PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers Still Haven't Paid Accrington Stanley...

Keith_M
18-06-2016, 05:01 PM
....for the two players they signed on a pre-contract in January

According to the Club's Owner (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-rangers-duo-josh-windass-8223988#xoZA44bellRreMXA.97)

Mr White
18-06-2016, 05:05 PM
New club but with the same dirty cheating values as the one that was liquidated.

I'm so so glad it was them we won the cup against.

.Sean.
18-06-2016, 05:07 PM
New club but with the same dirty cheating values as the one that was liquidated.

Let them never forget either.

lord bunberry
18-06-2016, 05:09 PM
They're a bit short the now. They were banking on the European money from their Scottish cup triumph. :wink:

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Nae wonder, dodgy Dave is too busy over funding to actually pay for anything, Vladimir romanov only with the erse hanging out his trousers as he's got no yam mugs to pay for it and a similar credit rating to the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 05:15 PM
One for the older fans who remember the old milk advert.

Accrington Stanley fan to Ian Rush. "The rangers? Who are they?"

Keith_M
18-06-2016, 05:16 PM
One for the older fans who remember the old milk advert.

Accrington Stanley fan to Ian Rush. "The rangers? Who are they?"

Exactly!

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Exactly!

[emoji1] [emoji1] Another wee corner of England gets a feel for what der hun is like.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2016, 05:18 PM
....for the two players they signed on a pre-contract in January

According to the Club's Owner (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-rangers-duo-josh-windass-8223988#xoZA44bellRreMXA.97)

Didn't they had to pay comp, as it was a cross border transfer

HappyHibby93
18-06-2016, 05:22 PM
They're a bit short the now. They were banking on the European money from their Scottish cup triumph. :wink:

My very thoughts. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I would be wiling to pay for the Crooks signing myself as long as the whole of the first team run out with that name on the back of their shirts for the next few years.

Keith_M
18-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Didn't they had to pay comp, as it was a cross border transfer

Yep, they do, but the Stanley owner says they've made no effort to pay it and has demanded the players take no part in training or playing for The Rangers until they do,.

The Rangers have laid the blame at Stanley's door, claiming that they intend to pay, as soon as Stanley answer a couple of (unspecified) questions. Sounds like a cop-out to me.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Yip pretty much with the we can do what we want attitude. Think they would learn but that same sense of entitlement prevails

SouthMoroccoStu
18-06-2016, 06:46 PM
and yet we, according to the vast majority of the Scottish media, were wrong not to sell Scott Allan to the rangers

funny that....

h18eeynick
18-06-2016, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Keekaboo;4735490]Yep, they do, but the Stanley owner says they've made no effort to pay it and has demanded the players take no part in training or playing for The Rangers until they do,.

The Rangers have laid the blame at Stanley's door, claiming that they intend to pay, as soon as Stanley answer a couple of (unspecified) questions. Sounds like a cop-out to me.[/QU

Should it not be the case though that if a pre contract is agreed that everything was sorted back in January so shouldnt be any last minute queries ? Otherwise it makes a mockery of whole situation

banarc7062
18-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Don't think hooks; crooks and comic singers ever change. Delighted to be of the Hibernian family. GGTTH :flag:

CyberSauzee
18-06-2016, 07:32 PM
This boy here is the head of the Accrington Stanley academy.

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/744153578336624640

He's getting told that he's stopping the development of the two players in question and told to grow up. No idea that you can't just take without paying for it; that's stealing, but I supposed that's the moral level they're used to, as the club they followed until liquidated in 2012 stole from Her Majesty's Exchequer.

I think I'm right in saying the amount due by the new 4 year old club is €10k for Crook and €30k for Windass as training compensation (set out by FIFA and agreed to by all national associations).

Sevco must be absolutely skint again if they can't afford that.

Expect Regan and the nepotists in charge of the game to make sure this gets sorted asap to keep from FIFA sniffing around the egregious governance of the game in Scotland.

renato
18-06-2016, 07:40 PM
I'd urge Accrington to start a petition, it's bound to work. Of course, only after they've released 2 scathing statements on their website. The Rangers would clearly understand...

Marco G
18-06-2016, 08:02 PM
No surprise, and wonder where the breadman has gone.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
18-06-2016, 08:07 PM
I trust our esteemed 'journalists' are all over this?

Thought not.

SunshineOnLeith
18-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Nicola Sturgeon needs to do something about this. Find it incomprehensible that she hasn't.

Kato
18-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Nicola Sturgeon needs to do something about this. Find it incomprehensible that she hasn't.

Joking aside, the financial governance of certain clubs in Scottish football has been a disgrace and a national disgrace this century. The SFA have lived up to their name when dealing with the culprits. Maybe the Govt should step in and do something.

Thecat23
18-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Joking aside, the financial governance of certain clubs in Scottish football has been a disgrace and a national disgrace this century. The SFA have lived up to their name when dealing with the culprits. Maybe the Govt should step in and do something.

I agree with you. Been an utter shambles they way it's all been handled! If The Rangers haven't paid them then they shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone else until someone looks at their books. If that means the government stepping in I'm all for it.

HoboHarry
18-06-2016, 10:56 PM
I agree with you. Been an utter shambles they way it's all been handled! If The Rangers haven't paid them then they shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone else until someone looks at their books. If that means the government stepping in I'm all for it.
FIFA have previously taken a dim view of Government interfering in football and I would imagine that all Scottish teams would be barred from competing abroad if it did happen.

NAE NOOKIE
18-06-2016, 11:18 PM
And so on it goes ...... The huns are obviously still to learn their lesson from the Scott Allan fiasco where they ended up looking like idiots.

There's poor class .... there's nae class ...... and then there's Sevco :faf:

northstandhibby
18-06-2016, 11:24 PM
FIFA have previously taken a dim view of Government interfering in football and I would imagine that all Scottish teams would be barred from competing abroad if it did happen.

A governing authoritative body such as the SFA has a duty of care to all of it's members and if it's so biased towards one or two of it's members such as the rangers who in return owe a duty of care to act properly in respect of paying monies due to other football clubs across uefa then it is clearly negligently turning a blind eye to the rangers acting improperly by not paying it's dues.

A sorry state of affairs indeed.

Glory Glory

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Yep, they do, but the Stanley owner says they've made no effort to pay it and has demanded the players take no part in training or playing for The Rangers until they do,.

The Rangers have laid the blame at Stanley's door, claiming that they intend to pay, as soon as Stanley answer a couple of (unspecified) questions. Sounds like a cop-out to me.
The questions being, will you take a cheque? And if not how about we pay you when we get into Europe?

Old habits die hard it seems.

Jim44
18-06-2016, 11:27 PM

Yes, it's terrible that Governments should interfere with the corruption and self-interest, which pervades the game from top to bottom. :rolleyes: Keep politics out of the football gravy-train, and stop spoiling their fun and profiteering.

cabbageandribs1875
18-06-2016, 11:29 PM
no one likes them, and they don't care

Sir David Gray
18-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Let them never forget either.

HoboHarry
19-06-2016, 12:09 AM
Yes, it's terrible that Governments should interfere with the corruption and self-interest, which pervades the game from top to bottom. :rolleyes: Keep politics out of the football gravy-train, and stop spoiling their fun and profiteering.
The other clubs combined could defeat this problem in a heartbeat but there is no will to go to battle....

oneone73
19-06-2016, 08:05 AM

... But they weren't.

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Should it not be the case though that if a pre contract is agreed that everything was sorted back in January so shouldnt be any last minute queries ? Otherwise it makes a mockery of whole situation

The pre-contract would be with the players. The compensation fee only kicks in when the players are due to join the new club.

I think there are FIFA(?) rules that can be used to decide the amount, but I remember Hibs and St Mirren managed to amicably negotiate the amount between them for McGinn.

Kato
19-06-2016, 08:55 AM

Good

Keith_M
19-06-2016, 09:02 AM

Given the almost endless amounts of corruption uncovered since the US and Swiss Govts started investigating FIFA's own dodgy dealings, you can understand why they're not keen on Govt interference.

brog
19-06-2016, 09:35 AM
There's a lovely quote from Windass in today's SM. he says, "It's frustrating because it's not like Accrington won't get paid, they'll get their money"!! Good to see the new recruits have a keen sense of humour & irony as well as knowledge of The Rangers recent history!

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 09:43 AM
There's a lovely quote from Windass in today's SM. he says, "It's frustrating because it's not like Accrington won't get paid, they'll get their money"!! Good to see the new recruits have a keen sense of humour & irony as well as knowledge of The Rangers recent history!

Obviously not seen the creditors list, or too thick to work out what one is and what it means in terms of getting your money from the rangers - look what the South African tax man had to do to collect money from their owner.

Jackass seems not too bothered about showing any gratitude to Accrington and what they have done for him?

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 10:14 AM

Yes which is a stunner and not surprising it's in that rag. How dare Accrington Stanley want their compensation that they are entitled to! Don't they know this is The Rangers?

lord bunberry
19-06-2016, 10:22 AM
The lying King will be on the phone shortly to discuss paying in instalments. Very small instalments.

Sir David Gray
19-06-2016, 10:59 AM
... But they weren't.

Some of them would have been.

I wasn't in my seat in 2012 when Hearts were presented with the trophy but it doesn't stop the Hearts fans singing it about us.

Aldo
19-06-2016, 11:03 AM
I really do find this all pretty galling considering Lying King has a massive 'war chest' if what £30 million....now after this I think it's chocolate buttons.

So they can't even afford to pay the 90 grand for 2 players.

Shows you just how far they have fallen.

Not a pot to piss in.

jgl07
19-06-2016, 11:51 AM
What was it that a South African judge said about Dave King?

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 12:23 PM
What was it that a South African judge said about Dave King?
Glib and shameless liar apparently. Just the 63 convictions so fit and proper as far as the GFA are concerned

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Certainly giving these boys a message of much they think of them. Spool out the dough big style to Joey Barton to get the headlines.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Certainly giving these boys a message of much they think of them. Spool out the dough big style to Joey Barton to get the headlines.

Wonder how much they are paying Barton

Jim44
19-06-2016, 01:39 PM
I really do find this all pretty galling considering Lying King has a massive 'war chest' if what £30 million....now after this I think it's chocolate buttons.

Not a pot to piss in.

I've raised the point before but nobody seemed to know the answer. I assume that a large chunk of the £30m war chest is from The Lying King's own 'fortune'. Most if not all of that will be in South Africa whose laws prevent the export of large sums of money. Where is it then coming from?

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Wonder how much they are paying Barton
More than they are paying Accrington by the sound of it.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 02:12 PM
More than they are paying Accrington by the sound of it.

True. Today has made me laugh.

Huns don't pay compensation.
Accrington Stanley refuse to let the two players train with Sevco until they get compensation.
It's all Accrington Stanley's fault.

Hunbelievable

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 02:36 PM
True. Today has made me laugh.

Huns don't pay compensation.
Accrington Stanley refuse to let the two players train with Sevco until they get compensation.
It's all Accrington Stanley's fault.

Hunbelievable
All down to those nasty big hibs boys who ran on the pitch celebrating.

Der hun is in shock. Sure Accrington will understand.

Big team big debts again by the sound of it

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 03:26 PM
All down to those nasty big hibs boys who ran on the pitch celebrating.

Der hun is in shock. Sure Accrington will understand.

Big team big debts again by the sound of it

Let's hope history repeats itself

Aldo
19-06-2016, 03:38 PM
I've raised the point before but nobody seemed to know the answer. I assume that a large chunk of the £30m war chest is from The Lying King's own 'fortune'. Most if not all of that will be in South Africa whose laws prevent the export of large sums of money. Where is it then coming from?

It's coming from nowhere IMHO! They got nowt hence the 'free transfers' and very very minimal fee for Stanley duo.... Which they can't pay upfront! 90k or do!! Really!!

I honestly don't see them paying anything like £500 to a million pound on players and it'll just be wages!

Lying hasn't put a penny into the club and from what I gather the money from the '3 Bears' paid off Ashley!

Ronniekirk
19-06-2016, 04:24 PM

George (Rupert The Bear ) Letham and the other two Bears Maybe Goldilocks has also decided to Invest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Not learnt a single thing and will continue to carry on like they always have.

jgl07
19-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Have you seen the Rand-Sterling Exchange rate recently. Whatever apparent fortune Dodgy Dave has in Johannesburg it will not amount to much when converted into Sterling.

In any event it will not be easy to get money out of South Africa. He is likely to do what David Murray did for years. That is to get other people in 'invest' in Rangers and lose out.

The Breadman appears to be shopping in the 'past it' players from the English Championship pool. It was enough to get out of the Championship largely because Hibs couldn't really deliver away from home against the likes of Dumbarton and got embroiled in cup runs. Not that I am complaining!

Sir David Gray
19-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Not learnt a single thing and will continue to carry on like they always have.

I continue to hope and pray that we see a repeat of their liquidation from 2012 and that they never return.

Nothing would make me happier than to see that disgusting club disappear.

Bostonhibby
19-06-2016, 05:21 PM
I continue to hope and pray that we see a repeat of their liquidation from 2012 and that they never return.

Can't see it happening, The huns sang that they don't do walking away. Except when they watched the now defunct Glasgow rangers go into liquidation obviously.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 05:27 PM

Think it could happen cos they haven't learnt, still have that sense of entitlement and arrogance. Wouldn't surprise me

northstandhibby
19-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Have you seen the Rand-Sterling Exchange rate recently. Whatever apparent fortune Dodgy Dave has in Johannesburg it will not amount to much when converted into Sterling.

In any event it will not be easy to get money out of South Africa. He is likely to do what David Murray did for years. That is to get other people in 'invest' in Rangers and lose out.

The Breadman appears to be shopping in the 'past it' players from the English Championship pool. It was enough to get out of the Championship largely because Hibs couldn't really deliver away from home against the likes of Dumbarton and got embroiled in cup runs. Not that I am complaining!

There's no guarantee either that wherever or whatever King's money is or tied up in, that similarly dodgy accomplices of King's won't make that disappear like snow off a dyke. When the cats away and all that. I would be very surprised if people back in SA were not or had not looked at making the dodgy King's money disappear - A bit like the Magic Hat.

Glory Glory

PatHead
19-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Where's Warby anyway?

HoboHarry
19-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Where's Warby anyway?
At home waiting for the mail man to bring his bonus cheque. Hope he has plenty of provisions, might be a while.......:greengrin

w pilton hibby
19-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Where's Warby anyway?

Going by the pics on the website he was taking pre-season training at Murray Park.

Sir David Gray
19-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Where's Warby anyway?

Flew out to Switzerland this morning ahead of the Europa League draw tomorrow.

Wait a minute...what!? :confused:

Thecat23
20-06-2016, 11:39 AM

I wonder why that is?? as proven FIFA is so corrupt they don't want anyone looking into their affairs. Sorry but I don't believe all clubs are like Hearts and the Huns.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Going by the pics on the website he was taking pre-season training at Murray Park.

..although some of the green Twitterati are doubting that. :greengrin

The_Sauz
20-06-2016, 12:47 PM

Not a pot to piss in.
In the following months, that went down to £20m, then when he took over, it went down to £10m :agree:

YehButNoBut
20-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Looks like they have reached some agreement

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1358035-rangers-and-accrington-stanley-agree-compensation-for-players/

Rangers and Accrington Stanley have agreed a compensation figure for Matt Crooks and Josh Windass, allowing both players to begin training with the Ibrox club.

The pair agreed pre-contract deals in January to move to Rangers when their Stanley deals expired this month. Following a dispute, the clubs have now agreed a compensation fee of around £120,000 for both players and Stanley have allowed them to begin their Rangers careers.

Rangers' pre-season training began at the weekend but the English fourth-tier club had refused to allow Crooks and Windass to take part, stating that they were still under contract until June 30 and no compensation had been agreed or paid.

Clubs must pay training compensation for players under the age 23 who move cross-border, providing the players have been offered new deals on the same or better terms than their current contracts.

Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt criticised how Rangers had conducted their business, telling STV: "They've got two great players for nothing so the least they can do is pay up properly and stop playing games".

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 07:14 PM
I suspect Andy holt is closer to the truth than the Hun apologists that pass off as journalists in Scotland

brog
20-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I suspect Andy holt is closer to the truth than the Hun apologists that pass off as journalists in Scotland

Yep, the DR today said The Rangers expected to sort out "administrative " matters with Accrington today. It's history being re-run, late payments & no payments the norm!

theonlywayisup
21-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Oh how the once famous Glasgow Rangers have fallen!!

It doesn't seem that long ago that they were signing players from Fulham (Steven Davis £3m), Everton (Michael Ball £6.5m), Fiorentina (Kanchelskis £5.5m & Laudrup £2.3m), PSV (Numan £4.5m), Feyenoord (Van Bronkhorst £5m), Barcelona (Arteta £5.8m & De Boer £4.5m), Lazio (Gazza £4.3m) and Chelsea (Tor Andre Flo £12m).

Facts from http://whatculture.com/sport/10-past-rangers-signings-that-seem-impossible-now?page=11

Plus many other players.......

Now they're picking up players from Acrington Stanley, who are they? A team in League 2 in the English Leagues - i.e. a 4th tier team. Oh how the once mightly have fallen.

Jim44
21-06-2016, 07:11 AM

It doesn't seem that long ago that they were signing players from Fulham (Steven Davis £3m), Everton (Michael Ball £6.5m), Fiorentina (Kanchelskis £5.5m & Laudrup £2.3m), PSV (Numan £4.5m), Feyenoord (Van Bronkhorst £5m), Barcelona (Arteta £5.8m & De Boer £4.5m), Lazio (Gazza £4.3m) and Chelsea (Tor Andre Flo £12m).

Facts from http://whatculture.com/sport/10-past-rangers-signings-that-seem-impossible-now?page=11

Now they're picking up players from Acrington Stanley, who are they? A team in League 2 in the English Leagues - i.e. a 4th tier team. Oh how the once mightly have fallen.

.......... Yet the muppets on FF seem delighted with their lot. Happy that their "shrewd businessman" leader is not splashing the cash blah blah ...... Will it all end n tears?:greengrin

hhibs
21-06-2016, 10:12 AM
.......... Yet the muppets on FF seem delighted with their lot. Happy that their "shrewd businessman" leader is not splashing the cash blah blah ...... Will it all end n tears?:greengrin

We live in hope ! :flag::flag:

nellio
21-06-2016, 10:41 AM
The Rangers playing games around fees for players?? They don't do that sort of thing do they....

Aldo
21-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Lying has put nowt into the club and never will IMHO.

Barring the minimal nominal fee they are paying Stanley over the next 10 years for their players I would be very surprised if they made any 'major signings' prior to the start of the season.

And I mean spend big bucks on players.

Just shows you though that the majority of Huns I know are delighted with the signing of Hill

Godsahibby
21-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Less about Rangers more about Scottish football as a whole. Could we ever sign a Sauzee, Latapy, Archibald or a David Zitelli these days?

southern hibby
21-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Less about Rangers more about Scottish football as a whole. Could we ever sign a Sauzee, Latapy, Archibald or a David Zitelli these days?

Could do easily if we adopt a hertz business strategy!!!!

But seriously not sure but believe if Lennon wanted one Hibs would push the boat out to get him

GGTTH

Ray_
21-06-2016, 12:37 PM

The 20M debt we were saddled with afterwards suggested that we couldn't do it then either, although, to be honest, I thinks the case for the huge debt was more to do with having such a massive squad of underachieving players, many of which cost a transfer fee.

--------
22-06-2016, 10:33 AM

ACCRINGTON Stanley (sp) are indeed a 4th-tier club in English football, who went out of existence in 1966 after losing their League status four years earlier. The club was re-formed in 1968 and since then has worked very hard to regain that League status - they did so in 2006. They've never done much, but they're still around and have a bunch of fans called the Stanley Ultras who really love their team and could teach a few of our supporters a lot about loyalty and making a noise.

The "Accrington Stanley, who are they?" tag came from a milk advert in the 1980's. IIRC it was about a couple of kids who supported Liverpool and who had never heard of Stanley - Liverpool winning so much in those years.

Hibs fans should honour and respect the Accrington Stanley's of this world - we could so easily become like them.

Accrington Stanley himself (the man the club's named after) is a great wee guy with loads of stories about the history of his team, League and non-League years alike.
If he ever comes to Easter Road I'll introduce you. :aok:

And they DON'T need to be messed around and lied to by a bunch of chancers like SEVCO.