PDA

View Full Version : Ched Evans

LustForLeith
20-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Just heard that Chef Evans has signed for Chesterfield on a one year deal and has his retrial for rape in October.

Bit of a brave move by the club. In his last season for Sheffield United he was a player in form but hasn't played since then. Not only that but when he was going to go back to the Blades sponsors threatened to withdrawal from the club.

Would you have taken him at Hibs?

SuperAllyMcleod
20-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I thought the Yams may have been in for him?

Andy74
20-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Just heard that Chef Evans has signed for Chesterfield on a one year deal and has his retrial for rape in October.

Bit of a brave move by the club. In his last season for Sheffield United he was a player in form but hasn't played since then. Not only that but when he was going to go back to the Blades sponsors threatened to withdrawal from the club.

Would you have taken him at Hibs?

Yes, wouldn't have had a problem with it.

20-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Big risk for them taking him on.

RoYO!
20-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Yes, wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Then I'm glad you're not the one making these calls. Opinions eh?

scuttle
20-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't have wanted him at Hibs as its a horrible offence to have a conviction for. Having said that if he wins his retrial then fair play to him he deserves another chance to build his career

DH1875
20-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Then I'm glad you're not the one making these calls. Opinions eh?

Why? If his conviction is overturned and he's found not guilty, why shouldn't he be allowed to rebuild his career?

KWJ
20-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Why? If his conviction is overturned and he's found not guilty, why shouldn't he be allowed to rebuild his career?

You're not wrong but it does put the spotlight on the club in a difficult way. Not worth the hassle.

pacoluna
20-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Posted Today, 01:16 PM
His previous history of similar should stop this but what a downfall of our club

Posted Today, 01:17 PM
Thats me done, another bizarre decision.... What on earth is happening to this club!?!?!?

Spectacularly poor judgement by the club for all of the reasons highlighted over many threads

Posted Today, 01:18 PM
Another success in the board's quest to make us the most unpopular football club ever.

Well done you absolute muppets.

Posted Today, 01:20 PM
Evans the serial abuser and Ebanks-Blake the fat waste of space.

Turner the CEO

What has happened to our wonderful little club

Don't think they are too happy about it, the list of disgusted comments is endless :fuming:

Andy74
20-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Posted Today, 01:16 PM
His previous history of similar should stop this but what a downfall of our club

Thats me done, another bizarre decision.... What on earth is happening to this club!?!?!?

Spectacularly poor judgement by the club for all of the reasons highlighted over many threads

Posted Today, 01:18 PM
Another success in the board's quest to make us the most unpopular football club ever.

Well done you absolute muppets.
Posted Today, 01:20 PM
Evans the serial abuser and Ebanks-Blake the fat waste of space.

Turner the CEO

What has happened to our wonderful little club

Dont think they are too happy about it :fuming:

Yep, wait until he starts scoring goals though..

Wilson
20-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I just don't like the guy and it isn't like we'd be taking a chance and getting someone the calibre of Messi for our trouble. There are plenty of good players we can attract to this club that don't have the baggage. Not for me.

Smartie
20-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Not sure Ched Evans would want to join a club with such a disgusting reputation.

OsloHibs
20-06-2016, 03:44 PM
No.

Thecat23
20-06-2016, 03:59 PM
As it stands he's innocent. If this trial finds him not guilty and if he's any good i'd have him at Hibs.

If he's found guilty after the new trial then no I wouldn't.

Bostonhibby
20-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Can't see it myself, the yam two were guilty and sentenced, can't see them wanting someone who is just awaiting trial, not yam class.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 04:17 PM
I read the story from his point of view on the free Ched Evans website that was put up by his dad and wife/gf/fiance (can't remember which).

It's a believable story that would make him not guilty of breaking the law but it's still a pretty ugly incident of misogyny, adultery, drunkenness, filth and inappropriate behaviour for someone that fans are meant to pay money to support.

We were talking about Peter Guggi in another thread and he was blackballed by the club for (reportedly) less.

Big_Franck
20-06-2016, 04:30 PM
I read the story from his point of view on the free Ched Evans website that was put up by his dad and wife/gf/fiance (can't remember which).

It's a believable story that would make him not guilty of breaking the law but it's still a pretty ugly incident of misogyny, adultery, drunkenness, filth and inappropriate behaviour for someone that fans are meant to pay money to support.

