PDA

View Full Version : Well done to the Hibees...

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone, I'll come clean as being a Celtic fan straight away.
I was born and raised in Edinburgh but followed my Dad's team, who followed his Dad and so on.

Anyway, I've always had a soft spot for Hibs, even been down to watch them, always check their score and stuff. My Dad even took me into the home end against Celtic at ER when I was young.

I would just like to say that I feel I'm an unbiased Celtic fan, with no religious beliefs (although my Dad's family are Catholic) and feel that I'd like to offer my congratulations on the Scottish Cup. I felt like a Hibs fan that day for sure.

I've been away on holiday so this has been my only chance to post. Good luck for next season and I feel you've got a good manager in NL.

I'll stay around, if allowed and look forward to having you guys in the SPL next season, whilst posting my thoughts on everything football related until then.

Cheers.

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Stubbsyy;4735473]Hi everyone, I'll come clean as being a Celtic fan straight away.
I was born and raised in Edinburgh but followed my Dad's team, who followed his Dad and so on.

Anyway, I've always had a soft spot for Hibs, even been down to watch them, always check their score and stuff. My Dad even took me into the home end against Celtic at ER when I was young.

I would just like to say that I feel I'm an unbiased Celtic fan, with no religious beliefs (although my Dad's family are Catholic) and feel that I'd like to offer my congratulations on the Scottish Cup. I felt like a Hibs fan that day for sure.

I've been away on holiday so this has been my only chance to post. Good luck for next season and I feel you've got a good manager in NL.

I'll stay around, if allowed and look forward to having you guys in the SPL next season.[/

Waxy
18-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Sometimes it feels like we're treated like a cute cuddly wee pet by Celtic fans. Well done Hibs but know your place type of thing. Just saying.

scuttle
18-06-2016, 05:59 PM

I'll stay around, if allowed and look forward to having you guys in the SPL next season, whilst posting my thoughts on everything football related until then.

Cheers.
Welcome to the forum, keep your tin hat handy

Hi Heid Yin
18-06-2016, 06:00 PM

Cheers.

Thank you for your honest post and for being up front about being a Celtic supporter.
If Neil lennon can manage to get Henderson back on loan and maybe one or two other of your talented and up and coming youngsters then I'll be a happy Hibby!

Keith_M

Cheers.

Thanks for the post, much appreciated

:aok:

lord bunberry
Sometimes it feels like we're treated like a cute cuddly wee pet by Celtic fans. Well done Hibs but know your place type of thing. Just saying.
That's true, but not by all of them. The guy seemed quite genuine in the way he set out his stall.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Understand Waxy, I don't know if it's a banter thing or that because most of my Celtic sporting friends all feel the same, or along the same lines as me... But lots of my pals are Hibs fans. Maybe that's been the difference.

You will get the zoomers though. Of that, there is no question.

SaulGoodman
18-06-2016, 06:01 PM

If Celtic keep giving us players like Hendo Mcgeouch and Stokesy then fine by me.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Thanks lads, appreciate it.

Re: Henderson on loan... I'd love it too. We're far too packed in that department and the spell has done him the world of good. If he's not a guaranteed starter then he should be sent back to you. He needs to play at his age.

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Cheers for the plaudits but sorry you have no idea what it is like to be a HIBS fan. We as fans have been dealt s--t hands for years but carried on to our greatest day.Afeeling like no other fan can possible share. unique

Keith_M
18-06-2016, 06:07 PM
That's true, but not by all of them. The guy seemed quite genuine in the way he set out his stall.

:agree:

Waxy
18-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Understand Waxy, I don't know if it's a banter thing or that because most of my Celtic sporting friends all feel the same, or along the same lines as me... But lots of my pals are Hibs fans. Maybe that's been the difference.

You will get the zoomers though. Of that, there is no question.

