PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Copenhagen

DH1875
22-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Does anyone other than EasyJet fly direct to Copenhagen from Scotland? Been looking online and seems EasyJet have no flights/seats left for the Wednesday or Thursday.

lucky
22-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Does anyone other than EasyJet fly direct to Copenhagen from Scotland? Been looking online and seems EasyJet have no flights/seats left for the Wednesday or Thursday.

Try skyscanners, they mix airlines up to get the best price. But Edinburgh flights over £300. Worth flying to London and out from there. Early morning flight from Luton is on £56 return !

CapitalGreen
22-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Ryanair and SAS fly direct also. Possibly Norwegian Air too but not 100% sure.

WHAM
22-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Flights from Aberdeen pretty reasonable. Just under £200 for direct wed-fri.

Pity Aberdeen is a treck.

Stokesy's on fire
22-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Flights from Aberdeen pretty reasonable. Just under £200 for direct wed-fri.

Pity Aberdeen is a treck.

Aberdeen and reasonable prices is not something you usually hear of!

St Pauli Hibee
22-06-2016, 10:29 PM
I am flying with Norwegian air to Copenhagen 3.00pm flight, as for coming back Ryanair leaving Copenhagen at 10.00pm, as was said in a previous comment you are looking at over £300 for those direct flights now I'm afraid flights to and from Edinburgh

lucky
22-06-2016, 10:31 PM
SAS from Newcastle around £240

Moulin Yarns
23-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Not going, but would it not be a cheaper option to connect through Amsterdam than a UK airport?

pacorosssco
23-06-2016, 05:54 AM
Not going, but would it not be a cheaper option to connect through Amsterdam than a UK airport?

Look to fly anywhere around you can get bus. Flixbus (google it) is reasonable just takes longer. Hamburg in germany then bus maybe option.

Topographic Hibby
23-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Is it just me, but isn't all this Copenhagen stuff a bit previous?

Iceland have just qualified for the next round of Euros. Neither Denmark or Scotland are there. Brondby are a bigger name than Valur, but then in world terms, you could say the same about The Club Previously Known As Rangers and ourselves. Look how that finished!

Not a criticism, just an observation. Isn't your money at risk if the tie goes Valur's way?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2016, 10:39 AM

Iceland have just qualified for the next round of Euros. Neither Denmark or Scotland are there. Brondby are a bigger name than Valur, but then in world terms, you could say the same about The Club Previously Known As Rangers and ourselves. Look how that finished!

Not a criticism, just an observation. Isn't your money at risk if the tie goes Valur's way?

You are a tad late in arriving at the party but, to answer your point "That's the gamble" as the old saying goes.

CapitalGreen
23-06-2016, 10:49 AM

How many of those Icelandic internationals play in the Icelandic league?

ben johnson
23-06-2016, 10:59 AM

As mentioned nobody playing in Iceland is in the National team. Part time league and mid table up against a Danish team who should be out to impress the new manager. Took a gamble on Brondby coming through but you never know in football. Just have to go over anyway if Brondby founder.

Bookies have Valur about 6 / 7 to one and Brondby 1 to 3 for the game in Iceland.

KdyHby
23-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Hoping Hibs charter a flight and fans can pay to travel too.

Topographic Hibby
23-06-2016, 11:21 AM
How many of those Icelandic internationals play in the Icelandic league?

Fair point. And all the other points as well. Gamble indeed!

HibbyDave
23-06-2016, 11:34 AM
If you have no real intention of going to the away leg PLEASE STOP LOOKING at flights as you are simply driving up the prices. Better to look at the cost of flying wherever the Jumbos are playing and keep bumping up their prices.

GGTTH

lucky
23-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Fair point. And all the other points as well. Gamble indeed!

A educated gamble. The bookies have Valur 17/2 to win the home tie never mind qualify. But in life nothing is certain. My flight was £95 so it's not the end of the world if it's Valur. I'll just cancel my hotel in Copenhagen and book another flight.

Radge70
23-06-2016, 04:08 PM
At the moment Norwegian and Scandinavian can be done for £365.50 and £368.47 respectively (direct flights from Edinburgh). The ones I'm now booked on were £80 five minutes after the draw and then £180 after I'd done all my research as to the likelihood of us playing Brondby on the given days (that was ten minutes after the draw and was what I went for). Personally very happy but the smug grin might be wiped off my face if Reykjavik do the unthinkable! Something to bear in mind for anyone holding back though is the fact that half the direct flights are now sold out completely.

Barnton Hibs
24-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Crowd of us in Gothenburg that week.. Are now looking at possible modes of transport to Copenhagen (3.5 hours away in a car or train). Fingers crossed it's bronby we play !!

OsloHibs
25-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Crowd of us in Gothenburg that week.. Are now looking at possible modes of transport to Copenhagen (3.5 hours away in a car or train). Fingers crossed it's bronby we play !!

Get down to Malmo and it's just over the bridge from there.

ben johnson
25-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Oslo Hibs. I did a bit of work in Denmark and having dinner with the Danes it struck me they kept groaning and moaning about Norwegians. There main complaint was the lax attitude to work and working hours. A bit of history there ?

gav71
25-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Bronby currently playing in a European friendly 1-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
25-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Oslo Hibs. I did a bit of work in Denmark and having dinner with the Danes it struck me they kept groaning and moaning about Norwegians. There main complaint was the lax attitude to work and working hours. A bit of history there ?

I compare Scandinavia to UK- the swedes are the English (Noone likes them!), the finish are the Welsh (Noone cares!!), Norwegians are the irish (loyal & very proud people) and the Danes are the stero typical Scots (drunken loud jokers).
Hope no-one takes offence at this, it's only my joke!!!!!!!!!!

So whilst there's no huge love lost between the Danes & norwegian, they both hate the swedes more than each other!

ben johnson
25-06-2016, 01:23 PM
The guy at the dinner told a joke about a Norwegian spanking his wife before going to work. When he got home his wife's bottom was still wobbling. Not that it was big and fat or wobbled for long it's just that Norwegians don't work long hours. One of the Danes nearly passed out laughing.

OsloHibs
25-06-2016, 01:46 PM
The guy at the dinner told a joke about a Norwegian spanking his wife before going to work. When he got home his wife's bottom was still wobbling. Not that it was big and fat or wobbled for long it's just that Norwegians don't work long hours. One of the Danes nearly passed out laughing.

Haha, so true! In norway work pays more money & less hours- we have very good deal :) and 6 weeks holidays!!!

norwayhibs
25-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Haha, so true! In norway work pays more money & less hours- we have very good deal :) and 6 weeks holidays!!!

6 weeks!!!!! I only get 5 weeks down here.:cb

Tamhere1875
25-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Fligh out Wednesday night via Oslo 2 nights at the cabbin city direct flight back to Edinburgh on the Saturday £369