PDA

View Full Version : Gunnarson signing?

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-06-2016, 10:03 PM
The big man was at Easter Rd tonight. Take it he's signing and not just in for a photo with the cup?

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2016, 10:13 PM
I very much hope he is signing, quality player with a good future.

hibsmad
22-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Really hope so!

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Daily Record implied we would be signing someone very soon.

davidw
22-06-2016, 11:02 PM

The Daily Record implies lots of things....

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 11:15 PM
The big man was at Easter Rd tonight. Take it he's signing and not just in for a photo with the cup?did you see him there? I was asking last week if he was offski, or if we had an option. I would very much like him here.

SteveHFC
22-06-2016, 11:40 PM
The big man was at Easter Rd tonight. Take it he's signing and not just in for a photo with the cup?

I was in the main stand and walked past Rod. Should have said something to him. :wink:

NikGunnarsson
22-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Should be our first signing, proven first team quality and seems to have made a great connection with the club

My_Wife_Camille
23-06-2016, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up

ForeverHibs93
23-06-2016, 12:11 AM
I would love for us to sign him on, he was quality whenever he played for us last season.

As someone previously said, proven first team quality, seems like a decent bloke to boot.

Plus he smashed one in against the unwashed, all the more reason to get him signed up:greengrin!

CentreLine
23-06-2016, 04:39 AM

Guesswork. We could all make that assumption about any team in the country. Unless theirs some meat on the article then it must have been a slow news day on the Hun front and they needed to fill a couple of lines.

Callum_62
23-06-2016, 04:46 AM
would take him

Looked shaky on occasions but definitely good enough

supermcginn
23-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Would love to see the big man back, hope this is true!

Zazu62
23-06-2016, 06:28 AM

Ok tell us then

Cocaine&Caviar
23-06-2016, 06:39 AM
All for giving him another go, he seems likeable and was a part of THAT team.

However, did he start anymore than 3 or 4 games and a few sub appearances? If he was a great player wouldnt Stubbs have seen it in training?

Aldo
23-06-2016, 06:40 AM

If the DR said the sky was blue and the grass was green I'd still look to make sure!

Callum_62
23-06-2016, 06:43 AM
Guess we will see if hes at pre season training (starting today)

Michael
23-06-2016, 06:45 AM
Would be a decent signing. He was a little shaky the first 2/3 games but after that looked quite assured and decent going forward too.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-06-2016, 06:48 AM
did you see him there? I was asking last week if he was offski, or if we had an option. I would very much like him here.

Yeah I seen him mate. He wasn't wearing anything official but had a kit bag over his shoulder. Was being shown through the concourse by a Hibs official who I didn't recognise. Shook his hand and then cut through the shop.
Could have been in to collect stuff, say goodbye to folk or sign. I'm hoping sign

hfcnic
23-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Really hope this is the case. I really liked him.

mjhibby
23-06-2016, 06:58 AM
would take him

Looked shaky on occasions but definitely good enough

Only in his first couple of games. Hard to fit into a regular back four. Best position for me is either wing back where he has a great shot in him or centre half where he dominates. Would be a very good player for us especially as Lennon will only rest players in the lpetrofec cup.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2016, 07:05 AM
He was clearing out his locker....signed for hearts on a 2 year deal.....says he wants to help them lift the league cup....apparently he's a boyhood fan and can't wait to run out on front of 400000 fans every week

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2016, 07:15 AM
He was clearing out his locker....signed for hearts on a 2 year deal.....says he wants to help them lift the league cup....apparently he's a boyhood fan and can't wait to run out on front of 400000 fans every week

Aw naw, he was sheite anyway. Next.

Jack
23-06-2016, 07:15 AM
All for giving him another go, he seems likeable and was a part of THAT team.

However, did he start anymore than 3 or 4 games and a few sub appearances? If he was a great player wouldnt Stubbs have seen it in training?

He was in the squad for 27 games. Starting 11 on 9 occasions. A sub 6 times.

His contract with IF Elfsborg expires end of December this year.

All according to Transfermarkt.

I'd like to see him back.

Bishop Hibee
23-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Good player who I'd like to see sign a deal at ER.

TamHibs
23-06-2016, 07:40 AM
He's offski, phoned my work today to cancel his account with us as he is returning to Norway, of course things can change but as of 4.45pm last night he was leaving.

RoxburghHibs
23-06-2016, 07:42 AM
He was in the squad for 27 games. Starting 11 on 9 occasions.

