PDA

View Full Version : Hibs CD - time for an update?

JIm
19-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Over the past few weeks since we have won the Cup there's been some outstanding songs created which can be viewed via you tube which I've fair enjoyed.

I'm also sure many of us have had the The Songs of Hibernian Cd too but thought with some new additions available there may be potential for some of our famous singers to add to the list? Thinking some bands like proclaimers, fish, the Rahs sure there are others should be thinking about writing a we ditty to celebrate?

Surely would be another good seller the club too?

Anyone reckon it would be a goer?

hibs#1
19-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Over the past few weeks since we have won the Cup there's been some outstanding songs created which can be viewed via you tube which I've fair enjoyed.

I'm also sure many of us have had the The Songs of Hibernian Cd too but thought with some new additions available there may be potential for some of our famous singers to add to the list? Thinking some bands like proclaimers, fish, the Rahs sure there are others should be thinking about writing a we ditty to celebrate?

Surely would be another good seller the club too?

Anyone reckon it would be a goer?

Think it would be good idea

Don't ask me for any musical input or ideas I'm terrible musically

Northernhibee
19-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Featuring such huge hits like "We are good, we are Hibs, we have Celtic on the run"

19-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Think glory glory to the hibees needs a more modern cover version. Don't get me wrong, i still like the song but its a bit old sounding now. Hearts did a more modern version of HHGH, so something similar for our would be quite good.

The CD itself needs to be re-done. Theres only about 5 decent songs on it, the rest are *****

Kojock
19-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Featuring such huge hits like "We are good, we are Hibs, we have Celtic on the run"

Thought the words were
We had joy we had fun we had Celtic on the run
But the joy didn't last because the bar stewards ran too fast.

To the tune of Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks.

Mon Dieu4
19-06-2016, 07:48 PM
As long as the Jazz funkfest of The Cabbage and Ribs is on the new one again

Saturday Boy
19-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Thought the words were
We had joy we had fun we had Celtic on the run
But the joy didn't last because the bar stewards ran too fast.

To the tune of Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks.

Sad I know, but it's actually by Jacques Brell, who was born in Anderlecht. So there is a sort of connection

Alfred E Newman
19-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Think glory glory to the hibees needs a more modern cover version. Don't get me wrong, i still like the song but its a bit old sounding now. Hearts did a more modern version of HHGH, so something similar for our would be quite good.

The CD itself needs to be re-done. Theres only about 5 decent songs on it, the rest are *****

I was starting to cringe every time the Hector Nicol Glory Glory was played at ER , especially when it came to the Scottish Cup reference.
Now I can't wait to hear it played again and I am sure that verse will be belted out by the whole ground.
The Hampden rendition had me in tears.

hibbysam
19-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I was starting to cringe every time the Hector Nicol Glory Glory was played at ER , especially when it came to the Scottish Cup reference.
Now I can't wait to hear it played again and I am sure that verse will be belted out by the whole ground.

Same here. The best rendition of Glory Glory you will ever hear.

Dav1986
20-06-2016, 12:39 AM

Loved that rendition! The Scottish cup line getting an extra bit gusto from everyone there too was great. Love seeing the videos of SoL that carry on into glory glory especially for that bit.

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2016, 01:08 AM
get Hibernian Soldier(or hibs heroes whatever it was) back on the Menu at ER, instead of that racket that's played 5-10 mins pre-match

ozhibs
20-06-2016, 01:29 AM

This, :agree:

But now I can belt it out :greengrin

Gatecrasher
20-06-2016, 06:56 AM
As long as the Jazz funkfest of The Cabbage and Ribs is on the new one again

We'll have Jam Tarts for breakfast as the dish of the day!

Alfred E Newman
20-06-2016, 11:26 AM

https://youtu.be/u0padd0C1Is

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Provided that it's better than Dundee United's "WOOOOOOOOOOAH THE SHED IS ON FIRE" I heard a few years ago at Tannadice then sounds good.