PDA

View Full Version : Hibs must be making £oads!

Hibbyradge
20-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Apart from the money from the cup attendances and prize money, the higher level of season ticket renewals, the share take up and the increase in HSL donations must be must be filling the coffers nicely.

Add to that the photos with the cup and the merchandise sales and it should see our turnover at an impressive level this year.

The guy in the shop on Friday told me that they'd shifted 1700 of the #Persevered T-shirts in 24 hours!

I don't know how much they cost Hibs to buy in, but that's a lot of £17's going through the till.

We'll get that helicopter landing pad yet!

Ozyhibby
20-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Shop was certainly doing good business on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
20-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Just imagine if they managed to get the finger out and stock an complete range of high quality cup final clothes, homewear, images etc etc etc.

Jumbo
20-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Was in shop today and only a handful of kids and ladies Persevered tshirts in stock, must've had busy weekend 👍

jgl07
20-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Cup Replica tops with 'Scottish Cup Winners 2016'.

Maybe an optional 'against Sevco'!

southsider
20-06-2016, 07:52 PM

Maybe an optional 'against Sevco'!l No leave them off it. No one remembers losers

Jones28
20-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Someone on here was saying that won't happen because Nike are refuse to make more.

High-On-Hibs
20-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Someone on here was saying that won't happen because Nike are refuse to make more.

Why would they refuse to make more of a product that they're getting paid to make?

snooky
20-06-2016, 08:51 PM

If that's the case, tell Nike to take a Hike.

007 Mickey Weir
20-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Yup Nike have stopped it seemingly. Want to sell new top instead

monktonharp
20-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Was in shop today and only a handful of kids and ladies Persevered tshirts in stock, must've had busy weekend I was in, quite early on Sunday. got a persevered for my daughter, but could find hardly Anything for my wee g/daughter who was with us. she ended up with a pencil a rubber and an autograph book. disappointed, as ever at the stock. only had xxl or 2xl (whatever that is) for mens sizes or small . also, a shelf with 2 flags, and a duffle bag thingy which might have a bigger flag

Onion
21-06-2016, 03:42 AM
Yup Nike have stopped it seemingly. Want to sell new top instead

Then Nike, like the SFA and media, just don't understand. Seriously, the extended Hibs fan base stretches into 10s of thousands, and a SC win was always going to be a marketers dream. It's ok for a company the size of Nike to miss out, but Hibs will never have a similar opportunity again. It was a gift from the money printing gods, and the club is losing out big time. Looking increasing like the unofficial merchandisers will have to backfill and take all the profits that should be going to the club !!

GreenLake
21-06-2016, 04:27 AM

Nike also lost Stephen Curry to Under Armor and failed to recognize his superstar potential. Curry is now the 3rd most popular player after LeBron and Kobe. Hibs should move to Under Armour.

Keith_M
21-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Surely if Nike are refusing to make Cup Final T-Shirts then Hibs could just get somebody else to make them.

I'd imagine there are thousands of companies that could do it.

hibbymark
21-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Surely if Nike are refusing to make Cup Final T-Shirts then Hibs could just get somebody else to make them.

I'd imagine there are thousands of companies that could do it.

I wondered why Hibs hadn't just got thousands of t-shirts etc printed locally and sold through the shop but bearing in mind I'm sure the Hibs shop is franchised by Nike and is essentially a Nike store,I would guess the terms of the franchise agreement would mean they have the licence for all clothing sold through the store (Nike/Avec) .

These sort of commercial decisions (like outsourcing the catering ) will all be getting reviewed under Dempsters leadership.

Being sold old out of strips at this time would normally be seen as a really positive situation as normally the club would be essentially closed down for the summer.

The marketing team must however going forward be more demanding of suppliers regarding delivery and launch of the following seasons strip. Surely this has to be launched before the schools finish up for the summer holidays I.e the traditional Edinburgh trades at the end of June/begin July as everyone wants the new top for their holidays.

Totally frustrating that Hibs have a preverbial licence to print money here and don't appear to do anything about it.

IWasThere2016
21-06-2016, 06:23 AM
RP and that cad STF lining their pockets as per :wink:

Keith_M
21-06-2016, 06:40 AM
I wondered why Hibs hadn't just got thousands of t-shirts etc printed locally and sold through the shop but bearing in mind I'm sure the Hibs shop is franchised by Nike and is essentially a Nike store,I would guess the terms of the franchise agreement would mean they have the licence for all clothing sold through the store (Nike/Avec) .

These sort of commercial decisions (like outsourcing the catering ) will all be getting reviewed under Dempsters leadership. .

If that's the case, then somebody made a monumental blunder. FWIW, I totally disagree with the concept of having the Club Shop as the sole outlet for Strips, etc.

Ronniekirk
21-06-2016, 07:28 AM
This thread gets more depressing by the day Have taken the day off to go to Edinburgh and get my photo taken with the Cup so far so good
Had planned to spend decent money in the shop but if Monktonharp is correct whats in Stock i don't want a pencil and rubber or the last duffel bag (reminds me of school )
This Franchised out stuff is doing my nut in They are there to serve the customer which is us
At this present time i am not really interested in next years strip to be honest . i want quality products commemorating our historic cup win ,and if the shop manager is around i will be having. word in his ear
Nike logo is Just Do It , so get the finger out ,or i will be outsourcing other products
My daughter for Fathers Day did get me a Scarf with hash tag persevere ,and a nice pen in a pre packaged box with the same logo and Scottish cup winners 2016 on them ,so she must of got those on line ,so will get her to show me where she located them in case there are now more options on there
Sir Tom could branch out and set up a wee firm churning out what we want and open a wee shop on Easter road or in Leith temporarily to sell them Is that not what Entrepreneurs do ,meet demand when Nike clearly aren't that interested
Rant over am not going to let it spoil my day and suppose i will just have to hash tag PERSEVERE

SuperAllyMcleod
21-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Nike also lost Stephen Curry to Under Armor and failed to recognize his superstar potential. Curry is now the 3rd most popular player after LeBron and Kobe. Hibs should move to Under Armour.

Who are Curry, LeBron and Kobe? What team do they play for? I'm assuming they have nothing to do with fitba?

Bob1875
21-06-2016, 08:41 AM
So if I goto the store today I won't be able to get a home or away strip?

Bristolhibby
21-06-2016, 08:46 AM

Guys, go to a local stitch and print shop and get the wording embriordy drew on your jerseys. £6 for the stitching.

That's where mine is at the moment. A great little momento.

J

Hibbyradge
21-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Don't forget yon Ponzi fellow.

Stokesy's on fire
21-06-2016, 09:10 AM
So if I goto the store today I won't be able to get a home or away strip?

No

I contacted hibs and asked a while back if they would be releasing the cup winning shirt

The reply was No Nike wanted minimum order of 4000 home shirts with a lead time of 3 maybe 4 months. The club decided not to go with it due to the new shirt coming out soon.

I would have preferred hibs to release the same shirt again for next season so we could all have been able to get one. Maybe a new away strip though.

Spudster
21-06-2016, 09:19 AM
If that's the case, tell Nike to take a Hike.

I own a business that works with Nike. One of the worst run companies I've ever had the displeasure to work with. They couldn't care less about the numbers being talked about. 4000 Hibs shirts is a drop in the ocean to them unfortunately.

hibsmad
21-06-2016, 09:29 AM
No

I contacted hibs and asked a while back if they would be releasing the cup winning shirt

The reply was No Nike wanted minimum order of 4000 home shirts with a lead time of 3 maybe 4 months. The club decided not to go with it due to the new shirt coming out soon.

I would have preferred hibs to release the same shirt again for next season so we could all have been able to get one. Maybe a new away strip though.

Exactly, Nike won't refuse to make more, but they would need a minimum order. Apparently, if it was last seasons strip then ordering more would not have been a problem as it was a generic design. This seasons strip was modified for Hibs with different sleeves.

This is what I'd like Hibs to do. Release last seasons strip on pre-order. Make it clear to everyone that the order cannot be processed until 4k have been ordered to meet Nikes requirements (I think we would achieve this easy). Once we have received the 4k orders it will then be another X amount of months wait.

Done. Hibs have the orders in place before purchasing stock, the fans are happy, and Hibs make (even more) money.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Exactly, Nike won't refuse to make more, but they would need a minimum order. Apparently, if it was last seasons strip then ordering more would not have been a problem as it was a generic design. This seasons strip was modified for Hibs with different sleeves.

This is what I'd like Hibs to do. Release last seasons strip on pre-order. Make it clear to everyone that the order cannot be processed until 4k have been ordered to meet Nikes requirements (I think we would achieve this easy). Once we have received the 4k orders it will then be another X amount of months wait.

Done. Hibs have the orders in place before purchasing stockw, the fans are happy, and Hibs make (even more) money.

Except, most people wouldn't buy next season's shirt too, so no more income would be received.

hibsmad
21-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Except, most people wouldn't buy next season's shirt too, so no more income would be received.

What about all the people who already have last seasons strip? They aren't going to buy it again. Also as these are the people who bought a strip last season then they are the ones most likely to buy next seasons as well. The sales from re-releasing last season would therefore be a bonus (more income).

Or take someone like me for example. I rarely buy the new strip when it is released unless it is one that I really like. I probably therefore won't buy next seasons, and I believe that a lot of people would also fall into this category. If however Hibs released a "last chance to own a piece of history" replica strip from last season then I'd be in for it straight away (more income).

I don't really see there being a large group of people who would buy last seasons over this.

Ozyhibby
21-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Last seasons strip was on sale most of last season, why did people not buy it then?

ozwoody
21-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Whats the template of the kit? Im thinking of ordering one from Nike and getting badge and scottish cup winner embroidered on it.not too fussed with sponser logo

Bob1875
21-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Wonder how many clubstores in Britain wouldn't stock their own replica shirt if you walked in right now.

hibsmad
21-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Last seasons strip was on sale most of last season, why did people not buy it then?

Because we hadn't won the cup :aok:

hibsmad
21-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Whats the template of the kit? Im thinking of ordering one from Nike and getting badge and scottish cup winner embroidered on it.not too fussed with sponser logo

It's not an exact template. The strip was modified as Hibs wanted different sleeves.

egb_hibs
21-06-2016, 10:34 AM

Funny you should say that - NY Cosmos 2016:

http://cdn.soccerbible.com/media/25134/ny-cosmos-kit-launch-8.jpg

nellio
21-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Surely we're going to be hit with a rather large fine by the SFA though? Would be surprised if we weren't fined!! That will take some money out of the club.

Onceinawhile
21-06-2016, 10:39 AM

And yet LeBron is going home with a ring and curry isn't.

lyonhibs
21-06-2016, 10:40 AM

:dizzy::dizzy:

Do away with the daft hoops on the sleeves and that is orgasmo-beautiful.

SanFranHibs
21-06-2016, 11:17 AM

As long as they are not doing anything so foolish as paying the bills.

Can never be a big club if we don't rack up some debt and default. Showing a real lack of ambition.

:flag:

Stokesy's on fire
21-06-2016, 11:58 AM

some fans don't buy strips this one has sentimental value though.

marinello59
21-06-2016, 12:01 PM

Sentimental value if worn by a player on the day. Otherwise it's just a replica top for me.

SteveHFC
21-06-2016, 12:10 PM

Anyone know where i could buy that. :drool:

Godsahibby
21-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Anyone know where i could buy that. :drool:

http://u90soccer.com/under-armour-new-york-cosmos-away-jersey-56143.html

Had a look, ships internationally.

Ozyhibby
21-06-2016, 12:36 PM

I suggest you buy this years strip then because I think we will win it again. [emoji3]
People who bought last years strip have been rewarded for their faith in the club. Good luck to them.

hibsmad
21-06-2016, 01:15 PM
I suggest you buy this years strip then because I think we will win it again. [emoji3]
People who bought last years strip have been rewarded for their faith in the club. Good luck to them.

Not really sure if you are :fishin: or not. Surely you must be...

Well, just incase you aren't. Rewarding fans who had the faith to buy a strip is a new one! The chat here is whether Hibs could increase profits from making last seasons top available again.

Given your constant links to HSL (which I applaud you for), I find it a little strange that you seem so keen to dismiss something that could add a few extra quid to the bank balance.

lyonhibs
21-06-2016, 01:52 PM
http://u90soccer.com/under-armour-new-york-cosmos-away-jersey-56143.html

Had a look, ships internationally.

What the **** are soccer shoes?

Ozyhibby
21-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Not really sure if you are :fishin: or not. Surely you must be...

Well, just incase you aren't. Rewarding fans who had the faith to buy a strip is a new one! The chat here is whether Hibs could increase profits from making last seasons top available again.

Given your constant links to HSL (which I applaud you for), I find it a little strange that you seem so keen to dismiss something that could add a few extra quid to the bank balance.

I've just never heard of a club ordering in fresh stock of last years strip when the new one is coming out. The club will want everyone to buy this years strip. That's how it works. There is plenty the club need to do better as far as making money from the cup win and I'm sure they are trying their best to catch up but on this one I'm in full agreement. They have a new strip coming out (should have been out by now) and they will be focusing all their marketing on that. Clubs only ever sell their current strips because they have commercial deals with sportswear companies and sponsirs.

hughio
21-06-2016, 02:31 PM

These sort of commercial decisions (like outsourcing the catering ) will all be getting reviewed under Dempsters leadership.

Being sold old out of strips at this time would normally be seen as a really positive situation as normally the club would be essentially closed down for the summer.

The marketing team must however going forward be more demanding of suppliers regarding delivery and launch of the following seasons strip. Surely this has to be launched before the schools finish up for the summer holidays I.e the traditional Edinburgh trades at the end of June/begin July as everyone wants the new top for their holidays.

Totally frustrating that Hibs have a preverbial licence to print money here and don't appear to do anything about it.

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

The "catering "has been a bugbear of mine for years.

The Club just pass it on to some franchisee who doesn't give a monkey for anything other than his profit cut.
Club could be selling decent fare at good prices and make money.Just a bit of effort needed.
My (polite) letter to HFC on this topic didn't even get acknowledged.

LEANNE?

Ozyhibby
21-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Agree with you wholeheartedly.

The "catering "has been a bugbear of mine for years.

The Club just pass it on to some franchisee who doesn't give a monkey for anything other than his profit cut.
Club could be selling decent fare at good prices and make money.Just a bit of effort needed.
My (polite) letter to HFC on this topic didn't even get acknowledged.

LEANNE?

Catering has just been taken back in house I think. Don't know if it's got any better yet though. Hopefully retail is next.

greenlex
22-06-2016, 12:36 AM
And yet LeBron is going home with a ring and curry isn't.

I once had a curry that did things to my ring.

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 01:32 AM
Catering has just been taken back in house I think. Don't know if it's got any better yet though. Hopefully retail is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyou don't seem to have much news to tell us, do you. you think catering is in house, and if it is you don't know if its better although you hope the retail side of things will be next, if the other parts are true. I can assure you, I will not be impressed, and more than likely be very disappointed as ever. no hard feelings, hopefully. end of.

snooky
22-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Done. Hibs have the orders in place before purchasing stock, the fans are happy, and Hibs make (even more) money.

Where's all those "Erza Macaroon bar" guys when you need a bit of black-marketing?

WoreTheGreen
22-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Where's all those "Erza Macaroon bar" guys when you need a bit of black-marketing?

Spppeeemennnntt chewing gum. Weird combo