PDA

View Full Version : Falkirks obsession with Hibs budget

staunchhibby
19-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Season not kicked off yet but Falkirk player in this mornings paper going on about budgets.Here we go again.

Waxy
19-06-2016, 09:26 AM
We haven't enough money to buy one of them players who are allowed to handball in the penalty area. There's the real injustice.

hibsbollah
19-06-2016, 09:29 AM
We haven't enough money to buy one of them players who are allowed to handball in the penalty area. There's the real injustice.

That decision. Id forgotten. **** me.

Dibben
19-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Simples. Sell 9000+ Season tickets and you'll have a bigger budget!

Don't see the issue!

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Season not kicked off yet but Falkirk player in this mornings paper going on about budgets.Here we go again.

Annoyed about not being at a club that can generate a good one? Suppose there is a reason for that.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Housty really needs to bleat at his own board to find him a bigger budget or his own fans to buy more season tickets, another yam roaster best left to it.

Treadstone
19-06-2016, 09:41 AM
That decision. Id forgotten. **** me.

I'll never forget Craigan and especially Lovell "his hand has to go somewhere " giving their expert opinion on why it wasn't a penalty. Craigan sheepishly rowing back at the second leg when BT ref watcher Howard Webb issued a statement virtually saying that anyone who thought that wasn't a penalty is a roaster.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Housty really needs to bleat at his own board to find him a bigger budget or his own fans to buy more season tickets, another yam roaster best left to it.

Or if it is really such a fundamental principle, then do what Hughes did at ICT and walk away from it.

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Is that a complaint from Houston?

Wouldn't surprise me, as Yams seem totally obsessed about size, for some reason

:hmmm:

scuttle
19-06-2016, 09:42 AM

Getting their excuses in early

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Or if it is really such a fundamental principle, then do what Hughes did at ICT and walk away from it.

Where would he find another job though? Open all Mics on Radio Scotland or assistant assistant puppet to Harry Potter?

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 10:04 AM
All psychological and trying to put pressure on hibs. Best ignored let them bleat

Galahibby
19-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Get your club to a couple of cup finals and you might get some of the cash to spend :aok:

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Amateur Psychology for Beginners, Page 1

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2016, 10:59 AM
It's the same Jambo obsession. 'Have you go a bigger one than me? Show me it, then?'

Perverts.

Hang 'em all.

Aldo
19-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Blah blah blah blah blah!!

Boring boring boring. Small team small budget, you know the score as you play for the team.

Just get ****ing on with it!!

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2016, 11:05 AM
***** team, 3 stands

sleeping giant
19-06-2016, 11:07 AM
I would like to ask Falkirk what the Hibs budget is.

Eyrie
19-06-2016, 11:20 AM
If a Falkirk player thinks that Falkirk are struggling on their budget to attract better quality team mates, then he could always offer to take a pay cut. More likely he wants Falkirk to have more money so that he can get a higher wage.

And would the player in question even be more than a squad member at a club with a bigger budget?

Enough said
19-06-2016, 11:22 AM
***** team, 3 stands I only just found out the reason for only 3 stands, was surprised at them getting to build a stadium there in the first place.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I would like to ask Falkirk what the Hibs budget is.

Good point. I'm sure most hibs fans don't know our budget and the board keep it close to their chest. How a Falkirk player seems to think he has a grasp on our budget is odd

Lancs Harp
19-06-2016, 11:37 AM
I really couldn't careless what anyone at Falkirk thought about anything.

Hibernian FC Scottish Cup Winners 2016

marinello59
19-06-2016, 11:42 AM

So he is basically saying his team is crap compared to ours? He is right.

Smartie
19-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Yep, I think it's a good thing for it to be repeatedly reinforced by the Falkirk manager and players that we have a substantially bigger budget to spend on far superior players to theirs.

It might have worked out fine for these losers last year but I don't see them managing it again.

Michael
19-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Don't really know what they're getting at. We haven't even signed anyone yet. Both teams are almost the same as last season atm...and they finished above us last season.

Very strange of them to be discussing it this early.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Don't really know what they're getting at. We haven't even signed anyone yet. Both teams are almost the same as last season atm...and they finished above us last season.

Very strange of them to be discussing it this early.