Welcome to Hibs.net and we could do with Liam Henderson again.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Cheers for the plaudits but sorry you have no idea what it is like to be a HIBS fan. We as fans have been dealt s--t hands for years but carried on to our greatest day.Afeeling like no other fan can possible share. unique

That's true mate. Still didn't stop my head hitting the roof when that header went in for that third goal :). Was also gutted at the last minute goal for Falkirk.

I grew up during the rangers 9iar era, so it's not always been sweet for me haha.

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Wonderful patronage, thank you kindly, almost makes me glad we helped celtc to exist and even helped with the strip design.

Not for me thanks.

Hibernian, a team for those of all faiths and no faiths.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Welcome to Hibs.net and we could do with Liam Henderson again.

Cheers mate.

As I've already said, would love that to happen (if we're not guaranteeing him a start).

With Lennon being there, then hopefully him and Peter Lawwell are on good terms and you may be able to take one or two others as well.

The SPL needs the biggest and best teams. Hibs are certainly high up in both categories.

Pete
18-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Were they glory hunters too?

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Wonderful patronage, thank you kindly, almost makes me glad we helped celtc to exist and even helped with the strip design.

Not for me thanks.

Hibernian, a team for those of all faiths and no faiths.
Wasn't being patronising. Certainly didn't mean it to sound like that. Apologies if it came across that way.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I agree. Celtic wouldn't be Celtic without Hibs.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Were they glory hunters too?

Nope. My Grandads family all came over from Ireland. Celtic were their team in Glasgow.

As for me being a glory hunter - I was about 11 when I first saw us winning the league. Rangers dominated us for years. No glory in that except watching the great footballers from their team doing what they do best. Not that I enjoyed watching them beat us... The players they had were fantastic. Some, anyway.

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Wasn't being patronising. Certainly didn't mean it to sound like that. Apologies if it came across that way.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I agree. Celtic wouldn't be Celtic without Hibs.
It's how celtc fans generally deal with hibs fans in all the time I have followed hibs, we really aren't a smaller version of the same thing and the second team / soft spot crap is all one way in my experience.

Any road from one Edinburgh born football fan to another, nae hard feelings. Enjoy your time here.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:30 PM
It's how celtc fans generally deal with hibs fans in all the time I have followed hibs, we really aren't a smaller version of the same thing and the second team / soft spot crap is all one way in my experience.

Any road from one Edinburgh born football fan to another, nae hard feelings. Enjoy your time here.

Cheers bud... Been lurking for a good while, reckon I'll enjoy it.

Carheenlea
18-06-2016, 06:30 PM

When I got back after the final, my home town was jumping. Lots of Celtic fans who had been watching on the telly enjoying our win and celebrating and joining in with the Proclaimers in the jukebox and Stokesys on fire chants. Didn't take long to click that their keenness to celebrate was more to do with Rangers losing than Hibs winning. Heard it all before.

Pete
18-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Nope. My Grandads family all came over from Ireland. Celtic were their team in Glasgow.

As for me being a glory hunter - I was about 11 when I first saw us winning the league. Rangers dominated us for years. No glory in that except watching the great footballers from their team doing what they do best. Not that I enjoyed watching them beat us... The players they had were fantastic. Some, anyway.

Wow, that's some wait you had for your glory. Pretty easy going now though, eh?

Most people who support the old firm go on about how their family can be traced to darkest Govan or Easterhouse so at least your admitting they had nothing to do with Glasgow.

No offence but people who are born and bred in Edinburgh and support one of them are a huge part of what's wrong with football in this country.

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 06:35 PM
When I got back after the final, my home town was jumping. Lots of Celtic fans who had been watching on the telly enjoying our win and celebrating and joining in with the Proclaimers in the jukebox and Stokesys on fire chants. Didn't take long to click that their keenness to celebrate was more to do with Rangers losing than Hibs winning. Heard it all before.

Spot on patronising ....ts

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Wow, that's some wait you had for your glory. Pretty easy going now though, eh?

