View Full Version : Europa League draw

Pages : [1] 2 3

17-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Evening folks,

I apologise if this has been covered already but I've just been given authorisation to get time off work for whenever the away leg is.... 23 years old and didn't think Malmo was a great idea price wise last time, this will be my first European away trip so I am a bit excited!

Just wondering if we will definitely find out our opponents on Monday or will it be a case of Hibernian v team1/team2 depending on who gets through the first round?

If it is the former does anyone have a list of who we can draw?

Thanks in advance!

TamHibs
17-06-2016, 04:45 PM
It could be Hibs v the winners of a round 1 tie but at the same time it could be a straight Hibs v a team from round 2. No guarantee's either way. Best hope we draw a seeded team from round 2 :aok:

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:47 PM
It could be Hibs v the winners of a round 1 tie but at the same time it could be a straight Hibs v a team from round 2. No guarantee's either way. Best hope we draw a seeded team from round 2 :aok:

I take it though we might not know the opponent we would know which leg is the home/away leg?

17-06-2016, 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info Tam!

Christ that's not good, so we may not find out who our away leg is until 7 days before the tie...

TamHibs
17-06-2016, 04:49 PM
I take it though we might not know the opponent we would know which leg is the home/away leg?

Yes of course, it would be Hibs v XXX/XXX or XXX/XXX v Hibs. As normal the team drawn first would be the home side

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Yes of course, it would be Hibs v XXX/XXX or XXX/XXX v Hibs. As normal the team drawn first would be the home side

Thanks tam

17-06-2016, 04:55 PM
My dying wish is to see Hibs play Manchester United in a European tie. This is the year :greengrin

17-06-2016, 06:10 PM
My dying wish is to see Hibs play Manchester United in a European tie. This is the year :greengrin

Don't want to play a European Tie in Manchester. A whole load of English Hooligans will turn up dressed as Hibs Fans and cause bother.

18-06-2016, 04:52 PM
You can download the Europa Cup App and watch the draw live on Monday. It explains seedlings and how the draw is made.

"The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony."

Leitherhibs
18-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Will the away leg be week of 21/7 does anyone know?

18-06-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm praying we get one of the seeds so we know for certain who were playing or it's going to be a logistical nightmare and mega expensive at such short notice.

18-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Will the away leg be week of 21/7 does anyone know?

It'll only be known on Monday in which order the two legs will take place.

18-06-2016, 05:19 PM
You can download the Europa Cup App and watch the draw live on Monday. It explains seedlings and how the draw is made.

"The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony."

Is that 1.30 our time

18-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Is that 1.30 our time

Yep 1.30pm our time.

SJM
18-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Is that 1.30 our time

Yeah.

18-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Yep 1.30pm our time.

Ta, that's later than I thought it would be

18-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Downloaded the app and tried to make sense of it but to no avail.

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got a tidy away day out of it.

18-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got aitd tidy away day out of it.

18-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Why the **** can they no just chuck everyone in the hat and be done with it? Between that, the 'ceremony', the effing about and all the crap that goes on with a draw in Switzerland I'll be turning my phone back on at 4 in the hop we've got a tidy away day out of it.
All about making sure a reasonable number of teams from the bigger countries make it through to the ground stages so that the TV rights can be sold for a higher price.

If memory serves me right, last time we were drawn to Malmö or an Irish team (can't remember who). We took the risk and booked early assuming Malmö went through. Paid off big time in terms of money saved, but it was a bit nervy after a 0-0 first leg.

18-06-2016, 08:22 PM
My 14 year old son has researched this to death. He's told me all I have to is follow his travel instructions and book it after the draw is made. :greengrin

18-06-2016, 08:28 PM
All about making sure a reasonable number of teams from the bigger countries make it through to the ground stages so that the TV rights can be sold for a higher price.

If memory serves me right, last time we were drawn to Malmö or an Irish team (can't remember who). We took the risk and booked early assuming Malmö went through. Paid off big time in terms of money saved, but it was a bit nervy after a 0-0 first leg.

That's right! I think some boys ended up just going on the razz in Dublin??

Not going to be able to make it wherever we end up, so am going to be jealous of everyone who goes, wherever is is we go.

18-06-2016, 08:36 PM
That's right! I think some boys ended up just going on the razz in Dublin??

Not going to be able to make it wherever we end up, so am going to be jealous of everyone who goes, wherever is is we go.
Should the Irish team had gone through then our plan was to go there via Malmö 😂

18-06-2016, 08:59 PM

Drogedha I think

18-06-2016, 09:36 PM
There`s a possibility of Hearts being at home on the same night as us IF they get through first round of qualifying . Or order of our matches being changed if opponents have local rivals drawn at home on same date . Maybe something to take into account before making any travel plans .

18-06-2016, 10:00 PM
There`s a possibility of Hearts being at home on the same night as us IF they get through first round of qualifying . Or order of our matches being changed if opponents have local rivals drawn at home on same date . Maybe something to take into account before making any travel plans .
They may shift a match to the Tuesday in such cases.

Alternatively one match may be a 18:00 kick off and the other 20:05.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I'd love a tie against an Irish, northern Irish or Welsh team tbh

Cod Boy
18-06-2016, 10:23 PM
I think the non seeds are home in the first leg.Which would mean Hibs would be home and if Hearts get through they would be away.

18-06-2016, 10:56 PM
I'd love a tie against an Irish, northern Irish or Welsh team tbh
None of them are seeded. The only way that Hibs could get them in the draw if one of them beat a seeded team in the First Qualifying Round.

18-06-2016, 10:58 PM
I think the non seeds are home in the first leg.Which would mean Hibs would be home and if Hearts get through they would be away.

Incorrect. 50/50 chance of being drawn home or away first leg.

First European trip for me draw dependant. Got the holidays from work ready to go! Prague please!

That rule does not apply until the Knock out rounds after the group stages.

Hibs were away first to Malmo and they were seeded.

19-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Out of the other round 2 teams, where are we wanting to go?

19-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Anyone got a list of the teams we can get then. I know maribor, vienna and helsinki are possible teams.

19-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Buzzing for this. :hyper

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Me to mate, can't wait for half one tomorrow, luckily I'm off😀

andrew70
19-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Bratislava for me please. Can't wait!

19-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Me to mate, can't wait for half one tomorrow, luckily I'm off😀

Just hoping we get a decent draw.

19-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Videoton again

HiBremian
19-06-2016, 05:13 PM
In Bremen on 14th, in UK on 21st, so it has to be a Scandinavian team, preferably Brondby, with the away leg first :-)

19-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Think everyone will be disappointed when we are drawn against a team from Kazakhstan.

19-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Any my chance we can get Hibernians of Malta if they get through the first round.

Great for the away trip and confuse our football pundits big time. :greengrin

19-06-2016, 05:25 PM
One of the top seeds we could get are Racing Genk ( think thats right spelling ) from Belgium That would suit me

19-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Anyone got a list of the teams we can get then. I know maribor, vienna and helsinki are possible teams.

The only possible opponents which have been confirmed so far are;

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Partizan Belgrade - Serbia
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Grasshopper Zurich - Switzerland
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
Slavia Prague - Czech Republic
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

If we get drawn against any other side, we'll have to wait until 7th July before knowing who our opponents will be, although depending on how one-sided the first leg is, we might know by 30th June.

19-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Any my chance we can get Hibernians of Malta if they get through the first round.

Great for the away trip and confuse our football pundits big time. :greengrin
To say nothing about putting a tenner on with the bookies for Hibs to win.
:greengrin. Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm just going check again. Is our draw 1:30pm? Just says on STV that the champs league is 11am so I'd have thought the Europa would follow straight after...... Unless they have a break for vol-au-vants, caviar, a medley of the finest cheeses and admiring a range of periwinkles between draws

dunfyhibby
19-06-2016, 05:40 PM

There's a list of seeded and non seeded teams in this link
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2016.html

19-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm just going check again. Is our draw 1:30pm? Just says on STV that the champs league is 11am so I'd have thought the Europa would follow straight after...... Unless they have a break for vol-au-vants, caviar, a medley of the finest cheeses and admiring a range of periwinkles between draws

The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony. 1.30pm our time.
Download the Europa League App and you can watch the draw live.

