View Full Version : Hibs 5 East Fife 1

Torto7062
22-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Got to be the best ever subtitles ever.[emoji23]

https://youtu.be/CsPRDyIpakk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deansy
22-06-2016, 02:36 PM
What about that penalty, though ?. Good example to younger Hibees seeing this, that it's NOT just today's refs who are bent/incompetent - we've been getting them for decades !!

snooky
22-06-2016, 02:45 PM
What about that penalty, though ?. Good example to younger Hibees seeing this, that it's NOT just today's refs who are bent/incompetent - we've been getting them for decades !!

David Syme was one of many who will be remembered for his incompetence (aka bias), IIRC

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 04:01 PM
I'd forgotten how wooden Jim White's commentary was.

1987kev
22-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Who is the boy that scored the second and third? I've heard of him

Ronniekirk
22-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Who is the boy that scored the second and third? I've heard of him

Keith Houchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sas_The_Hibby
22-06-2016, 06:17 PM
I can't remember; was that the year we went on to finally win the Scottish Cup?

stantonhibby
22-06-2016, 06:28 PM
David Syme was one of many who will be remembered for his incompetence (aka bias), IIRC

David Syme from Rutherglen (not Glasgow)

1987kev
22-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Keith Houchen

Was he any good? Type of player was he?

jonny
22-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Was he any good? Type of player was he?

Big target man. I liked him, many didn't.

1987kev
22-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Big target man. I liked him, many didn't.

Just a had wee read about him. Did we pay £325,000 for him? If so that's a lot back in the day no wonder we were in trouble back then.

Ronniekirk
22-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I remember him as he scored a penalty at ibrox and we won One nil My Father had. Just passed away If you've read Fever Pitch you will get that reference
Seem to remember he had scored important Cup Winning goal for Coventry and think he scored on his debut
We paid similar amounts for Andy Goram and Brian Hamilton but Pat McGinley was a free transfer from Blackpool ( according to my scrapbook from that season and what a bargain that was and Collins and Kane were home grown players

Mr White
22-06-2016, 08:24 PM
I remember him as he scored a penalty at ibrox and we won One nil My Father had. Just passed away If you've read Fever Pitch you will get that reference
Seem to remember he had scored important Cup Winning goal for Coventry and think he scored on his debut
We paid similar amounts for Andy Goram and Brian Hamilton but Pat McGinley was a free transfer from Blackpool ( according to my scrapbook from that season and what a bargain that was and Collins and Kane were home grown players

It wasn't a penalty at ibrox ronnie it was a header from a john collins cross. He did however miss a penalty against fc liege

Newry Hibs
22-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Goalkeepers dressed properly. Same socks and shorts as the rest of team.

Aldo
22-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I remember him as he scored a penalty at ibrox and we won One nil My Father had. Just passed away If you've read Fever Pitch you will get that reference Seem to remember he had scored important Cup Winning goal for Coventry and think he scored on his debut We paid similar amounts for Andy Goram and Brian Hamilton but Pat McGinley was a free transfer from Blackpool ( according to my scrapbook from that season and what a bargain that was and Collins and Kane were home grown players Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scored on his debut at the PBS with a superb header. The away end was heaving that day (Gorgie Rd end) from a Neil Orr cross from a free kick!

Game finished 1-1 IIRC.

I thought Hamilton cost us £175,00 and we sold him to yams for £250,000.

Mr White
22-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Scored on his debut at the PBS with a superb header. The away end was heaving that day (Gorgie Rd end) from a Neil Orr cross from a free kick!

Game finished 1-1 IIRC.

I thought Hamilton cost us £175,00 and we sold him to yams for £250,000.
We lost at tynecastle that day unfortunately Aldo. Took the lead through houchy too.

Aldo
22-06-2016, 08:54 PM
We lost at tynecastle that day unfortunately Aldo. Took the lead through houchy too.

***** we did! I remember now. List it in last 10 or so. Robertson with winner!

I was even there! Auld age getting to me

Ronniekirk
22-06-2016, 09:01 PM

Aldo is as bad as me for not getting his facts right I wasn't at the i ibrox game but have told that story so many times over the years and must have convinced myself
I have it written Pat Stanton's the quiet man will need to go and check that now to see if I wrote it down wrong then and have kept repeating it ever since
Cheers for that Mr White

Mr White
22-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Aldo is as bad as me for not getting his facts right I wasn't at the i ibrox game but have told that story so many times over the years and must have convinced myself
I have it written Pat Stanton's the quiet man will need to go and check that now to see if I wrote it down wrong then and have kept repeating it ever since
Cheers for that Mr White

The next time we won at Ibrox after that was in 1995 when Darren Jackson scored a penalty Ronnie. Perhaps a misremembranation? :greengrin

davidw
22-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Keith Houchen

Nicknamed Houch, and then - aptly - Slouch.

BTW what a depressing looking stadium it was at that point.

tamig
22-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Torto's left peg. What a sweet cross he could send over.

tamig
22-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Torto's left peg. What a sweet cross he could send over.

Stoney Hibee
23-06-2016, 06:11 AM
Carlo Crolla was playing for the fifers, I have his autograph on the front of a programme some where. He was sitting in the old main stand along with some of the other reserve players of the day. I think Willie Jamieson could have been one of the others. I think that must have been just after we were promoted maybe 1981 or 1982.

Did he ever make a first team appearance for Hibs?

sambajustice
23-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Was that the day we ended East Fife as a club...?

Nixweb
25-06-2016, 09:54 AM
My first post here, just wanted to say I was mascot at Houchen's debut at Hearts. Held Gordon Rae's hand as we walked on and beat Goram with a 14 yard blast that sadly hit the bar. John Robertson Mis-hit the winner claiming that he got blinded by sunlight shining through a gap in the stand :(

eastmainsmsh
25-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Carlo Crolla was playing for the fifers, I have his autograph on the front of a programme some where. He was sitting in the old main stand along with some of the other reserve players of the day. I think Willie Jamieson could have been one of the others. I think that must have been just after we were promoted maybe 1981 or 1982.

Did he ever make a first team appearance for Hibs?

Remember Carlo Crolla playing for Whitburn Paul Taylor as well had a good junior team

emerald green
25-06-2016, 05:26 PM
The East Fife "defending" at Hibs first goal. :faf: