PDA

View Full Version : Were the Russian hooligans state sponsored?

Hibbyradge
19-06-2016, 10:29 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=178082&subid=16631905&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Hibbyradge
19-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Sorry the link isn't active.

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Link to Guardian Article (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign%20=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=178082&su%20bid=16631905&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2)

There ya go, Radge

banarc7062
19-06-2016, 10:53 AM
With the latest reports on crowd trouble could it be that state organised troublemakers simply wear the strips of other countries to give the impression it's fans from those countries causing the mayhem?

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2016, 10:55 AM
I think they were. It follows a disturbing trend helpfully uncovered by Rangers and the Scottish press, that the Hibs thugs who brought shame on global sport by running onto the Hampden turf were sponsored by Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish government and ISIS.

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Didn't we have our own organized gang of Hools with full military style training?

I'm sure I read somewhere they used to train on the streets of Edinburgh after dark and train the younger members in Car Parks.

The Russians obviously heard about this and based their training methods on the CCS.

:wink:

GreenLake
19-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Politicians will do almost anything to gain popularity or votes and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in that article.

Meanwhile, state sponsored terrorism by friendly dictators is swept under the rug.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Good friend is older generation Millwall and he reckons the Russians were nothing special, they were made to look good by the fact that England only had general drunken erseholes over there, all their "A" team couldn't get there as due to banning orders they have to surrender their passports when England play abroad.

essexhibee
19-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Good friend is older generation Millwall and he reckons the Russians were nothing special, they were made to look good by the fact that England only had general drunken erseholes over there, all their "A" team couldn't get there as due to banning orders they have to surrender their passports when England play abroad.

The so called a team would have got annihilated all the same. These guys are mixed martial art trained nutters who are extremely fit and have no sense of fear. 20 Lokomotiv ultras running into a whole square of English proved they were a new level. Before anyone says I'm not glamourising it I found the scenes sickening to watch the level of violence was horrific....just stating the facts.

monktonharp
19-06-2016, 10:14 PM
The so called a team would have got annihilated all the same. These guys are mixed martial art trained nutters who are extremely fit and have no sense of fear. 20 Lokomotiv ultras running into a whole square of English proved they were a new level. Before anyone says I'm not glamourising it I found the scenes sickening to watch the level of violence was horrific....just stating the facts.ok, these are all facts right? which newspapers do you read down Essexshire? I am not impressed, but I did see a few snapshots of johnny foreigner getting in about some English, who were just having a beer or a lunch. I am in no way condoning that, but let's put it into perspective. we have a sayin' up here and it is....if ye flee wi' the craws....ye' get shot wi' the craws. don't try and make out that all the England fans are victims. and, as I use another metaphor usually mentioned by the American Army,.....there is always some collateral damage. disgusting to see innocent people injured, and the local Gendarme have some hard questions to answer but if you are in a foreign land don't just expect a British (If you feel British) consulate official to pop out of a shop doorway and help you.

snooky
19-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Link to Guardian Article (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-links-to-russian-euro-2016-hooligans-vladimir-putin?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign%20=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=178082&su%20bid=16631905&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2)
There ya go, Radge
From previous experience, if the papers say it's true then it must be right.

heretoday
20-06-2016, 07:58 AM
A squad of military trained Russian hooligans could create mayhem at the Olympics.

No sports would be safe - table tennis, gymnastics, small bore shooting.....

WeeRussell
20-06-2016, 11:33 AM
ok, these are all facts right? which newspapers do you read down Essexshire? I am not impressed, but I did see a few snapshots of johnny foreigner getting in about some English, who were just having a beer or a lunch. I am in no way condoning that, but let's put it into perspective. we have a sayin' up here and it is....if ye flee wi' the craws....ye' get shot wi' the craws. don't try and make out that all the England fans are victims. and, as I use another metaphor usually mentioned by the American Army,.....there is always some collateral damage. disgusting to see innocent people injured, and the local Gendarme have some hard questions to answer but if you are in a foreign land don't just expect a British (If you feel British) consulate official to pop out of a shop doorway and help you.

What are you slavering about?

EssexHibee was only stating the level of organisation and 'ability' of the Russian mobs in response to the previous post. Not once did he try and defend or make the English out to be victims.