19-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Dunfy

Ah canny get the matches tae light!

Any chance of putting up a link that works?

19-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

If we get drawn against any other side, we'll have to wait until 7th July before knowing who our opponents will be, although depending on how one-sided the first leg is, we might know by 30th June.

Am I right in saying that should we beat the seeded team, we'd be seeded for the next round and a win in that tie would take us into the group stages?

Easy peasy if so!

19-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Am I right in saying that should we beat the seeded team, we'd be seeded for the next round and a win in that tie would take us into the group stages?

Easy peasy if so!We need to win 3 ties.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 06:02 PM
The 2016/17 UEFA Europa League season begins on Monday with the first qualifying round streamed live fron Nyon, followed at 14:30CET by the second qualifying round draw. The full list of entries, seedings and restrictions will be confirmed ahead of the draw ceremony. 1.30pm our time.
Download the Europa League App and you can watch the draw live.

Thanks for that mate will get the app. Cheers👍

19-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Easy peasy if so!

There's the first qualifying round
Second qualifying round (our round)
Third qualifying round
Play off round
Group stage

dunfyhibby
19-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Dunfy

Ah canny get the matches tae light!

Any chance of putting up a link that works?

Eh, try copy and paste!:wink:

19-06-2016, 08:02 PM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

Another 21 'winner of' ties to be added to these but of the 12 listed I'd love Maccabi Haifa but would be happy with anywhere except Norway or Sweden.

Am I right in saying they put everyone into smaller groups before the draw so the possibilities will be narrowed down a bit?

19-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Another 21 'winner of' ties to be added to these but of the 12 listed I'd love Maccabi Haifa but would be happy with anywhere except Norway or Sweden.

Am I right in saying they put everyone into smaller groups before the draw so the possibilities will be narrowed down a bit?

Just in the 1st round

19-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Just in the 1st round

They also do this for round 2.

"For the draw of the 2nd round the 66 teams are divided into 3 groups of 10 teams and 3 groups of 12 teams."

19-06-2016, 08:24 PM
They also do this for round 2.

"For the draw of the 2nd round the 66 teams are divided into 3 groups of 10 teams and 3 groups of 12 teams."

Sorry, mis read his post, thought he meant the regionality of the draw, think they look to do this in round 1, but for obvious reasons can't do it for round 2

19-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Weird. I'd love Norway or Sweden but no way I'd go to Haifa. Each to their own.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Think the reason that people are saying they don't want a Swedish or Norwegian side is because they are already into their season and match sharp.

Saturday Boy
19-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Think the reason that people are saying they don't want a Swedish or Norwegian side is because they are already into their season and match sharp.

And they may have experience of buying a pint there. £££££.

19-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Some of the potential trips are a expensive nightmare. I've got a feeling we are going to Vienna 🍺🍻🍺🍻

19-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Some of the potential trips are a expensive nightmare. I've got a feeling we are going to Vienna 🍺🍻🍺🍻

Went to Vienna for a Scotland game which we won 1-0 with Gary O'Connor scoring. Great place for a trip.

19-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Weird. I'd love Norway or Sweden but no way I'd go to Haifa. Each to their own.

Norway & Sweden are very expensive and they'll both be mid season (I think). Tel Aviv is a fantastic city, especially in summer.

19-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Went to Vienna for a Scotland game which we won 1-0 with Gary O'Connor scoring. Great place for a trip.

That was a great trip and handy for the weekend in Bratislava. Yip, I'd take Vienna from the 12 known destinations.

19-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Swedish top league is in the midst of a break for the euros till 9th July. Still they're mid season and we'd likely get skelped again if we draw a swedish team.

20-06-2016, 06:34 AM
When is the draw? What time?

TamHibs
20-06-2016, 06:37 AM
When is the draw? What time?

1.30pm on UEFA's website

20-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

20-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Will be in Spain on the week of the 14th. Any Spanish/Portuguese teams and away leg first please!

