PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LOYALTY POINTS REVIEW

RSS Bot
23-06-2016, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6588)

easty
23-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Away season tickets...interesting I suppose.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 10:35 AM
That looks like a sensible solution that should keep everyone happy. I hope. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Fair play to the club to admitting they got things wrong with the loyalty scheme. I still think with some work it would have been a good scheme.
The away season ticket is interesting. I only get to around half of the away games so not ideal for me, but great for the guys that go every single week. Rewards them by guaranteeing them tickets so well done :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2016, 10:36 AM
That looks like a sensible solution that should keep everyone happy. I hope. :greengrin

You don't really believe that do you? :greengrin

ronaldo7
23-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Decent system which should appeal to most away supporters, and brings all season ticket holders back to a level playing field.

Since90+2
23-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Good decision by the club.

tartanhibee
23-06-2016, 10:39 AM
how many folk do we reakon will take this up?

hibbysam
23-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Sorry for being ignorant, How does this scheme work in other clubs where it is in place now? Do you buy a season ticket then have to buy tickets on top of this? As we won't know how much each ground will be charging before the season starts?

J-C
23-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm not an away day supporter but this is a good solution for the guys that go regularly, the loyalty points became overly complicated and was causing confusion, more emphasis on season ticket holders getting priority for cup semi/finals.

Geo_1875
23-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Sorry if I'm being dim but how does this work?

"...make available to those who may want it an ‘Away Season Ticket’ which would guarantee a ticket to those who travel week in, week out, and who want to commit to every away league game.

We will limit the number of these available based on the historic number of fans who travel to every away match whilst maintaining the availability of away tickets for those home season ticket holders who may also want to travel."

ronaldo7
23-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Guys who signed up for HSL to get the extra points will be happy. 😈😆

Gatecrasher
23-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Sorry if I'm being dim but how does this work?

"...make available to those who may want it an ‘Away Season Ticket’ which would guarantee a ticket to those who travel week in, week out, and who want to commit to every away league game.

We will limit the number of these available based on the historic number of fans who travel to every away match whilst maintaining the availability of away tickets for those home season ticket holders who may also want to travel."

They sell a limited number of away season tickets which will be automatically assigned a ticket for an away game and anything that's left over will be made available to regular season ticket holders.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Sorry for being ignorant, How does this scheme work in other clubs where it is in place now? Do you buy a season ticket then have to buy tickets on top of this? As we won't know how much each ground will be charging before the season starts?

You are automatically debited the cost of each ticket as it becomes available.

Geo_1875
23-06-2016, 10:53 AM
They sell a limited number of away season tickets which will be automatically assigned a ticket for an away game and anything that's left over will be made available to regular season ticket holders.

Do you have to hold a home ST to get an away ST?

Do you have to prove you were a regular away fan in previous seasons to be considered for an away ST?

Will I be able to sit with my mates at away games?

lord bunberry
23-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Seems like a good idea to me. People who go to all or most away games get first priority and after that we revert back to the old system.

Gatecrasher
23-06-2016, 10:55 AM

Do you have to prove you were a regular away fan in previous seasons to be considered for an away ST?

I guess the little details like the above are still being discussed. No doubt Hibs will announce the details once finalised.

Hibs90
23-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Just a kick in the teeth to walk up fans really. If someone is unable to get a season ticket due to working most Saturday's but they find themselves with a Saturday off when Hibs are away, basically they can't go because of this where as the past two seasons have been able to go with no issues (well in my experience anyway)

They won't always keep everyone happy but it's just completely put me off away games now.

I realise the detail is still to be ironed out by what about those fans who travel together, some who are St holders and some who are not, will they not be able to sit together etc.

Billy Whizz
Look forward to seeing the detail before I sign up

marinello59

It doesn't look like you need to hold a home season ticket.
The club will know what your purchase history is.
Ask your mates about the last part, they might not want to sit with you.:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
23-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Can't click on the link on computer at work, does it say anything about how they are going to price this? Cheers

marinello59
Just a kick in the teeth to walk up fans really. If someone is unable to get a season ticket due to working most Saturday's but they find themselves with a Saturday off when Hibs are away, basically they can't go because of this where as the past two seasons have been able to go with no issues (well in my experience anyway.

They won't always keep everyone happy but it's just completely put me off away games now.

There will be no change, you will still be able to buy tickets for away games. :confused:

SunshineOnLeith
Just a kick in the teeth to walk up fans really. If someone is unable to get a season ticket due to working most Saturday's but they find themselves with a Saturday off when Hibs are away, basically they can't go because of this where as the past two seasons have been able to go with no issues (well in my experience anyway)

Apart from Dumbarton or Falkirk, you'll be able to walk up to any league away game next season.

Centre Hawf
23-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Sounds like an extra layer of confusion to add. But lets see how it goes before picking it a part. Gutted they're doing away with cup top ups, the risk reward was always a nice wee talking point during cup draws.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 10:59 AM
The Club knows who go to EVERY away game, due to it being on the database. I suspect these people will be offered the first chance to buy an Away ST. A well thought out compromise, that sorts out the regular travellers, and bring ST Value back into line. Wouldn't fancy a scramble for tickets however, but for me, more than happy......

LancashireHibby
23-06-2016, 11:00 AM
The loyalty points system was, and still is, a cracking idea but was managed terribly by Hibs. Hope the membership scheme is reintroduced for non-ST holders.

The away season ticket is a good idea and will work well for those who commit to it, well done Hibs on that front.

marinello59
Can't click on the link on computer at work, does it say anything about how they are going to price this? Cheers

Ypu pay for each ticket at the going rate as it becomes available. You have to commit for the season though.
That's how I read it.

Hibs90
There will be no change, you will still be able to buy tickets for away games. :confused:

I hope so. I also hope they make it current ST holders only as that would be the only fair way about it IMO

green&left
23-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Can't see many committing to it TBH, the way I've read it if you sign up, you can't opt out, so if a games moved to a Friday, Sunday or Monday or if you book a holiday you're still liable for the ticket cost, or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

Couldn't tell you the last Hibs away game I decided to just not bother going, generally miss a couple due to weekends away or holidays etc but if its a case of the above its not for me...

the_ginger_hibee
23-06-2016, 11:02 AM
I think the club are being harsh on themselves. Without re-opening the debate, minus the HSL debacle, I don't think the club did too much wrong and are likely bowing to people who went into the TO and shouted their piece at the staff - usually due to lack of understanding or insufficient points.

However the Away ST is a great idea, if done well, and something I've been hoping would happen for a while. I wonder how they'll decide who is eligible for an away ST however given that at max we could offer only 600-700 hundred due to away attendances in this division? And how they'll work it year on year so it rewards those who re-sign for one but doesn't create a 'closed shop'.

Hopefully the next press release answers those and other questions because I think it could be a great scheme.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 11:02 AM
The Club knows who go to EVERY away game, due to it being on the database. I suspect these people will be offered the first chance to buy an Away ST. A well thought out compromise, that sorts out the regular travellers, and bring ST Value back into line. Wouldn't fancy a scramble for tickets however, but for me, more than happy......

