PDA

View Full Version : Brondby solo

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is going, or considering going to Brondby on their own?

I am looking into it, although not keen to book before it is confirmed

HappyHanlon
22-06-2016, 01:27 PM
I'll probably be travelling myself and meeting up with the troops over there.

Done it last time. A few scoops on the plane and a banter with randoms.

NoTottiNoParty
22-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Travelling myself on EasyJet flight but meeting my brother when his Ryanair flight comes in later in the day

MacBean
22-06-2016, 01:49 PM
easyjet flights Wed and Fri will be full of Hibees, you'll not be alone! Theres 12 of us going on those flights

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 01:55 PM
If I make it across I'll likely be going along. Happy with that as there will be plenty banter over there

St Pauli Hibee
22-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Im travelling alone 21yo male, was actually going to put up a thread regarding this, on the off chance of making friends with random Hibees either on the flight or over there

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 02:14 PM
I should because I'm a stud and those Scandinavian women will ravage me but can't because of work and money. Thems the breaks

staunchhibby
22-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Any sites for accomodation

KWJ
22-06-2016, 02:34 PM

check out the normal trivago, booking, tripadvisor kind places or if you don't mind staying at someone's house you can use airbnb.

hostelworld for hostels (I tend to use that to find what hostels are in the area and then go to their own websites).

twiceinathens
22-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Hoping to meet some fellow Hibees on EasyJet flight at 10.25 Wednesday

Itsnoteasy
22-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Register with AIR BNB. You stay in people's own houses. Most move out when you move in. I done it in Bordeaux for the Euros. I had a wee look and you can get a 6 bed house/flat in city centre of Copenhagen for £150 a night. If you get 6 people that's £25 a head per night. Bargain.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Cheers for the replies guys.

Im pretty happy travelling on my own generally, so it wouldnt put me off. Was just thinking it would be good to have dellow hibbies at the other end to have a sing song with!

Billy Whizz
22-06-2016, 09:20 PM
It's probably not so much the flights etc. What's more important is you're staying near the Hibee family in Copenhagen

HTD1875
22-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Getting the flight out on my own on Wednesday, meeting people over there though

Lancs Harp
22-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Can recommend AIR BNB I've used it a few times, even used it in Glasgow for the League cup final, can get some pretty decent places and at a good price. A good alternative to a hotel most of which in a place like Copenhagen are pretty pricey even for something modest.

Nevi_SOL
22-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Went on the Airbnb website and looked at a 1 pull out sofa and popped up 11 people are looking at this property for these dates. Haha

Lancs Harp
22-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Flights seem to have gone up in the last 24 hours too.

Yesterday you could fly from Manchester for less than £150, everything more than £250 now on skyscanner.

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Iceland won tonight. does not mean much, but you never know:whistle:

FifeHibs
25-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Probably going on own if mate can get time off work. Should be good craic though.

Tamhere1875
25-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Traveling on my own flying out on Wednesday night via Oslo (7hour stop over) staying at the cabbin city fly back on Saturday

mim
25-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Traveling out Tuesday 19th by Scandinavian Airlines at 13:25 from Edinburgh
Returning Saturday 13:50

Staying at Comfort Hotel Vesterbro

Flights only £174 :flag:

murray26
25-06-2016, 09:16 PM
I want to go but don't want to chance the unthinkable happening., budget us stretched but hope to be there when bronby is confirmed..

Col2
25-06-2016, 09:52 PM
I should because I'm a stud and those Scandinavian women will ravage me but can't because of work and money. Thems the breaks

That's the same for me. That and I am in Florida then with the wife and kids...

Marco G
25-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Travelling myself on EasyJet flight but meeting my brother when his Ryanair flight comes in later in the day
But maybe dont buy your tickets until we know who we are playing and when?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
26-06-2016, 11:23 AM
I have a ticket for Wed the 20th on the 1529 train from Waverly to Dyce(Aberdeen Airport) for sale, £12 face value. Railcard needed.

Arrives at 1802 nice timing for the 1930 flight to Copenhagen.

PM if interested. The tickets are to be collected at the machine, no need to meet I can just forward the booking.

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Can anyone see hibs chartering a flight? A fair few fans might benefit from this, and given the timescale we have to book after the result of who we will be playing is known this could be an option? What do you lads think?

staunchhibby
27-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Would be interested depending on cost.

Archie89
27-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Can anyone see hibs chartering a flight? A fair few fans might benefit from this, and given the timescale we have to book after the result of who we will be playing is known this could be an option? What do you lads think?

I'd imagine they would but availability would be limited and pretty pricey i would guess. If it wasn't daft money I might go for it.
I can't bring myself to book before I know the opposition for sure so by then it might be as cheap as any other option.

Billy Whizz
27-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I'd imagine they would but availability would be limited and pretty pricey i would guess. If it wasn't daft money I might go for it.
I can't bring myself to book before I know the opposition for sure so by then it might be as cheap as any other option.

