PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Pitch Invasion

Dashing Bob S
25-06-2016, 01:04 PM
How was it for you?

Franck Stanton
25-06-2016, 01:17 PM
can understand the outpouring of emotion at the occassion. However, having said that, I did feel let down by not being able to see the players do the traditional "lap of Honour" after cup presentation.
Don't for one minute believe all the crap issued by the sore losers re the violence, if anything it was their orks that caused any nastiness on the pitch. Why did ANY of their supporters come onto the pitch if it wasn't for trouble / THEY LOST FFS -- just do the honourable thing and leave and let the winners celebrate in peace.
Only a minor grump however, but would have liked to see the players with cup on field watching us singing and celebrating.

lugz
25-06-2016, 01:20 PM
I voted neutral as it made no difference to my day I was still in my seat sobbing like a bairn. Not bothered for the half lap of honour, SOL and GGTTH are the memories I will keep with me forever.

With regards to the neds I hope they get banned for life and regret it when they miss us lifting the cup again.

Keith_M
25-06-2016, 01:22 PM
None of the above.

This is my view.

- Majority acted out of exuberance, minority acted stupidly and brought shame on the club, overall it gave an excuse to the MSM to demonise Hibs and the Support and take the focus off the win.

In retrospect, it would have been better if everybody had remained in the stands.

25-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Didn't spoilt the day or tarnish anything. It was an outpouring of relief and just sheer joy. The vast majority of hibs fans went on out of joy, with no violent or malicious intent. Yes, there was a small number of idiots thats took it too far and they have rightly been dealt with but the stories coming out of ibrox were laughable. The huns purely just trying to deflect away from the real story of the day. They knew fine well that the more they milked this, the more it deflected from the fact they ****ed up a lead in the final with 15 minutes to go. They were doing everything in their power to try and tarnish the day for us - epic fail!

The moral high ground taken by them was absolutely hilarious. That vile, bigotted, rotten to the core club getting all high and mighty over behaviour :faf::faf::faf:

Speedy
25-06-2016, 01:35 PM
My immediate reaction was FFS, we've just won the cup for the first time in 114 years and you've still got a crowd full of hibbies booing :greengrin

I'm neutral, liked the emotion of the pitch invasion but the fighting was out of order.

CallumLaidlaw
25-06-2016, 01:36 PM
I voted neutral as it made no difference to my day I was still in my seat sobbing like a bairn. Not bothered for the half lap of honour, SOL and GGTTH are the memories I will keep with me forever.

With regards to the neds I hope they get banned for life and regret it when they miss us lifting the cup again.

I agree with this post 100%. Was in same situation as you too

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2016, 01:44 PM
I loved it, i couldnt even tell you who won last seasons final, every fan of every club will remember this cup final. :top marks

livi hibs 1875
25-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Chick young on bbc scotland wanting hibs docked of points for next season for the pitch invasion..

This man should not be on radio.

just ban him traynor and all the other fuds from Easter Road and anything that has been said or said in future they should be made to stand by those words . example players been beaten assaulted blah blah frigging blah

s.a.m
25-06-2016, 01:52 PM
None of the options fit for me, but I picked the first one . because it was closest. Nothing tarnishes the win, but I'd much rather folk had stayed in their seats because a) I'd have liked to see the players celebrating / given the chance to parade the cup, and b) as said before, it allowed the focus to be taken off our win, and the The Rangers' failure, and given a lazy sports media a story to slaver over.

The minority Hibs fans that went on to noise up the opposition fans or players need their heads examined, as well as banned.
I can't get my head round the fact that we FINALLY win the bloody thing, when people were screaming with joy, crying, thinking of those who couldn't be there, kissing and cuddling their neighbours etc... there are fans whose first reaction was to go hun-baiting:dunno:

lord bunberry
25-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I loved the pitch invasion, I just wished at the time they'd got of the pitch a bit quicker.

Ergye
25-06-2016, 02:04 PM
I loved it, i couldnt even tell you who won last seasons final, every fan of every club will remember this cup final. :top marks

Correct.

A quick look around other clubs forums will tell you that they were uniformly delighted with the spectacle of seeing Newco humiliated in such a way - Last minute winner etc.

Pitch invasion, without the silly goaders who went too far, looked like splendid fun. I would've dug myself a hole in the pitch and stayed buried there happy for eternity, with my ***** sticking out like a sprinkler ready to urinate on the next The Rangers player that had the temerity to try and play there and win.

Waxy
25-06-2016, 02:04 PM
The invasion was unstoppable given the circumstances but why go over the halfway line? Why even look at the Rangers support? The win wasn't about them.Cant fathom how anyone could feel aggression in those moments after the whistle.Dafties.Though it was a very small number and The rangers fans really didnt have any excuse for entering the pitch.

fife hfc
25-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Nothing will ever tarnish that day for me. At the time I was gutted that I never went on but not too bothered about those who did. How can anything EVER tarnish the moment and feelings I had when Gray scored. Nothing can ruin that.

pacoluna
25-06-2016, 02:13 PM
These kind of discussions have been discussed on other threads, why is it still getting dragged up.

cookin_on_gaz
25-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Chick young on bbc scotland wanting hibs docked of points for next season for the pitch invasion..

This man should not be on radio.

Although Chick Dung is a slavering eejit, the comment about us being docked points was made tongue in cheek

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Wonder if those that loved the invasion, will love it if Hibs cop a hefty fine?

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2016, 02:20 PM
I could have been killed on the way home and it wouldn't have ruined that day.

CraigHibee
25-06-2016, 02:25 PM
nothing will ever take away that feeling that rushed through me as the 3rd goal hit the net and the final whistle went, i can understand folk on the pitch, you can see the tv highlights and folk were running down the stairs after the 3rd goal was scored, not a lot that could have been done to stop folk going on the pitch imo.

some got a little "too excited" and ran to the huns end but, it didn't spoil it for me :flag:

fat freddy
25-06-2016, 02:37 PM
I got a message from a mate who supports Dundee Utd saying he would be ashamed of me if I never went on the pitch, he said watching it on TV was brilliant and he was jealous of our celebrations. As recently as this week a Jambo admitted to me that watching the scenes had made him emotional and he'd had to hold in the tears as he thought of those Hibbies he knew that would be overjoyed with the win. Everyone outside of The Zombies and a few bitter Jambos loved it. The pitch invasion was a thing of beauty. A joyous climax in our quest for the Holy Grail, we should embrace it as part of our history. We are Hibees, we do what we want! A few fighting clowns will never erase how I felt as I kissed the turf with my son beside me.

cookin_on_gaz
25-06-2016, 02:38 PM
At first it was, then he clearly said "he wont sort out the sectarian singing until this (our pitch invaders) are punished first. He thinks docking us points will make other fans never do the same.
The man does this all the time: using humour to deflect.

No his exact words were that we should be docked 15 points to give St Mirren a chance at the title. The other pundits then had a laugh about sectarian singing and Chick said that there would be no point in tackling sectarianism if that was peoples attitudes. I do agree that the man is a welt at times but on this occasion what he was saying was correct

DH1875
25-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Thought Chick had retired :confused:

MyJo
25-06-2016, 02:52 PM
The very small minority who crossed the halfway line to goad and fight with the rangers fans and those idiots that went for the players are the ones who have spoiled part of the celebrations for both the other fans and players and caused the club no end of bother.

The pich invasion itself and the vast majority of those who were on the pitch just to celebrate and behaved would have added to the ocassion and shown the utter joy we all experienced in winning the trophy. Even the damage to the goalposts and the pitch could have been laughed away as exuberance and a cheque written for the repairs but thanks to the violence this is also being treated as vandalism/criminal damage.

Nothing could take away from how amazing those last 15 minutes of the game were or how happy i was at winning the cup and the celebrations that followed but I can't help but be disappointed that I and my kids missed out on the traditional lap of honour and seeing the players celebrate on the pitch when this was the first time they will have seen Hibs win something.

WoreTheGreen
25-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Thought Chick had retired :confused:

That fud will retire when King/Trainer tell him to

silverhibee
25-06-2016, 03:14 PM

When was the last time a club in Scotland got a hefty fine for fans coming on to the pitch, how much were hertz Motherwell or Rangers fined for fans coming on to the pitch in the past, in the hertz incidents a player and a manager were assaulted but I can't remember Hertz being fined, and not forgetting Kilmarnock fans who invaded the pitch at the end of this season, no talk of a investigation in to that from the authorities that run our game.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-06-2016, 03:23 PM
I thought the whole occasion, including the pitch invasion, was the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life!

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 03:25 PM
When was the last time a club in Scotland got a hefty fine for fans coming on to the pitch, how much were hertz Motherwell or Rangers fined for fans coming on to the pitch in the past, in the hertz incidents a player and a manager were assaulted but I can't remember Hertz being fined, and not forgetting Kilmarnock fans who invaded the pitch at the end of this season, no talk of a investigation in to that from the authorities that run our game.

Hefty fine for criminal activities and damages......

SaulGoodman
25-06-2016, 03:29 PM
The minority that went straight to the Hun fans aren't Hibs fans.

The footballs just an excuse to get bevvied and look for fights for them.

Edit: Tin hat on here but I don't even get pitch invasions, can you not have an outpouring of relief without having to run down the steps over the advertising hoardings avoid the stewards and run onto the pitch? I said the same thing when City won the league a few years ago

ben johnson
25-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Some fans went on Some did not. We could debate all day but it will only upset some people. What I wanted from the day was that mob going up for their losers medals and on the way back down seeing HFC lined up and ready to go up and get the Cup. I was at the daylight robbery final in 79 and it's been a long wait for that to be righted. I was disappointed but took great memories from the day and the following day. They were skulking in their dressing room when we should have been giving them it tight. Hat doffed to Kenny Miller who was not skulking but popped into the winners dressing room.

silverhibee
25-06-2016, 03:46 PM

Not really the answer I was looking for from my post, but, how much were hertz or Motherwell fined for the criminal activities that took place when there fans entered the field of play, and will Kilmarnock get a hefty fine for the criminal activities that took place during the pitch invasion at the end of this season.

green day
25-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Not really the answer I was looking for from my post, but, how much were hertz or Motherwell fined for the criminal activities that took place when there fans entered the field of play, and will Kilmarnock get a hefty fine for the criminal activities that took place during the pitch invasion at the end of this season.