We were talking about Peter Guggi in another thread and he was blackballed by the club for (reportedly) less.

Your middle paragraph could have been written about many, many footballers' actions though. It'll be interesting to see how his retrial goes.

easty
20-06-2016, 05:11 PM

The website put up by his dad and girlfriend possibly isn't the most impartial of sources like.

iwasthere1972
20-06-2016, 05:12 PM

They were but he didn't want to be associated with them as he knows their history.

Pete
20-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Can't see it myself, the yam two were guilty and sentenced, can't see them wanting someone who is just awaiting trial, not yam class.

They could always sign him and tell everyone he is a hero who was tricked.

easty
20-06-2016, 05:28 PM
If the guy is found not guilty then it's a question of whether you're happy for someone with his kind of character to be playing for your club. It wouldn't be an issue for me.

What would be an issue for me, is if we signed someone who's still due up in court on a rape charge. I'd not be happy for Hibs to sign someone under those circumstances at all.

Hibernia&Alba
20-06-2016, 05:34 PM
As it stands he's innocent. If this trial finds him not guilty and if he's any good if have him at Hibs.

If he's found guilty after the new trial then no I wouldn't.

Sensible view. Innocent until proven guilty has to apply to everyone, but I personally wouldn't be offering him a contract until after the re-trial. The issue needs resolving.

Keith_M
20-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Didn't we already do the whole Ched Evans argument a few months back?

Danderhall Hibs
20-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Slight change of subject here but how did Hearts appointing Rix slip through with little or no hassle?

Anytime Evans has been linked to a job there's been uproar, boycotts threatened and petitions. Rix just got a manics song played over the tannoy at Pittidrie.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 05:55 PM
The website put up by his dad and girlfriend possibly isn't the most impartial of sources like.

Indeed but it details his account of the events and I'm saying even with his side of the story paints him in a light that I still wouldn't want him in a Hibs shirt.

Nutmegged
20-06-2016, 05:59 PM
The progression of Social Media allows almost everyone a platform to state their opinion now, Rix appointment at Hearts was just before facebook exploded, Bebo might have been doing thr rounds at the time but it was mainly just fans forums, even those where in their infancy in the grand scheme of things

Hezbelle
20-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I would hate to see him anywhere near the club.

20-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Sensible view. Innocent until proven guilty has to apply to everyone, but I personally wouldn't be offering him a contract until after the re-trial. The issue needs resolving.

He has been found guilty though. As it stands he is guilty, this re-trial is to change that guilty verdict.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 06:08 PM
He has been found guilty though. As it stands he is guilty, this re-trial is to change that guilty verdict.

Don't have it in front of me but I think you are wrong. He had a retrial that found him innocent, this is an appeal on the retrial. Or something like that, as it stands he's innocent of rape.

Here. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-36099522

Hezbelle
20-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Indeed but it details his account of the events and I'm saying even with his side of the story paints him in a light that I still wouldn't want him in a Hibs shirt.

Exactly this. Even in the best case scenario it was still an extremely grubby and questionable incident which, to me, means I wouldn't want him anywhere near Easter Road. No class. And don't get me started on his drop of a fiancee and her family. Have some bloody respect! Even if they believe it wasn't rape, it was still cheating, in a really grim way.

Andy74
20-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Exactly this. Even in the best case scenario it was still an extremely grubby and questionable incident which, to me, means I wouldn't want him anywhere near Easter Road. No class. And don't get me started on his drop of a fiancee and her family. Have some bloody respect! Even if they believe it wasn't rape, it was still cheating, in a really grim way.

Come on now. Let's not get daft about the morality aspect.

You have no idea what our players get up to. Neither should you really. Do you worry about the behaviour of your barman or the guy that scans your shopping?

Hibernia&Alba

Certainly very seedy, but that seems to be widespread amongst footballers, sadly. Arrogance, money, not much brains.

Don't have it in front of me but I think you are wrong. He had a retrial that found him innocent, this is an appeal on the retrial. Or something like that, as it stands he's innocent of rape.

Here. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-36099522

Aww i see! apologies, i've misunderstood the situation then.

Hezbelle
20-06-2016, 06:19 PM

You have no idea what our players get up to. Neither should you really. Do you worry about the behaviour of your barman or the guy that scans your shopping?