How can you start 11 matches on 9 occasions :confused:

edit: Ah I think you mean he was in the starting lineup on 9 occasions :)

Craig_in_Prague
23-06-2016, 07:42 AM
ach well, he was gash anyway. Will never forgive him for that heart stopping moment late in the cup game at Tynie when he lobbed it onto the bar, I aged 5 years in that 1 moment.

Winston Ingram
23-06-2016, 07:48 AM
He was in the squad for 27 games. Starting 11 on 9 occasions. A sub 6 times.

His contract with IF Elfsborg expires end of December this year.

All according to Transfermarkt.

I'd like to see him back.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/niklas-gunnarsson/profil/spieler/180442

His contract is actually with Valernga with Norway. He was on loan to Elfsborg prior to us.

If he was at ER then it can only point to us signing him as i'm sure the Norwegian season is currently in progress

Enough said
23-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Absolutely stupid statement ....

SJM
23-06-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't think at this time he is worth the developmental gamble when he would probably be on good money and wouldn't be a regular. Potentially a very good player but we need a team to get out this league.

Golden Bear
23-06-2016, 08:34 AM
He's offski, phoned my work today to cancel his account with us as he is returning to Norway, of course things can change but as of 4.45pm last night he was leaving.

Hope your Employers or indeed Mr Gunnarson don't read your post Tam!

Smartie
23-06-2016, 08:40 AM
ach well, he was gash anyway. Will never forgive him for that heart stopping moment late in the cup game at Tynie when he lobbed it onto the bar, I aged 5 years in that 1 moment.

I've seen enough players get the freedom of Tynecastle to get a shot away from that kind of position to turn my nose up at Gunnarson putting a player under pressure and ultimately helping us close that game out for our replay.

He was instrumental in getting us back into that tie - he was superb down that right flank in the second half and helped put the Jambos on the back foot.

Whilst he'll never be remembered like Stokes, Gray and Henderson will be for their roles in the cup win, he'll always be up there in my estimations for his "unsung hero" contribution in the cup alongside Malonga, Kevin Thomson and Conrad Logan.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

easty
23-06-2016, 08:41 AM
I'd have liked to keep him. I'd definitely rather have him than Forster.

He was called up to the Norway squad at the end of the season, I know they're no great, but they're no terrible either (ranked 51 in the world). If we can sign a current Norwegian international while we're in the 2nd tier of Scotttish football, that cannae be a bad thing, can it?

Craig_in_Prague
23-06-2016, 08:47 AM
I've seen enough players get the freedom of Tynecastle to get a shot away from that kind of position to turn my nose up at Gunnarson putting a player under pressure and ultimately helping us close that game out for our replay.

He was instrumental in getting us back into that tie - he was superb down that right flank in the second half and helped put the Jambos on the back foot.

Whilst he'll never be remembered like Stokes, Gray and Henderson will be for their roles in the cup win, he'll always be up there in my estimations for his "unsung hero" contribution in the cup alongside Malonga, Kevin Thomson and Conrad Logan.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

It was mainly tongue in cheek mate, I know he's a good player and he was just defending on that occasion,
the "ach he was gash" was just following the theme of comments if someone leaves or rejects us, but if they stay or sign they're great :) ........chill !

My_Wife_Camille
23-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Ok tell us then
Nothing to tell. I don't think he's staying

Absolutely stupid statement ....
Last time someone said that to me was when I said that Dagnall would barely get a look in once Stokes signed. Believe what you want but as it stands Gunnarsson is away.

dalkeith stu
23-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Yeah I seen him mate. He wasn't wearing anything official but had a kit bag over his shoulder. Was being shown through the concourse by a Hibs official who I didn't recognise. Shook his hand and then cut through the shop.
Could have been in to collect stuff, say goodbye to folk or sign. I'm hoping sign
Spoke to him yesterday, he spotted us going in for our pic with a penguin in a Hibs top (don't ask)and came over to us. Said he didn't have anything sorted but was hopeful of a return. He was flying home today.

Stokesy's on fire
23-06-2016, 09:31 AM

That Rag should be banned

I hope Gunnarson is signing I really like him. When he came on in the Tynecastle Derby he made such a big impact on the team he's a clever player with a touch of class.

J-C
23-06-2016, 09:32 AM
I do like Gunnarsson but if Forster is staying do we really need him, we need cover for Gray but I feel Gunnarsson is better than just a cover player, I'd have him as 1st team choice but Gray is the captain and his final performance was unbelievable.

