PDA

View Full Version : Just Watching The SC Final Again

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2016, 10:14 AM
You know what? I quite fancy us this time round.

worcesterhibby
22-06-2016, 10:20 AM
your joking aren't you..we always mess the big occasions up...just keep watching I'd put money on Kenny Miller to score the winner for Rangers.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Every time I watch it I switch the game off at 2-1 in total disgust and throw my scarf in the bin.

wfortune
22-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Every time I watch it I switch the game off at 2-1 in total disgust and throw my scarf in the bin.

And storm out the house? :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm wearing out my eyes watching the bloomin' thing :greengrin

Where the hell is the bloody DVD ..... c'mon Hibs get the finger oot. :grr:

Though if the delay is being caused by Hibs trying to persuade SKY to let us use their coverage I can live with that .... in spite of Andy bloody Walker anything other than the SKY commentators brilliant description of the winning goal will be a let down ..... "what a moment this is" ... "its Liam Henderson to delivaaaaaaaahhhhh"

Iconic commentary to go with an iconic moment ...... are you listening Hibs.

Of course the other reason for the delay could be Hibs deliberating over just how much of the pitch invasion to include in the finished article ..... no matter what the media might say it was a huge part of the day http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

ChooseLife
22-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Of course the other reason for the delay could be Hibs deliberating over just how much of the pitch invasion to include in the finished article ..... no matter what the media might say it was a huge part of the day http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
I agree 100%, the bit thats always gets me is the 2nd glimpse of us all running on, I enjoy it more than the goals to be honest, it's very difficult to put into words

snooky
22-06-2016, 10:47 AM
If you ever get fed up watching the game it's just as good in reverse.

We get two quick goals and Rangers come back and equalise just after half time.
Stokesie scores the winner with 5 minutes to go.

The start is delayed due to people trying to find their seats at the Hibs end.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 10:56 AM
And storm out the house? :agree:

Are you stalking me?

:greengrin

Hibs Class
22-06-2016, 11:17 AM

:faf:

lugz
22-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Just watched last 15 mins and post match celebrations. Wee one is asking why Daddy is crying again. Will the tears ever stop when watching it?

scoopyboy
22-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Every time I watch it I still get nervous when Rangers appear to get a free kick in the 93rd minute on the halfway line, only for us to get the free kick. By the time we roll it away and then Conrad rolls it back for Fraser to take the free kick do I realise they aint getting back at us and the Cup is in the bag.

PS. I had the realisation when we got the free kick at the game as well that it was game set and match, it was a surreal moment.

pentlando
22-06-2016, 11:30 AM
One of my favourite bits is watching Andy Halliday 'celebrating' his goal in such a patronising manner, now knowing he'll go on to play a key role in our winner :greengrin

Col2
22-06-2016, 11:41 AM
There are so many little moments that I am sure have been meantioned before such as:-

1. McGregor challenge to get ball back and then on to Fyvie who wins corner for 2nd goal.
2. The fact that Sir David Gray was on half way line AND decided to take immediate attacking throw in for Fyvie on to Stokes and then shot and corner and then winner.
3. The challenge by Dylan just after the winning goal took the immediate pressure off
4. And how the hell we got a free kick right in 94 mins when one of our players halved one of them and then Halliday (who wasn't the player involved) got booked.
5. The guy in the crowd at top of picture just before Henderson take corner, he is kissing his scarf and doing what we ALL did and thought "is this THE moment".

Seveno
22-06-2016, 11:49 AM
There are so many little moments that I am sure have been meantioned before such as:-

1. McGregor challenge to get ball back and then on to Fyvie who wins corner for 2nd goal.
2. The fact that Sir David Gray was on half way line AND decided to take immediate attacking throw in for Fyvie on to Stokes and then shot and corner and then winner.
3. The challenge by Dylan just after the winning goal took the immediate pressure off
4. And how the hell we got a free kick right in 94 mins when one of our players halved one of them and then Halliday (who wasn't the player involved) got booked.
5. The guy in the crowd at top of picture just before Henderson take corner, he is kissing his scarf and doing what we ALL did and thought "is this THE moment".

