PDA

View Full Version : Can we have the largest fanbase in Edinburgh?

Edinburgher
22-06-2016, 05:05 AM
No not a closet Jumbo obsessed with "wee team, big team"! However, throughout my life I have generally met more Jumbos than i have Hibees in the city and have got the impression that they have more fans in Edinburgh and for the purpose of this thread by "big" I define it as having a larger fanbase in the city. Personally, I feel that regardless of our success in terms of winning the Scottish Cup and possible future success, there exists a marginalising of Hibs in some quarters (deliberately or otherwise) as solely being:

A Leith club (thus having less appeal to the wider "Edinburgh" potential fanbase).
An "immigrant" club with Irish Catholic roots (thus again being less appealing to those who identify as "other").

Now this is NOT my perception of our club, I am proud of our roots and I am not saying for one second we should change any of it! We all support Hibs for different reasons, in my case - atheist (from historical protestant ancestors) from the south of Edinburgh and but while I consider Hibs an Edinburgh club and open to all, I am merely asking whether others think such outside perceptions exist (in Edinburgh) and have an impact upon our fanbase potential regardless of how successful we have been and could be in the future?

Skyegreen
22-06-2016, 05:45 AM
No not a closet Jumbo obsessed with "wee team, big team"! However, throughout my life I have generally met more Jumbos than i have Hibees in the city and have got the impression that they have more fans in Edinburgh and for the purpose of this thread by "big" I define it as having a larger fanbase in the city. Personally, I feel that regardless of our success in terms of winning the Scottish Cup and possible future success, there exists a marginalising of Hibs in some quarters (deliberately or otherwise) as solely being:

A Leith club (thus having less appeal to the wider "Edinburgh" potential fanbase).
An "immigrant" club with Irish Catholic roots (thus again being less appealing to those who identify as "other").

Now this is NOT my perception of our club, I am proud of our roots and I am not saying for one second we should change any of it! We all support Hibs for different reasons, in my case - atheist (from historical protestant ancestors) from the south of Edinburgh and but while I consider Hibs an Edinburgh club and open to all, I am merely asking whether others think such outside perceptions exist (in Edinburgh) and have an impact upon our fanbase potential regardless of how successful we have been and could be in the future?

They have a larger support, there I've said it. I think most of the evidence points to this. Massive under achievement on our part hasn't helped our cause but I believe we can achieve a larger support if we can finally get things right were it matters! 💚 This could well be that year!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 06:03 AM
I genuinely dont think they do, certaiinly not in edinburgh. Maybe in midlothian etc they do.

They certainly have a more active fan base st the moment, and i do think hibs fans are unbelievably fickle - with many that i know finding weird and wonderful excuses to NOT support.

I suppose it depends what you mean by supporter, bur latent support, i dont think so.

Interesting points though. I personally dont consider hibs to be a leith club, but i think a lot of people do.

But i think it is simply down to success, the box oficw never out the news romanov era, then needing to support their team or die.

Perhaps they have a more loyal support though?

Waxy
22-06-2016, 06:06 AM
We had 150000 at our cup parade. Seem to remember them getting just 100000 for theirs. So that settles it once and for all.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2016, 06:40 AM

I know it's just for fun but really who cares about "how long it your schlong" type arguments?

As for your reckoning that we're perceived as an immigrant/Leith club that's other folks' prerogative (I don't believe this - it's too outdated an the sort of content able view of a diminished number of OF/Jambos who'd never support us anyway)

We are who we are - if folks have an altered perception of who we are how do you suggests over and above what we've done Hibstorically? Change the words to Sunshine on Leith?

The neutrals / convertables will probably look at:

Peer preferences
League status (first tier?) & current form
Convenience (proximity/ease of access/facilities/ease of ticket purchase)
Cost

Then whether they come back...
Will my peers/mates go and can I sit with them?
Match day experience
Value for Money
Team performance
Actual convenience

Kato
22-06-2016, 06:42 AM
There are more Hibs fans, but at the moment they have more who actually go to games.

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 06:44 AM
I think we have a large amount of inactive, for want of a better term, supporters who may not go for a variety of reasons. I'd imagine the support base for us and them is similar

CB_NO3
22-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Generally the establishment clubs will be well supported compared to the outsiders. Its sad but up till about 10 year ago the hatred for Fenians (their term, not mine) and Catholics was still strong in this country. It is slowly dying down as most haters have turned their hatred to Muslims. Anyway, Hearts are pretty Mickey Mouse as well. Their cup record over the last 50 to 60 years is the same as ours. Big club, dont make me laugh.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2016, 06:52 AM
Hearts have the largest fanny base in Edinburgh

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2016, 06:54 AM
I think we have a large amount of inactive, for want of a better term, supporters who may not go for a variety of reasons. I'd imagine the support base for us and them is similar

You've probably hit the nail on the head it's about supporter mobilisation not perceptions as to whether we're a on "immigrant" team centred on Leith.

The prolonged periods of the Hibee "football wilderness years" has depleted the ranks and I'd say that Miller's record against the yams had a part to play. Derby success isn't the b-all and end-all but it's a platform on which to build especially within the city and if you can take that momentum into your league form as Hearts have tended to go by and large over the years from Miller then that's what your looking for. Who wants to be the 2nd team in a city for an extended period? Thats what we were during those barren spells in Derby terms.

Enough said
22-06-2016, 07:03 AM
hearts have the largest fanny base in edinburgh

this

The Harp Awakes
22-06-2016, 07:05 AM
I genuinely dont think they do, certaiinly not in edinburgh. Maybe in midlothian etc they do.

They certainly have a more active fan base st the moment, and i do think hibs fans are unbelievably fickle - with many that i know finding weird and wonderful excuses to NOT support.

I suppose it depends what you mean by supporter, bur latent support, i dont think so.

Interesting points though. I personally dont consider hibs to be a leith club, but i think a lot of people do.

But i think it is simply down to success, the box oficw never out the news romanov era, then needing to support their team or die.

Perhaps they have a more loyal support though?

I agree. Hibs have a bigger fanbase in Edinburgh but they have wider appeal in Midlothian.

Hearts fans are still rallying to the call after facing oblivion a few years back. We're still in the 2nd tier and it's more difficult to encourage our support to turn out.

RoxburghHibs
22-06-2016, 07:06 AM

Hibs traditional fanbase is from Leith - which was a town in it's own right until the 1920's - so in some ways we are pulling a greater % fans from "our" area.

Hearts have about 10% more fans than us I'd guess. Which is not much in the grand scheme of things. Outwith the Old Firm Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are the only clubs that can pull 5 figure home crowds on a regular basis.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 07:07 AM
:rolleyes:

CB_NO3
22-06-2016, 07:07 AM
I agree. Hibs have a bigger fanbase in Edinburgh but they have wider appeal in Midlothian.

Hearts fans are still rallying to the call after facing oblivion a few years back. We're still in the 2nd tier and it's more difficult to encourage our support to turn out.
We have sold the 4th most season tickets in Scotland. Things are looking good. Need to keep up the momentum.

mutley
22-06-2016, 07:20 AM
I think seeing the numbers that turned out for the cup parades shows the size of our fan base.
The problem is consistency. Hearts got demoted then flew through to get back up, finished 3rd after all that etc. I believe that youngsters getting into football will have a bit of peer pressure/glory hunter about the and will start to support the more successful team at a younger age.
So by that, now we have the holy grail in our hands and very nearly had the LC too, the number of STs sold so far etc. Smash the league this season, be competitive next season, getting above them and beating them consistently will see a turn over in fan numbers IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato
22-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Hibs traditional fanbase is from Leith - which was a town in it's own right until the 1920's - so in some ways we are pulling a greater % fans from "our" area.

Hearts have about 10% more fans than us I'd guess. Which is not much in the grand scheme of things. Outwith the Old Firm Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are the only clubs that can pull 5 figure home crowds on a regular basis.

Hibs traditional fanbase was more in the Southside and surrounding areas of the Old Town. Post WWII and when most of the that area was "developed" people were moved all over Edinburgh. Obviously we have a hueg support in Leith but Hibs draw support from allo over Edinburgh.

The_Horde
22-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Sorry but that's mince. I meet just as many hibbys as I do hearts fans in this city. He who shouts loudest isn't always the biggest or the best.

leggeto
22-06-2016, 07:36 AM

No chance,they already have a fanbase of 400,000 remember

RoxburghHibs
22-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Hibs traditional fanbase was more in the Southside and surrounding areas of the Old Town. Post WWII and when most of the that area was "developed" people were moved all over Edinburgh. Obviously we have a hueg support in Leith but Hibs draw support from allo over Edinburgh.

Yeah I know and agree - I was just pointing out the "traditional" area. But you are spot on it has moved on since those days :flag:

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 07:53 AM
We have sold the 4th most season tickets in Scotland. Things are looking good. Need to keep up the momentum.

Absolutely this. Going to the football is a habit and once you get into it it's hard to get out of it. The opposite is also true. Getting the fans back is the hardest part, once they are back retention is up to the performance of the football team. For example our average attendances starting from Mowbrays 1st season:

04/05 - 12539 (+3389 on 03/04)
05/06 - 13818
06/07 - 14488
07/08 - 13754
08/09 - 12684
09/10 - 12164
10/11 - 11672
11/12 - 9909
12/13 - 10491
13/14 - 11017
14/15 - 10170
15/16 - 9291

We had a huge jump in sales when someone with TMs positivity took over and was followed by the, to all intents and purposes, successful John Collins. It took a long period of substandard (league) performances to drive our average attendance below 5 figures. With ST sales as they currently are and a Scottish Cup win we simply must have a successful league campaign to drive momentum going forward from here.

Fwiw I agree with others that we have a bigger fanbase in Edinburgh but Hearts draw more from the surrounding area. I remember being asked by an Aberdeen supporting mate why 'everyone in Edinburgh supports Hibs?'

SJM
22-06-2016, 07:58 AM
If they had to sit through 5-10 years of ***** whilst we won a Scottish cup and played the likes of Spurs and Liverpool in Europe spending money we didn't have then they would have less fans going to matches than we do.

polarbear
22-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Hearts have a larger fan base.
It's pointless to suggest otherwise. It's not by much but we all know it's true.
These things go in waves and cycles so that may not always be the case.
Pretty sure it's not always been the case in the past.

MartinfaePorty
22-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Not directly related, but most of my non-Hibs supporting mates can't stand Hearts, but have a soft spot for us.

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I think Twitter is quite a pure way of gauging the relative size of the supports.

Looking at the official websites there is a combined total of 96K followers, of which we have 46K. This gives a 52/48 split in their favour which seems about right to me.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2016, 08:38 AM
And the longest unpaid creditors list in Scottish football.

Big team big debts.

Lest they forget.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 08:38 AM
If they had to sit through 5-10 years of ***** whilst we won a Scottish cup and played the likes of Spurs and Liverpool in Europe spending money we didn't have then they would have less fans going to matches than we do.

In that vein here's a comparison from Mowbray arriving at Hibs and Romanov arriving at Hearts until mutual relegation showing league position and average attendances for each:

2004/05:

Hibs 3rd - 12539
Hearts 5th - 12272

2005/06

Hibs - 4th 13818
Hearts 2nd plus Scottish Cup - 16707

06/07:

Hibs - 6th plus League Cup - 14488
Hearts - 4th -15412

07/08:

Hibs - 6th 13754
Hearts - 8th 10500 (I think this may be incorrect)

08/09:

Hibs - 6th 12684
Hearts - 3rd 14093

09/10:

Hibs - 4th 12164
Hearts 6th 13866

10/11:

Hibs - 10th 11672
Hearts - 3rd 13866

11/12

Hibs - 11th 9909
Hearts - 5th + Scottish Cup 12912

12/13:

Hibs - 7th 10491
Hearts - 10th 12971

13/14:

Hibs - 11th 11017
Hearts -12th 14024

I'm not entirely sure what you can draw from that. For the mess they got in Hearts chronically under achieved under Romanov, when both teams are doing well the difference in average attendances isn't huge and it's debateable they would be as big now if it wasn't for their recent troubles.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Never mind the quality, feel the width.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 09:07 AM
In that vein here's a comparison from Mowbray arriving at Hibs and Romanov arriving at Hearts until mutual relegation showing league position and average attendances for each:

2004/05:

Hibs 3rd - 12539
Hearts 5th - 12272

2005/06

Hibs - 4th 13818
Hearts 2nd plus Scottish Cup - 16707

06/07:

Hibs - 6th plus League Cup - 14488
Hearts - 4th -15412

07/08:

Hibs - 6th 13754
Hearts - 8th 10500 (I think this may be incorrect)

08/09:

Hibs - 6th 12684
Hearts - 3rd 14093

09/10:

Hibs - 4th 12164
Hearts 6th 13866

10/11:

Hibs - 10th 11672
Hearts - 3rd 13866

11/12

Hibs - 11th 9909
Hearts - 5th + Scottish Cup 12912

12/13:

Hibs - 7th 10491
Hearts - 10th 12971

13/14:

Hibs - 11th 11017
Hearts -12th 14024

I'm not entirely sure what you can draw from that. For the mess they got in Hearts chronically under achieved under Romanov, when both teams are doing well the difference in average attendances isn't huge and it's debateable they would be as big now if it wasn't for their recent troubles.

The last pre-romanov year is the interesting bit IMO. That was when hearts were not spending big, didnt have any kind of feel good factor and were just plodding along - like we have done since 2007.

The excitement around burley, romanov and what was a genuinely exciting team, coupled with clever amd aggressive pricing and marketing - and their fans habe responded very impressively, obviously sustained by artificial spending.

Not having a go at Hearts - their fans have put their money where rheir mouths are and responded well. But ypu just cant compare their last 10 - 15 years to ours.

So yes they have biggr support foing to the games at the moment - active fans. But i genuinely dont believe, nor have i ever experienced that they have more fans in and around Edinburgh.

Also, i think its another area where hibs have been dreadful in recemt years - marketing, pr and getting fans onside. Hearts have been brilliant at it for years.

McIntosh
22-06-2016, 09:39 AM
The only thing big about Hearts is the size of the fans mouths

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2016, 09:42 AM
We have more fans who have been on the pitch at Hampden :greengrin

The only thing a would say regarding the OP is that I really think Hibs are regarded as 'a Leith club' the same way as Hearts are seen as a Gorgie club. Due to Leith's history as a separate town in years gone by, perhaps there is a stronger community feel about the area and therefor Hibs connection to it ..... Hibs over the years have no doubt become part of Leith's identity.

But lets not forget, Hibs may have spent most of their history based in Leith, but the club was founded in Edinburgh by people who lived in Edinburgh in the time when Leith was a separate town. Hibs are an Edinburgh club no doubt about it.

Its common for the media to refer to Leith and Gorgie when referring to the two clubs. We have adopted a song with a Leith theme, but the Yams official song has Gorgie in the lyrics. Its natural that football clubs draw more support from the area they are based in and us and the Yams are no different ... there are probably more Jambos in Gorgie than Hibbies and Leith will no doubt have more Hibbies than Jambos.

At the end of the day the badge doesn't say 'Hibernian Edinburgh' for nothing.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 09:47 AM

And more who have seen their team win both major national cup competitions.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2016, 10:02 AM

:agree: :greengrin

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 11:01 AM

And more who have seen their club totally rebuild their stadium whilst actually paying all their bills.

Kato
22-06-2016, 11:04 AM
132 guests on this thread as I type....

HIYA JAMBOS!! HIYA!!

Remember that time you were 2-0 up in the Cup and all your players and management were laughing and high-sixing each other at half-time only for Hibs to come back, knock you out in a replay then go on to win the Cup? Remember?

Waxy
22-06-2016, 11:10 AM
We've been in more cup finals. Admittedly we've not the greatest record once there but we've been in more than them.

Craig_HFC
22-06-2016, 11:16 AM
And more who have seen their club totally rebuild their stadium whilst actually paying all their bills.

To be fair though; they've got more sex offenders.

Carheenlea
22-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Not directly related, but most of my non-Hibs supporting mates can't stand Hearts, but have a soft spot for us.

I've a season ticket holding Rangers supporting mate who hails from Northern Ireland who has for a long time had a soft spot for Hibs. He has a real dislike of Hearts, and I think it is a fair assumption that we are a more popular club than Hearts with other Scottish supporters.
Hearts may have a slightly larger fanbase, but not one that is larger enough to make a huge difference. Similar sized clubs with similar sized supports in the Scottish Capital.
For younger/teenage/youth fans, I think that Hibs are the "cooler" of the two to support, which will always help.

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I've a season ticket holding Rangers supporting mate who hails from Northern Ireland who has for a long time had a soft spot for Hibs. He has a real dislike of Hearts, and I think it is a fair assumption that we are a more popular club than Hearts with other Scottish supporters.
Hearts may have a slightly larger fanbase, but not one that is larger enough to make a huge difference. Similar sized clubs with similar sized supports in the Scottish Capital.
For younger/teenage/youth fans, I think that Hibs are the "cooler" of the two to support, which will always help.

To be fair, they had the edge on cool during the RRevolution maroon satin (reversible) bomber jacket years.

GreenLake
22-06-2016, 11:46 AM
If we compare attendances during difficult times after relegation we see Hearts fell way below our recent seasons in the Championship.

Year-------------Hearts average attendance in lower league.
1979/80 -----------------5,735
1981/82 -----------------5,157
1982/83 -----------------5,902

"Bear" in mind that the above Hearts attendances were probably exaggerated as per their custom. Recent attendances have been higher due to cornered rat syndrome.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 11:54 AM
To be fair, they had the edge on cool during the RRevolution maroon satin (reversible) bomber jacket years.

The half and half Hearts/Scotland top was a particular highlight.

hibs0666
22-06-2016, 11:58 AM
The half and half Hearts/Scotland top was a particular highlight.

True - I'm not surprised it was a winner at the London Fashion Awards. Such style. Such a statement. It said more than any words ever could.

Deansy
22-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Historically, the size of support for both teams has been 50-50 - however Hearts has increased over the last 30+ years thanks to their 'Finance Football' business-plan. Now they can't do that any more (well, so far - time will tell if this leopard can change its spots ?? ) 'Playing within their means' will see a return to 50-50, although it'll be more in our favour if we get things right !!

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Historically, the size of support for both teams has been 50-50 - however Hearts has increased over the last 30+ years thanks to their 'Finance Football' business-plan. Now they can't do that any more (well, so far - time will tell if this leopard can change its spots ?? ) 'Playing within their means' will see a return to 50-50, although it'll be more in our favour if we get things right !!

Agree I do think we have untapped potential and there is room for some growth. Let's hope we can realise that

Killiehibbie
22-06-2016, 03:53 PM

The only thing a would say regarding the OP is that I really think Hibs are regarded as 'a Leith club' the same way as Hearts are seen as a Gorgie club. Due to Leith's history as a separate town in years gone by, perhaps there is a stronger community feel about the area and therefor Hibs connection to it ..... Hibs over the years have no doubt become part of Leith's identity.

But lets not forget, Hibs may have spent most of their history based in Leith, but the club was founded in Edinburgh by people who lived in Edinburgh in the time when Leith was a separate town. Hibs are an Edinburgh club no doubt about it.

Its common for the media to refer to Leith and Gorgie when referring to the two clubs. We have adopted a song with a Leith theme, but the Yams official song has Gorgie in the lyrics. Its natural that football clubs draw more support from the area they are based in and us and the Yams are no different ... there are probably more Jambos in Gorgie than Hibbies and Leith will no doubt have more Hibbies than Jambos.

At the end of the day the badge doesn't say 'Hibernian Edinburgh' for nothing.Technically not in Leith.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Technically not in Leith.

Actually, the stadium is within the old Leith Boundary.

See HERE (http://www.grantonhistory.org/maps/boundaries/leith_boundary_map.htm)

Carheenlea
22-06-2016, 04:35 PM

They did have us on the ropes a bit there - I'll accept that.

Killiehibbie
22-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Actually, the stadium is within the old Leith Boundary.

See HERE (http://www.grantonhistory.org/maps/boundaries/leith_boundary_map.htm)
Line is in the wrong place, it should go along Albion Rd and Hawkhill Ave and not through the middle of Lochend Park.

#FromTheCapital
22-06-2016, 05:24 PM
There's no doubt they've had a larger active support for the last 10 years or so and especially in recent years but there's a number of reasons for that. During the Romanov years they were playing fantasy football which obviously boosted crowd numbers. When reality struck and they went bust, it had a galvanising effect on the support given that they almost went the same way as old Rangers and it was up to the fans to save them. This continues to present day, although if the same eye bleeding brand of football from Neilson continues then it's a guarantee that numbers will drop, especially if they have no joy in the cups again.

In contrast, we have been on a rapid decline since winning the league cup in 2007, each season seemed to be worse than the one before until we ended up in the championship because of piss poor management. Throw in a few disastrous cup and European results for good measure and it's easy to see why numbers are low. The cup win has rejuvenated a lot of disinterested fans (myself included) and this will continue if we win the championship this season.

The Green Goblin
22-06-2016, 05:38 PM
132 guests on this thread as I type....

HIYA JAMBOS!! HIYA!!

Remember that time you were 2-0 up in the Cup and all your players and management were laughing and high-sixing each other at half-time only for Hibs to come back, knock you out in a replay then go on to win the Cup? Remember?

Some predictable posts on the thread too.

22-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Hearts, due to their financial cheating over the years have enjoyed more success than us, thats always going to attract more glory hunters.

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 05:51 PM
There's no doubt they've had a larger active support for the last 10 years or so and especially in recent years but there's a number of reasons for that. During the Romanov years they were playing fantasy football which obviously boosted crowd numbers. When reality struck and they went bust, it had a galvanising effect on the support given that they almost went the same way as old Rangers and it was up to the fans to save them. This continues to present day, although if the same eye bleeding brand of football from Neilson continues then it's a guarantee that numbers will drop, especially if they have no joy in the cups again.

In contrast, we have been on a rapid decline since winning the league cup in 2007, each season seemed to be worse than the one before until we ended up in the championship because of piss poor management. Throw in a few disastrous cup and European results for good measure and it's easy to see why numbers are low. The cup win has rejuvenated a lot of disinterested fans (myself included) and this will continue if we win the championship this season.

Pretty much nail hit on the head!

Pretty Boy
22-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Some predictable posts on the thread too.

I think it's been quite a good thread tbh.

The Green Goblin
22-06-2016, 06:16 PM
I think it's been quite a good thread tbh.

There's some good posts, yes, but some silly stuff too, and (very much imho :greengrin) the whole "whose team is bigger" thing is just nonsense and a longstanding yam obssession.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2016, 06:34 PM
There's some good posts, yes, but some silly stuff too, and (very much imho :greengrin) the whole "whose team is bigger" thing is just nonsense and a longstanding yam obssession.
Their obsession is bigger than ours though

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2016, 07:11 PM

That's because they count folk who are only slightly interested as obsessed :greengrin

Waxy
22-06-2016, 07:15 PM
If we compare attendances during difficult times after relegation we see Hearts fell way below our recent seasons in the Championship.

"Bear" in mind that the above Hearts attendances were probably exaggerated as per their custom. Recent attendances have been higher due to cornered rat syndrome.
Hate being fair to them but the early 80s seem to be an attendence low point for every team. I seem to remember Rangers getting 8000 celtic around 15000 and us well we had some very poor crowds around then. Not sure why this was but it was.

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Hate being fair to them but the early 80s seem to be an attendence low point for every team. I seem to remember Rangers getting 8000 celtic around 15000 and us well we had some very poor crowds around then. Not sure why this was but it was.

Probably something to do with social and economic factors being the days of the Thatcher era

The Green Goblin
22-06-2016, 08:38 PM

:greengrin

Deansy
22-06-2016, 09:40 PM

Season 83/84 their attendances increased as Wallet Merger started-off their 30+ years run with money they didn't have - success wasn't behind their increase in attendances (30* years/£100m+ = 3 trophies ??) it was them winning more and more derbies and that's their main reason for living !!. Strangely enough, their obsession with us has also intensified from that time ??.

jakeshibs
22-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Growing up in Edinburgh and going to School in Firhill, it was all Hibs supporters:agree::agree::agree:. The only Hearts supporters I knew where a few female relatives. Hibs support is a lot larger and comes out when it matters, look at our attendance record historically and they cant compete, the only reason they look ok at present is that they are enjoying a little more sustained success.
Big team don't make me laugh, Hibs are the pride of Edinburgh, and they know it!!:na na:

lucky
22-06-2016, 10:30 PM
There's not much in it but they probably shade at the moment. But who cares?