MWHIBBIES
23-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I do like Gunnarsson but if Forster is staying do we really need him, we need cover for Gray but I feel Gunnarsson is better than just a cover player, I'd have him as 1st team choice but Gray is the captain and his final performance was unbelievable.Gunnar is better than Forster at both right back and center half. No brainer to keep him.

J-C
23-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Gunnar is better than Forster at both right back and center half. No brainer to keep him.

I agree to an extent, so why re sign Forster?

ancient hibee
23-06-2016, 09:36 AM
I do like Gunnarsson but if Forster is staying do we really need him, we need cover for Gray but I feel Gunnarsson is better than just a cover player, I'd have him as 1st team choice but Gray is the captain and his final performance was unbelievable.

Gray's game improved over the second half of the season because Gunnarsson provided competition-don't think Forster will.

J-C
23-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Gray's game improved over the second half of the season because Gunnarsson provided competition-don't think Forster will.

I know that, my point I was making was I feel Gunnarsson is the best right back we had last season and wasn't sure he'd want to sign as a back up as he's better then that, he's a 1st teamer all week long.

ancient hibee
23-06-2016, 09:40 AM
I know that, my point I was making was I feel Gunnarsson is the best right back we had last season and wasn't sure he'd want to sign as a back up as he's better then that, he's a 1st teamer all week long.

Agree but also think we ca't have too many first team players.

MWHIBBIES
23-06-2016, 09:41 AM
I agree to an extent, so why re sign Forster?Honestly, I've no idea.

J-C
23-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Agree but also think we ca't have too many first team players.

True to a certain extent but trying to keep them all happy with game time is always a problem, if he's happy to sign knowing this then I'm delighted if he stays.

monktonharp
23-06-2016, 11:46 AM
I agree to an extent, so why re sign Forster?I'd like to see both of them back with us! more competition, and much more cover for injuries, bans (defenders gather points easily for that) and any emergency. we want back up, and to cover all those positions is key. we got off lightly last season, considering the 50 games we played without having any real defence cover problem.

hibs supporter
23-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Maybe forster has turned down the contract that's why he is here

CapitalGreen
23-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Maybe forster has turned down the contract that's why he is here

Forster was training today

Jack
23-06-2016, 01:00 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/niklas-gunnarsson/profil/spieler/180442

His contract is actually with Valernga with Norway. He was on loan to Elfsborg prior to us.

If he was at ER then it can only point to us signing him as i'm sure the Norwegian season is currently in progress

You know it didn't feel right when I was typing it. I was in a bit of a hurry.

brog
23-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Spoke to him yesterday, he spotted us going in for our pic with a penguin in a Hibs top (don't ask)and came over to us. Said he didn't have anything sorted but was hopeful of a return. He was flying home today.

Brilliant!! In a deadly dull transfer period so far you've brightened up the board & actually given some decent info!! The Fish man is dead, long live The Penguin!!

KWJ
23-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Had forgotten about that. Mental how close we were to going out and how different things would be.

Thank *****!

hibsmad
23-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Had forgotten about that. Mental how close we were to going out and how different things would be.

Thank *****!

Yep it was a worrying moment, however it wasn't anything he did wrong, just the way the ball deflected off him after he tried the block.

Plus he was probably the best player on the park after he came on that day. Remember Pat Nevin picking him out for praise on sportscene.

If he doesn't sign again then the big man will be a serious cult hero for me!

Rasta_Hibs
23-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Is Fontaine still with Hibs?

bingo70
23-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Is Fontaine still with Hibs?

Yes

Rasta_Hibs
23-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes

If big Gunner signs were more than covered at the back. I thought maybe Fontaine would be away if Gunner was a goer.

dp00
24-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Maybe getting some photos with cup before he goes ... Or maybe hibs are getting all the player photographed with cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan the Man
24-06-2016, 07:38 PM
I agree to an extent, so why re sign Forster?

Also agree. Better in both positions.

Foster is strong physically but display enough know how or calmness. This may well come with age though.

HibsNutter
24-06-2016, 07:44 PM
If big Gunner signs were more than covered at the back. I thought maybe Fontaine would be away if Gunner was a goer.

Could do with competition for Stevenson, other than that I'm content with our defensive options.

mca
24-06-2016, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE ... Or maybe hibs are getting all the player photographed with cup [/QUOTE]

That Would be good.. All The Players that Contributed to the Cup Winning Run.. :thumbsup: