PDA

View Full Version : Andy Robertson to Liverpool

johnbc70
24-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Bad news for Hibs potentially as Dundee Utd have a rumoured 10% sell on clause. So if sold for £12M then Utd get windfall of over £1M.

Diclonius
24-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Thompson will bank it. He's their Petrie (minus a Dempster to regulate him).

MWHIBBIES
24-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Thompson will bank it. He's their Petrie (minus a Dempster to regulate him).Eh, did I miss Petrie banking transfer fees?

Waxy
24-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Bad news for Hibs potentially as Dundee Utd have a rumoured 10% sell on clause. So if sold for £12 then Utd get windfall of over £1M.

10% of £12 is around £1.20 odd. I wouldnt worry about that.

LustForLeith
24-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Well done to Robertson if this goes through. Come along way since I saw him play for Queens Park.

SJM
24-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Thompson will bank it. He's their Petrie (minus a Dempster to regulate him).

Thompson is their owner, Petrie isn't ours. Petrie has also never banked transfer fees as that would simply be fraud.

HibsNutter
24-06-2016, 01:39 PM
What a move for the boy! Between him and Tierney, we have two potentially brilliant left backs for the national side, and a grass who could step in if both are injured. Shame neither of them are right footed.

truehibernian
24-06-2016, 02:06 PM
What a move for the boy! Between him and Tierney, we have two potentially brilliant left backs for the national side, and a grass who could step in if both are injured. Shame neither of them are right footed.

I can see Tierney cementing left back with Robertson being used in a Bale-esque outside left position just in front of Tierney - potentially a very potent area of the pitch. Just need to ditch Alan Hutton and find a really decent right back who can defend ! And never allow Charlie Adam near a Scotland jersey.

SteveHFC
24-06-2016, 02:08 PM
I can see Tierney cementing left back with Robertson being used in a Bale-esque outside left position just in front of Tierney - potentially a very potent area of the pitch. Just need to ditch Alan Hutton and find a really decent right back who can defend ! And never allow Charlie Adam near a Scotland jersey.

Paterson could be that man. Thought he was decent against Italy. :duck:

Diclonius
24-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Thompson is their owner, Petrie isn't ours. Petrie has also never banked transfer fees as that would simply be fraud.

I'm referring to him sitting on transfer income instead of immediately investing it back into the playing squad, not using it for personal gain.

mjhibby
24-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Bad news for Hibs potentially as Dundee Utd have a rumoured 10% sell on clause. So if sold for £12 then Utd get windfall of over £1M.

Is it not 10% of the difference between the hull and pool fees. Apologies if I picked it up wrong

Jdawg
24-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Is it not 10% of the difference between the hull and pool fees. Apologies if I picked it up wrong

No, when hull sell utd get a % of the fee Liverpool pay hull. If Liverpool sell and hull have a sell on fee, hull would then get a %.

Geo_1875
24-06-2016, 02:49 PM

Just what Scotland need. A right-footed left-back.

easty
24-06-2016, 02:52 PM

It depends on the deal they agreed I suppose. If playing football manager for hours on end has told me one thing, it's that you should arrange a sell on % when selling a player, rather than a % of profit of next sale.

The_Exile
24-06-2016, 02:52 PM

I thought it was 10% of the profit too, which would still make it a relatively healthy £915k rather than £1.2mil.

1875Hibees
24-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Just what Scotland need. A right-footed left-back.
He was clearly meaning for one of them to move to right back.

Iggy Pope
24-06-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm referring to him sitting on transfer income instead of immediately investing it back into the playing squad, not using it for personal gain.

When did this happen, this 'sitting on' piles of transfer income?

Time For Heroes
24-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Paterson could be that man. Thought he was decent against Italy. :duck:

actually rate him too, good solid rightback

Pretty Boy
24-06-2016, 04:18 PM
When did this happen, this 'sitting on' piles of transfer income?

When the free money wizard was busy casting spells to build a stand and a training centre of course.

PISTOL1875
24-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Bad news for Hibs potentially as Dundee Utd have a rumoured 10% sell on clause. So if sold for £12M then Utd get windfall of over £1M.

Can I ask why it will be bad news for HIbs exactly ???

Pete
24-06-2016, 05:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Never heard of him.

It will potentially be bad news for me if I go outside and get struck by lightning but I'm not going to worry about it.

Time For Heroes
24-06-2016, 05:36 PM

Pretty sure the op is suggesting the Utd can strengthen more than they and us had previously thought, tougher to get out the division.

Jdawg
24-06-2016, 05:41 PM
If they have only sold a couple of thousand season tickets then any money made from the transfer will be offset against the amount they stand to lose. We had 2 cup runs to the final, that should be around the same profit plus 10k ST's sold. Wouldn't worry.

johnbc70
24-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Pretty sure the op is suggesting the Utd can strengthen more than they and us had previously thought, tougher to get out the division.

Exactly, our biggest rivals for the league have potentially been given a £1M boost. Imagine if they used that to get a couple of players in that were out of reach financially a few weeks ago.

Billy Whizz
24-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Exactly, our biggest rivals for the league have potentially been given a £1M boost. Imagine if they used that to get a couple of players in that were out of reach financially a few weeks ago.

Think they have an £800,000 finding gap though. All this will do is give them a small bit of leeway, without being able to splash the cash

Marco G
24-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Doubt they will get anything like that amount if it does go through. Even if they do that will just help to plug lack of parachute payment since they finished last and they have already shipped out half a team or more!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk