View Full Version : I just got telt by Leeann

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Guess everyone is getting the e-mail.

Sorry boss, won't happen again. :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
22-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Same!

On another note, if I don't get to see Hibs play again, then il be more than happy with the final game I attended 😎

brianmc
22-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Bugger! I was planning on running onto the pitch at our first home game of the season, but after reading her email I realise that would be daft...

kaimendhibs
22-06-2016, 05:32 PM
So did I. Wasnt on pitch tho

Gatecrasher
22-06-2016, 05:32 PM
https://youtu.be/5ypUz1WYens
:agree:

staunchhibby
22-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Yep got one also:rolleyes:

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 05:35 PM
What did it say?

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Me too.

I was an angel and remained in my seat. Mu reputation has been tarnished by being lumped in with the marauding hordes who battered poor Lee to within an inch of his life.

green day
I am writing to all supporters who bought tickets through Hibernian FC for the recent Scottish Cup Final to re-emphasise in the strongest terms the need for supporters to refrain from Unacceptable Conduct and in particular from acting in a violent or disorderly manner; including by entering on to the pitch during or after any match.

The Club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup but it is vital that you, as a supporter of the Club, recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, is unacceptable, amounts to disorder and places those on the pitch and others at risk. The Club is in the process of identifying those who committed violent and/or disorderly acts and will apply a proportionate sanction to those identified. Several supporters have already received life or indefinite bans from Easter Road and from purchasing match tickets and other benefits as a result of their conduct during the pitch incursion at Hampden on May 21st.

Any pitch incursion has the potential to result in more serious disorder and violent confrontations. The Club is placed at risk of action by the football authorities by all such actions and urges all supporters to respect the rules around Unacceptable Conduct and to take personal responsibility for their own behaviour at matches

Pete
What did it say?

It says: next time, more of us should get on the pitch and batter some huns for real.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Wisnae me.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Jeez, that's complete overkill

:rolleyes:

Mr White
22-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Hmmm all joking aside I suspect Hibs have received a worrying heads up about whats coming our way. Hopefully not but that looks a bit ominous imo.

green day
22-06-2016, 05:41 PM

Yep, but I guess it's more evidence of us getting our house in order, whereas the Neanderthals are congratulating their fans for fighting.

O'Rourke3

Having also received the telling off(Undeservedly) I don't agree. They are getting well in front of Der Hun in dealing with their own fans. Since the final The Ranters have either screamed about their injustices like the looney on the bus everyone avoids or taken the vow of Omerta. We have in the meantime acted.

Hibs Class.....

The Green Goblin

The ultimate responsibility for everything to do with the club lies with her.

Blaster
22-06-2016, 05:42 PM

Not if it reduces our fine. Hibs are just being seen to be taking action and doing what they can to stop it happening in the future

I'm sure I'll cope with getting the email

green day
Hmmm all joking aside I suspect Hibs have received a worrying heads up about whats coming our way. Hopefully not but that looks a bit ominous imo.

Maybe we gave been put on our last chance?

Jay

I think the opposite, the club are showing the powers that be that they are dealing with it and it may reduce any penalty.

Oscar T Grouch

No really, she is doing exactly what she is meant to. She can't be seen to be condoning it (Like the huns) so she has to issue it to everyone on the database who got tickets. Its the responsible thing to do. If you look at the huns statements since the final and ours,you see the difference between someone who knows how to run a football club and someone who was call a liar by a judge in a South African courtroom. :greengrin

Mr White
22-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I think the opposite, the club are showing the powers that be that they are dealing with it and it may reduce any penalty.

I would have agreed if that email had come out 3 weeks ago.

Smartie
22-06-2016, 05:44 PM

That's the first thing that went through my mind.

I reckon we'll need to have been seen to have done as much as we can to prevent future incidents and this is an attempt at damage limitation.

Onion
22-06-2016, 05:46 PM
I am writing to all supporters who bought tickets through Hibernian FC for the recent Scottish Cup Final to re-emphasise in the strongest terms the need for supporters to refrain from Unacceptable Conduct and in particular from acting in a violent or disorderly manner; including by entering on to the pitch during or after any match.

The Club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup but it is vital that you, as a supporter of the Club, recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, is unacceptable, amounts to disorder and places those on the pitch and others at risk. The Club is in the process of identifying those who committed violent and/or disorderly acts and will apply a proportionate sanction to those identified. Several supporters have already received life or indefinite bans from Easter Road and from purchasing match tickets and other benefits as a result of their conduct during the pitch incursion at Hampden on May 21st.

Any pitch incursion has the potential to result in more serious disorder and violent confrontations. The Club is placed at risk of action by the football authorities by all such actions and urges all supporters to respect the rules around Unacceptable Conduct and to take personal responsibility for their own behaviour at matches

All makes perfect sense. It just fails to properly recognise the unique / unprecedented circumstances of the club winning the cup after 114 years of torture, and in the way we did it. Those circumstances will never be replicated in our lifetimes. I'm sure everyone at Hibs understands that, including LD, and this note is simply covering off the need to read the riot act to us long suffering, boisterous Hibs fans. The bigger problem is that those outside of Easter Road haven't got a clue what happened on 21 May 2016, and will never, ever understand.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 05:50 PM

I think it's just a case of being able to say to any investigation that we have done what we can to avoid a repeat in future.

That could be good for our case and perhaps be taken into account when punishments are being handed out.

Onion
22-06-2016, 05:52 PM
That's the first thing that went through my mind.

I reckon we'll need to have been seen to have done as much as we can to prevent future incidents and this is an attempt at damage limitation.

Hibs have given the SFA written assurances that they'll not be so stupid to win the Scottish Cup again :aok:

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 05:53 PM
No email which means I was a good boy 🤓

Billy Whizz
22-06-2016, 05:53 PM
I got an email with a heading and no content

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 05:54 PM
I think it's just a case of being able to say to any investigation that we have done what we can to avoid a repeat in future.

That could be good for our case and perhaps be taken into account when punishments are being handed out.

That's exactly how it reads to me, and has definitely been written by Hibs lawyer.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
22-06-2016, 05:55 PM

I would imagine it's more of a "look we have spoke to our fans" more than they have been given a heads up notice. By proving they are taking it seriously (banning people and communicating with all fans) it shows we are taking it seriously.

Mr White
22-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Sounds like a 10 year ban from Easter Road for you Billy. How badly did you hurt Mark Warburton? :greengrin

hibsbollah
22-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Did anyone else read the title as he had just been 'felt' by Leanne?

Mr White
I would imagine it's more of a "look we have spoke to our fans" more than they have been given a heads up notice. By proving they are taking it seriously (banning people and communicating with all fans) it shows we are taking it seriously.

Again as I said above, that would have made sense 2 or 3 weeks ago but at this point it looks like more than that to me.
I hope I'm wrong though.

Jay
I would have agreed if that email had come out 3 weeks ago.

I think they are just going through a process, first priority was to get the main culprits and ban them or whatever punishment was required and now to make a stance towards the rest of the people who 'did the wrong thing'.

hibs0666

Was it a Stokes or Gray heading?

Billy Whizz
Sounds like a 10 year ban from Easter Road for you Billy. How badly did you hurt Mark Warburton? :greengrin

And I wasn't even on the pitch?

Finn2015

Nope

Mr White
I think they are just going through a process, first priority was to get the main culprits and ban them or whatever punishment was required and now to make a stance towards the rest of the people who 'did the wrong thing'.

Lets hope so :agree:

Mr White
22-06-2016, 05:58 PM

#prayforbilly

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 05:58 PM

A ringleader then.

s.a.m
22-06-2016, 06:00 PM

Aye, me too. I think we've been exonerated because of our Loyalty Points, Billy.:wink:

Ronniekirk
22-06-2016, 06:01 PM

They are rightly doing everything they and their lawyers and advisors can think of to make sure that when the independent inquiry reports and makes recommendations we will have already have taken the required action needed and they will be hoping this may be taken into account when our punishment is decided
It is making it clear running onto the Pitch is seen as an offence so amy repeat of a mass pitch invasion would see us hammered as a club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sas_The_Hibby
22-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Hibs have given the SFA written assurances that they'll not be so stupid to win the Scottish Cup again :aok:

I'm sure we can stick to our word too! :greengrin

The Green Goblin
22-06-2016, 06:07 PM

The independent commission report will be published on July 31st. Given that, I would be amazed if anyone knows anything at all about its content at this stage. Hibs are simply being proactive here.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-06-2016, 06:10 PM

After that comment, Hibsbollah, you can expect another email from Leanne about unacceptable conduct, but on a completely different topic.......... :greengrin

Twiglet
22-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Again as I said above, that would have made sense 2 or 3 weeks ago but at this point it looks like more than that to me.
I hope I'm wrong though.

They mentioned it at the working together meeting last Wednesday.
Maybe they wanted to add in more detail about what punishment handed out by the club than would have been around 3 weeks ago.

Andy74
22-06-2016, 06:12 PM
It's a bit strong on the pitch stuff. The majority were just wandering about hugging folk after the gates were opened. Not really serious disorder.

Onion
22-06-2016, 06:13 PM
They are rightly doing everything they and their lawyers and advisors can think of to make sure that when the independent inquiry reports and makes recommendations we will have already have taken the required action needed and they will be hoping this may be taken into account when our punishment is decided
It is making it clear running onto the Pitch is seen as an offence so amy repeat of a mass pitch invasion would see us hammered as a club

The biggest "crime" that day was beating the Huns, and I expect the Commission to severely censure Hibs for that alone. Expect we'll be forced to apologise to The Rangers for our impertinence and be eternally thankful that someone as important as Warbs took the time out of his busy schedule to recognise our Cup win.

hibee
22-06-2016, 06:14 PM
I've just finished reading the email and thought it was pathetic.

It's like when a few kids in a school class are talking and the teacher can't be bothered finding out who it was so they give the whole class a detention.

I only bought tickets for the South Upper anyway so had no way to get on the pitch even if I'd wanted to!

Diclonius
22-06-2016, 06:14 PM
I received an email and never went on the pitch. I promise I'll never do it. :wink:

green day
22-06-2016, 06:19 PM

It's like when a few kids in a school class are talking and the teacher can't be bothered finding out who it was so they give the whole class a detention.

I only bought tickets for the South Upper anyway so had no way to get on the pitch even if I'd wanted to!

It's the club being proactive, not pathetic

Sas_The_Hibby
22-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Don't agree. Think the email was fair comment.

Are you expecting them to take weeks identifying every single fan who was on the pitch and only contact them? I'd rather they concentrated on getting a winning squad together for next season.

Mr White
22-06-2016, 06:28 PM
The independent commission report will be published on July 31st. Given that, I would be amazed if anyone knows anything at all about its content at this stage. Hibs are simply being proactive here.
I'm sure Rod Petrie's keeping an ear to ground at the sfa regarding the general feeling there. As i said earlier, I hope I'm wrong but the timing and tone of that email concerns me.

KWJ
22-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Exactly, and it's not like we don't have previous.

Stranraer 1999 towards end of 1st div. Mind the tannoy boy asking the kids to stop playing football on the pitch (this one felt quite funny at the time)
Firhill 1999 after winning 1st Div, folk dug up some of the pitch for this one too.
ER v Falkirk 1999 at end of first div season.
ER v Rangers 2005, helicopter Sunday when Mowbray's team clinched 3rd. (Rangers fans ran on after us).
ER 2007 League Cup final celebrations (this one pissed me off royally as the celebrations were cut short in the ground)

Maybe some since then that I can't mind but basically - we have previous.

As quoted poster said, we'll get hammered for another pitch invasion.

BSEJVT
22-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Its a pre-emptive strike by the club, simply saying we recognise our blame in this and are working to put our house in order.

The less recommendations the Independent Commission have to make us enforce going forward, the harder it will be for them to clobber us.

It's Hibs simply trying to mitigate whatever punishment is coming down the line, like an early guilty plea for a lesser sentence in court.

Those of you who cant see that and are decrying the club for issuing the statement need to get with the programme and accept it, read it, adhere to it and move on.

hibsmad
22-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Exactly, and it's not like we don't have previous.

Stranraer 1999 towards end of 1st div. Mind the tannoy boy asking the kids to stop playing football on the pitch (this one felt quite funny at the time)
Firhill 1999 after winning 1st Div, folk dug up some of the pitch for this one too.
ER v Falkirk 1999 at end of first div season.
ER v Rangers 2005, helicopter Sunday when Mowbray's team clinched 3rd. (Rangers fans ran on after us).
ER 2007 League Cup final celebrations (this one pissed me off royally as the celebrations were cut short in the ground)

Maybe some since then that I can't mind but basically - we have previous.

As quoted poster said, we'll get hammered for another pitch invasion.

I'm glad someone has posted this. I'd wanted to but couldn't be bothered looking back for specific matches.

The Scottish Cup Final is the best feeling I will ever have at a football match. However it seems like the majority of the times recently when we have achieved anything, First Division, 3rd place finish, League Cup, Scottish Cup, there has been a pitch invasion connected to it.

It's for this reason that I can't buy the "it's only because it was so dramatic excuse".

I agree with you regarding 2007. The players were hardly on the pitch even though Grant Stott was there appealing for folk to get off.

Maybe it'll be different when we win the Championship this year ...

hibsmad
22-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Sorry but that part about the Rangers game in 2005 is just a lie.

I wasn't at the game that day as I was on holiday. I do remember people telling me that fans of both clubs were trying to get on the pitch.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Hibs have no option but to say the right thing regarding the pitch invasion. I'm sure if you spoke to Leeann Dempster on a personal level, she wouldn't condemn anyone who simply ran onto the pitch to celebrate after the match and that's exactly why no-one who was just simply on the park will receive any punishment. It was an understandable and inevitable reaction to winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

However, technically everyone who went onto the pitch at the end has committed a criminal offence and could, in theory, be arrested and charged for doing so. Clearly that won't happen given the number of people involved in the invasion but Hibs cannot be seen to accept or condone any criminal acts, no matter how innocent the intention was.

Mr White
22-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Those of you who cant see that and are decrying the club for issuing the statement need to get with the programme and accept it, read it, adhere to it and move on.

Those you refer to should be thankful you've arrived to put them in their place. Heaven forbid people might make their own mind up and express an opinion about a communication that's landed in their inbox.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 06:47 PM
I wasn't at the game that day as I was on holiday. I do remember people telling me that fans of both clubs were trying to get on the pitch.

Rangers fans invaded the pitch, given the circumstances it's understandable.

The number of Hibs fans who entered the park was minimal to non existent and was after the Rangers fans done so. There's plenty video evidence on Youtube showing who does and doesn't go on the park.

hibsmad
22-06-2016, 06:57 PM

The number of Hibs fans who entered the park was minimal to non existent and was after the Rangers fans done so. There's plenty video evidence on Youtube showing who does and doesn't go on the park.

:aok:

Unfortunately I still think the club has a bit of an issue with pitch invasions. I honestly think that if Stokes opening goal had been the only goal of the game that there still would have been one.

The club will be well aware of previous instances and whatever the fine is this time around, we will leave ourselves all too open to further fines in the future unless they "get us telt".

1875STEVE
22-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Same here.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 07:11 PM
We promise not to go on the pitch ever again. Unless we dont win the Scottish cup for over 114 years then win it or win the SPFL.Deal?

silverhibee
22-06-2016, 07:14 PM
What punishment did Motherwell get for there fans coming on to the pitch for the play off's.

Since90+2
22-06-2016, 07:16 PM
What punishment did Motherwell get for there fans coming on to the pitch for the play off's.

And how many of their fans got lifted for going onto the pitch?

Col2
22-06-2016, 07:17 PM
At the end of the day the email is right and needs to be said.

Nothing will ever dampen May 21st 2016 however the reality is the pitch invasion has created a big issue for the club and the behaviour of some fans has caused embarrassment. It happened once with good reasons based on emotion and joy but should never happen again. That is what the club are saying. Zero tolerance for anyone who does it again in a future game I would suggest.

PatHead
22-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Delayed punishment for 18 months but main problem was lack of stewarding, not murdering players and officials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35527397

Gordy M
22-06-2016, 07:24 PM
I heard that the damage to those electronic advertising boards was estimated as costing over £100k. I think this is where the fans going onto the pitch may cost us financially in respect of fines etc.

Ray_
22-06-2016, 07:27 PM
At the end of the day the email is right and needs to be said.

Nothing will ever dampen May 21st 2016 however the reality is the pitch invasion has created a big issue for the club and the behaviour of some fans has caused embarrassment. It happened once with good reasons based on emotion and joy but should never happen again. That is what the club are saying. Zero tolerance for anyone who does it again in a future game I would suggest.

Of course it needs to be said, poor Warbo was that traumatised by the event that it is only this week that he has managed to crawl out from behind his settee. Nothing to laugh about that, I had a similar experience when I first encountered the daleks on TV in the sixties, it took me a month to come back out as well!

[PS Col2, no reflection on what you said, just aimed at the whole melodramatic attitude of the commentators and Rangers FC during and immediately after the event.]

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2016, 07:31 PM
She hasn't been hard enough in that email. The club is going to get a hefty fine because of the selfish and brainless actions of a minority of fans.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Nice email point taken,hope all that ran onto the pitch thoroughly enjoyed themselves, it was a fantastic occasion and a totally understandable reaction. Just don't do it again.

green day
22-06-2016, 07:50 PM
I heard that the damage to those electronic advertising boards was estimated as costing over £100k. I think this is where the fans going onto the pitch may cost us financially in respect of fines etc.
Who from "a guy on Twitter"? They are insured.

Gordy M
22-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Who from "a guy on Twitter"? They are insured.

Nope...someone who works with the sfa is that ok with you. Did i say hibs would have to pay for it??

Weststandwanab
22-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Guess everyone is getting the e-mail.

Sorry boss, won't happen again. :thumbsup:

Never happened at all here !

I agree.

No.

Nope...someone who works with the sfa is that ok with you. Did i say hibs would have to pay for it??

Hibs will have requested the official footage from Hampden but as it is subject to a Criminal Investigation it will not be released until that investigation is completed.

In my opinion.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Understandable email although I did expect to receive it sooner?

Ultimately the club has to be seen to reprimand the support and as they have no idea of who ran on the pitch have emailed everyone. Personally I have no issue with it. I ran on the pitch and will happily contribute to any fine we get in regards to that. I won't however pay for the people that felt the urge to go towards the away end.

That feeling at the final whistle will remain with me forever. Sometimes in life you have no idea what to do so let your body take control. That's how it went for me that day. When we win the Scottish again I'd expect a bit more decorum and fans waiting at their seats for the lap of honour while we belt out our anthem.

Often it's the bully that shouts first and loudest after being embarrassed and that's what's happened here. The rangers are kicking and screaming because we had the audacity to beat them. The invasion caused minimal problems for any sane human that was there or saw it

Michael
22-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Not keen on the email - I find it a bit condescending and disrespectful. I know how to behave myself and have just spent hundreds of pounds on the club.

Presumably it was sent on advice that it would help when a decision is made on the clubs punishment.

green day
22-06-2016, 08:25 PM

"I think this is where the fans going onto the pitch may cost us financially in respect of fines etc"

Is what you said.......

hibby6270
22-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Haven't seen the e-mail but get the gist of what it's about from this thread. I get why it's been sent but the words are a bit OTT are they not?

Do individuals now need to fess up about previous misdemeanours?

Wasn't on the pitch at Hampden but I do admit to having a good run around at Firhill in 1999. Does that warrant a retrospective life or indefinite ban for me for eventually being honest? Shall I hand my ST back now to save that "knock at the door"?:cb:na na:

Beefster
22-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Not keen on the email - I find it a bit condescending and disrespectful. I know how to behave myself and have just spent hundreds of pounds on the club.

So did I. Saying that, I've had an aversion to being lectured when I haven't done anything wrong since I was about 12.

Gordy M
22-06-2016, 08:34 PM
"I think this is where the fans going onto the pitch may cost us financially in respect of fines etc"

Is what you said.......
Yes an i think they will. In respect of a fine. If fans had gone onto the park and there was no damage and obv no 'disorder' then i think it wouldve been minimal....if that damage is indeed correct then i think the fine will be heavier.....i never said they would have to pay the 100k as you suggested.

Kojock
22-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Well said Leeann. 21000 Hibs fans attended the final, 3000 or so decided it would be a good idea to go onto the pitch. Some of that 3000 decided it would be a good idea to break goal posts, dig up turf and fight with the Rangers fans.
Thing is if no Hibs fans entered the pitch then it's highly likely that no Rangers fans would have ran into the pitch.
If/when Hibs get fined don't complain that we cant afford to sign a certain player as some of the season ticket money went to pay the fine.

KWJ
22-06-2016, 08:36 PM

I'm going by my 11 year memories of it that were further diluted at the Eels gig later that night.

Final whistle went and both the teams went away. Hibs players then went round the ground wearing a t shirt, kicking beachballs and wearing sombreros. Hibs fans got on the pitch and our players left, some Rangers fans may have got on then too. Hibs fans got off the pitch and then loads of Rangers fans came on the pitch before being removed so they could be given the trophy, think I left before they lifted it.

Can't access youtube at work so will refresh my memory later.

May have a few things in the wrong order and at the time it didn't dampen any spirits, was a proper strange day.

I'm just pointing out that they add up.

And I'm bitter that I wasn't there in May :wink:

Leith Green
22-06-2016, 08:43 PM
I'm going by my 11 year memories of it that were further diluted at the Eels gig later that night.

Final whistle went and both the teams went away. Hibs players then went round the ground wearing a t shirt, kicking beachballs and wearing sombreros. Hibs fans got on the pitch and our players left, some Rangers fans may have got on then too. Hibs fans got off the pitch and then loads of Rangers fans came on the pitch before being removed so they could be given the trophy, think I left before they lifted it.

May have a few things in the wrong order and at the time it didn't dampen any spirits, was a proper strange day.

You have it the wrong way round. The huns came on the pitch 1st , then the hibs fans came on after that, police horses etc came on when hibs came on the pitch. I remember the huns getting chased back into the away end by the hibs fans

KWJ
22-06-2016, 08:45 PM
You have it the wrong way round. The huns came on the pitch 1st , then the hibs fans came on after that, police horses etc came on when hibs came on the pitch. I remember the huns getting chased back into the away end by the hibs fans

Ah, now you mention it that does ring a bell.

Mental day! I'm surprised it's not been referenced in the media (that I've seen).

Leith Green
22-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Ah, now you mention it that does ring a bell.

Mental day! I'm surprised it's not been referenced in the media (that I've seen).

Wonder why eh?

KWJ
22-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Wonder why eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/4565709.stm

Last couple of lines. Wow!

Delboy4
22-06-2016, 09:07 PM
I think she has been forced into sending that e-mail they way she has worded it because I was told from someone in the SFA
that they were considering banning us from next years Scottish Cup.

Hopefully the SFA are seeing sense now and just giving us a large fine.

Ronniekirk
22-06-2016, 09:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/4565709.stm

Last couple of lines. Wow!

Yep it was ok for them to be over exuberant that day

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Yep it was ok for them to be over exuberant that day

Example of what I've thought all along. The most triumphalist set of supporters yet can't take it when they are second best

wookie70
22-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Never really enjoyed being told off for something I haven't done and won't do in the future. I appreciate the club's position and I will file it as junk mail. I really hope if there is a sizable fine that those who invaded the pitch get their hands in their pockets to contribute to the fine. Hopefully the actions from the club will limit the fine and any other punishment.

JimBHibees
22-06-2016, 09:19 PM

Can't remember any Hibs fans on the pitch at that game only Rangers.

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 09:31 PM
:aok:

Unfortunately I still think the club has a bit of an issue with pitch invasions. I honestly think that if Stokes opening goal had been the only goal of the game that there still would have been one.

The club will be well aware of previous instances and whatever the fine is this time around, we will leave ourselves all too open to further fines in the future unless they "get us telt".

I dont think we have an issue at all. Six in 18 years including 3 in a year is hardly an issue.

Hibby70
22-06-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't care what she says. I'm still invading the pitch when we win the Europa League.

hibee
22-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Don't agree. Think the email was fair comment.

Are you expecting them to take weeks identifying every single fan who was on the pitch and only contact them? I'd rather they concentrated on getting a winning squad together for next season.

Not expecting them to be able to identify all of them but still annoyed at receiving the email and even more annoyed that they sent it to my young kids who done nothing wrong.

Hibby70
22-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Just remembered getting a letter from Douglas Cromb telling me to behave in the North Stand.

Is it 3 strikes and you're out?

w pilton hibby
22-06-2016, 09:36 PM

From Saturdays Scottish Daily Mail:

Taxpayers face £800,000 bill over Hampden pitch invasion

Scottish Daily Mail

18 Jun 2016

By Jessica McKay

A COUNCIL is facing legal action for £800,000 by an advertising company that claims its hoardings were damaged in the Scottish Cup Final pitch invasion.

The Football Company Scotland (FCS) is using early 19th century legislation to seek the huge payout from Glasgow City Council, saying LED advertising hoardings at the Hampden match were damaged by fans.

But council sources said it ‘beggars belief’ that it could end up paying out for damage done by supporters.

The hoardings were damaged when fans invaded the pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers 3-2.

Now FCS has issued a claim to the council for £800,000, plus VAT, using the Riotous Assemblies (Scotland) Act 1822. It says the victim of ‘any unlawful, riotous or tumultuous assembly of persons’ can claim ‘full compensation for the loss or injury by summary action against the council’. It is understood the FCS claim relates to damage to its equipment.

A council source said: ‘Taxpayers will be appalled to learn they may have to foot the bill for vandalism at the cup final.

‘There’s footage all over the internet that clearly shows the blame for the damage lies with supposedly over-exuberant football fans. It beggars belief that some obscure, 200-year-old legislation could force the council to cover the cost of their behaviour.’

So far, 32 people have been arrested in relation to the riot after Hibs won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

Thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch and there were reports of alleged assaults on Rangers players. A number of Rangers supporters also came onto the pitch and clashed with rival fans.

The pitch invasion delayed the presentation of the trophy and there was no lap of honour by Hibs. The Rangers players received their medals in the dressing room.

FCS managing director Kenny Wittman said: ‘Our solicitors are looking at a number of different options regarding the Scottish Cup Final.’

A Glasgow City Council spokesman said: ‘A claim has been received and will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.’

Meanwhile, a fan involved in the invasion has admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting opposing fans.

John Galbraith, 31, pleaded guilty when he appeared from custody at Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday.

He admitted conducting himself in a disorderly manner during the football match, running onto the field of play and breaching the peace on May 21 at Hampden Park.

Galbraith, from Dumbarton, also admitted assaulting two opposition supporters by punching and kicking one and punching another.

He pleaded guilty to assaulting a security guard by seizing hold of him.

Sheriff Walter Mercer deferred sentence until next month.

He granted bail, with the special condition Galbraith does not attend any UK football match.

Three other men denied various charges when they appeared from custody at the same court.

Gary Bain, 40, of Pollok, Glasgow, is accused of running onto the field after the final whistle towards an opposition fan, raising his fist and behaving in an aggressive manner.

Mark Hendry, 42, from Shettleston in Glasgow is alleged to have entered the field, seized a corner flag pole and repeatedly swung the pole and hit opposition fans with it.

Steven Morrison, 21, from Glasgow’s Swinton, is accused of climbing a barrier and running onto the pitch, shouting, gesticulating at opposition supporters, singing sectarian songs and fighting with rival fans.

Each of the men was granted bail, with the condition they did not go to any UK football match. Trials were set for January next year.

SlickShoes
22-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Riot...

H113EE5
22-06-2016, 09:41 PM
She hasn't been hard enough in that email. The club is going to get a hefty fine because of the selfish and brainless actions of a minority of fans.

Thanks to the numpties who were on the pitch and worse up at the Huns end, we didn't get to see the photos of the team on the pitch behind "Scottish Cup Winners" sign or a lap of honour or the full repertoire of Proclaimer songs, just the one and I do admit that was great.

The club are quite correct, you brought the name of Hibs into disrepute.

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrr

H113EE5
22-06-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't care what she says. I'm still invading the pitch when we win the Europa League.

You're a bright one! Stay away, don't need the likes of you

SaulGoodman
22-06-2016, 09:46 PM
From Saturdays Scottish Daily Mail:

Taxpayers face £800,000 bill over Hampden pitch invasion

Scottish Daily Mail

18 Jun 2016

By Jessica McKay

A COUNCIL is facing legal action for £800,000 by an advertising company that claims its hoardings were damaged in the Scottish Cup Final pitch invasion.

The Football Company Scotland (FCS) is using early 19th century legislation to seek the huge payout from Glasgow City Council, saying LED advertising hoardings at the Hampden match were damaged by fans.

But council sources said it ‘beggars belief’ that it could end up paying out for damage done by supporters.

The hoardings were damaged when fans invaded the pitch after Hibernian beat Rangers 3-2.

Now FCS has issued a claim to the council for £800,000, plus VAT, using the Riotous Assemblies (Scotland) Act 1822. It says the victim of ‘any unlawful, riotous or tumultuous assembly of persons’ can claim ‘full compensation for the loss or injury by summary action against the council’. It is understood the FCS claim relates to damage to its equipment.

A council source said: ‘Taxpayers will be appalled to learn they may have to foot the bill for vandalism at the cup final.

‘There’s footage all over the internet that clearly shows the blame for the damage lies with supposedly over-exuberant football fans. It beggars belief that some obscure, 200-year-old legislation could force the council to cover the cost of their behaviour.’

So far, 32 people have been arrested in relation to the riot after Hibs won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

Thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch and there were reports of alleged assaults on Rangers players. A number of Rangers supporters also came onto the pitch and clashed with rival fans.

The pitch invasion delayed the presentation of the trophy and there was no lap of honour by Hibs. The Rangers players received their medals in the dressing room.

FCS managing director Kenny Wittman said: ‘Our solicitors are looking at a number of different options regarding the Scottish Cup Final.’

A Glasgow City Council spokesman said: ‘A claim has been received and will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.’

Meanwhile, a fan involved in the invasion has admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting opposing fans.

John Galbraith, 31, pleaded guilty when he appeared from custody at Glasgow Sheriff Court yesterday.

He admitted conducting himself in a disorderly manner during the football match, running onto the field of play and breaching the peace on May 21 at Hampden Park.

Galbraith, from Dumbarton, also admitted assaulting two opposition supporters by punching and kicking one and punching another.

He pleaded guilty to assaulting a security guard by seizing hold of him.

Sheriff Walter Mercer deferred sentence until next month.

He granted bail, with the special condition Galbraith does not attend any UK football match.

Three other men denied various charges when they appeared from custody at the same court.

Gary Bain, 40, of Pollok, Glasgow, is accused of running onto the field after the final whistle towards an opposition fan, raising his fist and behaving in an aggressive manner.

Mark Hendry, 42, from Shettleston in Glasgow is alleged to have entered the field, seized a corner flag pole and repeatedly swung the pole and hit opposition fans with it.

Steven Morrison, 21, from Glasgow’s Swinton, is accused of climbing a barrier and running onto the pitch, shouting, gesticulating at opposition supporters, singing sectarian songs and fighting with rival fans.

Each of the men was granted bail, with the condition they did not go to any UK football match. Trials were set for January next year.

Didn't realise Hibs had such a big following in Glasgow! Oh wait..

BSEJVT
22-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Those you refer to should be thankful you've arrived to put them in their place. Heaven forbid people might make their own mind up and express an opinion about a communication that's landed in their inbox.

Great insight and thoughtful reply

I take it your alternative is to let folk continue to bitch and whine about something the club have no choice over?

Maybe you posted on the wrong thread and you were trying to get on the other thread about how everybody moaned their puss off about everything Hibs?

Fwiw I prefer the positivity that surrounds the club and this board these days but each to their own.

Itsnoteasy
22-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks to the numpties who were on the pitch and worse up at the Huns end, we didn't get to see the photos of the team on the pitch behind "Scottish Cup Winners" sign or a lap of honour or the full repertoire of Proclaimer songs, just the one and I do admit that was great.

The club are quite correct, you brought the name of Hibs into disrepute.

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrr

Well said.

SJM
22-06-2016, 10:05 PM

Plenty on the pitch during the lap of honour, it was featured in that DVD of Mowbrays first season at Hibs. :agree:

Mr White
22-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Great insight and thoughtful reply

I take it your alternative is to let folk continue to bitch and whine about something the club have no choice over?

Maybe you posted on the wrong thread and you were trying to get on the other thread about how everybody moaned their puss off about everything Hibs?

Fwiw I prefer the positivity that surrounds the club and this board these days but each to their own.
If that's what people want to do then yes that would be my preference. What gives you the right to dictate what other people's opinion should be?

barcahibs
22-06-2016, 10:14 PM

Got to agree. I've got no problem with receiving the email, His can't be expected to single out everyone who went on the pitch, hopefully the message gets through.

I still can't get over, or understand, why Hibs fans, at that moment, in the heat of our greatest achievement of recent timed, chose to go noise up the huns.

We'd just won the Scottish cup. What on earth did that have to do with sevco? We should have been dancing in the stands, instead I was watching morons fighting. I'm ashamed to admit it but there is YouTube footage out there showing a fair few so called Hibs fans goading sevco fans who aren't on the pitch yet. Those fans deserve to be hammered.

At the time I wasn't actually that bothered, nothing could take the shine off the victory, but it's looking back now that it does bother me that we didn't get our lap of honour, a proper chance to celebrate with the players.

And I agree with the former poster that we've got form for this, the Easter Road debacle after the league cup win where idiots again couldn't keep off the pitch.

Each to their own of course, I know the majority of those on the pitch were there peacefully and just enjoying themselves, but I hope they know that their selfish moment of exuberance took some of the happiness of the occasion away from others.

Having said all that... We're still the Scottish cup holders and nothing changes that :)

hibsmad
22-06-2016, 10:26 PM
I dont think we have an issue at all. Six in 18 years including 3 in a year is hardly an issue.

Its not like we have a reason to invade the pitch every year.

Considering our relatively poor performance for the majority of those 18 years, I'd suggest 6 isn't a great record.

The Green Goblin
22-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Plenty on the pitch during the lap of honour, it was featured in that DVD of Mowbrays first season at Hibs. :agree:

:agree: See the attached photo. As others have said, it was all fine that day...

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 10:35 PM
:agree: See the attached photo. As others have said, it was all fine that day...

I felt goaded that day.

madabouthibs
22-06-2016, 10:38 PM
I assume the Killie chief exec will be emailing all the killie fans after the play off final pitch riot? 😁

CentreLine
23-06-2016, 05:31 AM
You're a bright one! Stay away, don't need the likes of you

😂 I think there's a bit of a whoosh moment here.

BSEJVT
23-06-2016, 05:50 AM
If that's what people want to do then yes that would be my preference. What gives you the right to dictate what other people's opinion should be?

Because it pointless and faux outrage and perpetuates the issue.

It's look at me stuff instead of what's for the good of the club.

Folk should never have been anywhere near the pitch in the first place and like it or not their selfish actions have led to everything that has and will folow.

Instead of pontificating about how hurt their feelings are by receiving an email, they should suck it up and move on.

Clearly I can't dictate anything to anybody but like you am entitled to an opinion and to be able to express it

poolman
23-06-2016, 05:56 AM
you're a bright one! Stay away, don't need the likes of you

wwwhhhoooossshhh

Mr White
23-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Because it pointless and faux outrage and perpetuates the issue.

It's look at me stuff instead of what's for the good of the club.

Folk should never have been anywhere near the pitch in the first place and like it or not their selfish actions have led to everything that has and will folow.

Instead of pontificating about how hurt their feelings are by receiving an email, they should suck it up and move on.

Clearly I can't dictate anything to anybody but like you am entitled to an opinion and to be able to express it

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. It's the suggestion that other people aren't (or at least shouldn't express theirs) that I disagree with.

hibsbollah
23-06-2016, 06:25 AM
If the email helps to minimise the punishment the club receives surely that makes it worthwhile?

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 06:31 AM
If the email helps to minimise the punishment the club receives surely that makes it worthwhile?

Agree totally.

Septimus
23-06-2016, 06:36 AM
The supporters who went on to the pitch know who they are. Whatever Hibs get as a fine these supporters may feel obliged to pay. We will see then if they are real supporters.

Onion
23-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Got to agree. I've got no problem with receiving the email, His can't be expected to single out everyone who went on the pitch, hopefully the message gets through.

I still can't get over, or understand, why Hibs fans, at that moment, in the heat of our greatest achievement of recent timed, chose to go noise up the huns.

We'd just won the Scottish cup. What on earth did that have to do with sevco? We should have been dancing in the stands, instead I was watching morons fighting. I'm ashamed to admit it but there is YouTube footage out there showing a fair few so called Hibs fans goading sevco fans who aren't on the pitch yet. Those fans deserve to be hammered.

At the time I wasn't actually that bothered, nothing could take the shine off the victory, but it's looking back now that it does bother me that we didn't get our lap of honour, a proper chance to celebrate with the players.

And I agree with the former poster that we've got form for this, the Easter Road debacle after the league cup win where idiots again couldn't keep off the pitch.

Each to their own of course, I know the majority of those on the pitch were there peacefully and just enjoying themselves, but I hope they know that their selfish moment of exuberance took some of the happiness of the occasion away from others.

Having said all that... We're still the Scottish cup holders and nothing changes that :)

Agreed. Every fan who invaded the pitch was selfish and denied the Hibs supporters the opportunity to see the players parade the trophy at Hampden. Those that chose to start goading the Sevco fans are idiots and deserve everything that's coming to them. But I still blame the police for allowing the events to unfold. There were clear alarm bells going off when Gray scored, so their inaction was inexcusable. Simetimes folk need protecting from themselves, and that was the case at Hampden when so many understandably lost their minds at FT.

As soon as you saw Hibs fans running onto the pitch you knew it was not going to end well. In fact, all you need to do is watch some of the videos taken at FT and you can visibly see the mood of Hibs fans in the stands change the moment they see all the others spilling onto the pitch. Nothing will take away the feelings of 21/5, but those who ran onto the pitch need to accept responsibility for the aftermath.

Jack
23-06-2016, 06:50 AM
How good would it have been if, four weeks after the final, we were still talking about the football instead of what happened afterwards and fretting over what sanctions might be applied to our club.

southern hibby
23-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Maybe I'm being naive but surely the SFA should be held accountable. Hampdump is their National Stadium and they organise Police and Stewarding numbers. If they got their numbers wrong and never had enough inside the ground to control either set of fans never mind both.
Hibs should be sending an e-mail to the SFA saying sorry but this is unnecaptable and if and when we get a fine we will be seeking legal compensation through the courts for fines incurred. Also it should be strongly worded that they cannot be held responsible for for fans invading pitch when they had no means to patrol said fans at the final whistle.
I would indeed take it further and say if it comes out in the inquiry that Police Officers left the stadium to clear a rout for the cup to go to Ibrox while the game was still being played and outcome of game undecided and said Police Officers were not in the stadium to police game again Hibs should not be held responsible for neglect of duty on a magnitude unpresidented in Scottish Football.
Not sure if anything would come of it but if we did threaten to take this to court then maybe just maybe the SFA will think twice before hammering us.

GGTTH

oneone73
23-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Maybe I'm being naive but surely the SFA should be held accountable. Hampdump is their National Stadium and they organise Police and Stewarding numbers. If they got their numbers wrong and never had enough inside the ground to control either set of fans never mind both.
Hibs should be sending an e-mail to the SFA saying sorry but this is unnecaptable and if and when we get a fine we will be seeking legal compensation through the courts for fines incurred. Also it should be strongly worded that they cannot be held responsible for for fans invading pitch when they had no means to patrol said fans at the final whistle.
I would indeed take it further and say if it comes out in the inquiry that Police Officers left the stadium to clear a rout for the cup to go to Ibrox while the game was still being played and outcome of game undecided and said Police Officers were not in the stadium to police game again Hibs should not be held responsible for neglect of duty on a magnitude unpresidented in Scottish Football.
Not sure if anything would come of it but if we did threaten to take this to court then maybe just maybe the SFA will think twice before hammering us.

GGTTH
I hardly think Petrie is going to sanction that!

southern hibby
23-06-2016, 07:32 AM
I hardly think Petrie is going to sanction that!

Neither do I unfortunately, however we live in hope.

GGTTH

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Never really enjoyed being told off for something I haven't done and won't do in the future. I appreciate the club's position and I will file it as junk mail. I really hope if there is a sizable fine that those who invaded the pitch get their hands in their pockets to contribute to the fine. Hopefully the actions from the club will limit the fine and any other punishment.
I would regard paying

380 for my ST
roughly another 350-450 on away games and travel
£100+ on merchandise and Ht ticket raffle + other match day expenses

as "putting my hands in my pocket".

sleeping giant
23-06-2016, 08:10 AM
I would regard paying

380 for my ST

I'm not really sure what you are meaning ?

Are you saying the folk who damaged stuff should not have to pay for it as long as the have a season ticket and have bought a scarf?

SouthMoroccoStu
23-06-2016, 08:10 AM

But we were only running on to protect our players :wink:

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm not really sure what you are meaning ?

Are you saying the folk who damaged stuff should not have to pay for it as long as the have a season ticket and have bought a scarf?

No I am saying they can use that income from me as a donation, as for the past 5 years that's all it has been, its not been rewarded or justified , However onwards and upwards i don't think this will be the case in the near future.

wookie70
23-06-2016, 08:28 AM
I would regard paying

380 for my ST

That's putting your hand in your pocket and receiving back. If you went on the pitch and particularly if you caused damage or trouble you have potentially taken something from the club. Maybe financial but certainly reputational. I'm old school so when I do something wrong I tend to admit it and do my best to make recompense. Recompense in this situation is doing your best to help pay a fine if you are one of fans who made the club incur it in the first place.
I am pretty much the same as you in terms of outlay but with Hibs TV on top plus 2 kids. If the fine is substantial many fans contributions will be wiped off the balance sheet because of the actions of those who invaded. It was perhaps an understandable reaction to an amazing situation but that doesn't excuse an unlawful act which may cost the club dearly.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 08:45 AM
That's putting your hand in your pocket and receiving back. If you went on the pitch and particularly if you caused damage or trouble you have potentially taken something from the club. Maybe financial but certainly reputational. I'm old school so when I do something wrong I tend to admit it and do my best to make recompense. Recompense in this situation is doing your best to help pay a fine if you are one of fans who made the club incur it in the first place.
I am pretty much the same as you in terms of outlay but with Hibs TV on top plus 2 kids. If the fine is substantial many fans contributions will be wiped off the balance sheet because of the actions of those who invaded. It was perhaps an understandable reaction to an amazing situation but that doesn't excuse an unlawful act which may cost the club dearly.