This 100%. And the SFA are well aware that Hibs ain't going to simply accept something which has no precedent.

We (the club) might be fined for damage, but are not responsible for the invasion.

killie-hibby
25-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Didn't vote. Would have gone for Tarnished,but strongly disagree with the pitch invaders being described as Neds by the original poster.

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Not bothered what happened to other Clubs, Hibs have been working tirelessly since Final day, dealing with the fallout, as opposed to revelling in our Cup win.......Hence the bans, the e-mails etc......

The Spaceman
25-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Would be saying enhanced if there hadn't been punches thrown/widespread damage, was absolute scenes seeing everyone pile onto the pitch.

Ilovehibs
25-06-2016, 06:30 PM
None of the above.

This is my view.

- Majority acted out of exuberance, minority acted stupidly and brought shame on the club, overall it gave an excuse to the MSM to demonise Hibs and the Support and take the focus off the win.

In retrospect, it would have been better if everybody had remained in the stands.

Spot on.

Humo
25-06-2016, 06:36 PM
I thought it was immense at first and the scenes on the pitch were brilliant. I would say though that i think it went on far too long and I would of loved to see the cup paraded.

Phil MaGlass
25-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I was not on the pitch, but I can understand it. Police nowhere to be seen.114 years.hyped up fans,media against us,tv pundits against us, euphoria emotions, BUT fans were on pitch too long. No need to piss huns off, even though they r **** of the earth.
Never missed lap of honour as I xouldnae wait tae get back tae the Clerie tae celebrate. Actually, the pitch invasion was a highlight.zo f,g any hun pundit who said it wiz a disgrace.As has been said earlier I will b willing to pay towards any fund which pays our fine.
Saul Goodman: I have to disagree with you to an extent, the minority were Hibs fans and always will be, as much as WE dont like it, its true.

Just back dae the US. Still emotional. Whi a f,n game, team, club.
Again excuse spellin wee bit bevvied.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2016, 08:36 PM

How hefty is the fine we are getting?

Phil MaGlass
25-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Quickie. How can there b 120 % when it can only be100 in total

Joe6-2
25-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I loved the pitch invasion, I just wished at the time they'd got of the pitch a bit quicker.

It was always going to happen, would have been fine if they had stayed in our half.
Tho sevco fans should never have been on the pitch!

murray26
25-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Didn't vote.. Wasn't even on the park but enjoyed the scenes.. Will live with me for the rest of my life..

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2016, 10:56 PM
The pitch invasion didn't in any way spoil or tarnish the day for me. The few idiots who attacked players or went directly to the Hun fans can only ask themselves why they acted the way they did ...... utter morons whose bans from Easter Road will benefit us all.

The pitch invasion was inevitable in my opinion and so predictable the blame for failing to control it lies squarely at the door of the SFA and Police Scotland. The fact that the team didn't get to take the cup round was in my opinion the result of spite at what had happened ... by the time the cup was presented there was probably less than 100 Sevco fans in the ground and about 200 police and stewards on the byline at the Hibs end. There was no reason whatsoever by that time to keep the Hibs players in the stand apart from to teach the Hibs fans a lesson.

Like it or not, the pitch invasion will in years to come be seen as one of the things that made the day special compared to other Scottish cup finals and will become part of the clubs folklore.

GGTTH http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 11:18 PM
The pitch invasion didn't in any way spoil or tarnish the day for me. The few idiots who attacked players or went directly to the Hun fans can only ask themselves why they acted the way they did ...... utter morons whose bans from Easter Road will benefit us all.

The pitch invasion was inevitable in my opinion and so predictable the blame for failing to control it lies squarely at the door of the SFA and Police Scotland. The fact that the team didn't get to take the cup round was in my opinion the result of spite at what had happened ... by the time the cup was presented there was probably less than 100 Sevco fans in the ground and about 200 police and stewards on the byline at the Hibs end. There was no reason whatsoever by that time to keep the Hibs players in the stand apart from to teach the Hibs fans a lesson.

Like it or not, the pitch invasion will in years to come be seen as one of the things that made the day special compared to other Scottish cup finals and will become part of the clubs folklore.

GGTTH http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Even though it was condemned by our CEO?

NAE NOOKIE
25-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Even though it was condemned by our CEO?

Condemnation rarely affects history mate ...... The rights and wrongs of what happened will evaporate in the mists of time and all that will be remembered is that the Hibs fans were so overjoyed they invaded the pitch. Do you think Argentinian fitba fans look at their shoes every time somebody mentions that they beat England with a blatant piece of cheating every time the think of their world cup win in 1986.

Loopz
25-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Could we cover any fine by charging £10 per head for the away season ticket.

Super_JMcGinn
25-06-2016, 11:50 PM
None of the above.

This is my view.

When looking back on it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and in all honesty it ruined a perfect day for the club, players and majority of fans who ended up booing the clowns on the park.

I have watched the game over and over and it is clearly visible it was on the cards after Sir David's winner. Had that been any other club we would be calling them thugs simple as, all this exuberance nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

Nothing, but nothing can tarnish the memory of that glorious day in my eyes.

