PDA

View Full Version : Europa League draw

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Billy Whizz
21-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Hibs just tweeted to say it's out of their hands, but will confirm as soon as they can

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Crusaders are playing in Copenhagen 19 / 20th

I wonder if Randy Crawford will get a game?

Andy74
21-06-2016, 01:21 PM
So should I start panicking about the game being moved yet??

Probably. Surely would have been sorted by now unless there is an issue?

.Sean.
21-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Apparently if Hearts go through we'd be at home on the same night. What tie would take precedent???

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Surely they would just move the crusaders game to the Tuesday if that was an issue? An awful lot of pissing about here. Dont remember there ever being so much hassle before

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Apparently if Hearts go through we'd be at home on the same night. What tie would take precedent???

Hearts were 2nd out the hat . They are due to play the home leg in their 2nd leg, we are due to be away that leg.. I read the uefa website and it states clearly that 1st out the hat is at home 1st leg...

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Hearts are scheduled to be Away for the first leg of the 2nd qualifying round.

Bristolhibby
21-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Would they swap legs to deconflict potential bother in one city?

J

LancashireHibby
21-06-2016, 01:31 PM

J
It's certainly one of the things they'd take in to consideration. Those who have already booked have my sympathy; every minute waiting feels like a lifetime when there's a lot of money riding on it.

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 01:32 PM

J

Surely they would move the fc copenhagen game to the tuesday before they would swap or leg to being at home the same week as hearts. Wouldnt make any sense..

CB_NO3
21-06-2016, 02:28 PM
I dont understand why a tie on a Tuesday or Wednesday would impact us on a Thursday? Two games happen on different days in the same city all the time.

LancsHibs
21-06-2016, 02:32 PM
It just needs sorting sharpish, folk have spent money and will have to rearrange or are waiting on a decision!:I'm waiti

Frazerbob
21-06-2016, 03:14 PM
This is becoming a farce. How long does it take to confirm fixtures for a date that is pre-arranged?

Dav1986
21-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Who are the other teams that could affect us in this regard from Iceland and Denmark? Or hearts potential opponents? What do we think the chances are? Uefa said they would inform the club's in writing today on any changes. I think I heard that at the draw anyway.

andrew70
21-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Who are the other teams that could affect us in this regard from Iceland and Denmark? Or hearts potential opponents? What do we think the chances are? Uefa said they would inform the club's in writing today on any changes. I think I heard that at the draw anyway.

Yeah I thought they said by lunchtime today.

Took the gamble on Copenhagen hoping they don't move weeks.

HibeeMcGinn1
21-06-2016, 03:37 PM
There's a lot of us gambled on Copenhagen on the 21st so it's a nervy wait until it's announced.

Hibeesmad
21-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping we are away on the 21st, however I won't be booking anything until it's announced, Lennon had an interview yesterday hoping to be away in the first leg

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 03:46 PM
KR v Glenavon
Valur v Brøndby
Breiðablik v Jelgava

The winner of these 3 ties have all been scheduled to play away on July 21st. That means that if 2/3 of the Icelandic teams go through, there would be 2/3 games scheduled in Reykjavik on the same day.

Lancs Harp
21-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Famous last words I know but I really cant see Valur knocking Brondby out.

green&left
21-06-2016, 03:51 PM
KR v Glenavon
Valur v Brøndby
Breiðablik v Jelgava

The winner of these 3 ties have all been scheduled to play away on July 21st. That means that if 2/3 of the Icelandic teams go through, there would be 2/3 games scheduled in Reykjavik on the same day.

They all Europa or any champions league? Champions league would be played Tues/Wed which shouldn't affact us.

Nervy wait having already booked Copenhagan though.

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 03:53 PM
They all Europa or any champions league? Champions league would be played Tues/Wed which shouldn't affact us.

Nervy wait having already booked Copenhagan though.

All Europa League.

Andy74
There's a lot of us gambled on Copenhagen on the 21st so it's a nervy wait until it's announced.

I've got a bad feeling about this now. The delay must mean some change is being discussed.

Leith Green
This is murder..!

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 03:54 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this now. The delay must mean some change is being discussed.

Me too...!

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Suppose it could be that there are two scenarios depending on 1st round winner .. Home 1st vs copenhagen but away 1st if iceland??

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Suppose it could be that there are two scenarios depending on 1st round winner .. Home 1st vs copenhagen but away 1st if iceland??

Then you run into the possibility of us clashing with Hearts as they are Home 2nd leg.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2016, 04:07 PM

Just think Hibs want to be 100% before they make a statement. Hearts got caught out today

Frazerbob
21-06-2016, 04:07 PM
KR v Glenavon
Valur v Brøndby
Breiðablik v Jelgava

With a combined crowd of less than 1000. Surely Reykjavik can cope with that? It managed with 4000 Tartan Army a few years ago!

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Then you run into the possibility of us clashing with Hearts as they are Home 2nd leg.

Maybe on the wednesday if icelandic team?? Can see why it takes so long to sort out, multiply all the ties with all the different fixture possibillities 🙄

green&left
21-06-2016, 04:08 PM
All Europa League.

Maybe I'm being daft but if Brondby beat the Icelandic mob surely any other Iceland fixtures would be irrelevant to a Danish and Scottish team?

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Maybe I'm being daft but if Brondby beat the Icelandic mob surely any other Iceland fixtures would be irrelevant to a Danish and Scottish team?

You're correct of course but the outcome of that will not be known until 7th July and I do not know if their is precedent of UEFA confirming either/or fixture dates based on the outcome of a match.

Bristolhibby
21-06-2016, 04:32 PM
On a selfish point of view my missus is out of the country for the second leg I'm looking after the kids so can't make an away leg on the 21st.

14th and I'm in Business!

J

Brondbylad
21-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Hey guys.

Sorry to come in to your forum like this but I just wanted to bring a little friendly adivse. Please forgive any bad English on my part.

I just wanted to let you know that it might be cheaper for you guys to travel to Malmö, Sweden And then take the train to Denmark. There will be a boarder control at the Danish/Swedish boarder but I think it will be easy for you to get in as long as you have your tickets for the match and hotel reservations.

It will take under an hour by train from Malmö central to Copenhagen central and from Copenhagen central you're looking at around 45 minutes to Brøndby Stadium.

Most of the time Danish people find it cheaper to travel from Sweden than from Copenhagen Airport.
Just a friendly heads-up.

Let's hope we'll get past Valur and have two epic matches :)

hibbymark
21-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Hey guys.

Sorry to come in to your forum like this but I just wanted to bring a little friendly adivse. Please forgive any bad English on my part.

I just wanted to let you know that it might be cheaper for you guys to travel to Malmö, Sweden And then take the train to Denmark. There will be a boarder control at the Danish/Swedish boarder but I think it will be easy for you to get in as long as you have your tickets for the match and hotel reservations.

It will take under an hour by train from Malmö central to Copenhagen central and from Copenhagen central you're looking at around 45 minutes to Brøndby Stadium.

Most of the time Danish people find it cheaper to travel from Sweden than from Copenhagen Airport.

Great info many thanks 👍

Billy Whizz
21-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey guys.

Thought about this route, but outbound is only on a Sunday I think

Waxy
21-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I think Valur will cause an upset. Middle of their season whilst Brondby are far from the team they where and have been idle.

LancashireHibby
21-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Hey guys.

Don't mention Malmö on here!! (Although ironically when we played Malmö, it was much cheaper to travel via Copenhagen)

Brondbylad
21-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Don't mention Malmö on here!! (Although ironically when we played Malmö, it was much cheaper to travel via Copenhagen)

I wouldn't dream of mentioning their team on here. I'm Danish. I hate Sweden that's just in my DNA. But I LOVE saving money so it might be worth considering :)

Jamesie
21-06-2016, 06:39 PM
That's it confirmed for Thursday 21 July I see. Kick off time is the next question, particularly for anyone thinking about the 15:00 Norwegian flight to Copenhagen on the Thursday afternoon. I notice the last time Brondby were in action in the Europa League, against Club Brugge, it was a 20:00 kick off local time - that would work for that flight I think as it looks about an hour from airport to ground.

lucky
21-06-2016, 06:39 PM
It's now confirmed away leg 21/07/16

Leith Green
21-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Thank you ... 😅

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Never in doubt!

CapitalGreen
21-06-2016, 06:55 PM
That's it confirmed for Thursday 21 July I see. Kick off time is the next question, particularly for anyone thinking about the 15:00 Norwegian flight to Copenhagen on the Thursday afternoon. I notice the last time Brondby were in action in the Europa League, against Club Brugge, it was a 20:00 kick off local time - that would work for that flight I think as it looks about an hour from airport to ground.

Was Malmo away not an early kick off (6pm) ?

Dav1986
21-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Just need brøndby to get through now....

ben johnson
21-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Good news on top of finding a Copenhagen pub selling a pint of Guinness for a fiver. It's all coming together. Over to you Brondby.