Just reading no.5 gets my eyes welling up.

stantonhibby
22-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Every time I watch it I still get nervous when Rangers appear to get a free kick in the 93rd minute on the halfway line, only for us to get the free kick. By the time we roll it away and then Conrad rolls it back for Fraser to take the free kick do I realise they aint getting back at us and the Cup is in the bag.

PS. I had the realisation when we got the free kick at the game as well that it was game set and match, it was a surreal moment.

Agree...........still no idea what the free kick was for. You just see the Rangers centre half's loping towards our box and fear the worst.

MurrayfieldHibs
22-06-2016, 12:29 PM

:faf: Brilliant! :faf:

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 01:21 PM
One of my favourite bits is watching Andy Halliday 'celebrating' his goal in such a patronising manner, now knowing he'll go on to play a key role in our winner :greengrin

He is such a prick. Already mentioned him a few times. 'I got this' Halliday

Rasta_Hibs
22-06-2016, 01:23 PM

Class!

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Brilliant, just brilliant. :greengrin :top marks

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Agree...........still no idea what the free kick was for. You just see the Rangers centre half's loping towards our box and fear the worst.

High feet I think. Got to say the ref was excellent. Even the one or 2 things I moaned about at the game turned out to be ok.

JimBHibees
22-06-2016, 02:27 PM
High feet I think. Got to say the ref was excellent. Even the one or 2 things I moaned about at the game turned out to be ok.

Think it was for high feet though seemed a little generous in hindsight. Ref did well even though I was moaning at him during the game as didnt think we got many 50/50 calls.

oneone73
22-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Liam MacLeod on the BBC really rips my knitting round about 77 mins - "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing." What is that supposed to mean?

Col2
22-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Liam MacLeod on the BBC really rips my knitting round about 77 mins - "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing." What is that supposed to mean?

I can't stand the man. Talks over the important bits like the winning goal and overall BBC coverage is average at best. He will need to think about something other than talk about Hibs Scottish cup record.

Hope the BBC commentators and fud pundits have a long bitter summer thinking about how they have nothing on us. Hope Willie Miller isn't as depressed as he was at end of the cup final and realises it was nothing like 1980. Hope Andy Walker gets sacked.

Eyrie
22-06-2016, 06:30 PM

It's a Vince Lombardi quote. MacLeod was just trying to show off and failed miserably.

He'd have been very miserable at the final whistle :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
22-06-2016, 06:35 PM

Macleod looks like his granny has knitted him. FUD

kaimendhibs
23-06-2016, 04:58 AM

Me too. Its like calm down, weve got this 😂😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
23-06-2016, 05:13 AM

Very good, if you watch it right to the end you can see my lot gradually drinking themselves to sobriety in the hospitality[emoji6]

john18722
23-06-2016, 05:46 AM

Cried reading that!

Hibs1969
23-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Things I've picked up on after re-watching the game:

1. Fraser Fyvie's contribution for our last 2 goals: played the ball off Wilson for the corner which led to Stokes' second goal and played Stokes in for the shot which led to the corner for our third.

2. The massive smoke bomb that went off at their end just as Stokes tucked the first goal away. A huge number of their fans would have missed how p•ss poor their defending was.

3. The lad in the grey Tshirt holding his head in his hands as we celebrated our third goal. That was me to a T.

4. Every time I watch Stokes cut inside and take his shot which their keeper pushed away for the corner for our third goal I'm terrified Keatings will stretch out, make contact and Sclaff it wide. Luckily it hasn't happened so far.

5. The ref had a really decent game, esp the advantage he played for our first goal.

6. Spine tingling renditions of SoL and Glory,Glory even a month on.

s.a.m
23-06-2016, 06:54 AM

:greengrin:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I can't stand the man. Talks over the important bits like the winning goal and overall BBC coverage is average at best. He will need to think about something other than talk about Hibs Scottish cup record.

Hope the BBC commentators and fud pundits have a long bitter summer thinking about how they have nothing on us. Hope Willie Miller isn't as depressed as he was at end of the cup final and realises it was nothing like 1980. Hope Andy Walker gets sacked.

His pathetic pre-rehearsed junk listing things invented in 1902 was a joke. Clown and clearly was gutted we won, will like Hearts have to come up with a new script.