3pm
25-06-2016, 11:53 PM

No, but the halfwits who ran on the pitch could buy a season ticket...that'd cover it.

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2016, 12:03 AM
When looking back on it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and in all honesty it ruined a perfect day for the club, players and majority of fans who ended up booing the clowns on the park.

I have watched the game over and over and it is clearly visible it was on the cards after Sir David's winner. Had that been any other club we would be calling them thugs simple as, all this exuberance nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

Nothing, but nothing can tarnish the memory of that glorious day in my eyes.

The only nonsense here is yours ..... you are tarring every Hibs fan who was on the pitch with the same brush. At a conservative estimate there must have been at least 3,000 on the pitch of which 99% caused no trouble whatsoever. The two kids with us ( both in their early teens ) were on the pitch and neither one of them has been in any bother in their lives. Sevco apologist bull**** mate :aok:

#FromTheCapital
26-06-2016, 12:22 AM
Enhanced the experience. The only thing that diminished it was the rangers fans who joined us... Oh and Lee Wallace (grass)

Super_JMcGinn
26-06-2016, 12:33 AM
The only nonsense here is yours ..... you are tarring every Hibs fan who was on the pitch with the same brush. At a conservative estimate there must have been at least 3,000 on the pitch of which 99% caused no trouble whatsoever. The two kids with us ( both in their early teens ) were on the pitch and neither one of them has been in any bother in their lives. Sevco apologist bull**** mate :aok:
No one had any reason to be on the park, end of, including myself.

I ended up on the pitch after they opened the gates, it felt surreal. After wandering about for 5 minutes or so I thought what am I doing and returned to my seat, much to the annoyance of my kids who wanted to stay. Had I been on my own I wouldn't have been on the pitch, why would I? I celebrated the win like the vast majority did with no thought whatsoever of invading the pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2016, 01:13 AM
No one had any reason to be on the park, end of, including myself.

I ended up on the pitch after they opened the gates, it felt surreal. After wandering about for 5 minutes or so I thought what am I doing and returned to my seat, much to the annoyance of my kids who wanted to stay. Had I been on my own I wouldn't have been on the pitch, why would I? I celebrated the win like the vast majority did with no thought whatsoever of invading the pitch.

Your post I quoted wasn't as measured as this one though was it. In the strict letter of the law there is never a reason for a fan to be on any pitch at any time, that is not and never has been the issue here. The question is what was the Hibs fans motivation for being on the pitch, was it an outpouring of joy and celebration, or was it to deliberately target Sevco players and goad their supporters? For the 'overwhelming' majority of Hibs fans who went onto the pitch the former is clearly the answer.

That being the case the use of the word 'exuberance' is entirely justified .... if you do not hold to that view then you must see a different reason for the pitch invasion, in which case what? You yourself say you were on the pitch along with your kids .... the fact that 5 minutes later you were covering yourself in sack cloth and ashes in bitter contrition is neither here nor there .... what is relevant is, what were you feeling when you ran on? Rage? a burning need to punch Lee Wallace? ...... or just happiness and excitement.

I'll lay a million quid to a cauld Easter Road pie that the latter is the answer and that mate is what we call exuberance .. its not hooliganism or badness and that is what happened on the 21st of May ..... exuberance is the perfect description of it, a description that is anything but nonsense.

harpo
26-06-2016, 01:39 AM
To me it was the perfect day. Every Hibby I know thought it was a perfect day. Only on Hibs net I find some not happy. Deary me!

connerg
26-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Everybody seems to agree that the fan's who invaded the pitch but never crossed the halfway line were celebrating. So, the fan's who did run towards the huns and give it GIRFUY are not celebrating but behaving like neds? What about players who score a goal and run straight to the opposing fans and give it GIRFUY, are they neds? Have they spoilt their team's day?

FWIW the pitch invasion added to the wonderful day that saw Hibs win the Scottish Cup. Don't let the poisoned media take that away from us.

lord bunberry
26-06-2016, 03:31 AM
How hefty is the fine we are getting?
Not that hefty in my opinion. I think we'll agree to pay for the damage to the pitch and the goal posts as a gesture of good will. The rest is down to the match security, which we had no control over.

Brizo
26-06-2016, 05:41 AM
TRFC, most of the media and Jambos with diet hun leanings all want it to have diminished the experience and that's been their agenda since the event. It didn't diminish it in the slightest for me.

Speaking to pals and workmates who support clubs other than the full fat and diets most,rightly or wrongly, were quite impressed with the pitch invasion. Most have found TRFCs actions including their attempt to take the moral high ground laughable / incredible.

I think most of us would agree that you cannot brand the bulk of the pitch invaders with the same tag that you can those who crossed the half way line and challenged huns to a pagger. That latter group have and will continue to be punished by the club and by the courts.

I wasn't on the pitch , age, being with family , two dodgy knees and being near the back of the stand meant it seemed all too much effort for me. If id been near the front id have quite possibly been on in celebratory fashion. I wouldn't however have stayed on for the length of time some did and going boxing with huns wouldn't have entered my mind.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2016, 07:26 AM
I just don't see the point in pitch invasions.

Everyone runs to get on in a state of high emotion, then has to queue to get over a fence or through a gate or whatever (surely at some point you question what the point is?), then run onto the pitch for a minute or 2 then what? Stands about wondering how to get back to your seat? Hug the people next to you and sing songs, which you could have done in the stand?

It didn't ruin the day for me at all but I've never seen the point in a pitch invasion and still don't.

Keith_M
26-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Not that hefty in my opinion. I think we'll agree to pay for the damage to the pitch and the goal posts as a gesture of good will. The rest is down to the match security, which we had no control over.

What about the electronic advertising hoardings, where the damage is estimated in 10s of thousands?

Deliberate or not, some of our exuberant fans did real damage.

Since90+2
26-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Thought it was class.

green day
26-06-2016, 07:49 AM
What about the electronic advertising hoardings, where the damage is estimated in 10s of thousands?

Deliberate or not, some of our exuberant fans did real damage.

The company that owns them (run by a Jambo by the way) is apparently looking for damages from SFA.

I doubt that there is as much damage as has been stated, and - as with all of this - what did Hibs do to cause or aid any damage?

In my view, nothing.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2016, 07:51 AM
The company that owns them (run by a Jambo by the way) is apparently looking for damages from SFA.

I doubt that there is as much damage as has been stated, and - as with all of this - what did Hibs do to cause or aid any damage?

In my view, nothing.

Does the company not have insurance?

green day
26-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Does the company not have insurance?

Exactly what I thought.

Would any decent company supply stuff worth a fortune to the SFA and not have damage clauses in the contract?

However, it has been reported that they are chasing for some compensation.

Keith_M
26-06-2016, 07:54 AM

In my view, nothing.

I was responding to the poster who said Hibs should pay for damage to the pitch.

If Hibs decide to take responsibility for damage caused by the Fans, then there's much more than just the pitch to consider.

Surely it's all or nothing?

green day
26-06-2016, 07:58 AM
I was responding to the poster who said Hibs should pay for damage to the pitch.

If Hibs decide to take responsibility for damage caused by the Fans, then there's much more than just the pitch to consider.

Surely it's all or nothing?

Ok, understand.

Can't see us accepting all of it though, thats an open goal for the SFA.

Imagine Hibs will accept a slap on the wrist and/or a good behaviour bond.

Anything more should be fought.

Keith_M
26-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Ok, understand.

Can't see us accepting all of it though, thats an open goal for the SFA.

Imagine Hibs will accept a slap on the wrist and/or a good behaviour bond.

Anything more should be fought.

That's my feeling as well. As soon as Hibs accept responsibility for anything, it'll be a green light for the SFA to hammer the Club.

I just feel it's a dangerous precedent.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2016, 09:16 AM

Hilarious response.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2016, 09:17 AM
I just don't see the point in pitch invasions.

Everyone runs to get on in a state of high emotion, then has to queue to get over a fence or through a gate or whatever (surely at some point you question what the point is?), then run onto the pitch for a minute or 2 then what? Stands about wondering how to get back to your seat? Hug the people next to you and sing songs, which you could have done in the stand?

It didn't ruin the day for me at all but I've never seen the point in a pitch invasion and still don't.

Agree, it is an offence to be on the field of play if you are a supporter, which realistically could lead to banning order.

HH81
26-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Hilarious response.

I liked it too. Haha.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2016, 10:03 AM
I liked it too. Haha.

Good for you.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Does ANYONE know how hefty our fine is?

Itsnoteasy
26-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Thought it was class.

But not HIBS CLASS

Eyrie
26-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Does ANYONE know how hefty our fine is?

The same rejection of strict liability that lets both Sevco and Celtc off the hook for their fans' "traditional songs" will be to our advantage here, as will the lack of fines levied on other clubs for pitch invasions at their grounds where the host club is responsible.

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2016, 11:45 AM
The same rejection of strict liability that lets both Sevco and Celtc off the hook for their fans' "traditional songs" will be to our advantage here, as will the lack of fines levied on other clubs for pitch invasions at their grounds where the host club is responsible.

Any thought of Hibs as a business being held responsible for damage to the pitch. the goals, advertising hoardings or anything else is nonsense in my opinion .... at least I would suggest in strict legal terms. In what other area of the entertainment industry would responsibility be accepted? If followers of a band at Glastonbury or T in the park were to wreck the stage would the band have to pay for the damage? ... I doubt it.

Hibs were responsible for neither security or policing on the day, we have no connection with the venue whatsoever in a business sense .... if there is any danger of the advertising company taking court action against Hibs for compensation then the club would be mental to accept responsibility for damage to the goals or pitch, even as an act of good faith, as that would weaken our position in any court case.

In fact ..... If this was the USA Hibs would probably have started legal action against the SFA and Hampden park for failing to ensure the safety of our own staff from spectators and for 'hurt feelings' in that we were denied the pleasure of parading the cup and the clubs reputation was 'tarnished' due to the failure of the SFA, Hampden park and the security company to keep spectators off the pitch.

If there was an SFA rule of strict liability that would all change ... but as you say Eyrie, Scottish football's historic desperate rush to suck up to the old firm has done us a huge favour ...... that'll learn them as they say :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2016, 01:11 PM
How was it for you?

I would say I was far from neutral. Not sure if how things unfolded overall it "enhanced" but if certainly didn't detract at all. But I find this media assumption that the fans day was tarnished ruined or what ever highly presumptuous and insulting - all to set their agenda. I've yet to see a quote from a fan to back up such a position.

erin go bragh
26-06-2016, 02:06 PM

Surely every fan that went on the pitch ,should pay any fine between them .
Or maybe the police and stewards should pay it , for failing to keep fans off the pitch .

basehibby
26-06-2016, 03:29 PM
To me it made no difference as nothing could have added to or taken away from the joy of seeing that winning goal in injury time and hearing the final whistle a couple of minutes later.

I suppose I might have put that it added a wee bit to the wondrous nature of the occasion if it wasn't for a few welts who felt it necessary to assault/harass Rangers players. These fannys will hopefully get what's coming to them and with my full blessing.

FranckSuzy
26-06-2016, 06:18 PM
To me it made no difference as nothing could have added to or taken away from the joy of seeing that winning goal in injury time and hearing the final whistle a couple of minutes later.

I suppose I might have put that it added a wee bit to the wondrous nature of the occasion if it wasn't for a few welts who felt it necessary to assault/harass Rangers players. These fannys will hopefully get what's coming to them and with my full blessing.

:agree: :top marks

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2016, 05:36 AM
I wouldn't have missed the Rangers whingeing and the tears of the pundits. Jackson, Waddell and Young were hilarious with their outrage and poky pies and then timid silence.

Overall, it massively enhanced my cup experience.

mmmmhibby
27-06-2016, 08:27 AM
I capped off the day, it was amazing. Tears of joy, singing loudly, happy faces is what I witnessesed. Magic.

Kato
27-06-2016, 08:52 AM
How was it for you?

A bit pitchy in places but we made it our own.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2016, 09:36 PM
A bit pitchy in places but we made it our own.
Once that crossbar was out the way the access seemed to be much improved though[emoji6]

superfurryhibby
27-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Wasn't impressed at the time and nothing changed since. I was as emotional as anyone could be but didn't feel moved to go on the pitch. It's done and that's that, but it was shan, end of!

Ergye
28-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Wasn't impressed at the time and nothing changed since. I was as emotional as anyone could be but didn't feel moved to go on the pitch. It's done and that's that, but it was shan, end of!

From the TV pictures it looked like East Stand scallywags having a lot of fun and a huge emotional release, whilst their West Stand contemporaries sat in their seats, silently pleased, but furiously, mentally writing, scathing forum rebukes. I saw one woman walk on to the park with a scornful look about her countenance, for about 5 minutes, then she returned to her seat and start bashing away triumphantly at a craftily concealed Ipad. West Stand Lower I'll guess.

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Though there is some obvious disagreement amongst the Hibs support ( at least on here ) about the impact of the pitch invasion at least there isn't the utter amount of drivel that's being spouted over the road.

Coz there's nae fitba on telly today in a moment of boredom I had a wee look on sickbag at their 72 .... yes, seventy two :faf: ... page thread on it. Apparently we sang sectarian songs and chants and made 'sectarian gestures' whatever they are, oh and ripped up seats as well. We also apparently have a 'culture' of pitch invasions ...... Some of them genuinely think we could / should be thrown out of Europe and / or the Scottish cup :faf:

Comedy gold :lolyam:

Steve20
28-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Anyone that thinks it took anything away from the joy of winning the Scottish Cup is going out their way to look for something to complain about.

It was the greatest day.

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Though there is some obvious disagreement amongst the Hibs support ( at least on here ) about the impact of the pitch invasion at least there isn't the utter amount of drivel that's being spouted over the road.

Coz there's nae fitba on telly today in a moment of boredom I had a wee look on sickbag at their 72 .... yes, seventy two :faf: ... page thread on it. Apparently we sang sectarian songs and chants and made 'sectarian gestures' whatever they are, oh and ripped up seats as well. We also apparently have a 'culture' of pitch invasions ...... Some of them genuinely think we could / should be thrown out of Europe and / or the Scottish cup :faf:

Let them crack up over it. They are still in a state of delirium after our victory. It's their comfort blanket.

My thoughts on it. I have no issue with the pitch invasion - it happens at football matches all over the world without anyone blinking an eye. But the idiots that went towards the Rangers fans and ended up fighting all deserve arrested/banned etc. I was in the south stand, and was in so much of a mess that i was pretty much rooted to my seat for a few minutes, then went a few rows up to see my dad before returning to my seat. The pitch invasion or anything else did not detract from my enjoyment of the day, in fact you could feel the emotion being released as the fans ran on. Its dissapointing that the trouble stole a lot of the headlines, but if you were involved in the parade or in any pubs in Leith that weekend, you would know that everyone enjoyed the win to the max.

SeanWilson
28-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Had they been able to get everything under control more quickly, it would'nt have been a problem in the slightest. 114 years of having it rammed down your throat plus a last minute winner against arguably the most dispicable club in world football will do that to the nicest of gentleman.

The plonkers who got involved in violence deserve everything they get, the folk wandering about greeting and hugging each other just needed to be ushured back to their seat a little more hastily.

Kato
28-06-2016, 03:38 PM

The bit in bold obviously springs from their tiny, but narrowly aimed (always at us), imaginations.

I wonder if any of them can remember the time around 500 Hearts fans ran on the park at Easter Road during a game in which they were getting beat and attacked the Hibs players. No fresh air swipes or "gesticulating", actually attacked players physically.

Jack Hackett
28-06-2016, 03:58 PM
The bit in bold obviously springs from their tiny, but narrowly aimed (always at us), imaginations.

I wonder if any of them can remember the time around 500 Hearts fans ran on the park at Easter Road during a game in which they were getting beat and attacked the Hibs players. No fresh air swipes or "gesticulating", actually attacked players physically.

The hertz supporters have a history of selective recall when it involves their own phannies or club.

Edit....especially the 4 or 5k who suddenly remembered they were jumbos when 'mr' Romanov started splashing other people's cash on them

SJM
28-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I didn't run on the pitch but I understand why people may have lost their **** and done so. It didnt change on one bit of the day though.

KWJ
28-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Sure it's been mentioned elsewhere but the 3 options and it's line left little wriggle room.

Pitch invasions aren't a good idea, get the club in trouble and prevented the players from being able to parade the cup on the pitch.

That said, if it was just for the pitch invasion I'd have been somewhere between neutral and enhanced because of what it all meant.

However I went with option 1 because, even though it was only a few (if that) that taunted/attempted to assault Rangers players it was shameful that they were part of that Hibs support. As was the goading/fighting with Rangers fans and the like.

It's not the pitch invasion itself that tarnished the club, as most of those images are celebratory like that of Sunday. But it's not those that will be remembered by most, it was the goading that led to fighting.

I reckon the club has handled it well by being quick on banning those identified and hopefully we only see the immensely positive side of the clubs support the next time we add to our honours list.

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2016, 04:34 PM
From the TV pictures it looked like East Stand scallywags having a lot of fun and a huge emotional release, whilst their West Stand contemporaries sat in their seats, silently pleased, but furiously, mentally writing, scathing forum rebukes. I saw one woman walk on to the park with a scornful look about her countenance, for about 5 minutes, then she returned to her seat and start bashing away triumphantly at a craftily concealed Ipad. West Stand Lower I'll guess.

Ah, a good old East stand vs West stand post......What a lot of guff

marinello59
28-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Ah, a good old East stand vs West stand post......What a lot of guff

My money would be on the West Stand if it came to a battle on the pitch. Maybe an idea for half time at one of the less attractive fixtures?

pacoluna
28-06-2016, 06:30 PM
BORING! I suppose these kind of threads do give a platform for the condescending moaners to continue their repetitive whinging on a topic that's been exhausted.

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-06-2016, 06:41 PM
My money would be on the West Stand if it came to a battle on the pitch. Maybe an idea for half time at one of the less attractive fixtures?The dust hasn't even settled on the last pitch invasion and you're wanting another pitch battle?

Jack Hackett
28-06-2016, 06:42 PM
BORING! I suppose these kind of threads do give a platform for the condescending moaners to continue their repetitive whinging on a topic that's been exhausted.

These kind of threads will continue until the commission's findings are made public...and then there will be threads discussing this....so a good couple of months at the very least.

Enjoy....or not, as takes your fancy

ancient hibee
28-06-2016, 06:43 PM
The dust hasn't even settled on the last pitch invasion and you're wanting another pitch battle?

It wouldn't be a battle it would be a rout -the East are all talk.

pacoluna
28-06-2016, 06:51 PM
These kind of threads will continue until the commission's findings are made public...and then there will be threads discussing this....so a good couple of months at the very least.

Enjoy....or not, as takes your fancy

It's the same people posting the same condescending comments, if they've not expressed their opinion once they've expressed it a hundred times

CropleyWasGod
28-06-2016, 07:20 PM
It wouldn't be a battle it would be a rout -the East are all talk.
The East have the drum.

What do the West have? Prawn bloody sandwiches and sweetie wrappers never won a ruck yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
28-06-2016, 07:39 PM
It's the same people posting the same condescending comments, if they've not expressed their opinion once they've expressed it a hundred times

You don't spend time down at your local then? Same s**t, different day. Welcome to the world.

Eyrie
28-06-2016, 07:42 PM
The East have the drum.

What do the West have? Prawn bloody sandwiches and sweetie wrappers never won a ruck yet.

The West Stand will sit back with their prawn sandwiches and watch their butlers make short work of the East Stand whilst tut-tutting about the noise level.

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2016, 09:33 PM
The West Stand will sit back with their prawn sandwiches and watch their butlers make short work of the East Stand whilst tut-tutting about the noise level.

:rolleyes:

Jay
28-06-2016, 09:43 PM

I have a butler??? Woo hoo! The new season just got exciting!

KWJ
28-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Went to a junior ice hockey game here in Calgary and was able to get centre ice seats right by the penalty box.

We had bloody table service (without the table) as folk ran about getting beers and burgers for us. Couldn't hack it though and queued by myself (less tip ;))

Stax
28-06-2016, 09:54 PM
The East have the drum.

Hate to break it to you crops but the West have the toora loo C'mon mon ma bonny boys gadge these days. The times they are a changing..

Loopz
28-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Hate to break it to you crops but the West have the toora loo C'mon mon ma bonny boys gadge these days. The times they are a changing..
I think we are doing The Baby Crew in the Famouse Five a huge disservice here.

Dashing Bob S
28-06-2016, 10:49 PM
I think we are doing The Baby Crew in the Famouse Five a huge disservice here.

Hear hear!

superfurryhibby
28-06-2016, 10:58 PM

Oh the irony, clearly lost on some folk though lol.

mjhibby
28-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Nothing will ever tarnish that day for me. At the time I was gutted that I never went on but not too bothered about those who did. How can anything EVER tarnish the moment and feelings I had when Gray scored. Nothing can ruin that.

Indeed. The only thing that tarnished it was the scandalous tripe that came from castle greyskull and repeated in the wedgie press. Nothing will ever change the feeling and as has been said the vast majority outside Scotland saw it as the joyous celebration it was.

Ergye
28-06-2016, 11:51 PM
My money would be on the West Stand if it came to a battle on the pitch. Maybe an idea for half time at one of the less attractive fixtures?

You may be right.

I think by the time the East Standers run the length of the gap between stand and pitch, to enter the field for the swedge, they may either be too out of breath, or too old and decrepit for fisticuffs. I would suggest a sustained aerial assault as a winning tactic for them - scarves with solid crusted pies from the kiosks placed in the lining, and launch them at the West. Lord knows they have plenty experience of throwing scarves on to the pitch from the Butcher\Calderwood eras, so they may just compete with old those old fancy pants in the West.

Bostonhibby
29-06-2016, 07:35 AM
You may be right.

I think by the time the East Standers run the length of the gap between stand and pitch, to enter the field for the swedge, they may either be too out of breath, or too old and decrepit for fisticuffs. I would suggest a sustained aerial assault as a winning tactic for them - scarves with solid crusted pies from the kiosks placed in the lining, and launch them at the West. Lord knows they have plenty experience of throwing scarves on to the pitch from the Butcher\Calderwood eras, so they may just compete with old those old fancy pants in the West.
This would be the winning tactics for me, then mop up the few remaining stragglers by skiffing rock hard pizza slices at them like ninja discs.

Boil the few that remain in boiling hot brown bovril substitute to complete the rout.

southsider
29-06-2016, 02:13 PM
In a couple of years all the stuff about pitch invasion will be a distant memory but David Gray's winner will live forever. Best day of my life. GGTTH.

Canon Hannan
10-07-2016, 07:14 AM
can understand the outpouring of emotion at the occassion. However, having said that, I did feel let down by not being able to see the players do the traditional "lap of Honour" after cup presentation.
Don't for one minute believe all the crap issued by the sore losers re the violence, if anything it was their orks that caused any nastiness on the pitch. Why did ANY of their supporters come onto the pitch if it wasn't for trouble / THEY LOST FFS -- just do the honourable thing and leave and let the winners celebrate in peace.
Only a minor grump however, but would have liked to see the players with cup on field watching us singing and celebrating.

The Sunday open top bus was amazing. That made up for the lap of honour. The pitch invasion was part of the day and will never be forgotten across the World - in a positive way. 👍🏽:flag:

Dunedin Hibs
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
In a couple of years all the stuff about pitch invasion will be a distant memory but David Gray's winner will live forever. Best day of my life. GGTTH.

Indeed Sir. Goal of the Millennium! Watch it again here and celebrate with a wee song I wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWJbfjJuIuI

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 09:32 AM
I thought it looked good but it would've been good if there had been no paggering and everyone had got back off the pitch sooner.

We might've even had a lap of honour and the traditional cup winning team photo that folk were looking for on the merchandising thread.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 09:44 AM
I thought it looked good but it would've been good if there had been no paggering and everyone had got back off the pitch sooner.

We might've even had a lap of honour and the traditional cup winning team photo that folk were looking for on the merchandising thread.

I agree with what you say. However there wouldn't have been any fighting if the police had done their job and stopped the fans from both teams getting on the pitch. And there certainly wouldn't have been any if the Sevco thugs hadn't chosen to run on the pitch with the explicit intention of assaulting the celebrating Hibs fans.

Most celebratory pitch invasions don't see a violent response from the opposition fans.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I agree with what you say. However there wouldn't have been any fighting if the police had done their job and stopped the fans from both teams getting on the pitch. And there certainly wouldn't have been any if the Sevco thugs hadn't chosen to run on the pitch with the explicit intention of assaulting the celebrating Hibs fans.

Most celebratory pitch invasions don't see a violent response from the opposition fans.

I agree that there wouldn't have been fighting if the Rangers fans hadn't been on the pitch.

To blame the police isn't right though - if no one had went on the pitch there wouldn't have been fighting.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 10:01 AM
I agree that there wouldn't have been fighting if the Rangers fans hadn't been on the pitch.

To blame the police isn't right though - if no one had went on the pitch there wouldn't have been fighting.

The police were meant to be there to stop fans getting on the pitch but they weren't in position to do that. That means that they have some responsibility.

At the end of the day our fans who chose to go on the pitch shouldn't have been there but, other than a handful of idiots out of thousands, they were only there to celebrate exuberantly.

Liberal Hibby
10-07-2016, 10:04 AM

In the ground.