PDA

View Full Version : Valur Reykjavik V Brondby

Waxy
21-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Seems like no one is giving Valur a chance.For a bit fun, what do you think the aggregate score will be in this tie
I'll go Valur 2-1 Brondby.

PatHead
21-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Brondby haven't started their season yet, have a new manager and a number of new players. Valur are well into their season. Did a team from Iceland not beat Aberdeen a few years ago?

Might be closer than we think.

Lancs Harp
21-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Agg 4-1 Brondby

Nicho87
21-06-2016, 09:51 PM
3-2 hibs. Gray winner

lucky
21-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Waxy, why would you want the Valur to win when you know several Hibs fans have posted they've booked up already for Copenhagen ? You jealous or just being a wind up merchant ?

snooky
21-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Waxy, why would you want the Valur to win when you know several Hibs fans have posted they've booked up already for Copenhagen ? You jealous or just being a wind up merchant ?

0-7 to the Lurpaks (only because the weather is probably like January 1st in Iceland :wink:)

Michael
21-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Brondby haven't started their season yet, have a new manager and a number of new players. Valur are well into their season. Did a team from Iceland not beat Aberdeen a few years ago?

I agree with this. Time and time again Scottish clubs lose out to teams they should be beating comfortably due to our later starting date.

Brondby failed to get passed a dodgy Austrian team a few years back: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/clubs/club=50021/matches/index.html

erin go bragh
21-06-2016, 10:26 PM
3-1 to the Icelanders .

PatHead
21-06-2016, 10:31 PM

BTW I don't want Valur to win but just think it might be closer than we think. Hope folk don't lose out financially.

Frazerbob
21-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Bookies have Bronby at 1/3 to win the first leg, which is away. They seem pretty sure they will get through

Dunbar Hibee
21-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Bookies have Bronby at 1/3 to win the first leg, which is away. They seem pretty sure they will get through

Here's hoping.

HairyShoulder
21-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Waxy, why would you want the Valur to win when you know several Hibs fans have posted they've booked up already for Copenhagen ? You jealous or just being a wind up merchant ? Folk want Valur to win because Brondby are much better than them, hence the 1/3 odds at the bookies for the away game. What would possibly possess a Hibs fan to make them want the better of their potential opponents to win? That's utter madness, unless the choice is between Barcelona and some Eastern Russian team. Just because some folk have booked flights for Denmark already doesn't mean we are supposed to want Brondby to win.

Disclaimer - I've booked flights for Denmark because I think they will win, but I still hope they play a shocker and lose.

Waxy
21-06-2016, 10:46 PM

I dont want Valur to win, i think they will win.

MacBean
21-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Valur had a dodgy start their season I think. Sitting 8th?
Brondby play a friendly Friday night be interesting to see their score.
valur are 17/2 for the first leg, brondby 1/3. Bookies aren't daft.
gulf in class across the park. Weirder things have happened but brondby should be too strong over two legs

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 10:48 PM

Third post I've seen from him already saying Valur to win. Strange behaviour from a fellow Hibs fan to be almost wishing his fellows fans miss out.

Anyways, Valur are currently 7th in the Icelandic league. The last time they played in Europe was coincidently also against Brondby which they lost 3-1 on aggregate. Valur will also have a league game to contend with between the 1st and 2nd leg.

Waxy
21-06-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm no wanting people to lose money. Why are people booking before they know anyway? Madness.It is a big advantage to be already playing and upto speed in your league. Valur are Brondby arent rocket science not.

Andy74
21-06-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm no wanting people to lose money. Why are people booking before they know anyway? Madness.It is a big advantage to be already playing and upto speed in your league. Valur are Brondby arent rocket science not.

People are booking because trying to do so a week before is way more expensive and more difficult to arrange. It's happened a few times. If you want to be there at a price that makes it doable then you sometimes need to take a calculated gamble. Credit to people potentially losing out for a chance to go support the team.

It might be an advantage already playing but if you aren't that good the advantage is pretty minimal.

SJM
21-06-2016, 11:14 PM

It could be some want to actually qualify for the next stage. I hope to anything the icelandics win, we pump them and we have a good draw the next again round. Sorry if that upsets guys who don't care if we progress, tartan army style.

Greencore
21-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Mon the Icelanders. 🇮🇸

Andy74
21-06-2016, 11:22 PM
It could be some want to actually qualify for the next stage. I hope to anything the icelandics win, we pump them and we have a good draw the next again round. Sorry if that upsets guys who don't care if we progress, tartan army style.

So the guys risking their cash by erring on the side of the favourite in the previous round don't care if we progress?

Anyway, not quite getting your logic. Whoever wins the previous tie will have been the better team.

HairyShoulder
21-06-2016, 11:26 PM
So the guys risking their cash by erring on the side of the favourite in the previous round don't care if we progress?

Some genuinely don't, and are happy just to be in the competition and only want a jolly abroad.

lord bunberry
21-06-2016, 11:30 PM

Anyway, not quite getting your logic. Whoever wins the previous tie will have been the better team.
I'm sure they do care, but some are getting annoyed at people for wanting the underdogs to win. Hibs best chance of qualifying is if the Icelandic team win.

monktonharp
21-06-2016, 11:49 PM
Bookies have Bronby at 1/3 to win the first leg, which is away. They seem pretty sure they will get throughthe bookies were also pretty sure that The Rangers would win the 2016 SC, but maybe they meant over Extra Time:cb

SJM
21-06-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm sure they do care, but some are getting annoyed at people for wanting the underdogs to win. Hibs best chance of qualifying is if the Icelandic team win.

Correct. I hope they pap Brondby and we knock them out next round. Sorry guys who have booked but I would prefer my club made more money and progresses.

monktonharp
21-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm now wondering if the Brondby fans are booking their flights to Edinburgh, now that they're through to the next round:wink:

Andy74
21-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Correct. I hope they pap Brondby and we knock them out next round. Sorry guys who have booked but I would prefer my club made more money and progresses.

I just hope we progress. Like most fans. I don't have a preference which team we beat to get there. Some have taken a chance in getting to maybe see one of the games and good on them.

If you are saying our only hope is playing the Icelandic team then we won't be in this competition for very long when we have to play a real team will we?

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 12:23 AM
I just hope we progress. Like most fans. I don't have a preference which team we beat to get there. Some have taken a chance in getting to maybe see one of the games and good on them.