No I don't, and don't want to.

We do know about Ched.

I know he thinks nothing of having sex with (raping) semi conscious women whilst his mates film it through the hotel window. I, unfortunately, know he has such disregard for women that he thinks nothing of leaving his fiancee at home and going out deliberately to find pissed girls to ****. I can't unknow these things and I don't want me or my son's cheering him on.

Lots of people live promiscuous lives, have risque encounters and less than vanilla tastes sexually. Not many end up in the dock having to convince a jury the person you were with was able to consent.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 06:21 PM

But that's just it - we do know what he's been up to and I'd imagine there are plenty who'd find it hard to cheer him on or more pressingly want him to represent the club.

Footballers are role models whether they like it or not and there's a far cry from the daft allegations that say, Jason Cummings, has had leveled at him to what Ched Evans is openly saying that he did without even going into what he might have done.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 06:22 PM
No I don't, and don't want to.

We do know about Ched.

I know he thinks nothing of having sex with (raping) semi conscious women whilst his mates film it through the hotel window. I, unfortunately, know he has such disregard for women that he thinks nothing of leaving his fiancee at home and going out to find passed girls to ****. I can't unknow these things and I don't want me or my son's cheering him on.

Lots of people love promiscuous lives, have risque encounters and less than vanilla tastes sexually. Not many end up in the dock having to convince a jury the person you were with did consent.

Well, to jump to the other side, that's just utter pish.

majorhibs
20-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Didn't we already do the whole Ched Evans argument a few months back?

Aye but the permanently desperate to be offended brigade have had very little to rattle their precious cages for a while & that one, albeit it had about zilch to do with Hibs, was obviously a huge old event for the seriously downtrodden offended keyboarders to get onto the highest of their huge horses. It was THAT massive on hibs.net! Check it out! Seriously.

KWJ
20-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Aye but the permanently desperate to be offended brigade have had very little to rattle their precious cages for a while & that one, albeit it had about zilch to do with Hibs, was obviously a huge old event for the seriously downtrodden offended keyboarders to get onto the highest of their huge horses. It was THAT massive on hibs.net! Check it out! Seriously.

Reported.

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm surprised Elton John,Freddie Mercury, Status Quo or indeed numerous bands too many to mention ever sold a record after the life's they have lead?

Danderhall Hibs
20-06-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm surprised Elton John,Freddie Mercury, Status Quo or indeed numerous bands too many to mention ever sold a record after the life's they have lead?

Michael Jackson and Mike Tyson's careers weren't massively affected either.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Imagine people getting offended about what was at the time a rape. Whatever next? Folk getting offended by murder? Perish the thought.

Rape and sexual assault offends me. If that makes me precious so be it. I'd rather be that than whatever the alternative is in such a situation.

majorhibs
20-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Imagine people getting offended about what was at the time a rape. Whatever next? Folk getting offended by murder? Perish the thought.

Rape and sexual assault offends me. If that makes me precious so be it. I'd rather be that than whatever the alternative is in such a situation.

OK. Youd rather be precious. I wwould rather be less hysterical than you & the blouses (mind yer stuff then?) than against someone cos I am spur of the moment big time offended. Drama queens show up well on stages, but hen bletherin fitba, tae be assassinatin peoples lives one way or another, when WE the viewers arenae in court like the judges/juries/witnesses/accused etc well Sherlock you really have a bigger & higher horse than I have ever discovered, & yer conscience must be made ae steel anaw. Hang them aw, eh guv? Then there'll never be nae questions! If guilty found guilty. Not yet though. Difficult one. Unless your pitchforks itchy.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2016, 09:52 PM
OK. Youd rather be precious. I wwould rather be less hysterical than you & the blouses (mind yer stuff then?) than against someone cos I am spur of the moment big time offended. Drama queens show up well on stages, but hen bletherin fitba, tae be assassinatin peoples lives one way or another, when WE the viewers arenae in court like the judges/juries/witnesses/accused etc well Sherlock you really have a bigger & higher horse than I have ever discovered, & yer conscience must be made ae steel anaw. Hang them aw, eh guv? Then there'll never be nae questions! If guilty found guilty. Not yet though. Difficult one. Unless your pitchforks itchy.
What?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2016, 10:09 PM
What?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
We all want to know the answer to the most important question .

Is your pitchfork itchy?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
20-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Eloquently put

easty
20-06-2016, 10:25 PM

The irony. Hates people getting on thier high horse. Makes a post like this.

cocteautwin
21-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Ooooh. Status Quo? What did they get up to?

Danderhall Hibs
21-06-2016, 06:49 AM

Just the same old ****.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2016, 06:55 AM

Drugs, orgies not the kind of people I'd spend money on buying records from. **** music too. 💩

DH1875
21-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Drugs, orgies not the kind of people I'd spend money on buying records from. **** music too. 

I'll bet any amount of money that there are guys and maybe even some girls who post on here that have taken part in orgies, threesomes, filmed themselves, took explicit photos, took drugs and cheated on their partner. Should they all lose their jobs/careers too?

R'Albin
21-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Just the same old ****.

:greengrin

Hezbelle
21-06-2016, 08:23 AM
I'll bet any amount of money that there are guys and maybe even some girls who post on here that have taken part in orgies, threesomes, filmed themselves, took explicit photos, took drugs and cheated on their partner. Should they all lose their jobs/careers too?

As long as everyone involved is consensual there's no issue!

SeanWilson
21-06-2016, 08:41 AM

At this stage, the guy is currently innocent and if wins his retrial will surely be in a position to sue for loss of earnings, slander and defamation of character. Maybe you should just wind your neck in till we know what's what?

Velma Dinkley
21-06-2016, 08:47 AM
What if they all consent and say they were still in control of themselves and what they were doing. But then one of them later claims to have been drugged, which is proven by a blood test to be false but a judge decides that person couldn't have been in control of themselves because they'd drank a certain amount of alcohol?

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2016, 08:49 AM
What if they all consent and say they were still in control of themselves and what they were doing. But then one of them later claims to have been drugged, which is proven by a blood test to be false but a judge decides that person couldn't have been in control of themselves because they'd drank a certain amount of alcohol?

In the event of over-use of alcohol (however the Court defines it), consent could not have been given.

Velma Dinkley
21-06-2016, 08:51 AM
In the event of over-use of alcohol (however the Court defines it), consent could not have been given.
What happens if everyone has consumed alcohol?

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2016, 08:54 AM
What happens if everyone has consumed alcohol?

As above. If it's inebriation (which is subjective, up to a point), one cannot give consent.

eastmainsmsh
21-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Yes our Peter was simply giving a nurse her five mins of fame

Hezbelle
21-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Turning up at a hotel where you're mate is already pumping a drunk bird you don't know to get your end away after he's had his shot... that's not going to end well is it?

Whatever comes from his retrial will be. I still stand by my stance that I would not want him anywhere near our club. Too much baggage and drama. He made poor choices that night, whether they were illegal or not remains to be seen. He's made his bed.

That and he's a mediocre player who hasn't played professionally for most of his peak. Not worth the nonsense.

patch1875
21-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Everytime I see his name 'Hear the Drummer (Get Wicked)' appears in my head???

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2016, 11:17 AM

No i dont think they should? :confused: I'm just amazed at how so many perfect people we have who post here, who have done nothing wrong in their entire life. :wink:

And i'm also amazed at the lack of forgiveness, not this case but many others i have seen over the years, where we love to put the boot in for the slightest indiscretion some folk have done.

It appears there is a new moral conduct code which nobody knows quite what the level is, that we slaughter anyone and everyone guilty or not.

And as you said, there are probably guys and maybe even some girls who post on here that have taken part in orgies, threesomes, filmed themselves, took explicit photos, took drugs and cheated on their partner.

Should they be allowed on this fine upstanding site? :wink:

Brightside
21-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Ive no idea why this is even a thread on Hibs.net. He would never be a signing target for Hibs. Thankfully.

jacomo
21-06-2016, 01:34 PM
No i dont think they should? :confused: I'm just amazed at how so many perfect people we have who post here, who have done nothing wrong in their entire life. :wink:

And i'm also amazed at the lack of forgiveness, not this case but many others i have seen over the years, where we love to put the boot in for the slightest indiscretion some folk have done.

It appears there is a new moral conduct code which nobody knows quite what the level is, that we slaughter anyone and everyone guilty or not.

And as you said, there are probably guys and maybe even some girls who post on here that have taken part in orgies, threesomes, filmed themselves, took explicit photos, took drugs and cheated on their partner.

Should they be allowed on this fine upstanding site? :wink:

Wow.

New moral code? Wtf?

We aren't talking about minor indiscretions, cheating or taking illegal substances FFS.

Ched Evans was convicted of rape. That was quashed, he now faces retrial for rape. He may be declared innocent in time but that is a debate for another day.

McIntosh
21-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Should they be allowed on this fine upstanding site? :wink: :top marks

Killiehibbie
21-06-2016, 01:50 PM
I'll bet any amount of money that there are guys and maybe even some girls who post on here that have taken part in orgies, threesomes, filmed themselves, took explicit photos, took drugs and cheated on their partner. Should they all lose their jobs/careers too?No much chance without mind altering substances.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Wow.

New moral code? Wtf?

We aren't talking about minor indiscretions, cheating or taking illegal substances FFS.

Ched Evans was convicted of rape. That was quashed, he now faces retrial for rape. He may be declared innocent in time but that is a debate for another day.

Once again a post that makes no reference to what i actually said, i never quoted Ched Evans case, in fact i mentioned not in this case, but you crack on and have your moral outrage at something i never even said, and miss the point completely on what i did say.

jdships
21-06-2016, 02:22 PM
My preference would have been for Chesterfield to have signed a " Pre Contract with him pending the result of his trial
If that goes his way good luck to the lad - he deserves it !!

ihibs7
21-06-2016, 07:29 PM
I think there's a case for him to be rehabilitated, and to resume his football career.

I wouldn't want him here though, so I'd imagine most fans are probably the same.

He's never seemed contrite and is he still on the Sex offenders register? I suppose that changes things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
22-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Once again a post that makes no reference to what i actually said, i never quoted Ched Evans case, in fact i mentioned not in this case, but you crack on and have your moral outrage at something i never even said, and miss the point completely on what i did say.

It's not moral outrage, just the contorted whataboutery of your post.

SJM
22-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Was his re-trial not instigated from the boy himself to prove his innocence after his conviction was quashed? Why shouldn't the boy be allowed to earn a living? The role model thing is a load of crap too.

SJM
22-06-2016, 08:08 AM
I think there's a case for him to be rehabilitated, and to resume his football career.

I wouldn't want him here though, so I'd imagine most fans are probably the same.

He's never seemed contrite and is he still on the Sex offenders register? I suppose that changes things

Rehabilitated for what? He's not convicted of anything. To the contrary, he's served time in jail and lost a massive part of his career for something in the eyes of the law at this time he was wrongly convicted of.

Spike Mandela
22-06-2016, 08:27 AM
With a whole world of footballers available to sign, why a football club would feel the need to sign a player whose status as a rapist(or not) is yet to be clarified is beyond me? Smacks of absolute desperation.

Whether your view is a player deserves rehabilitation or somebody with his questionable lifestyle should be nowhere near a community football club surely, from the point of view of any football club, it would be sensible to wait until his legal status has been decided in court.

Andy74
22-06-2016, 09:16 AM
With a whole world of footballers available to sign, why a football club would feel the need to sign a player whose status as a rapist(or not) is yet to be clarified is beyond me? Smacks of absolute desperation.

Whether your view is a player deserves rehabilitation or somebody with his questionable lifestyle should be nowhere near a community football club surely, from the point of view of any football club, it would be sensible to wait until his legal status has been decided in court.

Is his legal status not currently innocent?

cocopops1875
22-06-2016, 09:38 AM

Not always a popular opinion but having served his time why shouldn't he or others be allowed to rebuild his career (with restrictions for pedofiles obviously) what's the alternative make him either not work and us as tax payers support him and his family? Or get him out there earning and paying as much tax as possible?

Hibbyradge
22-06-2016, 09:39 AM

I guess to be precise, his legal state is "The Accused".

However, in law, the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

--------
22-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Not guilty as to the one charge. None of us are entirely innocent, Andy. :wink:

Andy74
22-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Not guilty as to the one charge. None of us are entirely innocent, Andy. :wink:

Some folk on here do appear to be! :greengrin

--------
22-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Some folk on here do appear to be! :greengrin

"I am myself indifferent honest, yet I could accuse myself of such things it were better my mother had not borne me ..."

Spike Mandela
22-06-2016, 12:04 PM

Yes I agree Andy and wholeheartedly agree with the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

The point I was making is there are plenty of institutions out there advocating human rights and fighting for the rights of individuals like Evans but I wouldn't want my football club being a 'crusader'' on this issue.

He may be innocent, he may be guilty but until a court decides once and for all I can't understand why any football club would use their limited money signing this player about to face a retrial on rape especially whilst there is a whole world of football players available to sign without this hanging over their heads.

This may be harsh on the player (or wise of a club should he be proven guilty) but it just smacks of opportunism and desperation by Chesterfield to me, as they realise if exonnerated(sp) they couldn't afford him.

OsloHibs
22-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Paul mcginn has signed for them!!!! He will be his team mate.

Andy74
22-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Yes I agree Andy and wholeheartedly agree with the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

The point I was making is there are plenty of institutions out there advocating human rights and fighting for the rights of individuals like Evans but I wouldn't want my football club being a 'crusader'' on this issue.

He may be innocent, he may be guilty but until a court decides once and for all I can't understand why any football club would use their limited money signing this player about to face a retrial on rape especially whilst there is a whole world of football players available to sign without this hanging over their heads.

This may be harsh on the player (or wise of a club should he be proven guilty) but it just smacks of opportunism and desperation by Chesterfield to me, as they realise if exonnerated(sp) they couldn't afford him.

I'm hoping what they have done is look at him as a footballer that fits what they need and is available to be signed for a cost they can afford.

Spike Mandela
22-06-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm hoping what they have done is look at him as a footballer that fits what they need and is available to be signed for a cost they can afford.

I'm saying If Chesterfield looked at 100 players of similar ability and cost then they would be wise to sign one of the 99 innocent men as opposed to the innocent man facing a retrial for rape.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm saying If Chesterfield looked at 100 players of similar ability and cost then they would be wise to sign one of the 99 innocent men as opposed to the innocent man facing a retrial for rape.

There's a reason Chesterfield can get him now, if he is innocent after the retrial they wouldnt be able to afford him.

He's an innocent man NOW, he should be able to sign for whoever wants him. And clubs should be able to sign him without anyone saying they shouldn't.

If he's then found guilty after the retrial, then that is a different story.

Should Cliff Richard be able to sell another record, i mean there was only insufficient evidence against him, surely he's still guilty of something?

Brightside
22-06-2016, 01:29 PM
There's a reason Chesterfield can get him now, if he is innocent after the retrial they wouldnt be able to afford him.

He's an innocent man NOW, he should be able to sign for whoever wants him. And clubs should be able to sign him without anyone saying they shouldn't.

Should Cliff Richard be able to sell another record, i mean there was only insufficient evidence against him, surely he's still guilty of something?

Cliff Richard is guilty of many things.... most of which will never come out until he's dead!

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Cliff Richard is guilty of many things.... most of which will never come out until he's dead!

Spill then, i know some of those records are brutal. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
22-06-2016, 01:55 PM

These are all points backing up what I was saying in previous posts so thanks for that. Where we differ is in the wisdom of the football club in doing this deal as I think they would be better off signing a player of similar cost and ability who doesn't have a retrial hanging over him.

As for Cliff Richard the CPS say there was 'insufficient' evidence, Cliff Richard says there was NO evidence and 9 accusers say something happened. Cliff Richard is an innocent man in the eyes of the law.......as was Jimmy Savile.

You can argue all day long as to whether or not these two men deserve to have their reputation tarnished or not, but just from a common sense point of view, I would wish Hibs to avoid signing any players currently accused of serious sexual crimes and awaiting trial.

wpj
22-06-2016, 02:04 PM

The wired for sound song and video for sure, as for miseltoe and wine!!! :grr:

Paisley Hibby
22-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't have wanted him at Hibs as its a horrible offence to have a conviction for. Having said that if he wins his retrial then fair play to him he deserves another chance to build his career

Innocent until proven guilty?

ihibs7
22-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Rehabilitated for what? He's not convicted of anything. To the contrary, he's served time in jail and lost a massive part of his career for something in the eyes of the law at this time he was wrongly convicted of.

My understanding is that he is still on the sex offenders register which does make things slightly different from a miscarriage of justice.