PDA

View Full Version : Hand of God

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Itv4 now. A feast of schadenfreudeish delights. :-)

Ricky Bobby
22-06-2016, 10:15 PM
No surprise to anyone, but Butcher is a welt of a man.

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2016, 10:17 PM
No surprise to anyone, but Butcher is a welt of a man.

:agree:

ben johnson
23-06-2016, 07:55 AM
I loved how the football people did not want to get involved in the politics of the England v Argentina game given the Falklands war in 82. Maradona and Bobby Robson both refusing to rise to questions linking the game to the war.

Enter Saint and Greavsie. England team became a task force and Saint decided there should be an exclusion zone around the England box. Classic 80s TV.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2016, 07:34 PM
http://youtu.be/T9M_bqIB6EU

lol

The Green Goblin
23-06-2016, 07:53 PM
I loved how the football people did not want to get involved in the politics of the England v Argentina game given the Falklands war in 82. Maradona and Bobby Robson both refusing to rise to questions linking the game to the war.

Enter Saint and Greavsie. England team became a task force and Saint decided there should be an exclusion zone around the England box. Classic 80s TV.

Des Lynam was at it in 1990 pre the England Germany WC semi final. When he was handed the team sheets, he waved the page in the air and said "I have in my hand a piece of paper" a la Chamberlain after meeting Hitler in 1938. I'll never forget it: crass, xenophobic bull****.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Des Lynam was at it in 1990 pre the England Germany WC semi final. When he was handed the team sheets, he waved the page in the air and said "I have in my hand a piece of paper" a la Chamberlain after meeting Hitler in 1938. I'll never forget it: crass, xenophobic bull****.

Always thought that lines was ripe for the Celebrities on the Toilet section of Viz...

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Shilton should've got it. Shocking jump.

Edson Arantes
23-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Always thought that lines was ripe for the Celebrities on the Toilet section of Viz...

Does no Scotsman ever give up on the England stuff?

Its so tedious.

If they beat Iceland will that be a national disaster? :confused:

ben johnson
23-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Its so tedious.

Well since Greavsie called a Scotland v Iceland game a local derby I suppose yes if England beat our near neighbours.

The Green Goblin
23-06-2016, 10:56 PM

Its so tedious.

What on earth are you talking about? :rolleyes: There is nothing anti-English about either my post or VP's response. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Read it again.

Smartie
23-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Great header.

Not as great as Sir David Gray's but great nonetheless.

magpie1892
23-06-2016, 11:14 PM
ripe for the Celebrities on the Toilet section of Viz...

They did that one. With Neville Chaimberlain..

Viva_Palmeiras
24-06-2016, 07:27 AM
What on earth are you talking about? :rolleyes: There is nothing anti-English about either my post or VP's response. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Read it again.

I can only presume a misquote.

In other news I guess you're glad you opted for Portugal and not the UK. What a mess...

The Green Goblin
24-06-2016, 02:30 PM

In other news I guess you're glad you opted for Portugal and not the UK. What a mess...

Actually, I am very nervous about where this is leading and what it will mean. I'm here cos of EU freedom of movement, the missus as the wife of an EU citizen, my job will be significantly affected, but more than the personal situation, I'm just wondering how "we" got to a point where lots of people are openly being told to "go back to where they came from" in UK streets. Have we really regressed back to that? Perhaps we should make them wear a yellow star, so we know who "they" all are? Has that been done before...? :rolleyes: Terrible stuff.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Of course! Getting G a UK passport should be OK though prob gonna be a massive backlog for immigration related processing tho. Hope we can catch up when you're over iirc it might coincide partly when we're off 4-17th July come over for some poor churrasco ;)

The Green Goblin
24-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Of course! Getting G a UK passport should be OK though prob gonna be a massive backlog for immigration related processing tho. Hope we can catch up when you're over iirc it might coincide partly when we're off 4-17th July come over for some poor churrasco ;)

I arrive July 7th then head north to work on July 13th - Aug 2nd. G over from Aug 4-18.

Plan is to see the Motherwell game at ER on 10th then a couple of beers afterwards. Want to join that? If not, let's get together when G is over in August?

The Green Goblin
24-06-2016, 05:12 PM

:hijack:

Actually, I am very nervous about where this is leading and what it will mean. I'm here cos of EU freedom of movement, the missus as the wife of an EU citizen, my job will be significantly affected, but more than the personal situation, I'm just wondering how "we" got to a point where lots of people are openly being told to "go back to where they came from" in UK streets. Have we really regressed back to that? Perhaps we should make them wear a yellow star, so we know who "they" all are? Has that been done before...? :rolleyes: Terrible stuff.

I arrive July 7th then head north to work on July 13th - Aug 2nd. G over from Aug 4-18.

Plan is to see the Motherwell game at ER on 10th then a couple of beers afterwards. Want to join that? If not, let's get together when G is over in August?

:faf:

Just saving somebody else the bother....:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
24-06-2016, 05:15 PM
As you know from living in Brazil the art of the jeitinho

#breakTheRules