PDA

View Full Version : That's what I want to hear!

Big L
20-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Lenny has come out and stated that he is prepared to give Sam Stanton and Alex Harris a chance to revive their careers. I welcome that statement because I have always believed that they are a very talented pair of footballers who didn't get the roll of the dice and I will be rooting for them, I hope all Hibs fans will give them their support.

sleeping giant
20-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Good luck to them. I hope they grasp the opportunity .

Hibbyradge
20-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Lenny has come out and stated that he is prepared to give Sam Stanton and Alex Harris a chance to revive their careers. I welcome that statement because I have always believed that they are a very talented pair of footballers who didn't get the roll of the dice and I will be rooting for them, I hope all Hibs fans will give them their support.

I'm surprised there's not already another lengthy thread about this! :wink: :greengrin

nellio
20-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Exactly what I was going to say!

hughio
21-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Yes indeed!
Both good young footballers who I thought never got enough of a chance.
That Motherwell thug hurt Alex really bad and he never looked the same after that.

Sam I thought should have played more central.Wee but cultured.

And both good Hibbys!

Franck Stanton
21-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Very important season for both players, they either make it this year or, it'll be the end of their Hibs connection imo. They both have the skill, now it just requires the application. Go for it lads, you have it all to gain and nothing to lose.

SJM
21-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Stanton the slight possibility, Harris, no danger.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Makes sense although seems like more due diligence than anything else. I think they'd both struggle to get in the current squad but there's no reason not to give them the chance. A new manager can make a huge difference sometimes.

Skyegreen
21-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Stanton has what it takes in my book but I'm not so sure about Harris. Let's hope their wee loan spell has shaped them both into better players than they were before they left 👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Always good to hear a manager saying that all the players get fresh pages. It is what they do for Lennon that matters now. That said if Harris belonged to QotS and Sammy belonged to Livingston and we were signing them as new players I don't think that there would be a lot of enthusiasm. No better than we have and struggle to get in the team would be the comments.

snooky
22-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Lennon's off to a bad start. Just checked our league position on the BBC website. We're 6th, FFS with Ayr leading the field. :grr:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 01:10 AM
Lennon's off to a bad start. Just checked our league position on the BBC website. We're 6th, FFS with Ayr leading the field. :grr:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hiberniannot exactly what we neede. Morton and Queens breathing down our neck too. btw, what's happened to young Carmichael? still injured or released? surely not.

greenlex
22-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Always good to hear a manager saying that all the players get fresh pages. It is what they do for Lennon that matters now. That said if Harris belonged to QotS and Sammy belonged to Livingston and we were signing them as new players I don't think that there would be a lot of enthusiasm. No better than we have and struggle to get in the team would be the comments.
Harris had the best assist stats in the league last year.