PDA

View Full Version : Scott McDonald

hfcnic
24-06-2016, 11:15 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-consider-move-for-striker-scott-mcdonald-1-4162778

OsloHibs
24-06-2016, 11:21 AM
I'll probably be in the minority, but it's a shake of the head no from me.

Waxy
24-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Suppose if you can score 14 goals in the top league, common sense says he'll get more in the championship. Between SMc JC and Jk that is a fair amount of goals.

TheGreenMan
24-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Good player. Would be a good signing

Craig_in_Prague
24-06-2016, 11:23 AM
I'll probably be in the minority and not comment on player speculation at all, nor even if someone's signed - and trust in a manager that has delivered at the top of the Scottish game and some.

lucky
24-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Bell, Heskey now McDonald hardly inspiring players to be linked with

Cocaine&Caviar
24-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Who else do we have that has scored against Milan in the CL?

HappyHanlon
24-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Would rather have Ronald McDonald.

Pretty Boy
24-06-2016, 11:39 AM
He's a good player, only 32 and was still scoring goals last season.

bigwheel
24-06-2016, 11:41 AM

Does he compliment what we've got ? Could do with his experience. - might help develop what he have - not sure he is too much different though ...

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Not fussed about Heskey, but McDonald is a very good finisher. I think he'd take more of the chances our other forwards missed last season.

You need to remember that promotion THIS season is paramount, we need to take and create more chances, McDonald in my opinion would help.

If this is just a one year deal, fine we must go up.

SJM
24-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Stop clowning about. :agree:

The Captain....
24-06-2016, 11:59 AM
I think Mcdonald would be a decent signing - he works hard, links play well and knows where the goal is.

Would still like to see us add a more physical striker who is decent in the air if budget allows (and Id imagine it would).

Andy74
24-06-2016, 12:05 PM
He is surely better than Dagnall and so would improve that position from last year.

That would still leave getting in a different option in the Farid mould.

Steve20
24-06-2016, 12:06 PM
I think Mcdonald would be a decent signing - he works hard, links play well and knows where the goal is.

Would still like to see us add a more physical striker who is decent in the air if budget allows (and Id imagine it would).

Yep, surely we'll be adding more than one forward anyway, so we could bring in McDonald and a more physical striker.

iwasthere1972
24-06-2016, 12:10 PM

With feet that big he would score for fun.

gegs70
24-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Any news on Cummings?

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Does he compliment what we've got ? Could do with his experience. - might help develop what he have - not sure he is too much different though ...

I think you answered your own question. Good finisher and may just get us the goals that take us up. I'd happily take him for at least a season.

McSwanky
24-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Who else do we have that has scored against Milan in the CL?

Maybe we should sign Basile Boli as well based on your logic? :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
24-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Would he get a club car or a tiny wee bike?

Diclonius
24-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Fine.

BH Hibs
24-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Spoke to a Motherwell supporter at work there and he's gutted McDonald is leaving. Seemed to indicate it was about money and they couldn't match what he wanted. The boy still rates him though.

HibsNutter
24-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Tbh, I've been really impressed with the signings we have made over the past four windows, which have been progressive and forward thinking. I'm willing to allow the background staff and Lennon leeway to sign players he is confident will get us out of this league.

Jim44
24-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Is Lennon back from France yet or does he have a rolling contract to stay in France as long as NI are in the competition?

Col2
24-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Would be very pleased with him joining us. Natural goal scorer and almost a pest to defences. Great experience and would help Keats and Jason.

biotech
24-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Too similar to Keats, would better spending budget on a different type of striker - physicality required.

Enough said
24-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Bell, Heskey now McDonald hardly inspiring players to be linked with

We are in the championship of Scotland what are you expecting????

Thecat23
24-06-2016, 03:37 PM
We are in the championship of Scotland what are you expecting????

Players like Stokes, Henderson, McGeough were head turners. This other lot aren't exactly that are they?

I'm not worried though as I think we'll see Henderson back.

Pretty Boy
24-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Players like Stokes, Henderson, McGeough were head turners. This other lot aren't exactly that are they?

I'm not worried though as I think we'll see Henderson back.

Was McGeough a head turner when we first brought him in? All I remember was a lot of mumping and moaning because we had been promised Leigh Griffiths and ended up with a 'Celtic reserve'.

As always there seems to be a mass panic developing based on what has essentially been dismissed as a lie about Heskey and Bell, having a look at a goalkeeper in training and attempting to sign a player with a fine, recent goalscoring record in the league above us.

Finn2015
24-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Would be really happy to see him arrive and he would bolster the squad and our forward options

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2016, 04:45 PM
We don't need head turners we need players who can perform in and get us out of the championship. That may well include experienced journeyman of Scottish football signed for one season only.

Heisenberg
24-06-2016, 04:59 PM
We don't need head turners we need players who can perform in and get us out of the championship. That may well include experienced journeyman of Scottish football signed for one season only.

Was about to say the exact same. We need players to win us this league. That's all that matters now.

Aldo
24-06-2016, 05:01 PM

Indeed Scouse!

Don't care how, why or how we need outbid this league!

Nutmegged
24-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I really like Scott McDonald, he'd do a great job for us in my opinion, I think he's done well for the last 18 months at Motherwell and played a big role in Erwin and Louis Moult's success up top at Fir Park.

He might not be the box office signing some of us want Hibernian to make but I don't know what some people expect, we're still a second tier club and it'll still be difficult to attract players to the club of the standard many hope.

This is a player who has scored 108 goals in 225 games in Scotland's top flight and scored 128 goals in total in his time in Scotland, including against Man Utd & AC Milan, both of whom were reigning European Champions at the time if I recall.

He's just came off the back of a very good season with Motherwell, a team tipped to battle relegation where he scored 14 goals as a mainly link up striker behind a young striker who scored 18 goals, he could do wonders for Jason Cummings, he'd be a brilliant signing for us.

ChrissyG1875
24-06-2016, 05:20 PM
100% agree. Stokes was a real head turner, and while he turned out to be a magnificent signing and a hibs legend due to having an incredible game in the final, he was quite poor most of the time in the league and I think we were generally a much better team before he arrived. As others have said, if McDonald's an underwhelming signing I don't know what people are expecting.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
24-06-2016, 05:34 PM
I would definitely take McDonald.

cmcd
24-06-2016, 05:37 PM
100% agree. Stokes was a real head turner, and while he turned out to be a magnificent signing and a hibs legend due to having an incredible game in the final, he was quite poor most of the time in the league and I think we were generally a much better team before he arrived. As others have said, if McDonald's an underwhelming signing I don't know what people are expecting.

Quite poor Do you actually know anything about the game . I despair

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I would definitely take McDonald.

Would be delighted if he signed but that sounds a bit naughty :greengrin

Waxy
24-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Disagree. Stokes could have scored a handful more but was always class for us and rarely had a poor game imo.

ChrissyG1875
24-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Poor's maybe a bit far and he certainly got better towards the end of the season but he was hardly great (again apart from the final) and didn't "score goals for fun in this league" like many predicted (myself included) when we heard he was signing. I still think we were consistently a better team pre January

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Then I'd ask if you "know anything about the game"?

Pretty much summed it up for me. Legend for winning us the cup but didn't make us a better team after he signed. (We came 3rd in the Championship)

SM would be a very decent signing IMO

Aldo
24-06-2016, 05:50 PM
100% agree. Stokes was a real head turner, and while he turned out to be a magnificent signing and a hibs legend due to having an incredible game in the final, he was quite poor most of the time in the league and I think we were generally a much better team before he arrived. As others have said, if McDonald's an underwhelming signing I don't know what people are expecting. Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Really! You never watched him much then did you! Took a few games or 5 to get into his stride but his work rate and overall play was very good!

Shame you think that he wasn't good

ChrissyG1875
24-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Really! You never watched him much then did you! Took a few games or 5 to get into his stride but his work rate and overall play was very good!

I think it was very clear how talented he was but for whatever reason he wasn't that effective. Could be more to do with his partnership with Cummings, I felt most of his best games was when he played with Keatings or it could be to do with how much I rated Malonga but for some reason he often frustrated me

Aldo
24-06-2016, 06:18 PM
I think it was very clear how talented he was but for whatever reason he wasn't that effective. Could be more to do with his partnership with Cummings, I felt most of his best games was when he played with Keatings or it could be to do with how much I rated Malonga but for some reason he often frustrated me Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Though the was very effective in fact in games too smart for Cummings and the likes.

Opinions mind.

Wouldn't change how his last game ended mind!!

portycabbage
24-06-2016, 06:22 PM

I agree his work rate was always very good, to the extent he wasn't even playing up front half the time! I don't think he really played that well in a lot of games, quite a lot of flicks that didn't come off (could argue we probably needed more of a number 9 to complement the squad in January). He was utterly magnificent in the final though, and could have scored six or seven, so I'm quite happy for him to be considered a legend, even if prior to that game I would have swapped him for Malonga.

ChrissyG1875
24-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Though the was very effective in fact in games too smart for Cummings and the likes.

Opinions mind.

Wouldn't change how his last game ended mind!!
Absolutely. Don't want to sound like I'm moaning, he will forever be a legend to me and tbh this is the first time I've given the league last year a thought since the final I've been that buzzing.

ChrissyG1875
24-06-2016, 06:34 PM
I've also not stopped singing stokesys on fire since, much to the annoyance of others. Even in England with a bunch of people singing will grigg giving me funny looks

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Would have McDonald if offered but the risk would be playing him in the same team as JC. Both Stokes and JC were fantastic at times last season but it is stretching it a bit to suggest that they were a partnership. Think we need a forward with a bit of timber.

northstandhibby
24-06-2016, 06:55 PM

Thought he was a few years older than that tbf and still then has a couple of good years in him so would definitely like him on board for next season. A proven poacher with good link up play. Sign him up Hibernian.

Glory Glory

Jake
24-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Would be a good signing and someone to give advice to Cummings.

jgl07
24-06-2016, 06:58 PM

What a silly burger!

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Would have McDonald if offered but the risk would be playing him in the same team as JC. Both Stokes and JC were fantastic at times last season but it is stretching it a bit to suggest that they were a partnership. Think we need a forward with a bit of timber.

Or maybe JC needs to learn how to play with a talented striker?

Stokes turned up for the final, JC didn't. Just an observation but the fitter and better Stokes got, the worse JC got....

Maybe timber isn't the answer? :confused:

Aldo
24-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Absolutely. Don't want to sound like I'm moaning, he will forever be a legend to me and tbh this is the first time I've given the league last year a thought since the final I've been that buzzing. Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Totally understandable but still think he was a very good addition!

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Thought he was a few years older than that tbf and still then has a couple of good years in him so would definitely like him on board for next season. A proven poacher with good link up play. Sign him up Hibernian.

Glory Glory

Have to say I thought he was older too until this morning. Would be good for our younger players, seems like a decent bloke and could get us the goals we need.

Or maybe a smoke screen for a biggy? (And I don't mean Heskey)

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Or maybe JC needs to learn how to play with a talented striker?

Stokes turned up for the final, JC didn't. Just an observation but the fitter and better Stokes got, the worse JC got....

Maybe timber isn't the answer? :confused:

That's a fair point. You could see sometimes last season that JC was a wee bit short ohn the positional play and wasn't where Stokes thought he should be. Learning curve though.

Skyegreen
24-06-2016, 07:29 PM
He'll score goals 👍

LM1875
24-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Would take him, we need strikers that will finish chances more often than not this season and judging by how he did last year in a higher division he'll do well for us👍🏻

ekhibee
24-06-2016, 08:01 PM
he's alright, not the player he was at Celtic but still gets a goal here and there. If we sign him fine, if not I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep.

Ianhibee
24-06-2016, 08:26 PM
I worry a wee bit with Lennon and wanting to sign guys that are past it - hesky and gudjohnsen at bolton and now scott mcdonald - maybe i will be proved wrong but not sure its what we need - probably need to look at how rangers and hearts beat the diddy teams in the championship and it wasn't by using "old hands"

Aldo
24-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I worry a wee bit with Lennon and wanting to sign guys that are past it - hesky and gudjohnsen at bolton and now scott mcdonald - maybe i will be proved wrong but not sure its what we need - probably need to look at what how rangers and hearts beat the diddy teams in the championship and it wasn't by using "old hands"

When did NL say he wanted to sign any of the above, especially Gudjohnsen!

McDonald would be an excellent signing IMHO!

Kenny Miller not an old hand??

Sometimes it's good to have a few players that have been about a bit. Gives us something different!!

Billy Whizz
24-06-2016, 08:39 PM
I worry a wee bit with Lennon and wanting to sign guys that are past it - hesky and gudjohnsen at bolton and now scott mcdonald - maybe i will be proved wrong but not sure its what we need - probably need to look at how rangers and hearts beat the diddy teams in the championship and it wasn't by using "old hands"

He didn't do too bad in the premiership last season, he's also got a Wee bit of nastiness about him, that we lack in the final 3rd

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 08:40 PM
That's a fair point. You could see sometimes last season that JC was a wee bit short ohn the positional play and wasn't where Stokes thought he should be. Learning curve though.

Totally.

A sesason (or two) playing and training alongside an accomplished striker like SM would turn JC into the player he thinks he is.

It would be a win, win, win scenario

Club, player, player

CallumHibs07
24-06-2016, 08:42 PM
When did NL say he wanted to sign any of the above, especially Gudjohnsen!

McDonald would be an excellent signing IMHO!

Kenny Miller not an old hand??

Sometimes it's good to have a few players that have been about a bit. Gives us something different!!

He signed Heskey and Gudjohnsen at Bolton.

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 08:42 PM

We're still in the championship. Maybe we need a different type of player to get us out?

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 08:43 PM

But he's not at Bolton? :confused:

Aldo
24-06-2016, 08:44 PM

That's was a 18 or so months ago!

Not Hibs

eastmainsmsh
24-06-2016, 08:44 PM
I thought Lennon would go for McDonald be a great signing

edwards
24-06-2016, 08:49 PM
He is surely better than Dagnall and so would improve that position from last year.

That would still leave getting in a different option in the Farid mould.

Couldn't agree more Dagnall was a complete and utter waste of space think McDonald would be good for Hibs sign him

CallumHibs07
24-06-2016, 08:53 PM
But he's not at Bolton? :confused:

That's was a 18 or so months ago!

Not Hibs

I didn't say he's signing them for Hibs (though he did try to bring Heskey here). The point was he may be prone to signing older guys who could be past it.

FWIW I think McDonald would be a good signing

Andy74
24-06-2016, 08:56 PM

The Gudjohnsen who has been playing in the Euros?

LaMotta
24-06-2016, 08:59 PM

His analaysis of Stokes time at Hibs seems spot on. What do you know about the game?

SquashedFrogg
24-06-2016, 09:02 PM
I didn't say he's signing them for Hibs (though he did try to bring Heskey here). The point was he may be prone to signing older guys who could be past it.

Re-read earlier you post. :agree: Apologies.

Marco G
24-06-2016, 09:16 PM

Agree about McDonald. But disagree that there is any evidence Lennon is prone to signing players who are past it. Older does not equal past it! Given our new recruitment team's success rate and Lennons knowledge about quality of player I am happy to go with their judgement. BTW I suspect that Heskey, if he had signed, would prove to be far from past it in our league, but we will never know.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Ianhibee
24-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Fair point about Miller at the rangers - have to trust that Lennon knows what he's doing...and btw would love to see Gudjohnsen but guessing thats unlikely....

Edson Arantes
24-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Fair point about Miller at the rangers - have to trust that Lennon knows what he's doing...and btw would love to see Gudjohnsen but guessing thats unlikely....

Gudjohnsen?

cmcd
24-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Then I'd ask if you "know anything about the game"?

Pretty much summed it up for me. Legend for winning us the cup but didn't make us a better team after he signed. (We came 3rd in the Championship)

SM would be a very decent signing IMO

Yes I do and that is why I awed the question Stokes had not played for some time when he came to Hibs . He did not score as many as we would have liked but his link up play was second to none . He was and is a class act

monktonharp
24-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Mc Donald would score a fair amount of goals, given the service. he annoys defenders and is very fast and can come up with some tricky stuff at times. he has a knack of being in the right place, when the ball is in the 18 yard box. I'd be happy if we got him. 32 now, but still a bit of mileage left, especially in our league.

NikGunnarsson
25-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Seen him at least 5 times last season as I occasionally go to some Motherwell games with my mate, he would definitely do well for us and offers a couple of things we dont have. Think him Keatings would actually be better than him and Cummings. Also he would bring some experience up front. Still hoping we get a target man type striker in aswell

sambajustice
25-06-2016, 01:12 AM
He's a torn faced wee *****.

Would definitely take him though.

Stevie Reid
25-06-2016, 03:35 AM
He has scored 128 goals in Scotland, his ratios are superb, and is only 32. Yes for me.

hibee-boys
25-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Another player, a bit like Lennon in his playing days, who most supporters loved to hate, mostly because he was a competitive, in your face, annoying little b******.......but very good footballer who you'd rather have in your side every day of the week!:)

147lothian
25-06-2016, 10:14 AM
McDonald would be just what we need to get out of this league, holds the ball up so can bring others into play and also scores a fair number of goals, teams will defend in numbers so just the type of player we need IMO

Stevie Reid
25-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Don't recall him being that much of a hateful character, I have to say.

portycabbage
25-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Yes I do and that is why I awed the question Stokes had not played for some time when he came to Hibs . He did not score as many as we would have liked but his link up play was second to none . He was and is a class act

He was a class act in the final, but he would have to find a team mate more often with his flicks for his link up play to be considered "second to none". Don't think it's one of his strong points, malonga miles better at it. Would still have had Stokes back this season, deserves legend status for the final, but apart from that he underachieved IMO.

Finn2015
25-06-2016, 05:06 PM
He was a class act in the final, but he would have to find a team mate more often with his flicks for his link up play to be considered "second to none". Don't think it's one of his strong points, malonga miles better at it. Would still have had Stokes back this season, deserves legend status for the final, but apart from that he underachieved IMO.

I agree with that assessment about stokes but I'll have nothing but find memories of him and what he did in the final. Legend status achieved and I know that's an often overused word but he is to me

Stubbsyy
25-06-2016, 05:18 PM
SMcD would be a great signing imo.

hibs#1
25-06-2016, 05:49 PM
If we sign Mcdonald I think he'd be a good signing

Alongside a big guy think we'd be pretty good upfront

Stories linking us too Heskey makes me think that lennon is looking for an experienced striker and a big man

bingo70
25-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Probably not the exciting signing it would have been a few years back but I think he'd still be effective.

I'd be concerned if Dundee Utd or Falkirk signed him which IMO tells a story.

Stubbsyy
25-06-2016, 07:22 PM
If we sign Mcdonald I think he'd be a good signing

Alongside a big guy think we'd be pretty good upfront

Stories linking us too Heskey makes me think that lennon is looking for an experienced striker and a big man

Worked great with JVOH at Celtic... Think you're right :aok:

Phil MaGlass
25-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Ah really dont want to be a killjoy but I am really underwhelmed at what were looking at. Heskey and a 32 yr old? I am no manager, but,really? I want Lennon to be a success as I think he really is the guy to see us going forward in the nex couple of years, but Heskey, come on.. both short term and wont settle for a while, we would also be looking for yet another complete new team if we get promoted,if Cummings stays he would definitely b gone next year and both Hezkey and McDonald would be too old.

hibs#1
25-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Worked great with JVOH at Celtic... Think you're right :aok:

Yeah don't think their is anything with the big guy little guy combo upfront think that is good option in this league

And of course it doesn't mean long ball merchants their Is a difference to a long aimless ball up the park and a long pass

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Ah really dont want to be a killjoy but I am really underwhelmed at what were looking at. Heskey and a 32 yr old? I am no manager, but,really? I want Lennon to be a success as I think he really is the guy to see us going forward in the nex couple of years, but Heskey, come on.. both short term and wont settle for a while, we would also be looking for yet another complete new team if we get promoted,if Cummings stays he would definitely b gone next year and both Hezkey and McDonald would be too old.

When did 33 become too old? Could probably list 100 players over 33 who would walk into our team. Next season is about promotion and only promotion. We can sign 11 guys on 1 year deals for all I care.

Big L
25-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Probably not the exciting signing it would have been a few years back but I think he'd still be effective.

I'd be concerned if Dundee Utd or Falkirk signed him which IMO tells a story.

This!!

Baader
25-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Rate him. Could certainly do a job for us in this league.

Phil MaGlass
25-06-2016, 08:33 PM
When did 33 become too old? Could probably list 100 players over 33 who would walk into our team. Next season is about promotion and only promotion. We can sign 11 guys on 1 year deals for all I care.
Im talking longer term. Are we just foing to zign journeymen, then at the end of the day dont get promoted,then they f,off again. Not my outlook for building a team. Excuse the spelling.bit bevvied

Finn2015
25-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Im talking longer term. Are we just foing to zign journeymen, then at the end of the day dont get promoted,then they f,off again. Not my outlook for building a team. Excuse the spelling.bit bevvied

Agree building a side is key but in this instance, supplementing it with a bit of experience such as McDonald would be beneficial. You can't win anything with just kids as Alan Hansen once said......😳

Marco G
25-06-2016, 09:52 PM
All that matters is promotion this season. And why the heck would Scott McDonald not settle for a while. He has been playing in the league above us and scoring goals there! The only person who says we tried to sign Heskey is Heskey. Anyway you dont know who else we are trying to sign. Please chill out a bit!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

sambajustice
25-06-2016, 10:29 PM
I don't think we need a striker who will score 20. A striker who scores 10-15 who sets up a good few along with another midfielder who gets near double figures and sets up a few should be enough. I've no doubt Cummings (if he stays) will get double figures, Keatings will...

4 or 5 players who all get double figures goals should be enough to win this league. It's also what we need, we need goals from other places on the park.

Even though Mcdonald played in a better celtic team I don't think he's a patch on Hooper but is the same sort of player. Watched Hooper a good few times this season for Wednesday and he's brilliant.

It's not all about the goals!!!

Ronniekirk
25-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Sounds like he is going to be Lemons first new signing next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S4uzee
25-06-2016, 11:03 PM

Source 😃?

Vault Boy
25-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Hope you're right!

Betty Boop
26-06-2016, 06:58 AM

Lemon ? lol

Finn2015
26-06-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't think we need a striker who will score 20. A striker who scores 10-15 who sets up a good few along with another midfielder who gets near double figures and sets up a few should be enough. I've no doubt Cummings (if he stays) will get double figures, Keatings will...

4 or 5 players who all get double figures goals should be enough to win this league. It's also what we need, we need goals from other places on the park.

Even though Mcdonald played in a better celtic team I don't think he's a patch on Hooper but is the same sort of player. Watched Hooper a good few times this season for Wednesday and he's brilliant.

It's not all about the goals!!!

Agree with all that except the comparison between him and Hooper. Think McDonald was a better all round player but hey opinions are like ********s, everyone has one and I'm the biggest ******** of the lot 😃

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-06-2016, 09:23 AM

If it takes a while we will have to citrus one out.

Forza Fred
26-06-2016, 09:34 AM
If it takes a while we will have to citrus one out.

Hope his signing does not leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth.

WoreTheGreen
26-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Hope his signing does not leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth.

Stop taking the pith

seanshow
26-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Stop taking the pith

....he's also considering the great grandson of Thomas Sorby on trial

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Hope we dont get pipped.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2016, 10:15 AM
For me SM would be a brilliant signing , Knows where the back of the net and scores goals where ever he has been, Never realized he was only 32 though, Just hope its not a replacement for JC but could easily see him bagging a few goals for us in the first division.

Speedy
26-06-2016, 11:15 AM
I agree his work rate was always very good, to the extent he wasn't even playing up front half the time! I don't think he really played that well in a lot of games, quite a lot of flicks that didn't come off (could argue we probably needed more of a number 9 to complement the squad in January). He was utterly magnificent in the final though, and could have scored six or seven, so I'm quite happy for him to be considered a legend, even if prior to that game I would have swapped him for Malonga.

