PDA

View Full Version : Michael McGovern

seanoheimhin
21-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Heard someone say on BBC that McGovern is out of contract at Hamilton.

Played a stormer today for NI against Germany. Definitely think we need a goalkeeper. Any chance of us making him an offer?

SaulGoodman
21-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Absolutely no chance now.

Heisenberg
21-06-2016, 05:58 PM
We might make him an offer but there's no hope we'd get him.

Finn2015
21-06-2016, 05:59 PM
I'd imagine a English championship club would be his next stop

Pete
21-06-2016, 05:59 PM
No thanks.

Logan would have kept a clean sheet today.

FitbaFolkKen
21-06-2016, 06:00 PM
There was a bit of chat about Stubbs being interested a while back,I think he has earned himself a decent move with his performances so far in the competition.

Hezbelle
21-06-2016, 06:30 PM
The Rangers seem convinced he's heading their way

AlbertK86
21-06-2016, 07:12 PM

What to oust England's nimber 1!!!!

OsloHibs
21-06-2016, 07:18 PM
He was brilliant today. I hope he gets his big move. He deserves it.

nellio
21-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Played superbly today. Out of our reach now I would imagine.

JohnM1875
21-06-2016, 07:27 PM
We might make him an offer but there's no hope we'd get him.

Really? Come one. I totally agree he played a blinder today, and in fact, has played well all tournament. But if we have no hope of signing a free keeper who played for a team who finished third bottom of the SPL and conceded 55 goals last season then it's time to start worrying! He's played for Ross County, Falkirk and Hamilton so I think he'd sign for Hibs.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2016, 07:28 PM

I'd be shocked if that happened. He might not pass their fans 'character' test. Ex Celtic as well.

renato
21-06-2016, 07:35 PM
I'd be shocked if that happened. He might not pass their fans 'character' test. Ex Celtic as well.

Was he one of the national anthem "non singers" brigade? They won't like that...

Hezbelle
21-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Yeah he was a non singer.

The Harp
21-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Yeah he was a non singer.

Good on him.

stokesmessiah
21-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Really? Come one. I totally agree he played a blinder today, and in fact, has played well all tournament. But if we have no hope of signing a free keeper who played for a team who finished third bottom of the SPL and conceded 55 goals last season then it's time to start worrying! He's played for Ross County, Falkirk and Hamilton so I think he'd sign for Hibs.

Weirdest logic ever.

JohnM1875
21-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Weirdest logic ever.

Don't think it's weird logic to suggest we have a chance of signing a free agent because we'd be the biggest club he would have played for. Didn't ever get a game for Celtic if I'm right. We'd be able to offer him more wages than all of his previous clubs and I'm sure he's well aware Hibs are a big club. I'm not for a second saying he will sign, but I think it's mental to suggest we don't have a chance.

Jones28
21-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Not a hope in hell after that performance

stokesmessiah
21-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Don't think it's weird logic to suggest we have a chance of signing a free agent because we'd be the biggest club he would have played for. Didn't ever get a game for Celtic if I'm right. We'd be able to offer him more wages than all of his previous clubs and I'm sure he's well aware Hibs are a big club. I'm not for a second saying he will sign, but I think it's mental to suggest we don't have a chance.

He has had a great tournament and is a free agent, where he has been is about as relevant as what i had for my dinner. He will have managers tripping over themselves at a much higher level (wages and/or league) than us. So yes, we have a chance but the same kind of chance i did at landing the Hibs job which i applied for after Mixu's demise.

s.a.m
21-06-2016, 08:50 PM
There was mild 'banter' in the R5 studio earlier about there being one manager present who might want to do something about his contract situation.

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Decent shot stopper, then again so is logan. Decent performances in these tournaments are always going to inflate value, Wrightly or wrongly.

JohnM1875
21-06-2016, 08:53 PM
He has had a great tournament and is a free agent, where he has been is about as relevant as what i had for my dinner. He will have managers tripping over themselves at a much higher level (wages and/or league) than us. So yes, we have a chance but the same kind of chance i did at landing the Hibs job which i applied for after Mixu's demise.

You are absolutely mental if you think a manager will sign him solely on a few good performances in the last week and not look at his past or current level he's playing at!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Heard someone say on BBC that McGovern is out of contract at Hamilton.

Played a stormer today for NI against Germany. Definitely think we need a goalkeeper. Any chance of us making him an offer?

I've only read your OP but, after a performance like that do you think its worthwhile us even bothering? come on now eh.

stokesmessiah
21-06-2016, 09:09 PM
You are absolutely mental if you think a manager will sign him solely on a few good performances in the last week and not look at his past or current level he's playing at!

Ok, your right and i am wrong.

Because for sure that would be the weirdest thing a manager has ever done. Signed a goalkeeper on the back of impressive performances against some of the best players in the world who is available for nothing and would have crappy wage demands. Oh, wait a minute he was at Ross County and Hamilton, he is not worth a punt after all.:aok:

JohnM1875
21-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Ok, your right and i am wrong.

Because for sure that would be the weirdest thing a manager has ever done. Signed a goalkeeper on the back of impressive performances against some of the best players in the world who is available for nothing and would have crappy wage demands. Oh, wait a minute he was at Ross County and Hamilton, he is not worth a punt after all.:aok:

He had a stand out performance (fair enough against arguably the best team in the world right now and is rightly being praised for it!) Logan had a stand out performance against Dundee united in the semi (Also i'll admit, not Germany!)

What I'm saying is if he was that great I think someone would have taken notice before now and snapped him up when he's been at clubs like County, Falkirk and Hamilton. To me, the years he's spent there would suggest that's his level. And the standout performance against Germany was more of a one off.

Basically, I think we have a chance of signing him is all haha.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Good on him.

Can't he carry a tune in a bucket like?

Enough said
21-06-2016, 09:50 PM
no thanks.

Logan would have kept a clean sheet today.

this

Sir David Gray
21-06-2016, 10:25 PM

I don't think he'll be "Rangers minded" enough for a lot of their fans to be honest.

Andy74
21-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Played well most of the game but I thought his punt up the park when N Ireland had a great passing spell put them in trouble ahead of the goal. He should have tried to keep the possession going.

SJM
21-06-2016, 10:39 PM
We need a new goalie and hopefully Oxley agrees to a release but MM will end up down South. :agree:

J-C
22-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Played well most of the game but I thought his punt up the park when N Ireland had a great passing spell put them in trouble ahead of the goal. He should have tried to keep the possession going.

This may be the reason he's played the majority of his career in Scottish football and at it's lower level, Ross Co, Falkirk and Hamilton and he is 31 now, so not a spring chicken, a bit like Logan in that he's capable of making great saves but mistakes are always in his game.