20-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Will be in Spain on the week of the 14th. Any Spanish/Portuguese teams and away leg first please!

There is no Spanish or Portugese teams in this stage of the draw.

20-06-2016, 07:07 AM
Slavia Prague please

20-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

Never heard of any of them. Pub teams that we'll stick four or five past.

HiBremian
20-06-2016, 07:18 AM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Factoid alert. There are only two teams in the competition not in their domestic top league - Hibs and FC Zurich. The latter, as opposed to Grasshoppers, were relegated at the end of the last season. However, as Swiss cup winners they go straight into the group stages.

20-06-2016, 07:33 AM

Genk - Belgium
Maribor - Slovenia
Austria Vienna - Austria
Maccabi Haifa - Israel
Hajduk Split - Croatia
Stromsgodset - Norway
Osmanlispor - Turkey
BK Hacken - Sweden
PAS Giannina - Greece

That's some hellish journeys there.

20-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Right then.

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Some toughies there, not to confident tbh but there you go

20-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Some toughies there, not to confident tbh but there you go

If we draw any of the known 12 teams we won't go through. Luckily all 12 destinations seem like decent away trips for anyone that's going though.

20-06-2016, 08:07 AM

We haven't won a Uefa Cup/Europa League tie for 27 years.

20-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Do we find out the teams that we are in with prior to the draw?

20-06-2016, 08:17 AM
We haven't won a Uefa Cup/Europa League tie for 27 years.
Remember when we hadn't won the Scottish for 102 years? Positivity people!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

20-06-2016, 08:21 AM

Yes, I believe so.

20-06-2016, 08:24 AM

Our name will not be drawn, a number corresponding to our name will be drawn.

The teams and their corresponding numbers in each of the groups of 10/12 teams will be announced prior to the draw.

20-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Our name will not be drawn, a number corresponding to our name will be drawn.

The teams and their corresponding numbers in each of the groups of 10/12 teams will be announced prior to the draw.

Thanks CG.

Hopefully someone will put up our group when it is announced.

20-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Remember when we hadn't won the Scottish for 102 years? Positivity people!

I do remember that! We've had a 12 year wait since then!!!! :greengrin

20-06-2016, 08:37 AM
If we draw any of the known 12 teams we won't go through. Luckily all 12 destinations seem like decent away trips for anyone that's going though.

Slavia Prague are nothing special at all.

20-06-2016, 08:38 AM
I do remember that! We've had a 12 year wait since then!!!! :greengrin
Haha typo...apologies.

20-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Factoid alert. There are only two teams in the competition not in their domestic top league - Hibs and FC Zurich. The latter, as opposed to Grasshoppers, were relegated at the end of the last season. However, as Swiss cup winners they go straight into the group stages.

Indeed. Those were some tepid cup celebrations.

Winning the cup against the team that's just relegated you by a point. That's got to be more bitter than sweet it has to be said.

20-06-2016, 09:16 AM
1st round draw teams and groups now available on the Europa League App

Hearts seeded group 1, Aberdeen seeded group 3

20-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Irish team please that's where I'll be on holiday at the time

20-06-2016, 09:21 AM
1st round draw teams and groups now available on the Europa League App

Hearts seeded group 1, Aberdeen seeded group 3

So Hearts could get - Unseeded: Víkingur (FRO), Sūduva (LTU), Cork City (IRL), Infonet (EST), Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL)

Aberdeen could get - Unseeded: Trakai (LTU), RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN), Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA), Valur Reykjavík (ISL), Fola Esch (LUX)

20-06-2016, 09:22 AM
So Hearts could get - Unseeded: Víkingur (FRO), Sūduva (LTU), Cork City (IRL), Infonet (EST), Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL)

Aberdeen could get - Unseeded: Trakai (LTU), RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN), Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA), Valur Reykjavík (ISL), Fola Esch (LUX)

Connah's Quay Nomads is the best name I have ever heard.

20-06-2016, 09:24 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_UEFA_Europa_League

The link has a list of teams taking part plus a description of the rather complicated way the draw is put together

20-06-2016, 09:32 AM
If this makes anyone feel more confident about our chances in the EL this season, here was our team last time in the home leg v Malmo:

Williams, Forster, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur-Jones, Taiwo, Thomson, Handling, Vine

20-06-2016, 09:33 AM
i want whoever they are >>>>>>> Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino (BLR)

i think

20-06-2016, 09:33 AM
If this makes anyone feel more confident about our chances in the EL this season, here was our team last time in the home leg v Malmo:

Williams, Forster, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur-Jones, Taiwo, Thomson, Handling, Vine

That midfield and forward line is just putrid.

20-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Connah's Quay Nomads is the best name I have ever heard.

There's a "****et FC" which I think is hard to beat :)

A Real name cannot be written here even lol

p.h.u.k.e.t FC

20-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Just want to confirm, on the Europa League app it states the matches will be played on Wednesday 13th and 20th of July?

Is this correct? Just presumed all Europa games were a Thursday night.

20-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Just want to confirm, on the Europa League app it states the matches will be played on Wednesday 13th and 20th of July?

Is this correct? Just presumed all Europa games were a Thursday night.

14th and 21st

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/competitionformat/index.html

20-06-2016, 09:46 AM
36% chance of finding out opponents today, otherwise we're waiting until (first leg dependant) 7th July.

Hoping to get one of the twelve already through, be great to get booked up early and have something to look forward to in 3/4 weeks time.

20-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Doesn't matter who we get we will piss this diddy cup.

20-06-2016, 09:56 AM

I've booked the hotel and a week off for the final in Solna.

Bought on the cheap from a Glaswegian travel agent who apparently had booked every hotel in Sweden for some event that got cancelled at the end of May for some reason.

BlackSheep
20-06-2016, 09:57 AM
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/draws/index.html

You can watch here if you are short of more important things to do this morning :)

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 10:05 AM

True. Let's get these out the way and gun for Sevilla.

20-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Without tracking back on the thread, is the draw not on Sky Sports News.

20-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Probably not. No English teams involved so they don't care.

20-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Sky Sports have no interest in showing draws for competitions they don't broadcast.

20-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Does the draw actually start at 1:30 or will we have the usual hour of two of UEFA self-congratulating themselves on how big and important they are?

20-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Celtic face either Flora Talinn or Lincoln of Gibraltar.
The 2 sides face each other in the first qualifying round, with the Estonian side expected to progress, before they meet Celtic in the next round.
Celtic will be AWAY in the first leg

20-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Does the draw actually start at 1:30 or will we have the usual hour of two of UEFA self-congratulating themselves on how big and important they are?

Should be on time. The Champions league draw was to start at 11am and is all done now. The 1st round of our draw starts at 1pm, with our round at 1.30

20-06-2016, 10:48 AM
14th and 21st

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/competitionformat/index.html

Unless Hibs and Hearts are drawn at home on the same day

20-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Should be on time. The Champions league draw was to start at 11am and is all done now. The 1st round of our draw starts at 1pm, with our round at 1.30

First round starts at 12.00 according to the UEFA website.

20-06-2016, 10:51 AM
That midfield and forward line is just putrid.

Think the defence might have been problematic that night too...............

20-06-2016, 10:52 AM
John McGinn currently the main picture on the BBC football site.

20-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Live stream of the draw:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/draws/index.html

It's just the first round for diddy teams like Herts just now. We're up at half one.

20-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Hearts away to some team from Estonia.

20-06-2016, 11:10 AM

FC Infonet

20-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Fc infonet for yams

Calvin
Nice wee trip to Luxembourg for the Dons.

Sheep got some Luxemburgers.

The Yams seem to have been drawn against a website? :dunno:

20-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Linfield v Cork should have some tasty scenes.

supershotmo
20-06-2016, 11:16 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

According to WIKI the Estonias stadium holds 400.

There will to 399600 fans unhappy that they cant get a ticket.

20-06-2016, 11:16 AM

From Estonia :na na:

20-06-2016, 11:17 AM

I'd have thought must of them would be banned from the internet.

20-06-2016, 11:17 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

400 - LOL, talk about a pub team! Will still pap Hearts.

20-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Jambos playing against a Eastern European internet company.

20-06-2016, 11:20 AM

Handy for some of their old Lith. Creditors turn up and ask for settlement . :greengrin

lugz
20-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Would love us to get Genk, what a trip that would be!!

20-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Praying for Bratislava, Prague or Split

20-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Linfield v Cork should have some tasty scenes.

That will be carnage.

Would love us to get Genk, what a trip that would be!!

I would rather get a team with a 400 capacity stadium. Bollocks. That looks a great trip for the yams.

Are Celtic also playing in Estonia? If both away at the same time could be problems!

20-06-2016, 11:25 AM
I'd like to get the winner of Linfield v cork

20-06-2016, 11:25 AM
jammy gits, was hoping they'd get the Lithuanians....

20-06-2016, 11:27 AM

No thanks. If we get Linfield then there'll be Huns aplenty at ER on some ill-conceived "revenge" mission.

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:28 AM
BBC have made a balls up. They think we're Hibernians of Malta...

LustForLeith
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Spartak Trnava! Ooaf! Didn;t St Johnsotne play them?

PapillonVert
Spartak Trnava (Slovakia) 1st leg away.

LustForLeith

Is that where they got Spartak Trnava from?

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I think so. Unless they've made a typo.

PapillonVert
20-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Does that mean it not us v. Spartak Trnava?

20-06-2016, 11:31 AM
FC Ifonet v H*****

Most of the Estonian teams play their UEFA games at the national stadium in Tallinn. Went there for a Tartan Army game a few years back. What I remember :party:(it was one of those trips) it is very like Prague. They'll enjoy the trip. Still won't accommodate their 400,000 though.

Frogga
20-06-2016, 11:32 AM
BBC have taken it down so it must've been a blooper. Woops!

How come people think we're playing sparta thingmyjig when our draw hasnt started yet?

We're not playing Spartak Trvana. They're playing Malta Hibs. Our draw hasn't been made yet. Everyone calm doon.

Green Man
Looking at the groups for the first round draw, they appear to be regionalised to some degree. Hopefully something similar is done for the second round groups so we can avoid a nightmare away trip.

20-06-2016, 11:33 AM
What time will the draw roughly start??

PapillonVert
20-06-2016, 11:34 AM
We're not playing Spartak Trvana. They're playing Malta Hibs. Our draw hasn't been made yet. Everyone calm doon.

See that has now been removed from BBC running report of the draw.

Spartak Trnava! Ooaf! Didn;t St Johnsotne play them?

That's not our opponents, we haven't been drawn as yet. Our draw is taking place in just under an hour

That was the 1st Rd Draw.

We're not in until the 2nd Rd - Live stream on UEFA Website at 2.30 (CET). That's 1.30pm UK

Between the 19th/21st June.

1.30pm

20-06-2016, 11:35 AM

1.30pm but we will be put in a group before that.

20-06-2016, 11:35 AM

20-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Same here....as long as it's Cork. Could get messy otherwise.

twiceinathens

I would rather get a team with a 400 capacity stadium. Bollocks. That looks a great trip for the yams.

Eh? This trip will end up costing Hearts money. I think it's hilarious myself!

Looking at the groups for the first round draw, they appear to be regionalised to some degree. Hopefully something similar is done for the second round groups so we can avoid a nightmare away trip.

Would rather we didn't get a Scandinavian team. They're halfway through their season and will probably pump us.

Don Giovanni
20-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Yeah, spotted that as well.
Amaturish stuff from our national broadcaster!

duffers
20-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Just booked flights to Slovakia :grr::fuming:

greenlad
20-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Yeah, spotted that as well.
Amaturish stuff from our national broadcaster!

Yep just announced on Radio 5 we are playing Spartak Trnava of Slovakia

Don't book there anyone!

20-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Just booked flights to Slovakia :grr::fuming:

Most providers will let you cancel within 24 hours of the booking.

LustForLeith
20-06-2016, 11:42 AM
That's not our opponents, we haven't been drawn as yet. Our draw is taking place in just under an hour

Apologies, BBC were reporting who it was before removing it

20-06-2016, 11:42 AM
How F***ing typical is that?