I think we struggled up front because we missed the drive of McGeouch. When he was injured I felt the strikers became isolated and found that McGinn and Henderson weren't getting the ball in the positions that really suited them.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2016, 11:24 AM
For me SM would be a brilliant signing , Knows where the back of the net and scores goals where ever he has been, Never realized he was only 32 though, Just hope its not a replacement for JC but could easily see him bagging a few goals for us in the first division.

28 caps, 0 goals

Tobias Funke
26-06-2016, 11:30 AM
28 caps, 0 goals

As far as I'm aware Hibs don't play international football matches. I'd rather concentrate on his club scoring record, which isn't all that bad.

Waxy
26-06-2016, 11:37 AM
He'll sign in a jiffy

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2016, 11:40 AM
As far as I'm aware Hibs don't play international football matches. I'd rather concentrate on his club scoring record, which isn't all that bad.

Agreed, and i think he would be a good signing.

However i was responding to the statement 'Knows where the back of the net and scores goals where ever he has been'; which is quite incorrect.

WoreTheGreen
26-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Lets hope were not pipped at the post and he signs for the tangerenes

HibsNutter
26-06-2016, 11:55 AM
28 caps, 0 goals

Griffiths hasn't scored in nine games for Scotland, after how many more wouldn't you touch him?

Finn2015
26-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Don't care what his international record is tbh. All I know is that in Scottish football he has a great record so that will do for me

Tobias Funke
26-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Agreed, and i think he would be a good signing.

However i was responding to the statement 'Knows where the back of the net and scores goals where ever he has been'; which is quite incorrect.

I'm going to ramp the pedantry up a notch or two here and suggest the "wherever he has been" comment actually refers only to his club career and not his international one.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2016, 01:20 PM
28 caps, 0 goals

That right ?

I honestly thought he scored for Australia a few times.

My_Wife_Camille
26-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Don't care what his international record is tbh. All I know is that in Scottish football he has a great record so that will do for me

Exactly. How many international goals do Derek Riordan, Leigh Griffiths, Anthony Stokes and Jason Cummings have between them?

Likewise, if International goals were anything to go by then Jonatan Johanssen, Shefki Kuqi and Eduardo Hurtado would have been up there with our most prolific strikers

Ergye
26-06-2016, 01:48 PM
I'd take Skippy in a flash. Great player.

He'll score INXS of 20 goals down under in the Championship.
I hope the board don't act like wallabies and beat about the bush in getting him signed because United vegemite nip in before us. That would be bogan.

:cb

LustForLeith
26-06-2016, 01:51 PM
I'd take Skippy in a flash. Great player.

He'll score INXS of 20 goals down under in the Championship.
I hope the board don't act like wallabies and beat about the bush in getting him signed because United vegemite nip in before us. That would be bogan.

:cb

Mystify...you mystify me with that reply

CraigHibee
26-06-2016, 01:56 PM

i think if we signed him it would bring a new sensation :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
26-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Seen Jason Cummings earlier in asda garage in Tranent asked are u staying he said hopefully hope he does

Finn2015
26-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Seen Jason Cummings earlier in asda garage in Tranent asked are u staying he said hopefully hope he does

Good I'll take that as a positive!!!

mjhibby
26-06-2016, 07:05 PM

I'm sure Scott will get a kick out of playing for us. Hopefully he has a devil inside him and not commit the original sin of going for the money. I'm sure he will be an heaven sent signing and won't disappear. You couldn't tell I'm a huge fan of inxs now could you. Lol.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm sure Scott will get a kick out of playing for us. Hopefully he has a devil inside him and not commit the original sin of going for the money. I'm sure he will be an heaven sent signing and won't disappear. You couldn't tell I'm a huge fan of inxs now could you. Lol.

I've not enough time to check.

mjhibby
26-06-2016, 08:26 PM
He certainly won't be a new sensation but could be the one thing we need.

Big L
27-06-2016, 11:04 AM

We can surely better the money he got at Motherwell!