PDA

View Full Version : Football Rules Question

Mon Dieu4
19-06-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't know why or how I just thought of this, what would happen in a hypothetical situation when say an attacking player beats an offside trap on the halfway line with no defender anywhere close, they get into the box and a supporter runs on the pitch and clears the ball or takes the player out

danhibees1875
19-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Chaos for a few minutes before a drop ball where you would hope the opposition team would be gracious enough to just let the initial team score... I'd guess.

SunshineOnLeith
19-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Drop ball.

Mr White
19-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I don't know why or how I just thought of this, what would happen in a hypothetical situation when say an attacking player beats an offside trap on the halfway line with no defender anywhere close, they get into the box and a supporter runs on the pitch and clears the ball or takes the player out
Rangers would be awarded a 3 nil win. And their supporter would be rewarded with a lifetime season ticket in ibrox hospitality :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
19-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Cheers guys:aok:

Not sure how my head works at times:faf:

iwasthere1972
19-06-2016, 07:30 PM

The Rangers fan would be awarded compensation by the courts and the player would get a six match suspension.

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Player accused of injuring 25 supporters on the pitch, game abandoned due to attacking team being accused of being unable to control their players. Injured supporters petition parliament for club to be thrown out of league and the Sun and Record print the truth.

StevieT
19-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Game has to re-start with a drop ball.

People often ask 'what would happen if' questions. The referee has to decide how a game is going to re-start and there aren't really that many options available. If the ball is in play then you only have free kicks / penalties or drop ball. If no offence has been committed by a player then drop ball is the only option.

StevieCowan
19-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Game has to re-start with a drop ball.

People often ask 'what would happen if' questions. The referee has to decide how a game is going to re-start and there aren't really that many options available. If the ball is in play then you only have free kicks / penalties or drop ball. If no offence has been committed by a player then drop ball is the only option.

You sure Stevie..

Ball going into net but stopped by a non-player is now a goal.

StevieT
19-06-2016, 08:39 PM
You sure Stevie..

I didn't word my answer very well because in that case the ball is no longer deemed to be in play so a goal is awarded.

Slim Shady
19-06-2016, 10:01 PM
You sure Stevie..

No it's not. Can't award a goal if the ball doesn't cross the goal line.

SunshineOnLeith
19-06-2016, 10:20 PM
No it's not. Can't award a goal if the ball doesn't cross the goal line.

Changed as of 1 June 2016 and the post you quoted is now correct.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2016, 03:15 AM
What about attacking player runs into the box two defenders challenge with one accidentally tripping his fellow defends who stumbles and knocks the attacker to the ground?

sleeping giant
20-06-2016, 08:30 AM
What about attacking player runs into the box two defenders challenge with one accidentally tripping his fellow defends who stumbles and knocks the attacker to the ground?

Still a foul.
Doesn't have to be deliberate to be a foul.

Geo_1875
20-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Watching the Romania/Albania game last night and a player pushes an opponent to the ground while waiting for a throw in to be taken. The referee books the player and the 2 twats commentating (one an ex-player) discuss why the referee didn't give a free-kick. They really couldn't understand. I shouted at the TV again.

Slim Shady
20-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Changed as of 1 June 2016 and the post you quoted is now correct.

Nope. Ball still has to cross the goal line.