PDA

View Full Version : The Wee Red Book

scoopyboy
22-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Is it oot yet?

Get one every season and yearned for 50 years to see the picture of Hibs with Scottish Cup Winners marked underneath it. :greengrin

:flag::flag::flag:

Siralbertkidd
22-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Is it oot yet? Get one every season and yearned for 50 years to see the picture of Hibs with Scottish Cup Winners marked underneath it. :greengrin :flag::flag::flag: Should be Complimentary to members of the 660 Clubhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/fahne8.gif

heretoday
22-06-2016, 11:56 AM
That'll be something else ticked off the bucket list. Hibs in the Wee Red Book as Cup Winners!

Ryan91
22-06-2016, 10:27 PM
looks like a digital copy is available here - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/wee_red_book/

not sure about a print edition though

Onion
23-06-2016, 07:04 AM
That'll be something else ticked off the bucket list. Hibs in the Wee Red Book as Cup Winners!

Wee Red Book, that takes me back. I've got a pewter tankard my dad bought me in 1977 which lists every Scottish Cup winner. Been stuck in a cupboard all these years as it was too depressing to look at. Just enough room to add the 2016 winners 😊

Bill Milne
23-06-2016, 07:53 AM
They have a page where the cup-winning team line-up is listed. Can't wait to see our team shown!!

LustForLeith
24-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I never realised they still did this!

OsloHibs
24-06-2016, 12:58 PM
What is this???

Iggy Pope
24-06-2016, 01:32 PM
What is this???

Its a small journal issued pre season by the Glasgow Evening Times (or it was, don't know if they still publish. I think the ****ing Record got involved). It goes as far back as the 1930s, maybe earlier.
It is pocket sized and contains all the forthcoming Scottish League fixtures as well as statistics from the previous season and a roll of honours as far back as time began. Nations side stats too.
It also lists in alphabetical order, players capped by Scotland at various levels, when and against whom. (it used to include Scottish League appearances at International level and U-23 appearances).
Crucially, the middle pages were taken up by glossy pictures of that seasons league and cup winners.......:wink:

Some of the earlier editions are collectable. Not hundreds, but a few quid.

60s to 80s it was something of a national staple. (Yes, it came with a couple of those too).

Time For Heroes
24-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Its a small journal issued pre season by the Glasgow Evening Times (or it was, don't know if they still publish. I think the ****ing Record got involved). It goes as far back as the 1930s, maybe earlier.
It is pocket sized and contains all the forthcoming Scottish League fixtures as well as statistics from the previous season and a roll of honours as far back as time began. Nations side stats too.
It also lists in alphabetical order, players capped by Scotland at various levels, when and against whom. (it used to include Scottish League appearances at International level and U-23 appearances).
Crucially, the middle pages were taken up by glossy pictures of that seasons league and cup winners.......:wink:

Some of the earlier editions are collectable. Not hundreds, but a few quid.

60s to 80s it was something of a national staple. (Yes, it came with a couple of those too).

cheers for that, never heard of it either

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-06-2016, 03:37 PM
My dad collected these for years. Genuinely didn't know they were still on the go I might need to purchase one.

Back in the late 90's and early 00's I spent many hours on the toilet reading this (pre mobile phones so it was either that or a bottle of shampoo) and finding out some entirely irrelevant facts then telling aww my pals at school haha