PDA

View Full Version : Europa League draw

Pages : [1] 2 3

GreenArmyyy!
17-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Evening folks,

I apologise if this has been covered already but I've just been given authorisation to get time off work for whenever the away leg is.... 23 years old and didn't think Malmo was a great idea price wise last time, this will be my first European away trip so I am a bit excited!

Just wondering if we will definitely find out our opponents on Monday or will it be a case of Hibernian v team1/team2 depending on who gets through the first round?

If it is the former does anyone have a list of who we can draw?

Thanks in advance!

TamHibs
17-06-2016, 04:45 PM
It could be Hibs v the winners of a round 1 tie but at the same time it could be a straight Hibs v a team from round 2. No guarantee's either way. Best hope we draw a seeded team from round 2 :aok:

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:47 PM
It could be Hibs v the winners of a round 1 tie but at the same time it could be a straight Hibs v a team from round 2. No guarantee's either way. Best hope we draw a seeded team from round 2 :aok:

I take it though we might not know the opponent we would know which leg is the home/away leg?

GreenArmyyy!
17-06-2016, 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info Tam!

Christ that's not good, so we may not find out who our away leg is until 7 days before the tie...

TamHibs
17-06-2016, 04:49 PM
I take it though we might not know the opponent we would know which leg is the home/away leg?

Yes of course, it would be Hibs v XXX/XXX or XXX/XXX v Hibs. As normal the team drawn first would be the home side

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Yes of course, it would be Hibs v XXX/XXX or XXX/XXX v Hibs. As normal the team drawn first would be the home side

Thanks tam

Hibernia&Alba
17-06-2016, 04:55 PM
My dying wish is to see Hibs play Manchester United in a European tie. This is the year :greengrin

Keith_M
17-06-2016, 06:10 PM
My dying wish is to see Hibs play Manchester United in a European tie. This is the year :greengrin

Don't want to play a European Tie in Manchester. A whole load of English Hooligans will turn up dressed as Hibs Fans and cause bother.

Kojock
18-06-2016, 04:52 PM
You can download the Europa Cup App and watch the draw live on Monday. It explains seedlings and how the draw is made.

"The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony."

Leitherhibs
18-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Will the away leg be week of 21/7 does anyone know?

.Sean.
18-06-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm praying we get one of the seeds so we know for certain who were playing or it's going to be a logistical nightmare and mega expensive at such short notice.

LancashireHibby
18-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Will the away leg be week of 21/7 does anyone know?

It'll only be known on Monday in which order the two legs will take place.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2016, 05:19 PM
You can download the Europa Cup App and watch the draw live on Monday. It explains seedlings and how the draw is made.

"The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony."

Is that 1.30 our time

Kojock
18-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Is that 1.30 our time

Yep 1.30pm our time.

SJM
18-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Is that 1.30 our time

Yeah.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Yep 1.30pm our time.

Ta, that's later than I thought it would be

.Sean.
18-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Downloaded the app and tried to make sense of it but to no avail.

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got a tidy away day out of it.

Jack Hackett
18-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got aitd tidy away day out of it.

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
18-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got a tidy away day out of it.
All about making sure a reasonable number of teams from the bigger countries make it through to the ground stages so that the TV rights can be sold for a higher price.

If memory serves me right, last time we were drawn to Malmö or an Irish team (can't remember who). We took the risk and booked early assuming Malmö went through. Paid off big time in terms of money saved, but it was a bit nervy after a 0-0 first leg.

marinello59
18-06-2016, 08:22 PM
My 14 year old son has researched this to death. He's told me all I have to is follow his travel instructions and book it after the draw is made. :greengrin

Glory Lurker
18-06-2016, 08:28 PM
All about making sure a reasonable number of teams from the bigger countries make it through to the ground stages so that the TV rights can be sold for a higher price.

If memory serves me right, last time we were drawn to Malmö or an Irish team (can't remember who). We took the risk and booked early assuming Malmö went through. Paid off big time in terms of money saved, but it was a bit nervy after a 0-0 first leg.

That's right! I think some boys ended up just going on the razz in Dublin??

Not going to be able to make it wherever we end up, so am going to be jealous of everyone who goes, wherever is is we go.

LancashireHibby
18-06-2016, 08:36 PM
That's right! I think some boys ended up just going on the razz in Dublin??

Not going to be able to make it wherever we end up, so am going to be jealous of everyone who goes, wherever is is we go.
Should the Irish team had gone through then our plan was to go there via Malmö 😂

Billy Whizz
18-06-2016, 08:59 PM

Drogedha I think

IberianHibernian
18-06-2016, 09:36 PM
There`s a possibility of Hearts being at home on the same night as us IF they get through first round of qualifying . Or order of our matches being changed if opponents have local rivals drawn at home on same date . Maybe something to take into account before making any travel plans .

jgl07
18-06-2016, 10:00 PM
There`s a possibility of Hearts being at home on the same night as us IF they get through first round of qualifying . Or order of our matches being changed if opponents have local rivals drawn at home on same date . Maybe something to take into account before making any travel plans .
They may shift a match to the Tuesday in such cases.

Alternatively one match may be a 18:00 kick off and the other 20:05.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I'd love a tie against an Irish, northern Irish or Welsh team tbh

Cod Boy
18-06-2016, 10:23 PM
I think the non seeds are home in the first leg.Which would mean Hibs would be home and if Hearts get through they would be away.

jgl07
18-06-2016, 10:56 PM
I'd love a tie against an Irish, northern Irish or Welsh team tbh
None of them are seeded. The only way that Hibs could get them in the draw if one of them beat a seeded team in the First Qualifying Round.

Frazerbob
18-06-2016, 10:58 PM
I think the non seeds are home in the first leg.Which would mean Hibs would be home and if Hearts get through they would be away.

Incorrect. 50/50 chance of being drawn home or away first leg.

hibee92
First European trip for me draw dependant. Got the holidays from work ready to go! Prague please!

jgl07
That rule does not apply until the Knock out rounds after the group stages.

Hibs were away first to Malmo and they were seeded.

H18 SFR
19-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Out of the other round 2 teams, where are we wanting to go?

Nicho87
19-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Anyone got a list of the teams we can get then. I know maribor, vienna and helsinki are possible teams.

SteveHFC
19-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Buzzing for this. :hyper

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Me to mate, can't wait for half one tomorrow, luckily I'm off😀

andrew70
19-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Bratislava for me please. Can't wait!

SteveHFC
19-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Me to mate, can't wait for half one tomorrow, luckily I'm off😀

Just hoping we get a decent draw.

Hibby70
19-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Videoton again

HiBremian
19-06-2016, 05:13 PM
In Bremen on 14th, in UK on 21st, so it has to be a Scandinavian team, preferably Brondby, with the away leg first :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
19-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Think everyone will be disappointed when we are drawn against a team from Kazakhstan.

greenginger
19-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Any my chance we can get Hibernians of Malta if they get through the first round.

Great for the away trip and confuse our football pundits big time. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-06-2016, 05:25 PM
One of the top seeds we could get are Racing Genk ( think thats right spelling ) from Belgium That would suit me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Anyone got a list of the teams we can get then. I know maribor, vienna and helsinki are possible teams.

The only possible opponents which have been confirmed so far are;

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Partizan Belgrade - Serbia
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Grasshopper Zurich - Switzerland
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
Slavia Prague - Czech Republic
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

If we get drawn against any other side, we'll have to wait until 7th July before knowing who our opponents will be, although depending on how one-sided the first leg is, we might know by 30th June.

snooky
19-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Any my chance we can get Hibernians of Malta if they get through the first round.

Great for the away trip and confuse our football pundits big time. :greengrin
To say nothing about putting a tenner on with the bookies for Hibs to win.
:greengrin. Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm just going check again. Is our draw 1:30pm? Just says on STV that the champs league is 11am so I'd have thought the Europa would follow straight after...... Unless they have a break for vol-au-vants, caviar, a medley of the finest cheeses and admiring a range of periwinkles between draws

dunfyhibby
19-06-2016, 05:40 PM

There's a list of seeded and non seeded teams in this link
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2016.html

Kojock
19-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm just going check again. Is our draw 1:30pm? Just says on STV that the champs league is 11am so I'd have thought the Europa would follow straight after...... Unless they have a break for vol-au-vants, caviar, a medley of the finest cheeses and admiring a range of periwinkles between draws

The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony. 1.30pm our time.
Download the Europa League App and you can watch the draw live.

Famous Fiver
19-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Dunfy

Ah canny get the matches tae light!

Any chance of putting up a link that works?

bingo70
19-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

If we get drawn against any other side, we'll have to wait until 7th July before knowing who our opponents will be, although depending on how one-sided the first leg is, we might know by 30th June.

Am I right in saying that should we beat the seeded team, we'd be seeded for the next round and a win in that tie would take us into the group stages?

Easy peasy if so!

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Am I right in saying that should we beat the seeded team, we'd be seeded for the next round and a win in that tie would take us into the group stages?

Easy peasy if so!We need to win 3 ties.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 06:02 PM
The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony. 1.30pm our time.
Download the Europa League App and you can watch the draw live.

Thanks for that mate will get the app. Cheers👍

Sir David Gray
19-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Easy peasy if so!

There's the first qualifying round
Second qualifying round (our round)
Third qualifying round
Play off round
Group stage

dunfyhibby
19-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Dunfy

Ah canny get the matches tae light!

Any chance of putting up a link that works?

Eh, try copy and paste!:wink:

Frazerbob
19-06-2016, 08:02 PM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

Another 21 'winner of' ties to be added to these but of the 12 listed I'd love Maccabi Haifa but would be happy with anywhere except Norway or Sweden.

Am I right in saying they put everyone into smaller groups before the draw so the possibilities will be narrowed down a bit?

Billy Whizz
19-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Another 21 'winner of' ties to be added to these but of the 12 listed I'd love Maccabi Haifa but would be happy with anywhere except Norway or Sweden.

Am I right in saying they put everyone into smaller groups before the draw so the possibilities will be narrowed down a bit?

Just in the 1st round

CapitalGreen
19-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Just in the 1st round

They also do this for round 2.

"For the draw of the 2nd round the 66 teams are divided into 3 groups of 10 teams and 3 groups of 12 teams."

Billy Whizz
19-06-2016, 08:24 PM
They also do this for round 2.

"For the draw of the 2nd round the 66 teams are divided into 3 groups of 10 teams and 3 groups of 12 teams."

Sorry, mis read his post, thought he meant the regionality of the draw, think they look to do this in round 1, but for obvious reasons can't do it for round 2

hibsbollah
19-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Weird. I'd love Norway or Sweden but no way I'd go to Haifa. Each to their own.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Think the reason that people are saying they don't want a Swedish or Norwegian side is because they are already into their season and match sharp.

Saturday Boy
19-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Think the reason that people are saying they don't want a Swedish or Norwegian side is because they are already into their season and match sharp.

And they may have experience of buying a pint there. £££££.

lucky
19-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Some of the potential trips are a expensive nightmare. I've got a feeling we are going to Vienna 🍺🍻🍺🍻

H18 SFR
19-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Some of the potential trips are a expensive nightmare. I've got a feeling we are going to Vienna 🍺🍻🍺🍻

Went to Vienna for a Scotland game which we won 1-0 with Gary O'Connor scoring. Great place for a trip.

Frazerbob
19-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Weird. I'd love Norway or Sweden but no way I'd go to Haifa. Each to their own.

Norway & Sweden are very expensive and they'll both be mid season (I think). Tel Aviv is a fantastic city, especially in summer.

Frazerbob
19-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Went to Vienna for a Scotland game which we won 1-0 with Gary O'Connor scoring. Great place for a trip.

That was a great trip and handy for the weekend in Bratislava. Yip, I'd take Vienna from the 12 known destinations.

Mr White
19-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Swedish top league is in the midst of a break for the euros till 9th July. Still they're mid season and we'd likely get skelped again if we draw a swedish team.

theonlywayisup
20-06-2016, 06:34 AM
When is the draw? What time?

TamHibs
20-06-2016, 06:37 AM
When is the draw? What time?

1.30pm on UEFA's website

lyonhibs
20-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Albanian Hibs
20-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Will be in Spain on the week of the 14th. Any Spanish/Portuguese teams and away leg first please!

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Will be in Spain on the week of the 14th. Any Spanish/Portuguese teams and away leg first please!

There is no Spanish or Portugese teams in this stage of the draw.

Ritchie
20-06-2016, 07:07 AM
Slavia Prague please

Pete
20-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

Never heard of any of them. Pub teams that we'll stick four or five past.

HiBremian
20-06-2016, 07:18 AM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Factoid alert. There are only two teams in the competition not in their domestic top league - Hibs and FC Zurich. The latter, as opposed to Grasshoppers, were relegated at the end of the last season. However, as Swiss cup winners they go straight into the group stages.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2016, 07:33 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

That's some hellish journeys there.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Right then.

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Some toughies there, not to confident tbh but there you go

DH1875
20-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Some toughies there, not to confident tbh but there you go

If we draw any of the known 12 teams we won't go through. Luckily all 12 destinations seem like decent away trips for anyone that's going though.

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 08:07 AM

We haven't won a Uefa Cup/Europa League tie for 27 years.

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Do we find out the teams that we are in with prior to the draw?

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2016, 08:17 AM
We haven't won a Uefa Cup/Europa League tie for 27 years.
Remember when we hadn't won the Scottish for 102 years? Positivity people!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 08:21 AM

Yes, I believe so.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 08:24 AM

Our name will not be drawn, a number corresponding to our name will be drawn.

The teams and their corresponding numbers in each of the groups of 10/12 teams will be announced prior to the draw.

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Our name will not be drawn, a number corresponding to our name will be drawn.

The teams and their corresponding numbers in each of the groups of 10/12 teams will be announced prior to the draw.

Thanks CG.

Hopefully someone will put up our group when it is announced.

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Remember when we hadn't won the Scottish for 102 years? Positivity people!

I do remember that! We've had a 12 year wait since then!!!! :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 08:37 AM
If we draw any of the known 12 teams we won't go through. Luckily all 12 destinations seem like decent away trips for anyone that's going though.

Slavia Prague are nothing special at all.

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2016, 08:38 AM
I do remember that! We've had a 12 year wait since then!!!! :greengrin
Haha typo...apologies.

lyonhibs
20-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Factoid alert. There are only two teams in the competition not in their domestic top league - Hibs and FC Zurich. The latter, as opposed to Grasshoppers, were relegated at the end of the last season. However, as Swiss cup winners they go straight into the group stages.

Indeed. Those were some tepid cup celebrations.

Winning the cup against the team that's just relegated you by a point. That's got to be more bitter than sweet it has to be said.

Kojock
20-06-2016, 09:16 AM
1st round draw teams and groups now available on the Europa League App

Hearts seeded group 1, Aberdeen seeded group 3

leggeto
20-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Irish team please that's where I'll be on holiday at the time

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 09:21 AM
1st round draw teams and groups now available on the Europa League App

Hearts seeded group 1, Aberdeen seeded group 3

So Hearts could get - Unseeded: Víkingur (FRO), Sūduva (LTU), Cork City (IRL), Infonet (EST), Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL)

Aberdeen could get - Unseeded: Trakai (LTU), RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN), Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA), Valur Reykjavík (ISL), Fola Esch (LUX)

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 09:22 AM
So Hearts could get - Unseeded: Víkingur (FRO), Sūduva (LTU), Cork City (IRL), Infonet (EST), Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL)

Aberdeen could get - Unseeded: Trakai (LTU), RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN), Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA), Valur Reykjavík (ISL), Fola Esch (LUX)

Connah's Quay Nomads is the best name I have ever heard.

Lancs Harp
20-06-2016, 09:24 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League

The link has a list of teams taking part plus a description of the rather complicated way the draw is put together

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 09:32 AM
If this makes anyone feel more confident about our chances in the EL this season, here was our team last time in the home leg v Malmo:

Williams, Forster, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur-Jones, Taiwo, Thomson, Handling, Vine

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2016, 09:33 AM
i want whoever they are >>>>>>> Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino (BLR)

i think

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 09:33 AM
If this makes anyone feel more confident about our chances in the EL this season, here was our team last time in the home leg v Malmo:

Williams, Forster, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur-Jones, Taiwo, Thomson, Handling, Vine

That midfield and forward line is just putrid.

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Connah's Quay Nomads is the best name I have ever heard.

There's a "****et FC" which I think is hard to beat :)

A Real name cannot be written here even lol

p.h.u.k.e.t FC

GreenArmyyy!
20-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Just want to confirm, on the Europa League app it states the matches will be played on Wednesday 13th and 20th of July?

Is this correct? Just presumed all Europa games were a Thursday night.

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Just want to confirm, on the Europa League app it states the matches will be played on Wednesday 13th and 20th of July?

Is this correct? Just presumed all Europa games were a Thursday night.

14th and 21st

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/competitionformat/index.html

MacBean
20-06-2016, 09:46 AM
36% chance of finding out opponents today, otherwise we're waiting until (first leg dependant) 7th July.

Hoping to get one of the twelve already through, be great to get booked up early and have something to look forward to in 3/4 weeks time.

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Doesn't matter who we get we will piss this diddy cup.

Lancs Harp
20-06-2016, 09:56 AM

I've booked the hotel and a week off for the final in Solna.

Bought on the cheap from a Glaswegian travel agent who apparently had booked every hotel in Sweden for some event that got cancelled at the end of May for some reason.

BlackSheep
20-06-2016, 09:57 AM
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/draws/index.html

You can watch here if you are short of more important things to do this morning :)

:flag:

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 10:05 AM

True. Let's get these out the way and gun for Sevilla.

offshorehibby
20-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Without tracking back on the thread, is the draw not on Sky Sports News.

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Probably not. No English teams involved so they don't care.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Sky Sports have no interest in showing draws for competitions they don't broadcast.

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Does the draw actually start at 1:30 or will we have the usual hour of two of UEFA self-congratulating themselves on how big and important they are?

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Celtic face either Flora Talinn or Lincoln of Gibraltar.
The 2 sides face each other in the first qualifying round, with the Estonian side expected to progress, before they meet Celtic in the next round.
Celtic will be AWAY in the first leg

CallumLaidlaw
20-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Does the draw actually start at 1:30 or will we have the usual hour of two of UEFA self-congratulating themselves on how big and important they are?

Should be on time. The Champions league draw was to start at 11am and is all done now. The 1st round of our draw starts at 1pm, with our round at 1.30

Billy Whizz
20-06-2016, 10:48 AM
14th and 21st

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/competitionformat/index.html

Unless Hibs and Hearts are drawn at home on the same day

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Should be on time. The Champions league draw was to start at 11am and is all done now. The 1st round of our draw starts at 1pm, with our round at 1.30

First round starts at 12.00 according to the UEFA website.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-06-2016, 10:51 AM
That midfield and forward line is just putrid.

Think the defence might have been problematic that night too...............

Andy74
20-06-2016, 10:52 AM
John McGinn currently the main picture on the BBC football site.

JeMeSouviens
20-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Live stream of the draw:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/draws/index.html

It's just the first round for diddy teams like Herts just now. We're up at half one.

SteveHFC
20-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Hearts away to some team from Estonia.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2016, 11:10 AM

FC Infonet

Ozyhibby
20-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Fc infonet for yams

Calvin
Nice wee trip to Luxembourg for the Dons.

JeMeSouviens
Sheep got some Luxemburgers.

The Yams seem to have been drawn against a website? :dunno:

SteveHFC
20-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Linfield v Cork should have some tasty scenes.

supershotmo
20-06-2016, 11:16 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

According to WIKI the Estonias stadium holds 400.

There will to 399600 fans unhappy that they cant get a ticket.

poolman
20-06-2016, 11:16 AM

From Estonia :na na:

givescotlandfreedom
20-06-2016, 11:17 AM

I'd have thought must of them would be banned from the internet.

Bristolhibby
20-06-2016, 11:17 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

400 - LOL, talk about a pub team! Will still pap Hearts.

J

Waxy
20-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Jambos playing against a Eastern European internet company.

greenginger
20-06-2016, 11:20 AM

Handy for some of their old Lith. Creditors turn up and ask for settlement . :greengrin

lugz
20-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Would love us to get Genk, what a trip that would be!!

.Sean.
20-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Praying for Bratislava, Prague or Split

Mr White
20-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Linfield v Cork should have some tasty scenes.

That will be carnage.

Ozyhibby
Would love us to get Genk, what a trip that would be!!

I would rather get a team with a 400 capacity stadium. Bollocks. That looks a great trip for the yams.

LancsHibs
Are Celtic also playing in Estonia? If both away at the same time could be problems!

Ozyhibby
20-06-2016, 11:25 AM
I'd like to get the winner of Linfield v cork

Biggie
20-06-2016, 11:25 AM
jammy gits, was hoping they'd get the Lithuanians....

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 11:27 AM

No thanks. If we get Linfield then there'll be Huns aplenty at ER on some ill-conceived "revenge" mission.

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:28 AM
BBC have made a balls up. They think we're Hibernians of Malta...

LustForLeith
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Spartak Trnava! Ooaf! Didn;t St Johnsotne play them?

PapillonVert
Spartak Trnava (Slovakia) 1st leg away.

LustForLeith

Is that where they got Spartak Trnava from?

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I think so. Unless they've made a typo.

PapillonVert
20-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Does that mean it not us v. Spartak Trnava?

20-06-2016, 11:31 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

Most of the Estonian teams play their UEFA games at the national stadium in Tallinn. Went there for a Tartan Army game a few years back. What I remember :party:(it was one of those trips) it is very like Prague. They'll enjoy the trip. Still won't accommodate their 400,000 though.

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:32 AM
BBC have taken it down so it must've been a blooper. Woops!

Waxy
How come people think we're playing sparta thingmyjig when our draw hasnt started yet?

Diclonius
We're not playing Spartak Trvana. They're playing Malta Hibs. Our draw hasn't been made yet. Everyone calm doon.

Green Man
Looking at the groups for the first round draw, they appear to be regionalised to some degree. Hopefully something similar is done for the second round groups so we can avoid a nightmare away trip.

.Sean.
20-06-2016, 11:33 AM
What time will the draw roughly start??

PapillonVert
20-06-2016, 11:34 AM
We're not playing Spartak Trvana. They're playing Malta Hibs. Our draw hasn't been made yet. Everyone calm doon.

See that has now been removed from BBC running report of the draw.

Baldy Foghorn
Spartak Trnava! Ooaf! Didn;t St Johnsotne play them?

That's not our opponents, we haven't been drawn as yet. Our draw is taking place in just under an hour

That was the 1st Rd Draw.

We're not in until the 2nd Rd - Live stream on UEFA Website at 2.30 (CET). That's 1.30pm UK

Waxy

Between the 19th/21st June.

CapitalGreen

1.30pm

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 11:35 AM

1.30pm but we will be put in a group before that.

Baldy Foghorn
20-06-2016, 11:35 AM

LancashireHibby
20-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Same here....as long as it's Cork. Could get messy otherwise.

twiceinathens

Thecat23
I would rather get a team with a 400 capacity stadium. Bollocks. That looks a great trip for the yams.

Eh? This trip will end up costing Hearts money. I think it's hilarious myself!

Diclonius
Looking at the groups for the first round draw, they appear to be regionalised to some degree. Hopefully something similar is done for the second round groups so we can avoid a nightmare away trip.

Would rather we didn't get a Scandinavian team. They're halfway through their season and will probably pump us.

Don Giovanni
20-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Yeah, spotted that as well.
Amaturish stuff from our national broadcaster!

duffers
20-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Just booked flights to Slovakia :grr::fuming:

greenlad
20-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Yeah, spotted that as well.
Amaturish stuff from our national broadcaster!

Yep just announced on Radio 5 we are playing Spartak Trnava of Slovakia

Don't book there anyone!

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Just booked flights to Slovakia :grr::fuming:

Most providers will let you cancel within 24 hours of the booking.

LustForLeith
20-06-2016, 11:42 AM
That's not our opponents, we haven't been drawn as yet. Our draw is taking place in just under an hour

Apologies, BBC were reporting who it was before removing it

mutley
20-06-2016, 11:42 AM
How F***ing typical is that?

I am here in Tallinn until September, and who do hearts get drawn against??? FC Infonet from Tallinn !!!!

Waxy
20-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Actually wish we'd get drawn against Malta Hibernians. That'd completetly blow the bbcs fuse and we'd be able to show them who the real Hibs are.

20-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Draw on here live at 1.30pm

GreenArmyyy!
20-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Do we have a list of potential opponents yet? A journalist on twitter said we would have a narrowed potential opponents list once the first round draw was done.

neil7908
20-06-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm really confused, are we playing the Slovakian team or is that a mix up?

SunshineOnLeith
What time do The Rangers find out their opponents?

cabbageandribs1875
we really have quite a low coefficiency eh

Hibernian (SCO) 3.960

calmacuk
I'm really confused, are we playing the Slovakian team or is that a mix up?

Our draw isn't until half 1.

jacomo
20-06-2016, 11:52 AM
How F***ing typical is that?

I am here in Tallinn until September, and who do hearts get drawn against??? FC Infonet from Tallinn !!!!

Good time to become an FC Infonet fan.

mutley
20-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Haha in out looking for a shirt now

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Just a wee reminder to fans thinking about booking trips as soon as the draw is made.

If we are drawn at home in the first leg and so are Hearts then one of the games will be switched.

Similarly if we are both drawn away first.

LancsHibs
20-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Just a wee reminder to fans thinking about booking trips as soon as the draw is made.

If we are drawn at home in the first leg and so are Hearts then one of the games will be switched.

IF hearts get past the Estonians!

Bobby's Cinema
20-06-2016, 11:56 AM

Is this for certain?

Dav1986
20-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Would one of our home games not be moved to the Wednesday? Like what happens when inter and ac are drawn at home the same day?

scoopyboy
IF hearts get past the Estonians!

Nope, as the draw is made today it will be decided today.

scoopyboy
Is this for certain?

Am not certain.

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Would one of our home games not be moved to the Wednesday? Like what happens when inter and ac are drawn at home the same day?

That is Champions League I think.

snooky
20-06-2016, 11:58 AM
What time do The Rangers find out their opponents?

90+2

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Why do they have so long gaps in between all the draws?

Dav1986
20-06-2016, 12:02 PM
That is Champions League I think.

But it's still a uefa competition and by all accounts, it is the same scenario (apart from being played in same stadium?) So I'd have thought it would be the same?

There is every chance I'm wrong though, just what I thought they'd do.

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 12:03 PM

4 course meals?

Since90+2
20-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Have we been put into a group yet?

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Maribor are the second highest seeded team in the round 2 draw. Good to see we were the springboard to their success, given we were the seeded team in 2010. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Sorting the next groups out will take longer so as clubs from same countries can't play each other???

Craig_in_Prague
Have we been put into a group yet?

not yet

Craig_in_Prague
Sorting the next groups out will take longer so as clubs from same countries can't play each other???

yep, I guess so, fair enough I guess.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 12:08 PM
"Matches in the qualifying, play-off, and knockout rounds may also be played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts."

Diclonius
20-06-2016, 12:12 PM
"Matches in the qualifying, play-off, and knockout rounds may also be played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts."

In our case I'd hope we keep Thursday, given if Hearts are playing in the second round their tie wouldn't be finalised until much later.

HiBremian
20-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Re the chance of the tie being switched if the Yams get past the Internet Company and have a home tie on the same day as us, just found this on the UEFA website:21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) ofeach other, is taking part in the competition and/or plays in the same stadium,and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when enteringthe clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day, the UEFAadministration may alter or confirm dates and kick-off times according to theprinciples set by the Club Competitions Committee.21.04 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) ofeach other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in thesame stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declarewhen entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day,priority is given to UEFA Champions League matches and UEFA Europa Leaguematches are reversed.Looks like something would have to have been said before today.

LancashireHibby
20-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Usual precedent is that they will set our leg dates and Hearts will play theirs the other way round if they get through.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2016, 12:18 PM

Those balls don't warm themselves, you know.

:greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
20-06-2016, 12:21 PM
So realistically even if we do find out our exact opponents today we can't book up as we don't know the exact dates?

marinello59
20-06-2016, 12:22 PM
So realistically even if we do find out our exact opponents today we can't book up as we don't know the exact dates?

That is the case unless you want to take a punt.

CapitalGreen
20-06-2016, 12:24 PM

If Hearts are away first and we are home first or vice versa then we will know the dates.

SteveHFC
20-06-2016, 12:25 PM
We are in Group 2 and could play:

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
NSI Runavik/Shakhtyor Soligorsk
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Hopefully it's Brondby/Valur or Austria Wien.

Hamish
20-06-2016, 12:26 PM
That is the case unless you want to take a punt.

Unless they are an experienced sailor think it would be dodgy going in a long narrow flat bottomed boat.

LancsHibs
20-06-2016, 12:28 PM

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Some interesting looking ties there, 'mon the number 6!

LancashireHibby
20-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Think I'm getting lazier and less adventurous as I'd be happy with Vienna. £189 return from Manchester, albeit via Cologne on the way back.

LancsHibs
20-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Have they started yet?

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Budapest please !

zlatan
20-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Budapest please !

This. Away leg has to be second.

Hibby Gav
starting now !

ggtth

Frazerbob
Belarus could be a problem re visas.

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 12:34 PM

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Where did you see this?

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Where did you see this?

its on the link where is the video:

NYHibby
20-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Where did you see this?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClZOhO-XIAArgQG.jpg

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 12:35 PM
its on the link where is the video:

Got it now Craig, thanks.

JeMeSouviens
20-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Where did you see this?

It's on uefa.com

http://www.uefa.com/img/apps/Articles/Infographics/2qr.jpg

Ryan91
20-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Where did you see this?

On the Uefa website if you follow link above.

MacBean
20-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Austria Vienna please!!!

:pray:

SteveHFC
20-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Valur/Brondby

JeMeSouviens
Valur Rekjavik or Bronbdy (Copenhagen)

Mon Dieu4
Denmark or Iceland, stroll on

Green Man
Valur Reykjavik or Brondby. Home leg first.

Craig_in_Prague
what a stupid draw system !!

Sergio sledge
Iceland or Denmark. Tough draw.

johnbc70
Israel or Denmark

Calvin
Rejkyavik or Brondby! At home first! Amazing!!! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Copenhagen or Reykjavik. Ffs, bring your own booze

gogsy23
Valur/ brondby
!

cabbageandribs1875
we were first to be drawn

HibeeLR
So are dates 100% confirmed?

Smartie
So…….if I understand this right, we're going to get our ***** skelped by Brondby?

ManBearPig
Brondby are no mugs

brog
20-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Value/Bronby!

pacoluna
valur/brondby

Imagine it will be Brondby, decent draw

johnbc70
Israel or Denmark

Oops. Iceland.

Diclonius
Brondby will be a tough tie.

Calvin
20-06-2016, 12:41 PM
This is fantastic stuff. I love Copenhagen, fantastic beer scene. Cheap flights from London. Decent sized stadium. Excellent.

Oscar T Grouch
So we've drawn two of the most expensive places to drink in Europe! :greengrin

The_Sauz

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

At hame in the first game :agree:

Ryan91
Sounds like a nice wee trip

NYHibby
So are dates 100% confirmed?

At the beginning of the draw he said it would be tomorrow.

Hibs90
Very tough game regardless who we are against.

cleanyman
Brondby will skelp us.

I'll be in Budapest sadly

MacBean
Israel or Denmark

Israel or Denmark

Israel :faf:

Rejkayvik is in iceland

Craig_in_Prague
20-06-2016, 12:42 PM
So we've drawn two of the most expensive places to drink in Europe! :greengrin

Nightmare! ......Budapest or Vienna were 2 options tae :(

Cabbage East
Hard draw and an expensive trip. Still, who did The Rangers get? :greengrin:

staunchhibby
First leg at home.Team from Iceland or Denmark:flag:

Ryan91
At hame in the first game :agree:

What dates for the games?

Pretty Boy
20-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Easy to get to. Pricey when there.

johnbc70
20-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Israel :faf:

Rejkayvik is in iceland

Just saw the ISL.

Albanian Hibs
20-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Will miss the home leg 😢

staunchhibby
20-06-2016, 12:45 PM
£77 pounds Copenhagen with Ryanair.

pacoluna
not the draw I was looking for, Brondby are a strong side and Copenhagen is one of the most expensive places in europe.

SJM
We seem to get Scandinavia all the time. :rolleyes:

Elmander and Pukki up front for Brondby, no looking the best.

hibee-boys
£77 pounds Copenhagen with Ryanair.

Flying from Edinburgh?

NYHibby
20-06-2016, 12:47 PM
No potential clash with Hearts then?