Most people who support the old firm go on about how their family can be traced to darkest Govan or Easterhouse so at least your admitting they had nothing to do with Glasgow.

No offence but people who are born and bred in Edinburgh and support one of them are a huge part of what's wrong with football in this country.

It's not been as easy as it should have been anyway.

None taken...

What would you have done in my position? Your family are the biggest influence on you as a child.

I agree that people supporting a team from a different city is a big problem but it's not always as simple as picking a team close to you and supporting them.

Barman Stanton
18-06-2016, 06:50 PM
The op is not exactly unusual. I have loads of Celtic supporting mates who have a 'big' soft spot for Hibs. Seeing as they have started repaying us with players for all those players they have taken in the past its fine by me.

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 06:52 PM

No interest go back to the bigot brothers

Pete
18-06-2016, 06:56 PM
It's not been as easy as it should have been anyway.

None taken...

What would you have done in my position? Your family are the biggest influence on you as a child.

I agree that people supporting a team from a different city is a big problem but it's not always as simple as picking a team close to you and supporting them.

Yeah yeah absolutely everyone who travels on the dozens of buses that leave Edinburgh for Glasgow every week has been faced with such a nightmare dilemma.

Maybe you should be asking your fellow celtic fans who's dads support raith rovers or Dundee how they would deal with it. I don't know, maybe they met Jock Stein and just HAD to support Celtic...just like Rod Stewart (who's dad supports hibs).

Can't be doing with it.

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Yeah yeah absolutely everyone who travels on the dozens of buses that leave Edinburgh for Glasgow every week has been faced with such a nightmare dilemma.

Maybe you should be asking your fellow celtic fans who's dads support raith rovers or Dundee how they would deal with it. I don't know, maybe they met Jock Stein and just HAD to support Celtic...just like Rod Stewart (who's dad supports hibs).

Can't be doing with it.

Mate I'm not disagreeing with you...

Just explaining why I support Celtic.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 07:03 PM

Can't be doing with it.

Good point and while I do welcome stubbsyy to the board, seems like a nice fella, I agree with Pete. People swarming to Celtic park or Ibrox over the years has weakened other clubs. Perhaps Scottish football would be more competitive if people had supported local teams instead of getting on numerous coaches and swelling the coffers of the OF

Pete
18-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Mate I'm not disagreeing with you...

Just explaining why I support Celtic.

Fair enough. Brave coming on and admitting that.

Henderson and Stokes are saving you from getting even more of a hard time. :wink:

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Fair enough. Brave coming on and admitting that.

Henderson and Stokes are saving you from getting even more of a hard time. :wink:

Haha cheers mate.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the football.

Thanks everyone.

Carheenlea
18-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Has anyone on here ever been inclined to go on another fans forum to blow smoke up their backsides? Serious question. It's all fine and dandy when we are tanking Rangers, cracking a few Hun jaws on the pitch post match etc, but when we have the audacity to beat Celtic, we are then "Soup Takers" and all that guff.

SuperAllyMcleod
18-06-2016, 07:28 PM

Cheers.

Are you sure you're a Celtic fan? It sounds like you wish you were a Hibs fan!

Go on, buy a Season ticket for Easter Road, you know you want to! [emoji4]

To be honest, if you are born and bred in Edinburgh I'd prefer it if you supported the Jambos rather than head along the M8 to watch either of the ugly sisters.

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Haha cheers mate.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the football.

Thanks everyone.

Stick to usual pish kerrygold? St

GreenLake
18-06-2016, 07:50 PM
I had a bunch of Celtic fans help me celebrate in their bars on the night after the cup final so I have restricted my use of the term "soap dodger" to days where we play each other.

Craig_HFC
18-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I'm willing to bet that 'I'm willing to come clean' still doesn't mean he's had a wash.

:greengrin

Stubbsyy
18-06-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm willing to bet that 'I'm willing to come clean' still doesn't mean he's had a wash.

:greengrin

Hey. I have a shower every Sunday night, whether it's needed or not :greengrin

Mikey09
18-06-2016, 08:43 PM
No interest go back to the bigot brothers

Grow up... If you don't like what he says put him on ignore.

Jonnyboy
18-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Stick to usual pish kerrygold? St

It would seem Hibs are rightly proud of being an all inclusive club. Shame you're not

The_Horde
18-06-2016, 09:09 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say I hate Celtic possibly actually more than Rangers but definitely at least on par. Disgustingly patronising bunch of 'holier than thou' supporters who genuinely believe their own hype.

I wish nothing but ill upon the future of your club, just as I wish the same on your newly formed bigot brothers.

cabbageandribs1875
18-06-2016, 09:21 PM
welcome :rolleyes:

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Hopefully won't be long til we are back and beating Celtic 😃

The Harp
18-06-2016, 10:01 PM
You seem a fair-minded guy Stubbsyy, thanks for your comments about the Hibees. It's good to get a view on our Club from a fan of another team. You would appear to be of a maturity where you would realise you wouldn't be made welcome by all. Enjoy the Hibs.net experience - but beware, we may try luring you away from the lesser greens

The_Exile
18-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Ach he's looking for an excuse to jump ship to us, get yersel a Season Ticket mate and jack the hoops in, you'll experience more ecstasy and agony in a month with us than in a lifetime with them.

h18eeynick
18-06-2016, 10:44 PM

Welcome on board mate . No doubt you will take grief but a lot of Hibs fans give grief to each other on here anyway ? Anybody with positive slant to Hibs is welcome in my opinion and an outside opinion is always welcome

NAE NOOKIE
18-06-2016, 10:57 PM

Cheers.

Nice post.

I for one have no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here, but just to be straight .... there is no 'special relationship' between Hibs and Celtic and if there ever was it was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. As far as I'm concerned ( and every other Hibby I know ) Celtic are just one cheek of the hateful old firm arse that have between them carved up the spoils of Scottish football by fair means and foul for decades and that includes seducing local kids away from supporting my club ... IE Hibernian ...... Any advantage Celtic have over Sevco in the minds of Hibs fans ( certainly this one ) is that they are slightly less nauseating than The Rangers, but lets face it that's not saying much.

The most annoying thing about Celtic is the number of their fans who profess a patronising 'soft spot' for Hibs ....... You know why its patronising? .... because in what other league in the world would fans of arguably the biggest club profess a soft spot for the 5th ( arguably 4th ) next biggest club in the country ...... imagine a fan of Man Utd saying he had a soft spot for Arsenal or a fan of Bayern Munich saying he had a soft spot for Hamburg ..... the very fact that too many Celtic fans appear to take this attitude to Hibs is a bloody insult ...... the worst slap in the face you can give a rival is to be dismissive of their ability to threaten your dominance ... nobody does that to us more effectively than Celtic with their 'soft spot' for the poor wee Hibees.

The only time I find a soft spot for another club is when they are playing one of the old firm ..... as far as I'm concerned your happiness at Hibs winning the cup is and should be limited to the fact that we gave you a laugh at Rangers expense.

Having said all that ..... don't let rants like mine put you off posting, you never know one day somebody will push the right button and you will start supporting your home town team, its never too late to do the right thing :aok:

givescotlandfreedom
18-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Go along and watch the Hibees you seem a decent guy and we're not competing :flag:

northstandhibby
18-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Cheers.

If only the huns would be as honest and frankly respectful as you are in contrast to their dark ages worshipping of a long dead Dutch invader Scottish Football would be much better off.

:aok:

Glory Glory

SuperAllyMcleod
19-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Nice post.

I for one have no problem with fans of other clubs posting on here, but just to be straight .... there is no 'special relationship' between Hibs and Celtic and if there ever was it was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. As far as I'm concerned ( and every other Hibby I know ) Celtic are just one cheek of the hateful old firm arse that have between them carved up the spoils of Scottish football by fair means and foul for decades and that includes seducing local kids away from supporting my club ... IE Hibernian ...... Any advantage Celtic have over Sevco in the minds of Hibs fans ( certainly this one ) is that they are slightly less nauseating than The Rangers, but lets face it that's not saying much.

The most annoying thing about Celtic is the number of their fans who profess a patronising 'soft spot' for Hibs ....... You know why its patronising? .... because in what other league in the world would fans of arguably the biggest club profess a soft spot for the 5th ( arguably 4th ) next biggest club in the country ...... imagine a fan of Man Utd saying he had a soft spot for Arsenal or a fan of Bayern Munich saying he had a soft spot for Hamburg ..... the very fact that too many Celtic fans appear to take this attitude to Hibs is a bloody insult ...... the worst slap in the face you can give a rival is to be dismissive of their ability to threaten your dominance ... nobody does that to us more effectively than Celtic with their 'soft spot' for the poor wee Hibees.

The only time I find a soft spot for another club is when they are playing one of the old firm ..... as far as I'm concerned your happiness at Hibs winning the cup is and should be limited to the fact that we gave you a laugh at Rangers expense.

Having said all that ..... don't let rants like mine put you off posting, you never know one day somebody will push the right button and you will start supporting your home town team, its never too late to do the right thing :aok:

Here, here - excellent post. [emoji106]

One Day Soon
19-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Standards are slipping. Two pages and still no LTYF?

LTYF

MyJo
19-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Standards are slipping. Two pages and still no LTYF?

LTYF

LTCF :wink:

SJM
19-06-2016, 04:39 PM
"My dad supports" is a shan excuse when you become an adult and you live in another city. Thank god I turned away from who my dad supported to follow the Hibees which means my boy and girl will do too. If they move away and support someone else fair enough.

Every single Celtic fan from Edinburgh I know come out with the "my family are historically from Ireland" aye, same here my mothers side but it makes no difference at all as to what football side I support.

People gushing over them "giving" us Hendo etc need to have a word too, they nearly killed us as a club with no shame at all. Hate Celtic and Rangers.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 04:48 PM
"My dad supports" is a shan excuse when you become an adult and you live in another city. Thank god I turned away from who my dad supported to follow the Hibees which means my boy and girl will do too. If they move away and support someone else fair enough.

Every single Celtic fan from Edinburgh I know come out with the "my family are historically from Ireland" aye, same here my mothers side but it makes no difference at all as to what football side I support.

People gushing over them "giving" us Hendo etc need to have a word too, they nearly killed us as a club with no shame at all. Hate Celtic and Rangers.

👍 Excellent

Stubbsyy
19-06-2016, 06:50 PM

An adult changing the team he grew up supporting is not something that I can see happening too often.

I gave my reasons as to why I support Celtic over my home team. I don't care that my family came from Ireland or if they didn't. It was my Dad who took me to games and bought me football tops.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments lads.

Nutmegged
19-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I have a few very good pals and family members who support Celtic and have us as their second team and vice versa, I don't think its much of a problem, personally I'm Hibs first & last but if there was an Old Firm game on I'd always want Celtic to beat the Orcs

NAE NOOKIE
19-06-2016, 10:26 PM
I have a few very good pals and family members who support Celtic and have us as their second team and vice versa, I don't think its much of a problem, personally I'm Hibs first & last but if there was an Old Firm game on I'd always want Celtic to beat the Orcs

Any Hibby who calls Celtic their 2nd team is perpetuating the old firm myth that everybody supports their own team, but still has to support either Celtic or Rangers as well ............. hating the huns more than Celtic doesn't make Celtic your 2nd team and if you think it does you need a fortnight in fitba rehab.

WeeRussell
20-06-2016, 11:28 AM
No issue at all with someone supporting who their auld man does. And provided the OP continues to conduct himself in this manner, then no problem with him posting on the forum either.

Welcome :aok:

.. Just don't expect any love or respect back in the direction of your club.

