PDA

View Full Version : Five Weeks on and I'm Away Again...

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed :agree: :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Frank took it up to Hospice on Thursday.......Brilliant story.....

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Frank took it up to Hospice on Thursday.......Brilliant story.....

Wonderful :not worth

green day
25-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Nice one.

My dad is in that situation - To be honest, we didnt think he would be around for the cup final, so it was extra special on the day at Hampden.

He wasnt going to renew his ST, for fairly obvious reasons.

However, we got our photos with the cup last night which was brilliant........................then he decided to renew his ST which he did at the office this morning.

Lump in throat stuff :hibees

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Nice one.

My dad is in that situation - To be honest, we didnt think he would be around for the cup final, so it was extra special on the day at Hampden.

However, we got our photos with the cup last night which was brilliant........................then he decided to renew his ST which he did at the office this morning.

Wow, emotional stuff......:flag:

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Nice one.

For anyone who doesn't understand the love we have for our football team, and what it means to people, this says it all. Lovely story and best wishes to your dad :not worth

brog
25-06-2016, 10:04 AM
I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed :agree: :boo hoo:

Just popped up on my FB page Suzy. It's a long time London Hibs member who's in the hospice & some LH members taking the cup in. Very sad indeed & for me personally but once again a great tribute to our Hibs family.

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Just popped up on my FB page Suzy. It's a long time London Hibs member who's in the hospice & some LH members taking the cup in. Very sad indeed & for me personally but once again a great tribute to our Hibs family.

I'm sorry to hear that, B but hopefully it brought him some comfort. Wonderful gesture :agree:

IWasThere2016
25-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Got a link Suz? x

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Nice one.

What a moving story mate. Good on your Dad,just shows what it means to him. Total respect to a fellow Hibby.

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Got a link Suz? x

Have sent you a PM G as I don't feel comfortable sharing the man's pics as I don't know him :aok:

BSEJVT
25-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Nice one.

Like the OP, that is a beautiful but clearly really sad story.

God bless you all and God bless the Hibs.

The emotional pull of the club and what it means to us all never ceases to surprise me.

FranckSuzy
25-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Like the OP, that is a beautiful but clearly really sad story.

God bless you all and God bless the Hibs.

The emotional pull of the club and what it means to us all never ceases to surprise me.

:agree::boo hoo:again.

BSEJVT
25-06-2016, 12:46 PM
:agree::boo hoo:again.

Likewise

IWasThere2016
25-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Have sent you a PM G as I don't feel comfortable sharing the man's pics as I don't know him :aok:

:thumbsup: Saw it. Fab!

scoopyboy
25-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Nice one.

Don't know whether to laugh or greet after reading that tbh.

Brilliant that your Dad has seen it and been so mentally strong to have his picture taken with the cup last night and then renew today, however sad that he is struggling health wise.

I would like to think I could be like your Dad if faced with the same scenario.

Roxyhibee
25-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Nice one.

I don't get tears easy but this is a very emotional post.

What a man / dad / true Hibby, he sounds.. My dad was in this situation 26 years ago and still insisted on getting to the games in a rickety old NHS wheelchair in the last few weeks of his illness..

Please pass on thoughts to him and your family.

Roxyhibee
25-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Never saw this, but thanks for sharing a sad but truly powerful story. Even in the darkest of times, our great club with all its memories shared with family and friends throughout the years can let in so much love and light.

poolman
25-06-2016, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=FranckSuzy;4742305]I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed :agree: :boo hoo:[/QUOT

Are there any links FZ to the pictures

Sounds like a really emotional story