A few years ago against Malmo, we only hired a 30 seater for the players etc, can see something similar this time

Frazerbob
27-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Traveling on my own flying out on Wednesday night via Oslo (7hour stop over) staying at the cabbin city fly back on Saturday

Take plenty money for your stop over. I had an hour to kill in Oslo airport a few months ago. 2 pints of Carlsberg and a wee cup of nuts cost 30 euros!

lucky
27-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Tweet the club and ask. But I can't see it

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Would be interested depending on cost.

A few years ago against Malmo, we only hired a 30 seater for the players etc, can see something similar this time

Tweet the club and ask. But I can't see it

I'd be very interested should it be flying out on the day of the game and returning right after it, or on the Friday.

I don't have Twitter but perhaps someone on here can do it. With enough interested numbers perhaps the club could do something.

murray26
27-06-2016, 06:23 PM
I'd also be interested in this.. Price dependant..

Billy Whizz
27-06-2016, 06:26 PM
I'd be very interested should it be flying out on the day of the game and returning right after it, or on the Friday.

I don't have Twitter but perhaps someone on here can do it. With enough interested numbers perhaps the club could do something.

Don't think the players can fly out on the day of the game

Edit, I've made an enquiry

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 06:28 PM
I'd also be interested in this.. Price dependant..

Yes, me too. I do remember the charter to the Ukraine being quite pricey and late due to a quarrel over who was paying for the fuel. I can mind being blootered on the flight and somehow some ranges managed to get carry outs on board. :drunk:

Billy Whizz
27-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Yes, me too. I do remember the charter to the Ukraine being quite pricey and late due to a quarrel over who was paying for the fuel. I can mind being blootered on the flight and somehow some ranges managed to get carry outs on board. :drunk:

Don't think this was anything to do with the club though?

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Don't think this was anything to do with the club though?

Canny mind billy. 11 years ago now. Hopefully the club recognise that there is quite a lot of interest in this.

Billy Whizz
27-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Canny mind billy. 11 years ago now. Hopefully the club recognise that there is quite a lot of interest in this.

It's because you said you were blootered

As an aside, probably more chance of a charter if it's Iceland, the 30 seaters may not have the range to do it in one swoop

murray26
27-06-2016, 06:37 PM

Sounded like a good trip.. Hopefully we can find something out soon.. I'll definitely keep checking on here for info..

Billy Whizz
27-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Sounded like a good trip.. Hopefully we can find something out soon.. I'll definitely keep checking on here for info..

Think it may have been the lad Thomas that did the Ukraine trip

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Think it may have been the lad Thomas that did the Ukraine trip

Thats the boy. Had a bad experience with one of his trips along with baldy foghorn a few years ago.

Hermit Crab
27-06-2016, 06:51 PM
It's because you said you were blootered

As an aside, probably more chance of a charter if it's Iceland, the 30 seaters may not have the range to do it in one swoop

Iceland would be a disaster as its hellish to get to and the flights are extortionate. Plus all the folk that have booked up for Denmark would be Donald ducked. Will hopefully have a better idea of who we are playing after the first leg on Thursday.

Archie89
27-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Think it was £400 odds, sure i left the house about 7 on the Thursday morning and was back about lunchtime on the friday, 4500 miles later!

Marco G
27-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Take plenty money for your stop over. I had an hour to kill in Oslo airport a few months ago. 2 pints of Carlsberg and a wee cup of nuts cost 30 euros!
Its not cheap there right enough. Maybe better buying the local beer though rather than the imported Danish one!

Marco G
27-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Its not cheap there right enough. Maybe better buying the local beer though rather than the imported Danish one!

Meant tgat it might have got you another bag of nuts!

soupy
28-06-2016, 06:04 AM

Buy duty free at Edinburgh, that's what I'll be doing 😑

I'm on the Oslo flight flight going in, is there a few doing this?

Frazerbob
28-06-2016, 08:16 AM

It was all they had on draught.....believe me, it (probably) wouldn't have been my first choice!

Tamhere1875
28-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Flighing Copenhagen via Oslo on Wednesday night got a 7 hour stop over in Oslo

Albanian Hibs
28-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Would be interested in a charter flight if it was to fly out on the day of the game and return right after it or the day after.

SteveHFC
28-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Would be interested in a charter flight if it was to fly out on the day of the game and return right after it or the day after.

This.

Frazerbob
28-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Any club charter with the players would leave the day before the game and return immediately after, getting home in the middle of the night.

FromTheCapital
28-06-2016, 10:50 PM
We're flying to Luton from Edinburgh on Wednesday night then from Luton to Copenhagen on Thursday morning, Copenhagen back to Luton on the Friday afternoon then Luton to Edinburgh on the Friday night.
Staying at the Scandic Glostrup hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk