PDA

View Full Version : Europa league transfer deadline

SJM
18-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Is it this Monday considering our draw is taking place then? It's not looking too good if so and JC may leave.

MacBean
18-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Is it this Monday considering our draw is taking place then? It's not looking too good if so and JC may leave.

No I think it's the Friday before you play you have to a player registered to play in that round of ties, then opens up again for the next round.

The only deadline is end of August I think for group stages, and then a few days after for free transfers.

JimBHibees
18-06-2016, 11:05 AM
http://files.heraldscotland.com/sport/14543414.Hearts_to_secure_double_signing_before_Eu ropa_League_deadline/?ref=rss

This article indicates Hearts need to sign players by the 20th June before the play on 30th June mentioning 10 days before they play. If it is 10 days would be July 4th for us. That may not be the case though as not that clear.

NYHibby
18-06-2016, 07:42 PM
No I think it's the Friday before you play you have to a player registered to play in that round of ties, then opens up again for the next round.

The only deadline is end of August I think for group stages, and then a few days after for free transfers.

This is correct except you can only add 1 additional player for each subsequent qualifying round. We can't make wholesale changes between the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds.

Here are last year's rules. Registration is covered in article 42. Because they set them for several years at a time, the 2016/17 should be effectively the same.
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Glory Lurker
18-06-2016, 07:52 PM
There's no suggestion that we are, but I would hope we wouldn't be rushed by Europa deadlines, it's very much a bonus competition for us. We do need to get next season's squad finalised as early as possible of course, but it's the Falkirk game that's the key deadline, not wherever UEFA line us up with.

Thecat23
18-06-2016, 07:59 PM
There's no suggestion that we are, but I would hope we wouldn't be rushed by Europa deadlines, it's very much a bonus competition for us. We do need to get next season's squad finalised as early as possible of course, but it's the Falkirk game that's the key deadline, not wherever UEFA line us up with.

Fully agree with this. 👍🏼

bingo70
18-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Fully agree with this. 👍🏼

At the risk of sounding like a certain poster on here but what happens if we get drawn against a good team and get absolutely pumped?

Easy to say it doesn't matter but Fenlon still gets that Malmo game brought up despite us clearly not being ready for that game at that time.

Thecat23
18-06-2016, 08:14 PM
At the risk of sounding like a certain poster on here but what happens if we get drawn against a good team and get absolutely pumped?

Easy to say it doesn't matter but Fenlon still gets that Malmo game brought up despite us clearly not being ready for that game at that time.

It's a fair point, I'm not sure if we'd take a hiding like that. If we lost I can't see many being to fussed considering the position we are in. League is a must this season no matter what.

But I'm sure there will be others who may feel different and want a run. I'd take a win anyday mind you.