Can only think they are trying to apply pressure that's all

ShadesLongThrow
19-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Wait until NL gets back from the Euros. I suspect anyone taking a pop at him and his team will end up regretting it. Can't see him taking too many prisoners.

HibsNutter
19-06-2016, 12:12 PM
All they're doing is emphasising that they've not got the capabilities that we have as a club, fine by me.

AltheHibby
19-06-2016, 12:19 PM
I only just found out the reason for only 3 stands, was surprised at them getting to build a stadium there in the first place.

What is the reason?

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2016, 12:19 PM
All they're doing is emphasising that they've not got the capabilities that we have as a club, fine by me.

Indeed. But arguably they have more than Hamilton but I don’t see that bit in their bleating. Ok to claim better with less

Andy74
19-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Why not? Enough on here have used the same reason as to why Rangers won the league.

We would make the point too if we finished better than teams with more resources.

scoopyboy
19-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I only just found out the reason for only 3 stands, was surprised at them getting to build a stadium there in the first place.

Not enough cash?

They certainly are allowed to build a fourth stand if that's what you're getting at.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Not enough cash?

They certainly are allowed to build a fourth stand if that's what you're getting at.More like not enough fans.

HibbyKeith
19-06-2016, 02:32 PM
The Club have received planning permission to construct a new stand on the East side of the stadium. The planned capacity of this is 2,000. However the Club have yet to announce as to when construction is likely to commence.

Originally when the stadium was built it was envisaged that a much larger stand would be built on this side of the ground, raising the overall capacity to around 15,000. However the local authority re-zoned the whole area around the Grangemouth Petro-Chemical works and unfortunately this meant that the stadium fell within the disaster area of the works and so the capacity has been restricted to 10,000.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/falkirk.html

Enough said
19-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Not enough cash?

They certainly are allowed to build a fourth stand if that's what you're getting at. I was told it was today with the gas supply into and out of Grangemouth that's why only 3 stands can ever get built there?

Enough said
19-06-2016, 02:45 PM
The Club have received planning permission to construct a new stand on the East side of the stadium. The planned capacity of this is 2,000. However the Club have yet to announce as to when construction is likely to commence.

Originally when the stadium was built it was envisaged that a much larger stand would be built on this side of the ground, raising the overall capacity to around 15,000. However the local authority re-zoned the whole area around the Grangemouth Petro-Chemical works and unfortunately this meant that the stadium fell within the disaster area of the works and so the capacity has been restricted to 10,000.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/falkirk.html my mistake I thought they couldn't build any stand there... Cheers for info

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Why not? Enough on here have used the same reason as to why Rangers won the league.

We would make the point too if we finished better than teams with more resources.

LTFF

:na na:

19-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Peter Houstons constant "oh but but they have more money than us" obsession is beyond boring now. Budgets help but they aren't the be all and end all. Look at the likes of ICT, St Johnstone, Ross County etc who have achieved success on very small budgets.

**** off ya classless, greeting faced twat :bye:

jgl07
19-06-2016, 03:09 PM

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/falkirk.html
So it's ok for 10,000 to perish in a chemical explosion, but not 11,000?

19-06-2016, 03:11 PM

Exactly.

Waxy
Falkirks obsession with our fourth stand.
Knew they should have merged with Dumbarton, they could have had four stands and called themselves Dumfalkiirk.

HibbyKeith

That was my thought when reading it too.

Moulin Yarns
19-06-2016, 03:36 PM

When I lived in Grangemouth it was known that if there was an major accident at either the BP as it was orat the ICI plant we wouldn't know anything about it. We would be toast. The Forth and Clyde at the time, 35 years ago was a chain reaction waiting to happen.

givescotlandfreedom
19-06-2016, 04:01 PM
The Falkirk Stadium was very heavily funded by Falkirk Council unlike ours which the club secured and is still paying for by itself but I don't hear anyone from Hibs bleating on about it.

connerg
19-06-2016, 04:17 PM
The Falkirk Stadium was very heavily funded by Falkirk Council unlike ours which the club secured and is still paying for by itself but I don't hear anyone from Hibs bleating on about it.

Good point. :top marks

Famous Fiver
19-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Killie don't have a pot to p*ss in and look what happened there.

No talk of budgets that day.

Houston, we have a problem.