AndyM_1875
20-06-2016, 11:45 AM
An adult changing the team he grew up supporting is not something that I can see happening too often.

I gave my reasons as to why I support Celtic over my home team. I don't care that my family came from Ireland or if they didn't. It was my Dad who took me to games and bought me football tops.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments lads.

Fair play to you my friend. You're welcome on here as far as I'm concerned. I won't forget being held in traffic after the cup final in the Calton and guys coming out of these Celtic bars coming up to us high fiving us and hugging us. Was really funny.
Beating Rangers in a cup final is a common language.

I've shifted my position on the Old Firm. I used to think one was as bad as the other. No longer. 2 years in the Championship with that toxic mob has opened my eyes to them. You boys are a genuinely big club but there is none of the malevolence and naked ugliness that goes with the Govan outfit. I really don't envy you getting four doses of that fixture and all the hysteria that goes with it. The position of the fan bases have changed utterly since 2012. Rangers are now the professional victims, the paranoid conspiracy theorists. As a neutral, I hope you don't cuddle up to them again and that Celtic keeps its distance from them in a business sense.

Stubbsyy
20-06-2016, 03:53 PM
No issue at all with someone supporting who their auld man does. And provided the OP continues to conduct himself in this manner, then no problem with him posting on the forum either.

Cheers mate.

Fair play to you my friend. You're welcome on here as far as I'm concerned. I won't forget being held in traffic after the cup final in the Calton and guys coming out of these Celtic bars coming up to us high fiving us and hugging us. Was really funny.
Beating Rangers in a cup final is a common language.

I've shifted my position on the Old Firm. I used to think one was as bad as the other. No longer. 2 years in the Championship with that toxic mob has opened my eyes to them. You boys are a genuinely big club but there is none of the malevolence and naked ugliness that goes with the Govan outfit. I really don't envy you getting four doses of that fixture and all the hysteria that goes with it. The position of the fan bases have changed utterly since 2012. Rangers are now the professional victims, the paranoid conspiracy theorists. As a neutral, I hope you don't cuddle up to them again and that Celtic keeps its distance from them in a business sense.

Thanks very much mate.

I completely agree with your assessment of they horrible ********. :aok:

Eyrie
20-06-2016, 05:56 PM

Any self-respecting Hibs fan would ensure that their kids support our club regardless of where they live so I wouldn't expect a Celtc fan to do any different.

Johnny Clash
21-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Absolutely no problem with fans of other clubs having a soft spot for Hibs. The guy has taken time to explain why and extend a bit of fraternity. I don't think it's patronising. We also have supporters from all over as do Celtic. I'm happy that we have supporters from London, Glasgow, Leeds, Nottingham etc who choose to regularly go to our games instead of their 'local' teams. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But I totally don't get those who say Sevco and Celtic are the same!! How many Hibs busses book Sevco venues near Hampden before cup finals ? I've been in countless Celtic venues before cup semis or finals and it's been fine. No hassle. Far from it. I'll take the Glasgow Hibernian over the Sevconians any day of the week!

Finn2015
21-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Absolutely no problem with fans of other clubs having a soft spot for Hibs. The guy has taken time to explain why and extend a bit of fraternity. I don't think it's patronising. We also have supporters from all over as do Celtic. I'm happy that we have supporters from London, Glasgow, Leeds, Nottingham etc who choose to regularly go to our games instead of their 'local' teams. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But I totally don't get those who say Sevco and Celtic are the same!! How many Hibs busses book Sevco venues near Hampden before cup finals ? I've been in countless Celtic venues before cup semis or finals and it's been fine. No hassle. Far from it. I'll take the Glasgow Hibernian over the Sevconians any day of the week!

Good post mate

monktonharp
22-06-2016, 01:04 AM

But I totally don't get those who say Sevco and Celtic are the same!! How many Hibs busses book Sevco venues near Hampden before cup finals ? I've been in countless Celtic venues before cup semis or finals and it's been fine. No hassle. Far from it. I'll take the Glasgow Hibernian over the Sevconians any day of the week!:agree:I've yet to meet a Celtic fan, that spits in my face and calls me a fenian barsteward because I have a green garment on. have had disagreements over the years but never on the level of that sevco mob's vicious and blatant **** behaviour. some of my best friends are Celtic fans, and some of my relatives are huns and gorgie lovin' tits who cant help trying to get a sly dig at my club at any opportunity.

Iceman1875
22-06-2016, 08:18 AM

This 100%.

Welcome Stubbsy!

At Easter Road we play...

Craig_HFC
22-06-2016, 08:25 AM
2 cheeks of the same arse.

One cheek has been sagging recently but now the plastic surgery has made the arse pert once more so it is primed to ***** all over Scottish football again.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2016, 10:24 AM

There's a lot of truth in your 2nd paragraph, been there done that including the Celtic supporters club before the 2012 final. But I have also sat in Leith pubs with supporters of many other clubs, most recently with ICT fans before our cup tie ...... most clubs don't have a problem with each other. That doesn't mean I need to have a soft spot for another club just because I don't feel the need to fight with their fans the minute I see them.

The truth is that everybody hates Sevco and Celtic, but probably Celtic less so because their songs etc tend to be a bit less 'in yer face' from a sectarian point of view, at least of late as there does appear to be less of an IRA angle to their stuff than there used to be.

But ...... They will be building snowmen in hell the day I subscribe to any cozy relationship with Celtic ... Glasgow Hibernian my hairy arse :aok:

Johnny Clash
22-06-2016, 11:05 AM
I only have a soft spot for Hibs but I'm aware that we certainly did create Celtic as we did many other teams way back in the day.

From 1875 onwards thousands came over from Glasgow to swell our support. It's a fact. We were the pioneers of a certain ethos in football that was centred around our impoverished communities and we promoted charity from the funds generated at the fitbaw.

Hibernian eventually created Celtic (originally the vote went for the name 'Glasgow Hibernian' but was quashed due to a businessman that saw a way to make money if they distanced themselves from the Hibs way!!) .

We helped fund them and played benefit games so they could build a stadium. We did that knowing that our Glasgow based support would then follow the new team. It was an unselfish act.

We then got properly shafted when Celtic raided most of our first team. This led to a few decent blokes on the newly formed Celtic board to resign in disgust. Celtic then used the massive support base that we gifted them to become the dominant force in Scotland.

So we certainly have a shared history. Mind, Glasgow Rangers back in those days were not the bigots they soon became. So, as the song says' if it wasnae for the hibees you'd be Huns' is actually more true than some would think!

WeeRussell
22-06-2016, 11:12 AM
There's a lot of truth in your 2nd paragraph, been there done that including the Celtic supporters club before the 2012 final. But I have also sat in Leith pubs with supporters of many other clubs, most recently with ICT fans before our cup tie ...... most clubs don't have a problem with each other. That doesn't mean I need to have a soft spot for another club just because I don't feel the need to fight with their fans the minute I see them.

The truth is that everybody hates Sevco and Celtic, but probably Celtic less so because their songs etc tend to be a bit less 'in yer face' from a sectarian point of view, at least of late as there does appear to be less of an IRA angle to their stuff than there used to be.

But ...... They will be building snowmen in hell the day I subscribe to any cozy relationship with Celtic ... Glasgow Hibernian my hairy arse :aok:

Nailed it. :aok:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Im not sure i agree. Im a hibby because my dad and family are all hibbies. If my dad had been a celtic fan, i probably would be too.

If i lived away from Edinburgh, id still bring mt laddie up as a hibs fan and id like to think he would be

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 11:16 AM

Agree with this. There are very few clubs i hate, the huns are one. I dont even class hearts the same way.

Celtic fans can be insufferable at times, but so can fans of all teams im sure. I think in general celtic fans have done much more to remove themselves from the unacceptable side od their support, whereas the huns have regressed.

Johnny Clash
22-06-2016, 11:48 AM
I only have a soft spot for Hibs but I'm aware that we certainly did create Celtic as we did many other teams way back in the day.

From 1875 onwards thousands came over from Glasgow to swell our support. It's a fact. We were the pioneers of a certain ethos in football that was centred around our impoverished communities and we promoted charity from the funds generated at the fitbaw.

Hibernian eventually created Celtic (originally the vote went for the name 'Glasgow Hibernian' but was quashed due to a businessman that saw a way to make money if they distanced themselves from the Hibs way!!) .

We helped fund them and played benefit games so they could build a stadium. We did that knowing that our Glasgow based support would then follow the new team. It was an unselfish act.

We then got properly shafted when Celtic raided most of our first team. This led to a few decent blokes on the newly formed Celtic board to resign in disgust. Celtic then used the massive support base that we gifted them to become the dominant force in Scotland.

So we certainly have a shared history. Mind, Glasgow Rangers back in those days were not the bigots they soon became. So, as the song says' if it wasnae for the hibees you'd be Huns' is actually more true than some would think!

Brizo
22-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Welcome Stubbsy and fair play to you for putting your head above the parapet. The response to you is as expected :greengrin.

Commercially Celtic and Sevco are the proverbial two cheeks. I doubt Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawell would have sanctioned the appointment of Brendan Rodgers if the sticky buns had still been in the Championship and I doubt that he will be shopping / cherry picking in the Scottish leagues like Delia did.

Behaviour wise the Celtic support have cut out the sectarian stuff to a far greater degree than Sevco who seem to have gone backward. You still have a real "jakey" away support but your home crowd seems to have cleaned up its act with exception of the "Green brigade". At Ibrox , on the other hand, the songs of hate come from all four stands and from the vast majority of the home fans.

Youve taken the first step in signing up for a Hibs website, sign up and support your local team where the rare triumphs are cherished to a degree your conveyor belt League titles can never be.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Can I just post a wee reminder - it's celtc

snooky
22-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Are you sure you're a Celtic fan? It sounds like you wish you were a Hibs fan!

Go on, buy a Season ticket for Easter Road, you know you want to! [emoji4]

To be honest, if you are born and bred in Edinburgh I'd prefer it if you supported the Jambos rather than head along the M8 to watch either of the ugly sisters.

The guy sounds okay however, I agree 100% with SAMcL's line above.

Stubbsyy
22-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I only post on my mobile and changed the view a couple of times, which is set to a pretty rubbish one, where i can't see all the posts with quotes or pictures/attachments so sorry I've not personally quoted you...

Just wanting to thank everyone (especially the welcoming people haha) for their posts and let you all know that I respect everyone's opinion and can see where most, if not all the negative one's, are coming from too. :aok:

Jack Hackett
23-06-2016, 12:44 PM

Totally agree. On a par with saying we are the same as the hertz

lyonhibs
23-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Any Hibby who calls Celtic their 2nd team is perpetuating the old firm myth that everybody supports their own team, but still has to support either Celtic or Rangers as well ............. hating the huns more than Celtic doesn't make Celtic your 2nd team and if you think it does you need a fortnight in fitba rehab.

Preferring that Celtc beat The Huns as opposed to vice-versa isn't the same as having them as a 2nd team.

My perennial wish of a stray nuke wiping Ibrox/Celtc Park off the face of the earth during the game has yet to come to pass, so until it does I'd probably - just - prefer Celtc to win any given OF game, but hope they get absolutely bo'ragged in every other game they play, from now to eternity.

Finn2015
24-06-2016, 06:18 AM
Certainly agree with that. I'd prefer Celtic to beat sevco but that reflects more about my strong dislike for the Huns than any liking for Celtic. Tbh, and some may think me a bit strange, but sevco are the team/club or set of support I dislike the most. I'd rather the yams beat them to!