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I think the club are being harsh on themselves. Without re-opening the debate, minus the HSL debacle, I don't think the club did too much wrong and are likely bowing to people who went into the TO and shouted their piece at the staff - usually due to lack of understanding or insufficient points.

However the Away ST is a great idea, if done well, and something I've been hoping would happen for a while. I wonder how they'll decide who is eligible for an away ST however given that at max we could offer only 600-700 hundred due to away attendances in this division? And how they'll work it year on year so it rewards those who re-sign for one but doesn't create a 'closed shop'.

Hopefully the next press release answers those and other questions because I think it could be a great scheme.

Already have a record of who attended all or most games. These will be the people offered first. Closed shop, FFS the loyalty points has been scrapped due to number of complaints from non attenders, now this creates a closed shop.....It doesn't, it looks after the most committed supporter's

LancashireHibby
23-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Based on my experience with other clubs (and some of our away followings over the years), there wouldn't be any more than 200 sign up for it at the very, very most.

JeMeSouviens
23-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Eh, no.

We had finally got something where there was a second tier (after ST holders of course) so that irregular attenders could get big game tickets before folk that don't go at all. And now we don't.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Wonder how much it will cost and if it will save me money - Isn't that the point of a season ticket? to save money :greengrin

marinello59
23-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Already have a record of who attended all or most games. These will be the people offered first. Closed shop, FFS the loyalty points has been scrapped due to number of complaints from non attenders, now this creates a closed shop.....It doesn't, it looks after the most committed supporter's

Exactly.
I'm only guessing but I reckon the number of fans who actually commit to this will be so small that it will have no practical impact on the rest of us when it comes to getting tickets.

HNA2
23-06-2016, 11:15 AM
I think it's about the best solution to a problem we created ourselves. Guaranteed tickets for those who travel regularly and ST holders not in different purchase groups at ER.
I'm sure the questions of groups sitting together and opting out of an odd game will be in the finer detail being sorted.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Wonder how much it will cost and if it will save me money - Isn't that the point of a season ticket? to save money :greengrin

This one is nothing to do with saving money. Our club can't offer discounts for attendance at other clubs games. The answers are pretty much all in the statement if you read it all though.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Eh, no.

We had finally got something where there was a second tier (after ST holders of course) so that irregular attenders could get big game tickets before folk that don't go at all. And now we don't.

I did say hope. :greengrin

Green Man
The idea of an away season ticket is good, and I expect will be popular with folk who do go to all the away games. But they've completely done away with the aspect of rewarding walk up fans who go to lots of home games, which was one of the main reasons for introducing the loyalty scheme in the first place.

silverhibee

Depends on how much the price is, away game prices vary from club to club in this league.

Walk ups may get in cheaper to certain away games than someone who has bought an away ST.

Hibs90
23-06-2016, 11:18 AM
The idea of an away season ticket is good, and I expect will be popular with folk who do go to all the away games. But they've completely done away with the aspect of rewarding walk up fans who go to lots of home games, which was one of the main reasons for introducing the loyalty scheme in the first place.

Agree completely

Hibbyradge
23-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Gutted they're doing away with cup top ups, the risk reward was always a nice wee talking point during cup draws.

It reads to me like they're introducing a top up scheme.

pacoluna
I think it's about the best solution to a problem we created ourselves. Guaranteed tickets for those who travel regularly and ST holders not in different purchase groups at ER.
I'm sure the questions of groups sitting together and opting out of an odd game will be in the finer detail being sorted.

When did this problem originate, I have never ever struggled or had any queries regarding getting an away ticket. Mentioned it before but i was ignorant to the whole loyalty point system as it never effected me.

Baldy Foghorn

It will cost you the price of a ticket for every away fixture that is all ticket

marinello59
23-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Depends on how much the price is, away game prices vary from club to club in this league.

Walk ups may get in cheaper to certain away games than someone who has bought an away ST.

It will be the same price.

Hibbyradge
23-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Eh, no.

I agree, it's a shame that's gone. There should be some recognition for folk who contribute via HSL, Hibs TV etc imo.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:22 AM
It will cost you the price of a ticket for every away fixture that is all ticket
Isn't it better being called guaranteed away match day ticket scheme or something then? I always thought the point in a season ticket was to save money?

This was never an issue a couple of years back in the spl why is it now one in the chship?

JeMeSouviens
23-06-2016, 11:23 AM

The "away ST" is not really a ticket though, just confusingly named. It's a scheme you sign up to so you are automatically allocated and charged for a ticket to every away game Hibs get tickets for.

(I think).

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Isn't it better being called guaranteed away match day ticket scheme or something then? I always thought the point in a season ticket was to save money?

Doesn't matter what it's called. Loyalty points scheme was exactly as labelled, but created hassle. Name is irrelevant, principle is good.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:24 AM
The "away ST" is not really a ticket though, just confusingly named. It's a scheme you sign up to so you are automatically allocated and charged for a ticket to every away game Hibs get tickets for.

(I think).

Correct

southern hibby
23-06-2016, 11:26 AM

Agree 100%

GGTTH

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Correct

what if for some reason I can't make an away game due to unforeseen circumstances? wonder if money will still be deducted.

silverhibee
23-06-2016, 11:28 AM

But that's not really true, you could PATG for a lot of away games last season and before that, so the club really won't know who all goes to away games.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:35 AM
what if for some reason I can't make an away game due to unforeseen circumstances? wonder if money will still be deducted.

Yes it will, you are taking the option to pay for every ticket

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:36 AM
But that's not really true, you could PATG for a lot of away games last season and before that, so the club really won't know who all goes to away games.

Tough on those that chose not to buy in advance, but hey ho.....Club are not mind readers......

silverhibee
It will be the same price.

It never said that in the statement. :greengrin

Radium
Personally I thought the Loyalty Point was the right way to be going but realise that was a view not widely shared.

What I want to hear now is how are they going to sell tickets to fans without a repeat of the IT issues which dogged the sales last year [other than when they were limited by points]

Falkirk will be the first test ...

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Personally I thought the Loyalty Point was the right way to be going but realise that was a view not widely shared.

What I want to hear now is how are they going to sell tickets to fans without a repeat of the IT issues which dogged the sales last year [other than when they were limited by points]

Falkirk will be the first test ...

IT issues are resolved I believe. Tickets remaining after Away ST allocation, will be ST holders first come first served.

Maybe some who moaned will realise the system wasn't all that bad after all:aok:

HH81
23-06-2016, 11:40 AM
The loyalty points system was, and still is, a cracking idea but was managed terribly by Hibs. Hope the membership scheme is reintroduced for non-ST holders.

The away season ticket is a good idea and will work well for those who commit to it, well done Hibs on that front.

Yes that membership was great for me when I had it.

Bristolhibby
23-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Based on my experience with other clubs (and some of our away followings over the years), there wouldn't be any more than 200 sign up for it at the very, very most.

So it's 200 away STs, then a free for all.

Happy with that (as an out of Towner).

J

Carheenlea
23-06-2016, 11:42 AM
It's a decent idea, and numbers wise, we won't be talking four figures. This will appeal to those who intend to be at every away game, but I can't see huge numbers signing up. The downside is those who can't get to every away match, and what happens there I'm not quite sure yet.
I liked the old system the way it was before the HSL fiasco. This sorts out the "every game" supporter, and nobody can argue with that. The loyalty scheme should be there to gauge all levels of support from every game, most games, half the games, sporadic, Hampden etc, and I'm not sure this new one will quite do that.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Might consider taking this up.

It's probably not essential as can't imagine take up will be huge but I attend upwards of 75% of away games so probably worth it for the high demand games.

HH81
23-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Those that sign up and can't make it to a game will get it sold on here most games I would have thought? :confused:

andrew70
23-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Please forgive me if I have missed this in the statement or even on here but what happens with people who want to purchase as a group. I.e I usually travel with 4 or 5 others. Will they take a group booking for 5 away season tickets say?

the_ginger_hibee
23-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Hopefully it is those who attended most last year getting first dibs as opposed to a free-for-all.

Never said it is a closed shop now and I think the idea (and formally loyalty points) are great. I was curious as to how, this time next year, applications are opened up to others while rewarding those who take up the Away ST. Essentially how do you keep a balance between reward and allowing others to enter - so as to not create a closed shop? That seemed to be a big criticism of the loyalty scheme so was curious as to how those who thought it was a closed shop have countered that. Like you, I thought points rewarded those who attended most - as it appears the Away ST will do too.

Just glad we have something planned to reward those who attend most - was worried those who missed out on tickets last year had convinced the club to go back to a 'free-for-all' for ST holders.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2016, 11:48 AM

I realise the detail is still to be ironed out by what about those fans who travel together, some who are St holders and some who are not, will they not be able to sit together etc.

Yes they can still sit together just buy all the tickets at the same time, the away ST guarantees you a ticket not a seat.

Peevemor
23-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Will it not simply be that those who subscribe will get first dabs on away tickets, with those remaining unsold being put on public sale?

Should work well as long as it's not overpriced and that a sytem is in place for buying blocks of seats together.

Seems straightforward enough to me.

JennaFletcher
23-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Away Season ticket is a really good idea, but I'm not sure about the numbers that will commit. Still, no complaints.

Think the loyalty points system was a great idea and they just needed to manage it better. Shame they've scrapped it. I honestly think it's probably due to being inundated with angry supporters if they just missed out on loyalty point criteria for tickets. They're trying to eradicate this.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2016, 11:51 AM

There won't be a set price, you will be charged the cost of each ticket at each ground from your debit card when they go on sale. Away ST holders will pay the same as walk ups.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Will it not simply be that those who subscribe will get first dabs on away tickets, with those remaining unsold being put on public sale?

Should work well as long as it's not overpriced and that a sytem is in place for buying blocks of seats together.

Seems straightforward enough to me.

That is exactly what it is :agree:

3pm
23-06-2016, 11:53 AM
I think I went to a dozen away games last year, I only paid cash at Morton if I recall.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2016, 11:58 AM
There won't be a set price, you will be charged the cost of each ticket at each ground from your debit card when they go on sale. Away ST holders will pay the same as walk ups.

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand tbh. It was explained pretty clearly in that statement.

The take up won't be huge, our regular away support should prove that, so after the regular away travellers are taken care off there will be plenty scope for others to purchase an away ST if they desire and after they are sorted there will still be plenty for further ticket sales in all cases except for, possibly, Dumbarton and Falkirk (and Dundee Utd if they don't give us behind the goals).

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Seems a good idea for the most loyal of fans.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Of course it will if you signed up to it.

.Sean.
23-06-2016, 12:07 PM

It's probably not essential as can't imagine take up will be huge but I attend upwards of 75% of away games so probably worth it for the high demand games.
Same here, with working Callout weeks now I probably make only about 3 out of 4, but it's gonna save messing about for the high demand games and I can always pass the ticket on to mates or my old man for the games I can't go to. Good idea :agree:

CapitalGreen
23-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Hopefully it is those who attended most last year getting first dibs as opposed to a free-for-all.

Never said it is a closed shop now and I think the idea (and formally loyalty points) are great. I was curious as to how, this time next year, applications are opened up to others while rewarding those who take up the Away ST. Essentially how do you keep a balance between reward and allowing others to enter - so as to not create a closed shop? That seemed to be a big criticism of the loyalty scheme so was curious as to how those who thought it was a closed shop have countered that. Like you, I thought points rewarded those who attended most - as it appears the Away ST will do too.

Just glad we have something planned to reward those who attend most - was worried those who missed out on tickets last year had convinced the club to go back to a 'free-for-all' for ST holders.

The club has a record of ticket purchase history for everyone on the database. I imagine people who bought tickets for a certain amount of away games last season (maybe 75%+) will be invited to join the away season ticket scheme. Going forward, the club would invite others to join the scheme based on their away attendance.

the_ginger_hibee
23-06-2016, 12:18 PM
The club has a record of ticket purchase history for everyone on the database. I imagine people who bought tickets for a certain amount of away games last season (maybe 75%+) will be invited to join the away season ticket scheme. Going forward, the club would invite others to join the scheme based on their away attendance.

Sounds fair :aok:

They should consult loyalty points one last time to decide who gets offered the Away ST first...much easier/faster than trawling through purchase history I guess? Maybe excluding HSL points if needed.

Andy74
23-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Almost. They know who buy from Hibs only.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:22 PM

I probably go to the same amount of away games but I won't be taking this one up. I'm quite happy to take my chances, most games go to public sale anyway. And to be honest I won't be devastated at missing out on another trip to Dumbarton. :greengrin

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:23 PM

They will have an accurate enough picture of who goes to every game.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 12:23 PM
That is exactly what it is :agree:

How can it be overpriced if it's the price of the ticket each time that's being charged. That's what I mean by it being referred to as a season ticket as confusing.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:24 PM
How can it be overpriced if it's the price of the ticket each time that's being charged. That's what I mean by it being referred to as a season ticket as confusing.

It's only confusing if you haven't read the statement properly or have done and want to nitpick.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 12:30 PM

And?

Frazerbob
23-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Great news for the week in/week out guys, who need to be looked after and given priority.

Not such great news for those of us who can't go every week but still go most weeks or the out of towners who can't get to every game. Some of us had to commit considerably over the last 2.5 seasons to build up our loyalty points meaning we were in with a reasonable shout for the over subscribed games. Disapointing that these are now wiped out and there is now nothing in place to differentiate between regular, non ST holders and those who go to the odd home Derby or Hampden trip.

Peevemor
23-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Tickets for individual away games that you choose to attend will cost what they cost. I'd imagine that membership of the scheme will be subject to an annual fee - this is what could be overpriced (or not).

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Having never had an issue before purchasing away tickets and attending 90% + away games, I don't see how this benefits me, In the past if for some reason i haven't been able to make it, it had no repercussions now it seems there will be repercussions if I happen to miss a game by getting charged for a ticket :confused: So i'm not sure if its beneficial or not - at the same time though i want to make sure that I am able to get a ticket for any match, most if not all if I want.

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Tickets for individual away games that you choose to attend will cost what they cost. I'd imagine that membership of the scheme will be subject to an annual fee - this is what could be overpriced (or not).

There won't be a membership fee and shouldn't be IMO. The commitment is that you pay for every away game regardless if you can attend or not

CB_NO3
23-06-2016, 12:36 PM
This does not suit me. I probably go to 16 out of the 18 away games a season. I miss a couple through holidays. So if I am away for the weekend and miss a game I would still get charged for it? That means I would be paying a rival club money for nout. Or am I picking this up wrong?

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:37 PM
This does not suit me. I probably go to 16 out of the 18 away games a season. I miss a couple through holidays. So if I am away for the weekend and miss a game I would still get charged for it? That means I would be paying a rival club money for nout. Or am I picking this up wrong?

No you're reading it right. If you know you will miss games then not much point in signing up for this. Although I'm sure someone else would buy your ticket!!

pacoluna
There won't be a membership fee and shouldn't be IMO. The commitment is that you pay for every away game regardless if you can attend or not

That's what's bothering me.

BoomtownHibees
That's what's bothering me.

If it bothers you then don't do it. Simples

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Having never had an issue before purchasing away tickets and attending 90% + away games, I don't see how this benefits me, In the past if for some reason i haven't been able to make it, it had no repercussions now it seems there will be repercussions if I happen to miss a game by getting charged for a ticket :confused: So i'm not sure if its beneficial or not - at the same time though i want to make sure that I am able to get a ticket for any match, most if not all if I want.

Don't sign up for the scheme then. I'm not and I'm fairly confident of getting tickets for the games I do want to go to.

Andy.1875
23-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Is this not just a licence for the smaller clubs to print money?

If they know Hibs have a guaranteed away allocation, of say 200, what's to stop them pricing away tickets at £50?

200 fans would have this deducted, whether or not they liked it.

the_ginger_hibee
23-06-2016, 12:40 PM

If they know Hibs have a guaranteed away allocation, of say 200, what's to stop them pricing away tickets at £50?

Rangers have a similar scheme in place where away games are auto-charged - it hasn't resulted in any teams increasing prices.

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Pretty sure away tickets need to be the same price as home tickets

Peevemor
23-06-2016, 12:41 PM

If that's the case then it's a crap scheme IMO.

pacoluna
Don't sign up for the scheme then. I'm not and I'm fairly confident of getting tickets for the games I do want to go to.

We will become second in line now though? I'm sure most people who go to most if not all games will feel the same way as me. Which begs the question who will actually buy this.

cabbageandribs1875

absolutely :agree:

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:43 PM

In what way?

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:44 PM

Not for the small band of fans who really do go to every away game. It really won't affect the majority of us.

Keith_M
23-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Well done to the moaners on getting a reasonably good Loyalty system, with areas that needed just a minor tweak, with this pointless piece of nonsense.

BTW, I don't blame the Club at all for this, as they just couldn't win no matter what they did.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 12:46 PM
We will become second in line now though? I'm sure most people who go to most if not all games will feel the same way as me. Which begs the question who will actually buy this.

I'll buy it.....Sure many others will too......

marinello59
23-06-2016, 12:46 PM

There will be very few who take the away season ticket up. Not enough to make a significant difference anyway. Relax, most away games go to public sale anyway as you know.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Well done to the moaners on getting a reasonably good Loyalty system, with areas that needed just a minor tweak, with this pointless piece of nonsense.

BTW, I don't blame the Club at all for this, as they just couldn't win no matter what they did.

Disagree with part in bold, it's a good compromise

Peevemor
23-06-2016, 12:48 PM
In what way?

Because the number of games that are moved from Saturday at 3.00 means that only a very few fans will see this as worthwhile.

Not for the small band of fans who really do go to every away game. It really won't affect the majority of us.

A very small band IMO. The vast majority of fans will have no loyalty scheme whatsoever (cup semi/final tickets for example). Surely the old system, flawed as it was in certain instances, was better then nothing?

Ringothedog
23-06-2016, 12:49 PM

There is nothing to buy, all you are doing is signing up for a ticket for every away game. I am sure there will be at least a couple of hundred who will do this. I wont as I only go to about 75% of away games.

wookie70
23-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Looks to be like we have replaced a scheme that was understandable and worked for all situations if properly managed with a simplistic scheme fit for only one purpose. I'm delighted that the guys who go to every game getting a guarantee of a ticket but they will now have to pay whether they can attend or not. I suspect there are lots of fans who go to a good proportion of away games who are now in the pot with those that go to none. There are also now a good proportion of walk up home fans that get no loyalty back from the club for ticketing.

The previous system was pretty much spot on bar a few dodgey decisions over the bands of priority for Tickets and the HSL points. Those could be seen as teething problems but we have ripped it up and started again with a far less subtle system which ignores one of the major reasons for the loyalty system in the first place - walk up fans.

I presume the change was driven by Season Ticket holders that never went away complaining that they didn't get preference for games like the cup game and semi at Tynie. To me at least we have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Because the number of games that are moved from Saturday at 3.00 means that only a very few fans will see this as worthwhile.

A very small band IMO. The vast majority of fans will have no loyalty scheme whatsoever (cup semi/final tickets for example). Surely the old system, flawed as it was in certain instances, was better then nothing?

Blame those that constantly slated the scheme, slagging the "uber" fans, giving ticket office staff personal abuse over it, etc etc

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:51 PM

I agree the loyalty scheme was better however certain folk didn't and the club couldn't win. This is a decent compromise to reward the small group who are happy to commit to every away game

Keith_M
23-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Disagree with part in bold, it's a good compromise

Dunno Baldy, there are a lot of Fans that have a ST and go to most away games but not necessarily every away game.

If there's high demand for a particular match, I'd want to see these people guaranteed a ticket, to reward their loyalty over, say, somebody like me that can only attend the occasional game.

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Dunno Baldy, there are a lot of Fans that have a ST and go to most away games but not necessarily every away game.

If there's high demand for a particular match, I'd want to see these people guaranteed a ticket, to reward their loyalty, over, say, somebody like me, that can only attend the occasional game.

Which is what the loyalty scheme done but can't blame the club for changing things with the amount of greeting that went on about it

surreyhibbie
23-06-2016, 12:53 PM
So, loyalty points scheme scrapped and ST holders (home and away) are given first choice for Cup final tickets etc and the rest of us have to get in the queue?

Reasonable I suppose but not good for guys who contribute in other ways -HSL, Hibs TV, Kicks for Kids, occasional walk ups etc

Still, cant please everyone.....

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 12:53 PM

If there's high demand for a particular match, I'd want to see these people guaranteed a ticket, to reward their loyalty, over, say, somebody like me, that can only attend the occasional game.

Too many non attendees moaned and moaned, giving those at the Club grief, hence decision to scrap system......I get your point though.

Keith_M
23-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Which is what the loyalty scheme done but can't blame the club for changing things with the amount of greeting that went on about it

I agree with both points

CapitalGreen
23-06-2016, 12:55 PM
I suspect there are lots of fans who go to a good proportion of away games who are now in the pot with those that go to none.

Well those that 'go to none' are hardly likely to be buying away tickets seeing as they do not go to away games...

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 12:56 PM
So, loyalty points scheme scrapped and ST holders (home and away) are given first choice for Cup final tickets etc and the rest of us have to get in the queue?

Reasonable I suppose but not good for guys who contribute in other ways -HSL, Hibs TV, Kicks for Kids, occasional walk ups etc

Still, cant please everyone.....

From what I have read it's only league games that will be used

Monts
23-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see how this away ticket scheme is in any way a replacement for the loyalty point scheme?

They could quite easily and successfully run side by side.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 12:59 PM
How come we never had these issues in the SPL? Why just over the past couple of years when we have happened to be in the Chship.

Was it supporters who pushed for the loyalty point scheme?

never had issues before getting tickets personally.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 01:07 PM
How come we never had these issues in the SPL? Why just over the past couple of years when we have happened to be in the Chship.

Was is supporters who pushed for the loyalty point scheme?

Yes, due to ticket allocations at smaller grounds

LancashireHibby
23-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Was is supporters who pushed for the loyalty point scheme?

Smaller away ends, a greater demand for tickets for Castle Greyskull given our much higher chances of beating them compared to previous years, much higher enthusiasm for derbies given we weren't having half a dozen a season any more. Plus that's not to say there haven't been issues in the past as it's certainly 5 years since the club introduced a membership scheme so that there was a second tier of ticket priority behind season ticket holders.

mutley
23-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Loyalty points scrapped? What do I do with the ones I have accrued? Do I have enough to get a pencil from the club shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
23-06-2016, 01:13 PM
awful decision.

CB_NO3
23-06-2016, 01:23 PM
I would say this is a lot worse than the loyalty point system. I have a season ticket, I go to 16 out of 18 away games. Now, say we are riding high in the league and can win the league at Dumbarton. We only get 700 tickets. A guy who has not been to an away game all season has the same chance as me in getting a ticket.

On another hand I could buy this away ticket thing, miss two games due to holidays and donate £40 of my hard-earned to a rival team for nothing.

We should have kept the loyalty point scheme and we should never got HSL involved.

ShinyFantastic
23-06-2016, 01:27 PM
I hope those that moaned about the loyalty points system are proud of themselves. There was nothing wrong with it, the only problems were self-inflicted by the club with the awful way they set up the waves at times.

Dav1986
23-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Can't say I'm a fan of this new system. Season ticket holders should get first dibs on all away games and cup finals etc. Loyalty point system should then be used in waves for any left after ST's have had their go at tickets.

The whole point of the loyalty points was to reward those that go when they can over those who don't get off their arse to go along.

I make around 10-15 games a season (cup and league combined) due to work commitments a ST isn't worth it for me at the moment and I'm sure many people are in the same boat. These are the fans the club should be trying to incentivise after ST holders imo

Cabbage East
23-06-2016, 02:20 PM
The club can't win here. It's the same at most clubs too.

Bristolhibby
23-06-2016, 02:38 PM

If there's high demand for a particular match, I'd want to see these people guaranteed a ticket, to reward their loyalty over, say, somebody like me that can only attend the occasional game.

That's what we had, and now what's gone. Like I said, selfishly I'm now in the same bracket as ST holders who don't sign up to the Away ST, as there is no other differential. Which is good for me and our away cup game at Tynecastle as I now stand a bit of a chance.

J

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2016, 02:38 PM

FFF another one, get real eh no need to look for a negative in every single thing.

Hibs90
23-06-2016, 02:43 PM
FFF another one, get real eh no need to look for a negative in every single thing.

Bit of a negative post IMO

Jay
23-06-2016, 02:54 PM

And do you honestly think Hibs would go along with that?

green&left
23-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Can see this being scrapped as quickly as the loyalty points system, certainly a lot more pointless (pardon the pun)

Our average travelling support is less than 800, the only allocation smaller than next season is Dumbarton.

Good scheme for Celtic, Man Utd and Liverpool who sell-out every away allocation every week. Pretty pointless when after a run of bad games your travelling support can dip to a few hundred.

southern hibby
23-06-2016, 03:09 PM
So it's 200 away STs, then a free for all.

Happy with that (as an out of Towner).

J

Not getting season ticket if it's free for the rest lol

GGTTH

23-06-2016, 03:14 PM
The club will never win with this. There is no perfect solution that is going to please everybody.

HH81
23-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Why restrict numbers on these? Get the lowest figure we can receive at any ground and put that many on sale to the whole Hibs support?

Hibbyradge
23-06-2016, 03:40 PM
The club will never win with this. There is no perfect solution that is going to please everybody.

Maybe a perfect solution isn't available, but there must be a better one than this.

Season ticket holders with away seasons should get first shout for scarce or popular tickets.

Then season ticket holders.

After that, why not have a loyalty scheme in which every pound you spend earns you points. The points could be weighted towards money spent on match tickets or whatever the club thought was their priority.

That way everyone who contributes to the club gets recognised, be it Kicks for Kids, HSL or merch buyers.

The "waves" for ticket sales would be straightforward.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Why restrict numbers on these? Get the lowest figure we can receive at any ground and put that many on sale to the whole Hibs support?

Did you read the statement?:confused:

CallumHibs07
23-06-2016, 04:08 PM
So you have to go to absolutely every game to benefit from this, while those that go to most but not all get no priority over anyone else? I get the club will never please everyone but at least the loyalty points system was flexible and rewarded fans as and when they go to games. Poor decision to scrap it.

marinello59
23-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Did you read the statement?:confused:

I'm starting to think not many have. It all seems quite well explained to me.

oconnors_strip
23-06-2016, 04:29 PM
This will help the ticket off work a lot better and efficiently in my opinion.

One thing that wasn't covered in the statement is groups wanting to buy tickets together like we have done in previous seasons. Hope this is thought about

Siralbertkidd
23-06-2016, 04:36 PM
So you buy the Season Ticket, approx £300, it only covers League games, we draw Hertz away in the Cup and you are in the raffle with everybody else

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 04:38 PM
So you buy the Season Ticket, approx £300, it only covers League games, we draw Hertz away in the Cup and you are in the raffle with everybody else

You are not "buying" a season ticket as such. You are committing to buy a ticket for every away league game which payment will be debited from your account at some point before that game.

I agree your point re cup games

Finn2015
23-06-2016, 05:01 PM

Super rich! A home season ticket plus an away ticket would be bloody expensive

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Super rich! A home season ticket plus an away ticket would be bloody expensive

It does seem that folk are no reading what the club have said.

There is no away season ticket to "buy". Money will be debited from your account for every away game this season, as the games come along. Not as a one off payment, every 2 weeks or whenever the away fixtures fall

ShinyFantastic
23-06-2016, 05:32 PM

This is what worries me

Siralbertkidd
23-06-2016, 05:39 PM

There is no away season ticket to "buy". Money will be debited from your account for every away game this season, as the games come along. Not as a one off payment, every 2 weeks or whenever the away fixtures fall

Agree you are not paying out the £300 all at once to buy a single Season Ticket, I was only giving a rough idea of the annual cost.
Miss one game and you have lost money, and you are not certain to receive a Cup ticket.
With the Home Season ticket the money goes to Hibs, with this one the opposition club benefits.
Cant see there being many, if any, takers

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Any chance everyone can read the statement before posting questions?