I am here in Tallinn until September, and who do hearts get drawn against??? FC Infonet from Tallinn !!!!

20-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Actually wish we'd get drawn against Malta Hibernians. That'd completetly blow the bbcs fuse and we'd be able to show them who the real Hibs are.

20-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Draw on here live at 1.30pm

20-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Do we have a list of potential opponents yet? A journalist on twitter said we would have a narrowed potential opponents list once the first round draw was done.

20-06-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm really confused, are we playing the Slovakian team or is that a mix up?

What time do The Rangers find out their opponents?

we really have quite a low coefficiency eh

Hibernian (SCO) 3.960

calmacuk
I'm really confused, are we playing the Slovakian team or is that a mix up?

Our draw isn't until half 1.

20-06-2016, 11:52 AM
How F***ing typical is that?

I am here in Tallinn until September, and who do hearts get drawn against??? FC Infonet from Tallinn !!!!

Good time to become an FC Infonet fan.

20-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Haha in out looking for a shirt now

20-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Just a wee reminder to fans thinking about booking trips as soon as the draw is made.

If we are drawn at home in the first leg and so are Hearts then one of the games will be switched.

Similarly if we are both drawn away first.

20-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Just a wee reminder to fans thinking about booking trips as soon as the draw is made.

If we are drawn at home in the first leg and so are Hearts then one of the games will be switched.

IF hearts get past the Estonians!

20-06-2016, 11:56 AM

Is this for certain?

Dav1986
20-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Would one of our home games not be moved to the Wednesday? Like what happens when inter and ac are drawn at home the same day?

IF hearts get past the Estonians!

Nope, as the draw is made today it will be decided today.

Is this for certain?

Am not certain.

20-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Would one of our home games not be moved to the Wednesday? Like what happens when inter and ac are drawn at home the same day?

That is Champions League I think.

20-06-2016, 11:58 AM
What time do The Rangers find out their opponents?

90+2

20-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Why do they have so long gaps in between all the draws?

Dav1986
20-06-2016, 12:02 PM
That is Champions League I think.

But it's still a uefa competition and by all accounts, it is the same scenario (apart from being played in same stadium?) So I'd have thought it would be the same?

There is every chance I'm wrong though, just what I thought they'd do.

20-06-2016, 12:03 PM

4 course meals?

20-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Have we been put into a group yet?

20-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Maribor are the second highest seeded team in the round 2 draw. Good to see we were the springboard to their success, given we were the seeded team in 2010. :rolleyes:

20-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Sorting the next groups out will take longer so as clubs from same countries can't play each other???

Have we been put into a group yet?

not yet

Sorting the next groups out will take longer so as clubs from same countries can't play each other???

yep, I guess so, fair enough I guess.

20-06-2016, 12:08 PM
"Matches in the qualifying, play-off, and knockout rounds may also be played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts."

20-06-2016, 12:12 PM
"Matches in the qualifying, play-off, and knockout rounds may also be played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts."

In our case I'd hope we keep Thursday, given if Hearts are playing in the second round their tie wouldn't be finalised until much later.

HiBremian
20-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Re the chance of the tie being switched if the Yams get past the Internet Company and have a home tie on the same day as us, just found this on the UEFA website:21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) ofeach other, is taking part in the competition and/or plays in the same stadium,and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when enteringthe clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day, the UEFAadministration may alter or confirm dates and kick-off times according to theprinciples set by the Club Competitions Committee.21.04 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) ofeach other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in thesame stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declarewhen entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day,priority is given to UEFA Champions League matches and UEFA Europa Leaguematches are reversed.Looks like something would have to have been said before today.

20-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Usual precedent is that they will set our leg dates and Hearts will play theirs the other way round if they get through.

20-06-2016, 12:18 PM

Those balls don't warm themselves, you know.

20-06-2016, 12:21 PM
So realistically even if we do find out our exact opponents today we can't book up as we don't know the exact dates?

20-06-2016, 12:22 PM
So realistically even if we do find out our exact opponents today we can't book up as we don't know the exact dates?

That is the case unless you want to take a punt.

20-06-2016, 12:24 PM

If Hearts are away first and we are home first or vice versa then we will know the dates.

20-06-2016, 12:25 PM
We are in Group 2 and could play:

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
NSI Runavik/Shakhtyor Soligorsk
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Hopefully it's Brondby/Valur or Austria Wien.

20-06-2016, 12:26 PM
That is the case unless you want to take a punt.

Unless they are an experienced sailor think it would be dodgy going in a long narrow flat bottomed boat.

20-06-2016, 12:28 PM

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Some interesting looking ties there, 'mon the number 6!

20-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Think I'm getting lazier and less adventurous as I'd be happy with Vienna. £189 return from Manchester, albeit via Cologne on the way back.

20-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Have they started yet?

20-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Budapest please !

20-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Budapest please !

This. Away leg has to be second.

Hibby Gav
starting now !

Belarus could be a problem re visas.

20-06-2016, 12:34 PM

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

Where did you see this?

20-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Where did you see this?

its on the link where is the video:

NYHibby
20-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Where did you see this?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClZOhO-XIAArgQG.jpg

20-06-2016, 12:35 PM
its on the link where is the video:

Got it now Craig, thanks.

20-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Where did you see this?

It's on uefa.com

http://www.uefa.com/img/apps/Articles/Infographics/2qr.jpg

20-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Where did you see this?

On the Uefa website if you follow link above.

20-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Austria Vienna please!!!

:pray:

20-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Valur/Brondby

Valur Rekjavik or Bronbdy (Copenhagen)

Denmark or Iceland, stroll on

Green Man
Valur Reykjavik or Brondby. Home leg first.

what a stupid draw system !!

Sergio sledge
Iceland or Denmark. Tough draw.

Israel or Denmark

Calvin
Rejkyavik or Brondby! At home first! Amazing!!! :greengrin

20-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Copenhagen or Reykjavik. Ffs, bring your own booze

gogsy23
Valur/ brondby
!

we were first to be drawn

HibeeLR
So are dates 100% confirmed?

So…….if I understand this right, we're going to get our ***** skelped by Brondby?

ManBearPig
Brondby are no mugs

20-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Value/Bronby!

valur/brondby

Imagine it will be Brondby, decent draw

Israel or Denmark

Oops. Iceland.

Brondby will be a tough tie.

Calvin
20-06-2016, 12:41 PM
This is fantastic stuff. I love Copenhagen, fantastic beer scene. Cheap flights from London. Decent sized stadium. Excellent.

So we've drawn two of the most expensive places to drink in Europe! :greengrin

FC Aktobe/MTK Budapest
Valur Reykjavik/Brondby
FK Atlantas/HJK Helsinki
Austria Wien

We are number 6.

At hame in the first game :agree:

Sounds like a nice wee trip

NYHibby
So are dates 100% confirmed?

At the beginning of the draw he said it would be tomorrow.

Very tough game regardless who we are against.

Brondby will skelp us.

I'll be in Budapest sadly

Israel or Denmark

Israel :faf:

Rejkayvik is in iceland

20-06-2016, 12:42 PM
So we've drawn two of the most expensive places to drink in Europe! :greengrin

Nightmare! ......Budapest or Vienna were 2 options tae :(

Hard draw and an expensive trip. Still, who did The Rangers get? :greengrin:

First leg at home.Team from Iceland or Denmark:flag:

At hame in the first game :agree:

What dates for the games?

20-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Easy to get to. Pricey when there.

20-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Israel :faf:

Rejkayvik is in iceland

Just saw the ISL.

20-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Will miss the home leg 😢

20-06-2016, 12:45 PM
£77 pounds Copenhagen with Ryanair.

not the draw I was looking for, Brondby are a strong side and Copenhagen is one of the most expensive places in europe.

SJM
We seem to get Scandinavia all the time. :rolleyes:

Elmander and Pukki up front for Brondby, no looking the best.

hibee-boys
£77 pounds Copenhagen with Ryanair.

Flying from Edinburgh?

NYHibby
20-06-2016, 12:47 PM
No potential clash with Hearts then?