If you are saying our only hope is playing the Icelandic team then we won't be in this competition for very long when we have to play a real team will we?I don't know, but the Icelandic national team seemed quite real the other night.

HairyShoulder
22-06-2016, 02:52 AM
I don't know, but the Icelandic national team seemed quite real the other night.

So did Wales, and Hibs would absolutely wreck any Welsh club team.

AZhibee
22-06-2016, 03:00 AM

Southwest Airlines will give credit for cancellations :wink:, they fly to Copenhagen?

And what about the folks who already booked a flight to Iceland?

Ryan69
22-06-2016, 04:08 AM

Cause on paper it's a far easier tie perhaps????

ruthven_raiders
22-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Cause on paper it's a far easier tie perhaps????

Yeh if Valur get lucky then it might be easier for hibs....so I would be happy with that. Whether some people have booked flights to wherever isn't a concern for Hibs...it's a gamble if you book one city or another.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Will we be seeded in the next round after we beat Valur?

flash
22-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Brondby clearly a better team so lack of match fitness would be their main obstacle. If they get through they will be that bit fitter.
If Valur scrape through that's clearly the better scenario for Hibs.
The flight thing is a gamble which sometimes doesn't pay off as our friends across town have just found out.

lucky
22-06-2016, 06:38 AM
If Valur are good enough to beat Brondby they will be good enough to beat Hibs. Being 17/2 at home for match tells you what the bookies think. I want Brondby to win, and I want Hibs to beat Brondby. But the Europa league qualifiers are not much more than pre-season friendlies. The reason I pulled Waxy up is because on 3 separate threads he made comments about wanting Valur to win. But gave no reason. This was done in threads where people were talking about their flights and hotels

Stokesy's on fire
22-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Aberdeen are terrible though always have been and always will be.

danhibees1875
22-06-2016, 06:53 AM
Will we be seeded in the next round after we beat Valur?

I would assume its more likely that brondby would have a high enough coefficient to be seeded for Q3, but that's an interesting point.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 07:02 AM
If Valur are good enough to beat Brondby they will be good enough to beat Hibs. Being 17/2 at home for match tells you what the bookies think. I want Brondby to win, and I want Hibs to beat Brondby. But the Europa league qualifiers are not much more than pre-season friendlies. The reason I pulled Waxy up is because on 3 separate threads he made comments about want Valur to win. But gave no reason. This was done in threads where people were talking about their flights and hotels
Why would any Hibby not want Valur to win? It's a no brainer.

CB_NO3
22-06-2016, 07:04 AM
This mob are currently 7th in their part time league. None of Icelands players play in Iceland. Like the Welsh team. Sure Brondby will tuck them away pretty easy.

Heisenberg
22-06-2016, 07:14 AM
If anyone wants a bit of insurance on what they've paid for flights etc just stick a wee bet on Valur to get through. Sorted.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 07:18 AM
What's wrong with wanting a European Tie against a club with decent European pedigree in a nice location? Brondy & Copenhagen fits the bill just nicely.

If we were to play Valur, and beat them, we could be sent practically anywhere in the next the next round, e.g. Azerbaijan

ben johnson
22-06-2016, 07:24 AM
If anyone wants a bit of insurance on what they've paid for flights etc just stick a wee bet on Valur to get through. Sorted.

This has been mentioned a number of times. I have googled odds for this and can only get odds for the first leg ie Home Draw Away. If someone knows a site where you can bet on Valur being in the next round I would certainly put a few quid on that.

lucky
22-06-2016, 07:39 AM

Why's that? As I have said if Valur beat Brondby they will be more than good enough to beat Hibs. You were at the wind up on other threads and are not trying to make a point over the easier draw, which you never mentioned previously.

Heisenberg
22-06-2016, 07:49 AM
This has been mentioned a number of times. I have googled odds for this and can only get odds for the first leg ie Home Draw Away. If someone knows a site where you can bet on Valur being in the next round I would certainly put a few quid on that.

Maybe just need to wait till closer to the time of the game, there should hopefully be more markets available then.

Andy74
22-06-2016, 07:53 AM

You're just trying to wind people up now. I'm a Hibby. I'm quite happy for us to play and beat Brondby.

SJM
22-06-2016, 08:02 AM
What's wrong with wanting a European Tie against a club with decent European pedigree in a nice location? Brondy & Copenhagen fits the bill just nicely.

If we were to play Valur, and beat them, we could be sent practically anywhere in the next the next round, e.g. Azerbaijan

No we couldn't. We would be unseeded against the likes of Man Utd etc, hardly think a mob from Azerbaijan will be seeded in the following round.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 08:20 AM
You're just trying to wind people up now. I'm a Hibby. I'm quite happy for us to play and beat Brondby.

Really? In any cup tie i'd rather we had the easier tie so we can progress. Just so happens i have a hunch (nothing more) that Valur will win based on them already in their season.Some people wind themselves up.

easty
22-06-2016, 08:23 AM

I don't think he's trying to wind anyone up.

The bookies have Brondby as clear favourites for their game. They've not made then favourites for a laugh.

As you say, you'd be happy for us to play and beat Brondby, so would I, so would everyone. It appears that would be more difficult than playing and beating Valur though. So I want to play Valur.

Say next season we get drawn against the winners of Celtc v Morton in the Scottish, we'd obviously want it to be Morton. How's that any different to wanting Valur to win?

Waxy
22-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Clearly we have a small percentage of serial holidaymakers in our support.ps Thats a wind up.

Stokesy's on fire
22-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Clearly we have a small percentage of serial holidaymakers in our support.ps Thats a wind up.

Apparently the Danish Bacon is yummy yummy yummy yum! Can't wait for the best bacon roll ever

Waxy
22-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Apparently the Danish Bacon is yummy yummy yummy yum! Can't wait for the best bacon roll ever

Yes i am jealous.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Say next season we get drawn against the winners of Celtc v Morton in the Scottish, we'd obviously want it to be Morton. How's that any different to wanting Valur to win?

There's a world of difference.

In the Scottish Cup, we have a realistic chance to progress to the latter stages, or even win it. In our rare forays into European competition, we go out every time within the first couple of rounds.

So, while we're still in the competition, what's wrong with wanting to make the most of it and play a relatively glamorous tie against a team from a city that loads of us would want to visit?

If we play Valur and win, there's no guarantee of any of that. We might just get papped out in the next round by a team from Kyrgyzstan or the like. A team none of us had ever heard of, from somewhere few of us would be able to go to for the away leg.

Green Man
22-06-2016, 08:51 AM
No we couldn't. We would be unseeded against the likes of Man Utd etc, hardly think a mob from Azerbaijan will be seeded in the following round.

Man Utd go straight into the group stage. Neftci Baku could potentially be seeded in the 3rd qualifying round.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 09:01 AM
There's a world of difference.

In the Scottish Cup, we have a realistic chance to progress to the latter stages, or even win it. In our rare forays into European competition, we go out every time within the first couple of rounds.

So, while we're still in the competition, what's wrong with wanting to make the most of it and play a relatively glamorous tie against a team from a city that loads of us would want to visit?

If we play Valur and win, there's no guarantee of any of that. We might just get papped out in the next round by a team from Kyrgyzstan or the like. A team none of us had ever heard of, from somewhere few of us would be able to go to for the away leg.

We dont go out every time. We've been to the semis in Europe. It's not impossible for us to reach the group stage. That has to be our aim.

Andy74
22-06-2016, 09:02 AM
I don't think he's trying to wind anyone up.

The bookies have Brondby as clear favourites for their game. They've not made then favourites for a laugh.

As you say, you'd be happy for us to play and beat Brondby, so would I, so would everyone. It appears that would be more difficult than playing and beating Valur though. So I want to play Valur.

The reality is that for clubs like Hibs and for its fans, European football is a bit different from the Scottish cup isn't it?

That said, would you have wanted to beat Rangers in that final or a Morton?

Yes it would be great to progress, we all want that and the inference that people, particularly those travelling, don't care about that is ridiculous. However, you also can't get away from the fact that the ideal scenario in a European game is somewhere where the fans can get to - firstly to help support and get the team through to the next round, but also to enjoy being out there, creating some feelgood factor about Hibs and so on.

To ignore that on focus just on the easiest tie available is ignoring the reality of the number of tings that come together to make European football important to Hibs fans. The constant reference on various threads about hoping the Icelandic team get through I think is trying to wind people up.

ben johnson
22-06-2016, 09:12 AM
The reality is that for clubs like Hibs and for its fans, European football is a bit different from the Scottish cup isn't it?

Yes it would be great to progress, we all want that and the inference that people, particularly those travelling, don't care about that is ridiculous. However, you also can't get away from the fact that the ideal scenario in a European game is somewhere where the fans can get to - firstly to help support and get the team through to the next round, but also to enjoy being out there, creating some feelgood factor about Hibs and so on.

To ignore that on focus just on the easiest tie available is ignoring the reality of the number of tings that come together to make European football important to Hibs fans. The constant reference on various threads about hoping the Icelandic team get through I think is trying to wind people up.

I noticed the references hoping that Valur get through and of course they ended up getting buried so he just had to start a new thread covering it just for a bit of fun as Waxy put it. I've booked Copenhagen as Iceland is too problematic re travel. I have also e mailed Paddy Power to supply odds that Valur will get through without betting on each game. Will post their reply if I get one.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 09:16 AM

Chillax. I was only surprised with folks booking before they knew whos through.Whats wrong with that? Still want Valur to win.

Brightside
22-06-2016, 09:20 AM
A lot of people obv remember Brondby from a few years back.... They have almost gone bust a few times in recent years and have won pretty much nothing for 10 years in Denmark. I would not be surprised if Valur turn them over.

CapitalGreen
22-06-2016, 09:53 AM
A lot of people obv remember Brondby from a few years back.... They have almost gone bust a few times in recent years and have won pretty much nothing for 10 years in Denmark. I would not be surprised if Valur turn them over.

I'd be surprised

The Brondby squad has a combined total of 204 International Caps and 166 Under 21 International caps.

Last season they finished 4th in the Danish Superliga, which is currently ranked 15th in Europe for 15/16 based on club coefficient. (Scotland 28th, Iceland 39th)

ben johnson
22-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Bookies make the Danes 3 - 1 on just to win away from home. Hopefully the Bookies have got it right again.

scoopyboy
22-06-2016, 10:03 AM
]If Valur are good enough to beat Brondby they will be good enough to beat Hibs.[/B] Being 17/2 at home for match tells you what the bookies think. I want Brondby to win, and I want Hibs to beat Brondby. But the Europa league qualifiers are not much more than pre-season friendlies. The reason I pulled Waxy up is because on 3 separate threads he made comments about wanting Valur to win. But gave no reason. This was done in threads where people were talking about their flights and hotels

Going by that logic we shouldn't have won the Scottish Cup then.

Rangers were good enough to beat Celtic so they should've beaten Hibs.

History shows that isn't always the case.

CapitalGreen
22-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Brondby have entered the Europa league 7 times in the last 10 years. Each time they have progressed at least as far as the 3rd qualifying round.

Albanian Hibs
22-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Want us to face the easiest team possible so we have a better chance of qualifying for next round. If its the Icelandic team then so be it.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 10:10 AM
We dont go out every time. We've been to the semis in Europe. It's not impossible for us to reach the group stage. That has to be our aim.

Aye, very good... that was 1955. Queen Betty was only 3 years on the throne, Hibs still had most of the Famous Five and Johnyboy had only just got his Bus Pass.

When was the last year we got past the second tie of any Euro Competition?

I'm putting forward my point of view based on reality, not fantasy.

SJM
22-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Man Utd go straight into the group stage. Neftci Baku could potentially be seeded in the 3rd qualifying round.

I didn't even realise there was a round after the third. No chance of the groups. We could potentially get Az, Genk, Lille, Saint Etienne, Gent, Slovan Liberec, West Ham, Hertha Berlin, Panathinaikos, Sassulo, Rio Ave, Hajduk Split, Limassol or Mlada Boleslav in the next round though :agree:

lord bunberry
22-06-2016, 10:37 AM
I didn't even realise there was a round after the third. No chance of the groups. We could potentially get Az, Genk, Lille, Saint Etienne, Gent, Slovan Liberec, West Ham, Hertha Berlin, Panathinaikos, Sassulo, Rio Ave, Hajduk Split, Limassol or Mlada Boleslav in the next round though :agree:
Shamrock Rovers qualified for the group stages a few years ago, it isn't an impossible task. Someone mentioned it earlier, if you've booked up for Denmark, stick a bet on valur to qualify and that would cover your losses.

Waxy
22-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Aye, very good... that was 1955. Queen Betty was only 3 years on the throne, Hibs still had most of the Famous Five and Johnyboy had only just got his Bus Pass.

When was the last year we got past the second tie of any Euro Competition?

I'm putting forward my point of view based on reality, not fantasy.

Well as over the decades our(and all Scottish teams) Euro form has gone from really good to really poor, it can always improve.We're punching below our weight just now imo.

ben johnson
22-06-2016, 03:28 PM
I received a reply from Paddy Power re betting on Valur getting through to the 2nd round without betting on each leg just getting through. Nothing doing at the moment and they can't see it being available in the next few weeks.

Keith_M
22-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Well as over the decades our(and all Scottish teams) Euro form has gone from really good to really poor, it can always improve.We're punching below our weight just now imo.

Well, that's true, but most of us aren't overly confident we'll be making the group stages any time soon, so just want a bit fun in the sun while we can.

:wink:

shetlandhibee
22-06-2016, 04:11 PM
:top marksclever post but true..

Shamrock Rovers qualified for the group stages a few years ago, it isn't an impossible task. Someone mentioned it earlier, if you've booked up for Denmark, stick a bet on valur to qualify and that would cover your losses.

Iggy Pope
22-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Seems like no one is giving Valur a chance.For a bit fun, what do you think the aggregate score will be in this tie
I'll go Valur 2-1 Brondby.

What plans are you making to get to Reykjavik? Looked at much yet?

Waxy
22-06-2016, 09:12 PM
What plans are you making to get to Reykjavik? Looked at much yet?

Surely no one will book till they know the result?

green with envy
22-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Surely no one will book till they know the result?

And you post this when you know that dozens have already booked.

Do you suffer from OCD by any chance?

Waxy
22-06-2016, 09:54 PM
And you post this when you know that dozens have already booked.

Do you suffer from OCD by any chance?
Woooooooosh

Baldy Foghorn
22-06-2016, 10:08 PM
I received a reply from Paddy Power re betting on Valur getting through to the 2nd round without betting on each leg just getting through. Nothing doing at the moment and they can't see it being available in the next few weeks.

The first leg is next week. PP not up to speed

KWJ
22-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Having a wee look through Brondby's history and these two met at the same stage 10 years ago.

Brondby went through but it was 0-0 in Iceland.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2006/clubs/club=50021/matches/index.html

ben johnson
22-06-2016, 10:49 PM
The first leg is next week. PP not up to speed

Very much up to speed. They won't even consider a bet after the first leg when the matter and bet will be settled in two weeks. Small beer to them I'm afraid. Surprised they even answered

lucky
24-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Brondby won 2-1 in a pre season match today. Valur are away to Breidabilk who are third in the league. So should give a wee clue to their form.

Mr White
24-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Very much up to speed. They won't even consider a bet after the first leg when the matter and bet will be settled in two weeks. Small beer to them I'm afraid. Surprised they even answered

Bet 365 will almost certainly have a "to qualify" market open by the day of the first leg if not before.

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Valur 7th in Premier Division after playing 8 games. Last 5 games, have been 2 won, 2 lost & 1 draw

ben johnson
24-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Bet 365 will almost certainly have a "to qualify" market open by the day of the first leg if not before.

Thank you Mr White. I will keep an eye out for it. Was also thinking on backing Valur at about 8 to 1 at home as I can't see an upset unless they win at home.
Sterling now 11 pence against one DKK pushing the Copenhagen Guinness up 55 pence a pint. I knew there would be hardships to bear when we came out the EU but this is too much

Billy Whizz
24-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Valur 7th in Premier Division after playing 8 games. Last 5 games, have been 2 won, 2 lost & 1 draw

I've never been to Iceland

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I've never been to Iceland

Billy you are not a mum. :wink:

marinello59
24-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Valur drawing 0-0 after 51 minutes in tonight's league match.

silverhibee
24-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Ft 0-0

marinello59
24-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Ft 0-0

I'm loving this new found interest in Icelandic fitba. :greengrin

silverhibee
24-06-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm loving this new found interest in Icelandic fitba. :greengrin

Valur looked decent, had the better chances in the 2nd half. :greengrin

HiBremian
24-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Thank you Mr White. I will keep an eye out for it. Was also thinking on backing Valur at about 8 to 1 at home as I can't see an upset unless they win at home.
Sterling now 11 pence against one DKK pushing the Copenhagen Guinness up 55 pence a pint. I knew there would be hardships to bear when we came out the EU but this is too much

Pretty sure if you look at the typical brexit voter profile he/she will be a pensioner teetotaler from a town like Darlington that has a ****ty non-league side with no prospects of European football. Edinbru, 2 teams in Europe, 74% remain. Explains everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
25-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Inviting several key members of the Brondy mob around to my home in Merchiston, for some tea and freshly baked scones prepared by my wife. Rather filling, and should diminish their chance of performing effectively in the 'row' afterwards.

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Inviting several key members of the Brondy mob around to my home in Merchiston, for some tea and freshly baked scones prepared by my wife. Rather filling, and should diminish their chance of performing effectively in the 'row' afterwards.

The Odense mob were running around in flip flops, bizarre......Wonder if it's a Danish trait.....

hibs0666
26-06-2016, 04:26 PM
This Icelandic mob look very tasty indeed and getting caught isolated with them might be a real eye opener...

https://youtu.be/xjwpWxWNcHs

Johnny Clash
26-06-2016, 05:20 PM
This Icelandic mob look very tasty indeed and getting caught isolated isolated with them might be a real eye opener...

https://youtu.be/xjwpWxWNcHs

Ha ha - very funny!

PatHead
26-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Be a big advantage to us being able to watch our opponents over 2 competitive games whilst they won't see us in action.

Wonder who will be on scouting duties?

hibs0666
27-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Is the first leg played this Thursday?

hibee_girl
27-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Yes

hibs0666
27-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Yes

Ta :aok:

Marco G
27-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Valur mid season, Brondby not started, would not bet on who we will be playing.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

MacBean
28-06-2016, 09:57 AM
noticed Thursday's kick off time is 10pm.
22 hours of daylight in Iceland at this time of year (sun sets at 00.15 and rises at 02.30)

HappyHanlon
28-06-2016, 11:19 AM
noticed Thursday's kick off time is 10pm.
22 hours of daylight in Iceland at this time of year (sun sets at 00.15 and rises at 02.30)

9pm Iceland time.

MacBean
28-06-2016, 01:30 PM
9pm Iceland time.

ah yeah, they don't follow us into BST!

dphibs
28-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Hopefully a brondby win, already booked and paid for hotel and flights 😬😬

Franck Le God
29-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Just had a text from a mate - sky bet will be giving odds on Valur/Brondby to qualify from tomorrow. One to watch for those thinking of taking out some 'insurance'

MacBean
29-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Just had a text from a mate - sky bet will be giving odds on Valur/Brondby to qualify from tomorrow. One to watch for those thinking of taking out some 'insurance'

I stuck £20 on Valur Draw No Bet at 3/1.
Valur win, only spent £30 on flights to Copenhagen
Draw, I've not spent any more and good chance Brondby still do it.
Brondby win, I'm happy and flights £130 instead of £110.

Waxy
29-06-2016, 07:35 AM

The amount you'd have to put on for insurance, you'd probably have been just better off waiting and paying the extra and saving the concern you may lose cash.

CapitalGreen
29-06-2016, 08:13 AM
The amount you'd have to put on for insurance, you'd probably have been just better off waiting and paying the extra and saving the concern you may lose cash.

Nonsense

Flights are up over £225 now on what some people paid. A small outlay of around £10-20 would cover the costs of Brondby failing to qualify while waiting on the result could cost £200+.

Waxy
29-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Nonsense

Flights are up over £225 now on what some people paid. A small outlay of around £10-20 would cover the costs of Brondby failing to qualify while waiting on the result could cost £200+.

Nonsense

CapitalGreen
29-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Nonsense

How so?

ben johnson
29-06-2016, 08:44 AM

You are determined to get under people's skin. A number of posts elsewhere knocking guys who have gambled on Brondby. Then you are the OP on this thread. Remember you started this thread for fun so I suggest you start injecting some into your posts.

CapitalGreen
29-06-2016, 08:51 AM
You are determined to get under people's skin. A number of posts elsewhere knocking guys who have gambled on Brondby. Then you are the OP on this thread. Remember you started this thread for fun so I suggest you start injecting some into your posts.

Such strange behaviour to revel in the potential misfortune of fellow Hibs supporters - Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

MKHIBEE
29-06-2016, 09:16 AM

No doubt you will let us know how much ŷou pay for your flights when you know where we are going then we can make an informed judgement on who got the better deal

MacBean
29-06-2016, 10:15 AM

not at all. If they are 4/1 to qualify I'd have to punt £20 to cover my flight. hardly breaking the bank.

They are 9/2 to win on Thursday, and 3/1 draw no bet.

you do seem overly happy for this to backfire on dozens of fellow hibees.

Waxy
29-06-2016, 10:28 AM
not at all. If they are 4/1 to qualify I'd have to punt £20 to cover my flight. hardly breaking the bank.

They are 9/2 to win on Thursday, and 3/1 draw no bet.

you do seem overly happy for this to backfire on dozens of fellow hibees.
I only asked a question or two. Doesnt mean i'm happy about it all.

Hibs90
30-06-2016, 05:14 PM
this is tonight with a 10pm bst kick off. Garry Parker is in Iceland watching the sides

DH1875
30-06-2016, 05:25 PM
this is tonight with a 10pm bst kick off. Garry Parker is in Iceland watching the sides

Is that our time? Seems pretty late to me.

KWJ
30-06-2016, 05:51 PM
If you don't mind the hassle and overnight in a airport a very quick search suggests you can do it for under 140 pound now.

https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=EDI;t=CPH,ZGH;d=2016-07-20;r=2016-07-24;sel=EDIOSL0DY1355-OSLCPH1DY932,CPHEDI0FR2675

Dunno it that link will work but there's always cheap flights available if you've got some wiggle room.

Hibby Bairn
30-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Being streamed on Ladbrokes. Not sure if you need to place a bet.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Being streamed on Ladbrokes. Not sure if you need to place a bet.

Past my bedtime

R'Albin
30-06-2016, 07:22 PM
How so?

Nonsense.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Have you actually, ever, travelled abroad to watch Hibs? Genuine question.

Ozyhibby
30-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Who are we supporting with this one? Would it be better if the Icelandic team won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
30-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Who are we supporting with this one? Would it be better if the Icelandic team won?

I hope the icelandic team win as its the easier option.

Albanian Hibs

Yes better for us to progress to next round, but not better for those who have booked up for Copenhagen.

hfc rd

Would personally prefer the Icelandic team to win but reckon a few Hibs fans will be hoping it's brondby that progress. Considering they've already booked their flights and accomadation for Denmark.

Jones28
30-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes better for us to progress to next round, but not better for those who have booked up for Copenhagen.

Serves them right then!

Dunbar Hibee
30-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Serves them right then!

Zzzzzzz.

Waxy
30-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Have you actually, ever, travelled abroad to watch Hibs? Genuine question.

Not liking your tone.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Not liking your tone.

Only asking. You didn't answer.

zlatan
30-06-2016, 09:26 PM
I need Brondby to win to get my coupon up and having spectacularly bollocksed my cover bet I really want them to win.

cabbageandribs1875
30-06-2016, 09:29 PM
i don't get it when people say they would prefer the icelandic because they would be easier to beat :confused: if they beat the team that we think are the harder team to beat does that not make them actually the better team :greengrin

HibbyKeith
30-06-2016, 09:34 PM
33mins played, 0-0

Jim Herriot
30-06-2016, 09:36 PM
There's a rather jerky stream at http://wiziwig.ru/soccer/watch-a76967-valur-vs-brondby

Jones28
30-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Zzzzzzz.

Didn't quite get that one, gonnae run it by me again?

HibbyKeith
30-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Half Time 0-0

c31
30-06-2016, 09:47 PM
0v0 HT

Wilson
30-06-2016, 09:50 PM
There's a rather jerky stream

I'd rather watch football.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Not liking your tone.

Only asking. You didn't answer.

Bump.
I'm still interested. Come on. Knock me out with your experiences. Or research as it might be :wink:

Nevi_SOL
30-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Anybody watching the game. How do the teams look?

GordonHFC
30-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Anybody watching the game. How do the teams look?

A pretty boring watch to be honest.

trev the hat
30-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Goal Brondby

BoomtownHibees
30-06-2016, 10:05 PM
1-0 Brondby

marinello59
30-06-2016, 10:06 PM
1-0 Brondby

Damn. Maybe I shouldn't have booked those Iceland flights.

Thegreenside
30-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Is pukki up front for brondby the same guy that was playing for Celtic a few years back

trev the hat
30-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Valur hit woodwork
Edit - 0-2 Brondby

HibbyKeith
30-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Valur hit the keeper from free header 5 yards out, rebound falls 3 yards out and they've only managed to hit the bar... Easier to score... Easier than JC's against Raith last season.

Nevi_SOL
A pretty boring watch to be honest.

Cheers GordonHFC

FranckSuzy
I'd rather watch football.

:tee hee:

HibbyKeith
2-0 Brondby

BS44
Goal Brondby

Smashing! Away goal as well. So far it's looking good for everyone who has gambled on Copenhagen, not so good anyone who fancied a trip to Iceland.

MacBean
30-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Livetvcdn.net

valur just missed a sitter from 3 yards out

2-0 both from Wilczek

BoomtownHibees
30-06-2016, 10:11 PM
2-0. Time to get the return flights booked

HibbyKeith
30-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Valur respond with a direct shot at goal from the kick off which is high over the bar. First time I've seen anyone do that since the change to the rules at kick off.

trev the hat
30-06-2016, 10:18 PM
0-3

HibbyKeith
3-0

MacBean
3-0 pukki

MacBean
30-06-2016, 10:20 PM
First two goals poor goalkeeping you'd have to say, third a good finish

Jim44
30-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Why does every Valur players name end with the traditional 'sson' except for one guy whose name ends with 'sen'?

DC_Hibs
30-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Cheers Waxy, took your advice about the "insurance" idea not being worth a flip and lumped on Brondby.
175 to the good in Bet365 after tonight's wagers which covers my low cost flights and digs with a bit to spare as well - for a cigar and maybe a banner "The Hibs are having a party, Waxy's in his bed" - homemade of course.

He who dares wins Rodney.

Sure we went through this with Malmo flights when they still had some Irish mob to beat and it paid off once again.

For what its worth I'd have preferred the Icelandics to win as well as we'd have had a better chance to progress and get a proper trip in the following round. Ne'er mind eh.

cabbageandribs1875
30-06-2016, 10:26 PM
3-0 brondby tie over

lucky
30-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Where's Waxy gone from this thread?

CB_NO3
30-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Did anyone ever think this was in doubt? There must be 300+ Hibs fans that booked up the day of the draw.

erin go bragh
30-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Well done to all that booked Danish flights and digs .
Did anyone book for Iceland ?

green with envy
30-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Did anyone ever think this was in doubt? There must be 300+ Hibs fans that booked up the day of the draw.

Aye, The Waxy felly did. Don't thinks he's going to be particularly happy when he sees the score.

BoomtownHibees
30-06-2016, 10:32 PM
We're all going on a European Tour (apart from Waxy)

HibbyKeith
30-06-2016, 10:35 PM
For anyone not watching, Brondby comfortably in the lead but were really lucky a couple of minutes before they made it 0-2 with Valur missing an absolute sitter.

While Brondby have been okay, this other mob are honking at the back so it's difficult to judge just how much trouble Brondby would give Hibs.

0-4

Nevi_SOL
30-06-2016, 10:36 PM
4-0

HTD1875
30-06-2016, 10:36 PM

Up ye.

MacBean
30-06-2016, 10:40 PM
4-0 screamer

Andy74
30-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Weren't we told quite clearly that Brondby won't win?

lucky
30-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Those who have guaranteed your Copenhagen hotel with cancellation, it's worth looking at booking and paying upfront now that the tie is over. Could be some savings in it. I've changed our hotel from 3 star Richmond to 4 Star Copenhagen Island and saved a few pounds. Also paying in pounds now takes away any fluctuation in the pound. Can't wait. Come on you Greens.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2016, 10:47 PM
For those watching how good do Brondby look?

silverhibee
30-06-2016, 10:49 PM
1-4

BoomtownHibees
30-06-2016, 10:49 PM
4-1. Maybe Waxy was right......

MacBean
30-06-2016, 10:50 PM
4-1 last kick of the ball

MacBean
30-06-2016, 10:51 PM
For those watching how good do Brondby look?

lots of neat possession but they aren't up against much threat, far ahead of Valur, difficult to tell how they would be against us.

Valur far worse than any team In Our division

SteveHFC
30-06-2016, 10:53 PM
4-1 last kick of the ball

Valur to win 4-0 next week.

Brøndbyfan
30-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Weren't we told quite clearly that Brondby won't win?
We were playing against an Islandic team, and Iceland just won against England, so clearly they were favourites, though they are semi professional and don't have any players from the national team ;)

To the one asking about -sen og -son:
-sen is the Danish equivalent of -son, and the player in question is Danish. Actually there were two -sen, both Danish.

To those asking about Brøndby's quality: Brøndby were only fielding half the normal starting 11, and this tie was considered a part of our pre-season. The lads have been training hard throughout the week, and even did a session earlier today. I still wouldn't make too many judgements about the actual level, as they aren't expected to be anywhere near their level yet.

If you haven't booked your flights home yet you are welcome to stay, btw. That way you can stay in the EU ;)

Congrats to the ones who took the gamble and saved some money on booking early.

MacBean
30-06-2016, 11:05 PM
We were playing against an Islandic team, and Iceland just won against England, so clearly they were favourites, though they are semi professional and don't have any players from the national team ;)

-sen is the Danish equivalent of -son, and the player in question is Danish. Actually there were two -sen, both Danish.

To those asking about Brøndby's quality: Brøndby were only fielding half the normal starting 11, and this tie was considered a part of our pre-season. The lads have been training hard throughout the week, and even did a session earlier today. I still wouldn't make too many judgements about the actual level, as they aren't expected to be anywhere near their level yet.

If you haven't booked your flights home yet you are welcome to stay, btw. That way you can stay in the EU ;)

:aok:
Make sure you join us for a few beers when we visit

BS44
30-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Names of cheap pubs would be appreciated ☺

lucky
30-06-2016, 11:21 PM

Any pubs in the town centre willing to accommodate 500 Hibs fans and do us a deal on the price of the beer? Not wanting to put you under any pressure but we were well looked after in Malmo

Leithenhibby
30-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Any pubs in the town centre willing to accommodate 500 Hibs fans and do us a deal on the price of the beer? Not wanting to put you under any pressure but we were well looked after in Malmo

:greengrin

Brøndbyfan
30-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Names of cheap pubs would be appreciated ☺
As I wrote on an earlier occasion, if the weather is good, do it like the danes and buy a ****load of beer (very cheap in the supermarkets, down to 30 pence or so) and go to a park or one of the lakes.

If the weather is typical Danish (wind and rain) I would suggest either some places in Vestergade og maybe "Den glade gris" (The happy pig). I think they do pints at about 30-35 kr (usually 3-3,5£, but your currency seems to be loosing value rapidly). They have Guinness as well and are favored by Man Utd-fans. I think it's quite popular among British expats.

Brøndbyfan
30-06-2016, 11:35 PM
You could try calling Rosie McGee's. They used to do a deal for Brøndby fans before local derbies. I think they have a capacity of about 400. http://www.rosiemcgee.dk/uk/
But what's the fun of staying in a British/Irish inspired pub full of Scots when visiting a foreign country? ;)

Iggy Pope
30-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Cheers Waxy, took your advice about the "insurance" idea not being worth a flip and lumped on Brondby.
175 to the good in Bet365 after tonight's wagers which covers my low cost flights and digs with a bit to spare as well - for a cigar and maybe a banner "The Hibs are having a party, Waxy's in his bed" - homemade of course.

He who dares wins Rodney.

Sure we went through this with Malmo flights when they still had some Irish mob to beat and it paid off once again.

For what its worth I'd have preferred the Icelandics to win as well as we'd have had a better chance to progress and get a proper trip in the following round. Ne'er mind eh.

:agree: Must get an address for the postcards.

Brøndbyfan
30-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Make sure you join us for a few beers when we visit
Thanks. I might do that :aok:

HibbyAl
30-06-2016, 11:42 PM
As I wrote on an earlier occasion, if the weather is good, do it like the danes and buy a ****load of beer (very cheap in the supermarkets, down to 30 pence or so) and go to a park or one of the lakes.

If the weather is typical Danish (wind and rain) I would suggest either some places in Vestergade og maybe "Den glade gris" (The happy pig). I think they do pints at about 30-35 kr (usually 3-3,5£, but your currency seems to be loosing value rapidly). They have Guinness as well and are favored by Man Utd-fans. I think it's quite popular among British expats.

And where's the best place/area for booking a hotel that's close to the pubs or just anywhere central Copenhagen?

I'm seeing city centre and also vesterbro. Is vesterbro still city centre?

Stokesy's on fire
30-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Where's Waxy gone from this thread?

Sky scanner

Iggy Pope
30-06-2016, 11:51 PM
You could try calling Rosie McGee's. They used to do a deal for Brøndby fans before local derbies. I think they have a capacity of about 400. http://www.rosiemcgee.dk/uk/
But what's the fun of staying in a British/Irish inspired pub full of Scots when visiting a foreign country? ;)

Spot on. And anyway, the fellah in Malmo was a Glasgow not so cheap fellah in the end.

Brøndbyfan
30-06-2016, 11:56 PM
And where's the best place/area for booking a hotel that's close to the pubs or just anywhere central Copenhagen?

I'm seeing city centre and also vesterbro. Is vesterbro still city centre?

Vesterbro (Western Bridge) is very much city center. I must admit I don't know too many hotels. If you are a small pack you could try Danhostel Copenhagen City right next to Tivoli, which is very close to everything and quite cheap as far as I recall. Rooms for 6-10 people. But apart from that I think you're better off using tripadvisor, hotels.com or likewise than using my guidance.

HibbyAl
01-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Vesterbro (Western Bridge) is very much city center. I must admit I don't know too many hotels. If you are a small pack you could try Danhostel Copenhagen City right next to Tivoli, which is very close to everything and quite cheap as far as I recall. Rooms for 6-10 people. But apart from that I think you're better off using tripadvisor, hotels.com or likewise than using my guidance.

Cheers, will look for a hotel close to Tivoli / Central Station.

monktonharp
01-07-2016, 12:22 AM
But what's the fun of staying in a British/Irish inspired pub full of Scots when visiting a foreign country? ;)the fun would be, to get a decent pint of beer at a reasonably decent price. However, I would say the downside is that we don't get the chance to mix with locals. I am sure, that most Hibernian fans would be delighted to have a song and dance with your own fans while we are there. Especially with the Danish girls who all have pigtail hairdos. :greengrin

Brøndbyfan
01-07-2016, 12:43 AM
the fun would be, to get a decent pint of beer at a reasonably decent price. However, I would say the downside is that we don't get the chance to mix with locals. I am sure, that most Hibernian fans would be delighted to have a song and dance with your own fans while we are there. Especially with the Danish girls who all have pigtail hairdos. :greengrin
The bigger places also tend to be more expensive though, so however much you can make a deal for will probably just take you down to the prices at a normal sized bar away from the touristy areas - which is generally also where the locals go.

Waxy
01-07-2016, 05:39 AM
Haha i wasnt staying up for this game. Anyone can be wrong :)

marinello59
01-07-2016, 05:50 AM
:agree: Must get an address for the postcards.

#postcardforwaxy

Mr White
01-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Aye but not many can carry it off with such grace and diplomacy :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Did anyone watch the game?
Just wanted to know if Brondby were good, or valur are really poor

Johnny Clash
01-07-2016, 09:40 AM
The bigger places also tend to be more expensive though, so however much you can make a deal for will probably just take you down to the prices at a normal sized bar away from the touristy areas - which is generally also where the locals go.

Every time I've been in The Dubliner there has been a good mix of Danish locals, the Irish community living in Copenhagen and tourists from all over. Usually the night ends in a sing song with everyone dancing on the big wooden tables. A big venue, live music with plenty seats outside.

BonnieFitbaTeam
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM

The bar in my Avatar is/was in Copenhagen but I have no idea what it was called. It was beside a wee square :dunno:

Hope that helps...:greengrin

green.oracle
01-07-2016, 10:12 AM
The bar in my Avatar is/was in Copenhagen but I have no idea what it was called. It was beside a wee square :dunno:

Hope that helps...:greengrin

Naw that was in odense

BonnieFitbaTeam
01-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Naw that was in odense

You're absolutely right !

Old age disnae come itsel' ! :rolleyes:

SmithyHibee
01-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Anyone flying from Manchester on the 21st?

paddy1875
01-07-2016, 10:42 AM

I was looking at it, it's £180 return coming back on the Friday or Saturday. How are u getting to Manchester?

Dashing Bob S
01-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Nobody thinking that Valur can turn it round?

norhfc
01-07-2016, 12:21 PM

I'm traveling from Norway for this game, been to Copenhagen quite a few times. Know what you mean about large city center Irish type bars but it's gonna happen, I would rather go local but no Hibs know where to go, and will be staying central. Is The Scotsman Pub just round the corner from Rosie's still open ?

MacBean
01-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Did anyone watch the game?
Just wanted to know if Brondby were good, or valur are really poor

I watched it last night. Valur were poor, Brondby clinical in second half. Think there was a change to shape in the second half and they went 2 up front and paid off. 4th goal was something special. Have to remember Valur are a semi-pro part time team, so it's hard to judge how good Brondby are.

A lot of good possession from Brondby, but their defence did look a bit shaky with the simplest of balls on the counter attack from Valur. Valur missed a couple of chances (hit the bar from 3 yards out at 1-0) and their goal was a “Fifa-esque” cut back, last kick of the ball.

Brondby in control of the game possession and chance wise from the start. Should have been a couple up by HT.

Will no doubt be 3+ goals to Brondby in the return leg

Keith_M
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM

See you in Copenhagen

:greengrin

Waxy
01-07-2016, 05:13 PM

See you in Copenhagen

:greengrinWish i could. Some folks are no rich and cant get time off work. Hope it's a cracking trip for everyone. I'll be at the home leg.

MKHIBEE
01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Nobody thinking that Valur can turn it round?
Waxy?

ben johnson
01-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Wish i could. Some folks are no rich and cant get time off work. Hope it's a cracking trip for everyone. I'll be at the home leg.

Fair play to you Waxy. You could have stayed away from the posting but your taking it on the chin.

MKHIBEE
01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I was looking at it, it's £180 return coming back on the Friday or Saturday. How are u getting to Manchester?

You can still get returns from Luton to Copenhagen for around £80

paddy1875
01-07-2016, 05:34 PM
You can still get returns from Luton to Copenhagen for around £80

I did see that, what's the best way to get to Luton tho?

Waxy
01-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Waxy?

No i doubt it very much.Think i'd overestimated Valur in the first place :)

wazoo1875
01-07-2016, 05:49 PM
I did see that, what's the best way to get to Luton tho?

I'm flying to Luton from Edinburgh on Thursday morning and then onto Copenhagen back on Friday 210 all in. Not that cheap but at least we get 1 night there on the don revie 👍🏻

lyonhibs
01-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Just a small comment here, but how awesome is it to have a local fan giving you guys tips etc in frankly better English than half you luddites on here 😝

Keith_M
01-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Just a small comment here, but how awesome is it to have a local fan giving you guys tips etc in frankly better English than half you luddites on here 

Whit de ye mean?

paddy1875
01-07-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm flying to Luton from Edinburgh on Thursday morning and then onto Copenhagen back on Friday 210 all in. Not that cheap but at least we get 1 night there on the don revie ddc4dcdffb

Flying back to Edinburgh?

MacBean
01-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Every time I've been in The Dubliner there has been a good mix of Danish locals, the Irish community living in Copenhagen and tourists from all over. Usually the night ends in a sing song with everyone dancing on the big wooden tables. A big venue, live music with plenty seats outside.

Dubliner already booked up for a Hibs party.

the pie eater
01-07-2016, 08:19 PM

3 of us on the 10.45 the now. Maybe a few more. 3 are going a few dys before. We are all on the 14.10 back on the 22nd.

wazoo1875
01-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Flying back to Edinburgh?

No mate flight back to Luton was 18 quid. Back to Edinburgh at 3pm on friday

LancashireHibby
01-07-2016, 09:22 PM
3 of us on the 10.45 the now. Maybe a few more. 3 are going a few dys before. We are all on the 14.10 back on the 22nd.
I'm waiting for clearance from work but hoping for the same flight out on the Thursday. Not planning on bothering with a hotel though and getting the 8.30am flight back to Manc and hopefully back in my own bed 12 hours after full time!

the pie eater
01-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm waiting for clearance from work but hoping for the same flight out on the Thursday. Not planning on bothering with a hotel though and getting the 8.30am flight back to Manc and hopefully back in my own bed 12 hours after full time!

I've booked into the bedwood hostel £28.

Brøndbyfan
01-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Just a small comment here, but how awesome is it to have a local fan giving you guys tips etc in frankly better English than half you luddites on here 
Haha. Thanks very much. I might even start throwing in a few "craics" and "wees" in the mix :wink:

I'm traveling from Norway for this game, been to Copenhagen quite a few times. Know what you mean about large city center Irish type bars but it's gonna happen, I would rather go local but no Hibs know where to go, and will be staying central. Is The Scotsman Pub just round the corner from Rosie's still open ?
Yeah I think it's still open. There's also the Shamrock inn just around the next corner. I get what you're saying about the common decision making for places. It's hard to convince people of taking something that's not the "safe choice".

BS44
01-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Haha. Thanks very much. I might even start throwing in a few "craics" and "wees" in the mix :wink:

Yeah I think it's still open. There's also the Shamrock inn just around the next corner. I get what you're saying about the common decision making for places. It's hard to convince people of taking something that's not the "safe choice".

What's The Moose like? I see it's open from 2pm until 7am :scarf:

Brøndbyfan
01-07-2016, 10:49 PM
What's The Moose like? I see it's open from 2pm until 7am :scarf:
If you want and with a bit of knowhow, it's possible to stay out 24 hours a day in the weekends in Copenhagen. A very regulated country with very liberal laws in the area of alcohol consumption. The Moose isn't too bad. They have a big outside area in the back, which is quite nice in the warm summer nights/early mornings i Denmark. It's generally where people go if they haven't secured a place to stay for the night by 4 am. The girls there aren't bad at all though. Been there, done that :wink:

Calvin
01-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Can't wait to go back to the Mikkeller bars and Warpigs again - have just booked a table for BRUS for the Wednesday night too which should be immense. Only slightly concerned that I won't bump into any other Hibees in these places!