keeper. I reckon he cost us 12 points last season and we can't have a repeat that if we want promotion.

scoopyboy
27-06-2016, 11:56 AM
good bloke by all accounts but should only be a reserve goalie at Hibs. I'll be really disappointed if we don't sign a better keeper. I reckon he cost us 12 points last season and we can't have a repeat that if we want promotion.

I would be interested to know how you arrived at that figure.

stantonhibby
27-06-2016, 11:58 AM
I would be interested to know how you arrived at that figure.

He made it up