Receiving back what over the past 6-7 years? Things are positive at the minute so don't want to get into a negative debate over pricing etc.

I understand it was an unlawful act, inexcusable for police and other authorities, It happens all over the country however and was always going to happen when we won the SC, it would have been naive to think otherwise. This isn't solely a Hibs issue. Financially we may get punished but the years of overpricing and lack of reward compensates for that in my opinion - which i accept may anger others.

SquashedFrogg
23-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Mibbies a really silly question but why do the club get fined? Surely it's the responsibility of SFA and associated security for not preventing it? And the fans for being very happy... :greengrin

The club sold us tickets supplied by the SFA which clearly state pitch invasions are illegal. If I bought fireworks from Tesco and launched one at the neighbours cat - Tesco wouldn't get fined?

Not sure why the club are culpable and what they could've done to prevent it tbh.

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:11 AM
No I am saying they can use that income from me as a donation, as for the past 5 years that's all it has been, its not been rewarded or justified , However onwards and upwards i don't think this will be the case in the near future.

What a load of pish. It simple terms your 'reward' for buying a season ticket is entry to the games. Same as my reward for buying a pint of milk is having milk.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 09:17 AM
What a load of pish. It simple terms your 'reward' for buying a season ticket is entry to the games. Same as my reward for buying a pint of milk is having milk.
Would you pay £3 for milk

marinello59
23-06-2016, 09:19 AM

You are not even making any sense now. You got what you paid for.

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Would you pay £3 for milk

If it was priced at £3 and I wanted it, aye. Nobody would have a gun to my head telling me I had to get it.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 09:26 AM
If it was priced at £3 and I wanted it, aye. Nobody would have a gun to my head telling me I had to get it.
This is why comparing someone buying milk and me renewing my season ticket for 10 years isn't a very good comparison.

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:31 AM
This is why comparing someone buying milk and me renewing my season ticket for 10 years isn't a very good comparison.

:faf: someone have a gun to your head when you bought your season ticket.

Did they, aye?

ancient hibee
23-06-2016, 09:31 AM

Well why did you draw the comparison?

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 09:35 AM
:faf: someone have a gun to your head when you bought your season ticket.

Did they, aye?
Somehow i think my emotional attachment to Hibs slightly outweighs my emotional attachment to purchasing a pint of milk.

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2016, 09:36 AM

It was your comparison

matty_f
23-06-2016, 09:40 AM
Somehow i think my emotional attachment to Hibs slightly outweighs my emotional attachment to purchasing a pint of milk.

You're (I presume) a grown up though, aye? You knew the price of the season ticket and what that money gets you? You had a choice as to whether you bought one or not.

The season ticket is the reward for buying a season ticket.

"I'll take the season ticket for nowt but take the cash as a donation" is just idiotic nonsense.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 09:52 AM
You're (I presume) a grown up though, aye? You knew the price of the season ticket and what that money gets you? You had a choice as to whether you bought one or not.

The season ticket is the reward for buying a season ticket.

"I'll take the season ticket for nowt but take the cash as a donation" is just idiotic nonsense.

Your missing my whole point

Price of a ST is over priced especially for what I have been watching

I will continue to buy a season ticket due to emotional attachment and the hope that the new season will finally be worth it .

For the past 5 years ( 3 years in particular) The over pricing of S tickets should come into consideration if asking fans to "dip in to their/my pocket"

wookie70
23-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Receiving back what over the past 6-7 years? Things are positive at the minute so don't want to get into a negative debate over pricing etc.

I understand it was an unlawful act, inexcusable for police and other authorities, It happens all over the country however and was always going to happen when we won the SC, it would have been naive to think otherwise. This isn't solely a Hibs issue. Financially we may get punished but the years of overpricing and lack of reward compensates for that in my opinion - which i accept may anger others.

Using excuses like the Police never handled it well or it happens elsewhere is very lame imo. Hibs fans let themselves and the club down. Hibs will more than likely get a big fine to pay. The fans who invaded have a morale decision to make. They caused reputational damage to Hibs, they stopped the player’s lap of honour, they may have cost the club in the future for extra stewards etc, they caused damage to the reputation of football fans, Scottish football and football in general. The question they need to answer is are they going to pay for their actions or do they expect the fans who behaved and the club as a whole to pay for it.

Hibs put season tickets up for sale - you decide they are worth buying. You decide to buy a season ticket - your decision and responsibility. You decide to go on the pitch - your decision- your responsibility. Hibs get fined for your actions - You think that is Hibs responsibility. I call that not taking responsibility for your own actions.

Were you trying to get value for money for past season tickets when you ran onto the pitch, I can't imagine that ran through your head when the final whistle went. Looks to me more like you are you putting up a very weak argument in defence of a perhaps understandable reaction but an indefensible act.

McD
23-06-2016, 09:55 AM
I would regard paying

380 for my ST

That at makes it ok to break the law?

And for the thousands who do just as you do and spend as much as you do, but chose not to break the law, by your logic they presumably get a refund?

Blaster
23-06-2016, 09:56 AM

I will continue to buy a season ticket due to emotional attachment and the hope that the new season will finally be worth it.

For the past 5 years ( 3 years in particular) The over pricing of S tickets should come into consideration if asking fans to "dip in to their/my pocket"

But the point of your season ticket money is towards our player budget

If some of that money is needed to pay a fine then the playing budget is reduced. Therefore hibs lose out because people went in the pitch

The value of the season ticket is irrelevant to this discussion

McD
23-06-2016, 09:57 AM

I will continue to buy a season ticket due to emotional attachment and the hope that the new season will finally be worth it .

Whether a season ticket is over priced is your opinion.

invading the pitch is illegal. That's a fact. And if the club is fined because of that, it will be a fact that the club's finances have been impacted negatively by the act of a small number of fans.

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2016, 09:58 AM
I am amazed at the reaction of a few to this email. Words used such as condescending, pathetic and disrespectful.

Surely we are all wise enough to realise the club are purely building a case for defence. I didn't go on to the pitch, but the email doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't expect them to find out every single individual that went on the pitch and contact them. Unfortunately the pitch invasion and following sporadic fighting unfortunately made big news. If no-one had went on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this position. I am 100% behind the club doing everyhting they can to try and avoid huge sanctions and fines.

McD
23-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Using excuses like the Police never handled it well or it happens elsewhere is very lame imo. Hibs fans let themselves and the club down. Hibs will more than likely get a big fine to pay. The fans who invaded have a morale decision to make. They caused reputational damage to Hibs, they stopped the player’s lap of honour, they may have cost the club in the future for extra stewards etc, they caused damage to the reputation of football fans, Scottish football and football in general. The question they need to answer is are they going to pay for their actions or do they expect the fans who behaved and the club as a whole to pay for it.