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2016, 05:41 PM
I think it's a good thing for those that go every week but as someone said earlier could run alongside loyalty points.

The guys that walk up every 2nd game (or whatever) have been completely over looked with this "system". They've now no priority over a random.

macca70
23-06-2016, 06:11 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea but don't agree that it should be a replacement for a loyalty scheme as its a completely different concept.

What happens when we get to end of season and can secure a league win at a small away ground. Fair enough, all away season tickets get there mandatory purchased ticket, how are the rest divided up? Priority for home season ticks or free for all public sale?

Not really seeing the benefit of committing to a mandatory away ticket purchase scheme. Why would you commit to that scheme, if you miss 1 game you'll be out of pocket, it's not as if you have the advantage of the same seat every home game, which is the big advantage of a home season ticket.

Callum7
23-06-2016, 06:12 PM
I think this may be a way to get us up to the 10k mark for ST.

macca70
23-06-2016, 06:19 PM
I think this may be a way to get us up to the 10k mark for ST.

I think it may take away from folk buying a home season tick, folk may decide not to bother with the home season ticket and put the cash aside to pay for away ticks under this scheme and Hibs get no financial benefit.

Unlikely, but possible.

HibsNutter
23-06-2016, 06:21 PM
The loyalty points system needed work but was promising. This is bullsh*t.

Waxy
23-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Clearly Hibs are having a bit trouble with this. Cant see this lasting more than a year bit it might end up working. The loyalty point system just needed a wee tweak here and there and it would have been sorted.

Finn2015
23-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Right my mistake then. Just calm a bit eh gungadin

percy veer
23-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Great hibs at least now when a big game comes out we will no see "well I have 40,000 points that's me sorted " we get it you go to games

Finn2015
23-06-2016, 07:15 PM
I get all that's said now but just wondering, will there be any danger of tickets for away games being like gold dust for always in the future? That's my worry. And yes, have read the statement but I don't think I'm the only one whose still wondering about certain aspects

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2016, 07:18 PM
I get all that's said now but just wondering, will there be any danger of tickets for away games being like gold dust for always in the future? That's my worry. And yes, have read the statement but I don't think I'm the only one whose still wondering about certain aspects

I'm not sure what's still to be answered but I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty tickets left over for the majority of away games.

Finn2015
23-06-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure what's still to be answered but I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty tickets left over for the majority of away games.

Fair enough that's me all satisfied then. Cheers👍

Eyrie
23-06-2016, 07:33 PM
It's a crap idea that will be of use to a few hundred fans and disadvantage everyone else.

The loyalty point system had only been operating for one full season, so needed refined rather than replaced. Start with 225 points for the early bird season ticket purchases, then 210 points for other season tickets and 10 points for each game bought as a walk up so that having a season ticket continues to be the top level. Add five points for each away game bought through Hibs.

Then expand the scheme by giving points for spending money on Hibs TV, Leith Links or HSL each season. Points could be added for spending in the club shop/online store (say 5 for every full £25 spent).

Albanian Hibs
23-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Missing a couple away games due to being on holiday next season but me and the hubby will def be buying in to it.

Finn2015
23-06-2016, 08:26 PM
It's a crap idea that will be of use to a few hundred fans and disadvantage everyone else.

The loyalty point system had only been operating for one full season, so needed refined rather than replaced. Start with 225 points for the early bird season ticket purchases, then 210 points for other season tickets and 10 points for each game bought as a walk up so that having a season ticket continues to be the top level. Add five points for each away game bought through Hibs.

Then expand the scheme by giving points for spending money on Hibs TV, Leith Links or HSL each season. Points could be added for spending in the club shop/online store (say 5 for every full £25 spent).

Hibs should employ you. I like that

JontyBGoode
23-06-2016, 09:32 PM
I would say this is a lot worse than the loyalty point system. I have a season ticket, I go to 16 out of 18 away games. Now, say we are riding high in the league and can win the league at Dumbarton. We only get 700 tickets. A guy who has not been to an away game all season has the same chance as me in getting a ticket.

On another hand I could buy this away ticket thing, miss two games due to holidays and donate £40 of my hard-earned to a rival team for nothing.

We should have kept the loyalty point scheme and we should never got HSL involved.

This seems to be the main flaw in the system. If people were allowed to opt out of 2 or 3 away matches - due to holidays/illness/work/whatever - out of the 20-odd that there would probably be (including cup matches) there'd be a bigger take up.

Even then it still doesn't address people who maybe make 10-15 away matches, who probably deserve some sort of preference ahead of the many day trippers.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Many wanted the LP scheme scrapped. That has happened.

Are we now saying it was a good system?

Hibbyradge
23-06-2016, 09:43 PM

It was better than this new one.

Why the two ideas couldn't run together I don't know.

Eyrie
23-06-2016, 09:45 PM

It's what always happens in life - it's those who think they are worse off that make the most noise.

In the case of the loyalty scheme that has led to it being scrapped too early rather than refined.

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2016, 09:47 PM

It could've been fixed. Too much emphasis on it for the minority that attend away games and not enough for the 10 games a season guys. The club got the tiers wrong for releasing tickets on occasion.

They've sorted the issue for the 300-500 folk but not for the rest of the 10000. Both LP and away "ST" could run concurrently.

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:49 PM

But will he get rewarded??

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:50 PM
It could've been fixed. Too much emphasis on it for the minority that attend away games and not enough for the 10 games a season guys. The club got the tiers wrong for releasing tickets on occasion.

They've sorted the issue for the 300-500 folk but not for the rest of the 10000. Both LP and away "ST" could run concurrently.

PompeyHibs
23-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Well done Hibs, defo think this is a positive change. Puts focas back on Season ticket holders getting first dabs on tickets. It goes further and gives fans who travel away the most a chance of an away ST.

To be fair its only a few games that we sell out away from home due to restrictions

1. Ibrox
2. tynie
3. Falkirk
4. Dumbarton
5. Any stadium that gives us less than 1,500 tickets

All other matches anybody who wants a ticket will get one.

It would be good if Hibs brought back the membership scheme, that would allow walk up fans a chance to secure tickets for semi / finals when demand is high

GGTTH

bookert
23-06-2016, 10:34 PM
It was better than this new one.

Why the two ideas couldn't run together I don't know.

Don't understand this, what was wrong with the loyalty system, you go to the games you get points.

Biggie
23-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Well done Hibs, defo think this is a positive change. Puts focas back on Season ticket holders getting first dabs on tickets. It goes further and gives fans who travel away the most a chance of an away ST.

To be fair its only a few games that we sell out away from home due to restrictions

1. Ibrox
2. tynie
3. Falkirk
4. Dumbarton
5. Any stadium that gives us less than 1,500 tickets

All other matches anybody who wants a ticket will get one.

It would be good if Hibs brought back the membership scheme, that would allow walk up fans a chance to secure tickets for semi / finals when demand is high

GGTTH

Pompey.....no problem with ST members getting first dibs on tickets, no problem with away ST getting so first dibs......my beef is folks with 100+ to >600+ points and as such in a good position to get decent seats at big games are now (it seems) in with joe blogs who hasn't attended in ages.
For guys who spend lots of money on walk up tickets, HSL, monthly contributions, etc where is the loyalty bonus ?.
There isn't one..it's gone.

Someone/anyone...if I've got this wrong put me right please as this is pissing me off.

Beefster
23-06-2016, 11:32 PM

It was always going to happen.

Anyone who attends the odd game is going to hate it. The diehard who goes to every away game will love it. Your bog-standard ST holder will be indifferent.

The club can't make everyone happy so they might as well stick by those who commit before the season every year.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Where this leaves a massive gap is for the regular walk up fans who can't, for whatever reason, commit to a ST. The 15-25 game a season guys.

They are now back to being lumped in with 'everyone else' when it comes to tickets for big games. After the regular away travellers these are the guys who, in my opinion, needed looked after by a loyalty scheme and now they don't appear to be.

It doesn't affect me personally. I've always been fine for tickets for every game I've wanted to attend before, during and I'm sure after a loyalty scheme but I feel for these guys.

hibs0666
24-06-2016, 06:24 AM
This is effectively a tax on those like me that attend 50-90% of away games. I will get one to ensure I get a ticket for ibrox etc, but it will be a kids one in order to minimise the tax that I pay for games that I cannot attend.

TamHibs
24-06-2016, 06:57 AM
This is effectively a tax on those like me that attend 50-90% of away games. I will get one to ensure I get a ticket for ibrox etc, but it will be a kids one in order to minimise the tax that I pay for games that I cannot attend.

So you'll no be getting one this year then :greengrin:greengrin

Bill Milne
24-06-2016, 08:00 AM

So the club scores by me buying an "away" season ticket on top of the cost of the away ticket itself. Hardly ideal in a financially constrained world, Stevie, and just sounds like a wheeze to get more money for Hibs IMO!! What happens if more than a few chancers buy "away" season tickets to ensure that they have access to premium away games, while failing to buy any other away tickets?

marinello59
24-06-2016, 08:01 AM
So the club scores by me buying an "away" season ticket on top of the cost of the away ticket itself. Hardly ideal in a financially constrained world, Stevie, and just sounds like a wheeze to get more money for Hibs IMO!!

It makes no money for Hibs. You only pay for tickets for away games.

marinello59
24-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Buying a kids one isn't a option. The scheme debits your account for each ticket as they become available. You pay the going rate, just like now.

Bill Milne
24-06-2016, 08:09 AM
It makes no money for Hibs. You only pay for tickets for away games.

Have Hibs said that the "away" season ticket will be free? Maybe I'm dim but I didn't see that in the official release. What is to stop me registering and then selling on unwanted away tickets. Still guarantees me access to premium away games.

TamHibs
24-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Have Hibs said that the "away" season ticket will be free? Maybe I'm dim but I didn't see that in the official release. What is to stop me registering and then selling on unwanted away tickets. Still guarantees me access to premium away games.

I think you've misunderstood the concept of the away season ticket

You pay whatever the home club is charging for your ticket bracket, all the away season ticket really means is Hibs get to debit your account for the game whether you can make it or not. WHat you then do with that ticket is your choice i.e sell it on, give it away etc

Any money that is debited for the away game is then sent to the home club as would normally happen. Hibs will make no money out of the away season ticket

Waxy
24-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Season tickets should get first priority. Ok with this away season ticket thing that could work also. What about the rest of us? We count also. Can't we have a loyalty point system for non ST holders that works to work alongside what Hibs have put out already? It will probably encourage ticket sales.

marinello59
24-06-2016, 08:14 AM

They have explained how the system will work. :confused:

Bill Milne
24-06-2016, 08:18 AM
I think you've misunderstood the concept of the away season ticket

You pay whatever the home club is charging for your ticket bracket, all the away season ticket really means is Hibs get to debit your account for the game whether you can make it or not. WHat you then do with that ticket is your choice i.e sell it on, give it away etc

Any money that is debited for the away game is then sent to the home club as would normally happen. Hibs will make no money out of the away season ticket

How do you know Hibs will make no money out of the "away" season ticket? As I said, there is no mention in the official release about the cost or otherwise, you are making an assertion I don't think you can back up unless you have inside knowledge. Everyone may as well sign up, the regular away fans may end up ticketless.

Bill Milne
24-06-2016, 08:21 AM
They have explained how the system will work. :confused:

They haven't mentioned cost, though!!

TamHibs
24-06-2016, 08:26 AM
How do you know Hibs will make no money out of the "away" season ticket? As I said, there is no mention in the official release about the cost or otherwise, you are making an assertion I don't think you can back up unless you have inside knowledge. Everyone may as well sign up, the regular away fans may end up ticketless.

Because it explains it here:

The detail needs to be finalised but, effectively, if you were to sign up for an ‘Away Season Ticket’ you would be guaranteed a ticket and your payment would automatically be taken from a debit or credit card. This would be an automated process with no manual element other than the early set up and you would be required to sign up for all away league fixtures

So in practice, if Morton are charging you £20 then your account will be debited with £20 & so forth. All the away season ticket is doing is guaranteeing the holder a ticket for every away league game of the season for places like Dumbarton & Falkirk where our allocation is very minimal. For games against your St Mirren;s or Dundee Utd's there will still be tickets available for walk up punters to buy

marinello59
24-06-2016, 08:31 AM

Numbers will be limited. It says that as well in the statement.

Finn2015
24-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Season tickets should get first priority. Ok with this away season ticket thing that could work also. What about the rest of us? We count also. Can't we have a loyalty point system for non ST holders that works to work alongside what Hibs have put out already? It will probably encourage ticket sales.

I think this is the sort of case that should be taken to the eu parlime..... Oh

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 09:21 AM

Did you read statement?

Limited availability.
The only "additional" cost would be postal charge, if you wish home delivery. There is no "wheeze", no other charges, just ticket costs only.......

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2016, 09:28 AM
So those who cant afford a season ticket and walk up to those games they can afford, have no recognition now and their loyalty means nothing?

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 09:31 AM
So those who cant afford a season ticket and walk up to those games they can afford, have no recognition now and their loyalty means nothing?

Did you not lambast the scheme? So why bother now?

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Did you not lambast the scheme? So why bother now?

It was a shambles, but theres more than just one form of loyalty, you obviously wont agree but thats by the by.

Some folk cant afford to go to every game, and walk up fans are putting money into Hibs, they deserve to be recognised in some way dont you agree?

I could sign up for this away season ticket and not go to one home game, where is my loyalty to Hibs, i wont be giving them a penny?

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 09:39 AM
It was a shambles, but theres more than just one form of loyalty, you obviously wont agree but thats by the by.

Some folk cant afford to go to every game, and walk up fans are putting money into Hibs, they deserve to be recognised in some way dont you agree?

I could sign up for this away season ticket and not go to one home game, where is my loyalty to Hibs, i wont be giving them a penny?

It wasn't a shambles, but negative comments like yours gave it a bad press, hence why it's been scrapped.....

You can't sign up for away ST, it is limited, I'm guessing to ST holders, who attend 90 % of away games......

You moaned about the scheme, now you think it was recognising walk ups......Can't have it both ways....

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2016, 09:47 AM
It wasn't a shambles, but negative comments like yours gave it a bad press, hence why it's been scrapped.....

You can't sign up for away ST, it is limited, I'm guessing to ST holders, who attend 90 % of away games......

You moaned about the scheme, now you think it was recognising walk ups......Can't have it both ways....

You really dont read anything properly do you, if you did you'd see that i have been against any loyalty points or now loyalty season tickets going to away tickets?

Loyalty should in my opinion be for those who give CASH to Hibs, either through season tickets HSL or buying through the club shop in fact any way the club makes money.

I also love how i'm getting credit for the loyalty scheme being scrapped, as in my opinion it was a shambles. :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 09:48 AM
You really dont read anything properly do you, if you did you'd see that i have been against any loyalty points or now loyalty season tickets going to away tickets?

Loyalty should in my opinion be for those who give CASH to Hibs, either through season tickets HSL or buying through the club shop in fact any way the club makes money.

I also love how i'm getting credit for the loyalty scheme being scrapped, as in my opinion it was a shambles. :top marks

No point debating with you, we are poles apart on the meaning of loyalty......

gazathehibby
24-06-2016, 10:07 AM
How do we work this, if Falkirk only give us 1800? away tickets, but we have 2000? fans signed up for the new away tickets system, the money will already has been taken from our bank account. So who will get the tickets, but yet Leeann Dempster has said that everyone who signs up will be guaranteed a ticket.
I went to all the away games last season with a lot of other hibs supporters, so that will count for nothing, if there was a point system for fans from last season, it would show up on the data base if you bought your tickets through Hibs, as there are no points system what other way can this be done.

This should have been explained a bit better before sending this out to all of our Hibs supporters.
Come on Hibs there has been a lot of unhappy fans already about the way ticket sales have been, we have to get this right.

marinello59
24-06-2016, 10:10 AM
How do we work this, if Falkirk only give us 1800? away tickets, but we have 2000? fans signed up for the new away tickets system, the money will already has been taken from our bank account. So who will get the tickets, but yet Leeann Dempster has said that everyone who signs up will be guaranteed a ticket.
I went to all the away games last season with a lot of other hibs supporters, so that will count for nothing, if there was a point system for fans from last season, it would show up on the data base if you bought your tickets through Hibs, as there are no points system what other way can this be done.

This should have been explained a bit better before sending this out to all of our Hibs supporters.
Come on Hibs there has been a lot of unhappy fans already about the way ticket sales have been, we have to get this right.

It's been explained. Numbers will be limited, the club know those who have been going to every game. :brickwall

stantonhibby
24-06-2016, 10:28 AM
It's been explained. Numbers will be limited, the club know those who have been going to every game. :brickwall

It's hard work !

bookert
24-06-2016, 10:28 AM

Really dont understand how it was a "shambles", you bought tickets went to games and got loyalty points, it seemed simple and logical.

BoomtownHibees
24-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Can .net implement a rule that you can only post on this thread if you have read and fully understood the press release from Hibs?

Hibbyradge
24-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Don't understand this, what was wrong with the loyalty system, you go to the games you get points.

:confused:

I agree.

Hibbyradge
24-06-2016, 10:47 AM

Given that the tickets will be scarce, you'll easily be able to sell them.

Argylehibby
24-06-2016, 11:23 AM
The biggest flaw with the loyalty points scheme was the name. Those that couldn't go to too many games latched onto the name and decided that the club thought they were less loyal than those that could go to many games. It was never about loyalty it was about making sure that someone that went to every game didn't miss out when the bigger, more appealing games came along. One of the most used reasons from the detractors of the old scheme was that it devalued the season ticket yet only Ibrox and maybe Tynecastle games didn't go to public sale. If you were a season ticket holder you had enough points to get a ticket if you wanyed one for every game last season. The scheme could have been improved, no doubt about that, but it was not in my opinion that bad it needed scrapped and replaced.

I know I probably wont be able to attend every home game but I'm happy to buy a season ticket knowing Hibs have the cash. I also know I won't be able to attend every away game but the thought of giving Falkirk £20 and not going does not appeal to me in the slightest. I'd happily apply for an AST if there was the opportunity to opt out for a limited number of games (maybe 2 or 3) a season but not if I'm going to be stuck with a ticket I cannot use. There is also the issue of allocating seats. If 4 people normally attend together but only one gets the AST do they sit on their own or will there be a way of grouping with other applicants?

kaimendhibs
24-06-2016, 11:34 AM
How do you get a seat next to your pal? Genuine question

Danderhall Hibs
24-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Can .net implement a rule that you can only post on this thread if you have read and fully understood the press release from Hibs?

Just having read it would be a great start.

BoomtownHibees
24-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Just having read it would be a great start.

It would help

lucky
24-06-2016, 02:20 PM
The away scheme is a good idea but I think you should be allowed to miss 4 games a season. This would allow for holidays, illness and other commitments. If any game is over subscribed then those with no missed games first, then 1 etc etc. Any tickets left go on general sale.

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 03:11 PM
The away scheme is a good idea but I think you should be allowed to miss 4 games a season. This would allow for holidays, illness and other commitments. If any game is over subscribed then those with no missed games first, then 1 etc etc. Any tickets left go on general sale.

That's exactly what the LP scheme did......

Kojock
24-06-2016, 03:55 PM
That's exactly what the LP scheme did......

The LP scheme was simple, the more games you went to, the more points you accrued, the better chance you had getting a ticket. Dont understand why it became so complicated.

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 03:58 PM
The LP scheme was simple, the more games you went to, the more points you accrued, the better chance you had getting a ticket. Dont understand why it became so complicated.

Because HSL got involved, and then people were bickering that is was unjust.....(People who rarely went anyway I may add)

Hiber-nation
24-06-2016, 04:17 PM

Me neither. I'll always miss about 4-5 aways each season but there will usually be someone I can sell my ticket to so no real problem if I sign up. Still don't really agree with it though.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Comprehension is clearly the biggest problem here. Do some folk just read the first few lines of a statement and ignore the rest?

Kojock
24-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Me neither. I'll always miss about 4-5 aways each season but there will usually be someone I can sell my ticket to so no real problem if I sign up. Still don't really agree with it though.

It would be interesting to see how many people went to every single away game including cup ties. It would be less than 50 IMO

Finn2015
24-06-2016, 05:03 PM
It would be interesting to see how many people went to every single away game including cup ties. It would be less than 50 IMO

Surely can't be many who could afford that? Some cost

24-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Because HSL got involved, and then people were bickering that is was unjust.....(People who rarely went anyway I may add)

Agree BF.
When launched the Loyalty Scheme was pretty simple - buy a Season Ticket or attend a game (home or away) that the club sell the tickets for you get loyalty points. When it comes to a games when demand is greater than supply you use the points as the mechanism of people to be put in an order that allows you to sell the tickets in.

My beef with the Club is HSL should never have been part of this scheme - devalued it for me. It became about ability to spend as opposed to attending matches. Secondly, when it came to the Cup Final they didn't stagger the sales so there were queues round the block on the first day, people turned away because the queue was too large and the ticketing system have difficulties online because of the numbers. If they'd staggered the sales according to the points people had they could have managed the queues and prevented the rush.