Hibs put season tickets up for sale - you decide they are worth buying. You decide to buy a season ticket - your decision and responsibility. You decide to go on the pitch - your decision- your responsibility. Hibs get fined for your actions - You think that is Hibs responsibility. I call that not taking responsibility for your own actions.

Were you trying to get value for money for past season tickets when you ran onto the pitch, I can't imagine that ran through your head when the final whistle went. Looks to me more like you are you putting up a very weak argument in defence of a perhaps understandable reaction but an indefensible act.

:agree::top marks

Kato
23-06-2016, 10:30 AM
I am amazed at the reaction of a few to this email. Words used such as condescending, pathetic and disrespectful.

Surely we are all wise enough to realise the club are purely building a case for defence. I didn't go on to the pitch, but the email doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't expect them to find out every single individual that went on the pitch and contact them. Unfortunately the pitch invasion and following sporadic fighting unfortunately made big news. If no-one had went on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this position. I am 100% behind the club doing everyhting they can to try and avoid huge sanctions and fines.

I'm in the same boat and agree. The wording is more for outside inspection than internal reprimanding.

cmcd
23-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Agreed. Every fan who invaded the pitch was selfish and denied the Hibs supporters the opportunity to see the players parade the trophy at Hampden. Those that chose to start goading the Sevco fans are idiots and deserve everything that's coming to them. But I still blame the police for allowing the events to unfold. There were clear alarm bells going off when Gray scored, so their inaction was inexcusable. Simetimes folk need protecting from themselves, and that was the case at Hampden when so many understandably lost their minds at FT.

As soon as you saw Hibs fans running onto the pitch you knew it was not going to end well. In fact, all you need to do is watch some of the videos taken at FT and you can visibly see the mood of Hibs fans in the stands change the moment they see all the others spilling onto the pitch. Nothing will take away the feelings of 21/5, but those who ran onto the pitch need to accept responsibility for the aftermath.
Very good post

silverhibee
23-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Have the SFA/SPFL taken action against Kilmarnock for the pitch invasion that took place at the end of the season against Falkirk, how many dawn raids have taken place by Scottish Police and how many arrested for this incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXmAeDinJU

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Have the SFA/SPFL taken action against Kilmarnock for the pitch invasion that took place at the end of the season against Falkirk, how many dawn raids have taken place by Scottish Police and how many arrested for this incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXmAeDinJU

Wonder if Kilmarnock fans are turning on their own over it as well, then again they havnt had to put up with the over exaggeration of the SFA and self pitying spiteful Huns.

WeeRussell
23-06-2016, 11:22 AM

1. Maybe you should review your decision-making process if you have been making the wrong investment for the last 10 years!

2. 21.05.16 was worth ten years of season tickets alone.

Since90+2
23-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Should send the video of the Kilmarnock pitch invasion and ask the SPFL to clarify if any sanctions will be applied to Kilmarnock.

I know SFA and SPFL are two separate bodies but they will not want to appear to have a wedge in what they punish and what they dont.

Beefster
23-06-2016, 11:27 AM
I would regard paying

380 for my ST

Agreed. Ages ago, I bought my old man a pair of M&S socks but I've always felt slightly cheated. I've just tanned their window in so that I get my money's worth.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Agreed. Ages ago, I bought my old man a pair of M&S socks but I've always felt slightly cheated. I've just tanned their window in so that I get my money's worth.

pacoluna
23-06-2016, 11:33 AM
1. Maybe you should review your decision-making process if you have been making the wrong investment for the last 10 years!

2. 21.05.16 was worth ten years of season tickets alone.

The investment is driven through emotional attachment.

hibee_nation
23-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Pretty disgusted at this i was on the pitch at the final and at ER in 2005 and i never received an email. Petrie :grr:

Peevemor
23-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Pretty disgusted at this i was on the pitch at the final and at ER in 2005 and i never received an email. Petrie :grr:

Me too, in 1981 when we were promoted under Bertie Auld. Shambles of a club!

WeeRussell
23-06-2016, 11:38 AM
The investment is driven through emotional attachment.

So are my gambling investments. I have no right to tell Ladbrokes to consider the money I've punted down the swannie anything other than my own poor financial decisions.

McD
23-06-2016, 11:52 AM

I know I shouldn't, but I did :tee hee: at this :greengrin

--------
23-06-2016, 12:07 PM

I disagree. The pitch invasion at the end of the Final has damaged the club's reputation and allowed SEVCO and their pals in the media to insinuate that all the bad behaviour at the Final can be laid at the door of Hibernian.

The only people who should be on the pitch at any time are the players, the officials, and any appropriate people invited onto the pitch by the officials. No one should encroach on the field of play at any time.

Thanks to the people who went onto the pitch there was no proper presentation at the end of the game.

SEVCO were given an excuse to dodge having to accept their runners-up medals in front of the cameras. (I so wanted to see that!)

The Hibs players were prevented by the selfish behaviour of a minority from taking the Cup over to the supporters who had behaved correctly and remained in their seats - in effect, no lap of honour of any sort.

Interviews took place huddled in the tunnel instead of out on the pitch, and in stead of concentrating on the achievement of the players, manager, and back-up staff we had to listen to low-life like Davie Provan and Jim Traynor bad-mouthing the club and the team.

It's possible that Hibs will be fined for the behaviour of those who went onto the pitch - are they going to put their hands in their pockets to make good the deficit caused by their stupidity? I won't hold my breath. Any money paid in fines is money that could have been used to strengthen the team. It's possible that some folks who were thinking of getting STs were put off by the nonsense after the game.

And around where I live the Huns are STILL making like they occupy the moral high ground ...

Nice work, guys.

--------
23-06-2016, 12:22 PM

:top marks

Brizo
23-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Club are quite right to be seen to be doing everything they can to try and ensure that misbehaviour of this nature doesn't happen again.

Which makes me question why they have invited Birmingham City to a pre season friendly who not only have their own infamous mob but connections with the Rangers ICF. To arrange a potentially high risk "friendly" at the same time as they are doing everything they can to put our own house in order strikes me as bizarre. There are any number of other clubs they could have invited without any of the risks associated with BCFC.

As far as I'm concerned I draw a line between those who went onto the pitch and stayed in our half to celebrate in a non-destructive manner and those who did cause damage and those who also crossed the half way line to goad the huns. I know plenty decent fans who got caught up in the moment and went onto the their own half of the pitch to celebrate. The huns may be taking the moral high ground (if that's possible) but Hibs are the only one of the two clubs who are owning up to their fans misbehaviour.

Keith_M
23-06-2016, 01:01 PM
I would hereby like to apologise to all and sundry for watching the game on TV and imagining running onto the pitch.

In my head, I gave the The Rangers Fans a GIRUY, did a Klinsmann at the corner flag (no doubt removing a few blades of grass in the process) and bared my backside to Warbo as he respectfully marched out the Stadium a full 60 seconds after the final whistle.

I vow to contribute my fair share of any fine the club receive because of my imaginary actions.

:wink: