PDA

View Full Version : Sell out ER at 1st home game

17-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Home to Dunfermline first home game of the season. Lets push for a full house. We should bring the cup out before the game/half time etc.

Give the team a real lift and show them right from the start that they have our full support.

LancsHibs
17-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Home to Dunfermline first home game of the season. Lets push for a full house. We should bring the cup out before the game/half time etc.

Give the team a real lift and show them right from the start that they have our full support.

Let's fill ER:flag:

17-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Obviously we should be aiming to fill ER every week but I just think the 1st home game in particular would be a brilliant lift for the team!

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-06-2016, 12:01 PM

Sell out the home game. Of course. But remember what happened when we made plans to bring out the League Cup after we won it last time.
Home game, new season, new team and new Manager. That is more than enough.

17-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Sell out the home game. Of course. But remember what happened when we made plans to bring out the League Cup after we won it last time.

True but I think it will push more folk to come along if they know the cup is going to be coming out.

More people that come along means more support for the team and more money for the club. Hibs should be milking the SC win for everything its worth and using every opportunity they can to get some extra supporters though the door and extra money.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Defo!

munchar
True but I think it will push more folk to come along if they know the cup is going to be coming out.

More people that come along means more support for the team and more money for the club. Hibs should be milking the SC win for everything its worth and using every opportunity they can to get some extra supporters though the door and extra money.

Maybe better advertising the cup before Birmingham game??

monktonharp
We, as fans deserve a viewing of that elusive cup. when will we see it paraded at the stadium? why not show it at the first game? we all know what happened at ER when we were to parade the league cup but who cares? get the bloody thing oot the cupboard and give us and the team a massive lift, before the Pars game or after it.

pacoluna
17-06-2016, 12:33 PM
new league campaign, new manager, cup should be paraded in friendly against Birmingham not in the league game in my opinion.

patlowe
17-06-2016, 12:33 PM
You would think Dunfermline will bring a good amount through and, providing we beat Falkirk the previous week, I can see it being a big crowd and a great atmosphere.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Once the season starts the cup should be left in the cupboard.

Having it at Meadowbank and the home friendlies is great but when the business starts again the club should move on and focus on future silverware.

GordonHFC
17-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Was hoping for an away game on 13th August. My daughter gets married that day so there will be 3 of us missing 😣

monktonharp
17-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Was hoping for an away game on 13th August. My daughter gets married that day so there will be 3 of us missing from your daughter's wedding?:confused:

Craig_HFC
17-06-2016, 12:47 PM
new league campaign, new manager, cup should be paraded in friendly against Birmingham not in the league game in my opinion.

Once the season starts the cup should be left in the cupboard.

Having it at Meadowbank and the home friendlies is great but when the business starts again the club should move on and focus on future silverware.

Agreed

Real Emerald
17-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Too many on holiday. The right time is the first league game to show it off to everyone who committed to buying a ST IMHO 👍

Lancs Harp
17-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Personally would prefer to see the Cup paraded at the first home game. Why parade it in front of a half empty stadium before a friendly?

First league game or not at all for me.

Bristolhibby
17-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Disagree with some of the above.

Parade it at the first game! This is the Scottish Cup, and we are the holders for the WHOLE of season 16/17, what better way to start the season. I'm looking to come up for the first home game, this would be the icing on the cake.

J

monktonharp
17-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Disagree with some of the above.

Parade it at the first game! This is the Scottish Cup, and we are the holders for the WHOLE of season 16/17, what better way to start the season. I'm looking to come up for the first home game, this would be the icing on the cake.

JExactly.! don't hide it, if you've got it, flaunt it!

heretoday
17-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Personally would prefer to see the Cup paraded at the first home game. Why parade it in front of a half empty stadium before a friendly?

I think you're right.

Whatever we do, let's not parade it AFTER a game!

Lancs Harp
17-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Train tickets booked, bound to change the kick off time now.

GreenCastle
17-06-2016, 01:35 PM
So who parades it ?

When does the parade take place?

There will be a new manager and new players involved next season..the manager will want the players focused from the warm ups on wards.

Can't see it happening - unless they have it on display as the players come out the tunnel.

Lancs Harp
17-06-2016, 01:37 PM
So who parades it ?

When does the parade take place?

There will be a new manager and new players involved next season..the manager will want the players focused from the warm ups on wards.

Can't see it happening - unless they have it on display as the players come out the tunnel.

I was there I'll carry it around :greengrin

pacoluna
17-06-2016, 01:38 PM

It's already been paraded in front of 150,000 Fans no need for it to be paraded in new season.

snooky
17-06-2016, 01:49 PM
from your daughter's wedding?:confused:

:tee hee: :top marks

Nutmegged
17-06-2016, 01:58 PM

I can see the arguments from both sides but for me this is spot on, it has to be brought out by David Gray when he is leading The Hibees out at Easter Road for the first competitive game, I don't think it would detract our focus at all, if anything it will reaffirm what the fans will give to an achieving club, our players will be under no illussions what they have to do this Season but giving them yer another reminder wont hurt

hibs0666
17-06-2016, 02:06 PM
from your daughter's wedding?:confused:

Give it a miss and go to her next one?

HibsNutter
17-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Sell out against Dunfermline, win the game and parade the cup after. Simples.

shetlandhibee
17-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Sell out against Dunfermline, win the game and parade the cup after. Simples.
if its anounced that the cup will be shown, it has to be before the game! because if we lost it wouldnt be very nice paradeing it with the stadium full of jubilant dunfermline fans .... if its a good result it can allways be brought out at the end as well, IMHO it has to be that way around......GGTTH......again!!:agree:

matty_f
17-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Would definitely get the cup out for the first home game of the season, I can understand the thinking that what's done is done and we focus on the next achievement, but I think for the sake of the fans that didn't get the chance to see the team do a lap of honour at Hampden then it would be entirely fitting to get the cup paraded around the stadium at the first home game.

I think the comparisons with the last time we did it are misplaced. We chose a derby and lost it, they had a full(ish) away end (I can't remember if they sold it out or not, usually depends on whether or not they fancy their chances). If we'd won that day it would have been amazing, those are the chances you take.

Against Dunfermline, there isn't the risk of a full away end trying to spoil the party, and even if they did, is anyone seriously going to be put off celebrating a Scottish Cup victory?

I'd have the cup on parade, make a lot of noise about doing it, and try and get as many bums on seats in the ground ahead of kick off as I possibly could.

matty_f
17-06-2016, 03:39 PM
if its anounced that the cup will be shown, it has to be before the game! because if we lost it wouldnt be very nice paradeing it with the stadium full of jubilant dunfermline fans .... if its a good result it can allways be brought out at the end as well, IMHO it has to be that way around......GGTTH......again!!:agree:

Dunfermline won't sell out their allocation, never mind leave us with a stadium full of jubilant Dunfermline fans.

When the Yams did it, their whole purpose was to try and spoil the party. Dunfermline haven't got that rivalry with us, in the unlikely event that they did win, their fans would most likely give their team a clap off the pitch then head off back to the Forth Bridge to get home.

It's the Scottish Cup. Nothing's dampening that particular party.

QMU-1875
17-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Parade cup before = sell out

17-06-2016, 03:42 PM
I can see the arguments from both sides but for me this is spot on, it has to be brought out by David Gray when he is leading The Hibees out at Easter Road for the first competitive game, I don't think it would detract our focus at all, if anything it will reaffirm what the fans will give to an achieving club, our players will be under no illussions what they have to do this Season but giving them yer another reminder wont hurt

Agreed. David Gray should carry it out or something similar

17-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Dunfermline won't sell out their allocation, never mind leave us with a stadium full of jubilant Dunfermline fans.

When the Yams did it, their whole purpose was to try and spoil the party. Dunfermline haven't got that rivalry with us, in the unlikely event that they did win, their fans would most likely give their team a clap off the pitch then head off back to the Forth Bridge to get home.

It's the Scottish Cup. Nothing's dampening that particular party.

Yea, the yams were a completely different situation. Hated rivals, spewing that we'd had a bit of success and wanted to do everything in their power to make sure our planned parade of the trophy was interupted. Doubt Dunfermline fans would be bothered.

SJM
17-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Is the manager and man of the match going to be there?

Who parades it? Only the guys in the side that day?

We should be looking at 15,000 plus regardless! Anyone at the final without a valid excuse should have a look at themselves if they don't go.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2016, 04:07 PM
I remember as a laddie the 72 League Cup being paraded. We went on to batter Ayr United to within an inch of their lives. Get it round the pitch!

SJM
17-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Yea, the yams were a completely different situation. Hated rivals, spewing that we'd had a bit of success and wanted to do everything in their power to make sure our planned parade of the trophy was interupted. Doubt Dunfermline fans would be bothered.

Hearts were absolute manure at the time, they sold about half their allocation but by then Collins' **** had started to happen and we gifted them that game. They didn't want it more, we just went **** leading to the Dunfermline calamity.

Callyballybe
17-06-2016, 04:33 PM

I actually think this is a great shout. Start as we mean to go on!

Even if it's not enough to 'fill' ER, I'm sure that would bring in a few more bodies + would be nice for us ST holders and those paying at the gate regularly get a glimpse of it. Great way to start the season.

:flag::flag::flag:

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Hopefully it will be and id imagine the pars would bring a few to. Would be great to see a full house or near to it

Hi Heid Yin
17-06-2016, 05:17 PM
I remember as a laddie the 72 League Cup being paraded. We went on to batter Ayr United to within an inch of their lives. Get it round the pitch!

What a run Turnbull's Tornadoes were on in December 1972.
Poor Ayr United were steamrollered 8-1 I recall.
A certain Gorgie team not long after found themselves picking the ball out the back of the net 7 times on their own patch!
The greatest Hibs side in my lifetime.

Lago
17-06-2016, 05:26 PM
What a run Turnbull's Tornadoes were on in December 1972.
Poor Ayr United were steamrollered 8-0 I recall.
A certain Gorgie team not long after found themselves picking the ball out the back of the net 7 times on their own patch!
The greatest Hibs side in my lifetime.

Ah those good old days, how I loved them.

eastterrace
17-06-2016, 06:21 PM
I remember as a laddie the 72 League Cup being paraded. We went on to batter Ayr United to within an inch of their lives. Get it round the pitch! yes was it not taken around the ground on a dumper truck or was that the drybourgh cup

eastterrace
17-06-2016, 06:22 PM
What a run Turnbull's Tornadoes were on in December 1972. Poor Ayr United were steamrollered 8-0 I recall. A certain Gorgie team not long after found themselves picking the ball out the back of the net 7 times on their own patch! The greatest Hibs side in my lifetime. :flag::flag::flag: 8-1 was the score

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2016, 06:39 PM
To sell out we'd need Dunfermline to sell out 3,700 in the away end, I reckon about 2,000 tops from them, probably less.

If we make the game into a Scottish Cup parade day, we have the potential to sell out the home stands.

LM1875
17-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Can't see it happening unfortunately but we can all dream! The team deserves it after 21/05/16

HibsNutter
17-06-2016, 06:52 PM
To sell out we'd need Dunfermline to sell out 3,700 in the away end, I reckon about 2,000 tops from them, probably less.

If we make the game into a Scottish Cup parade day, we have the potential to sell out the home stands.

Or we could give them half/quarter of the away end if we have the demand? If it were to get to the stage that we are selling out three stands I'd like to think we would give the away fans as few tickets as possible.

West lower
17-06-2016, 07:08 PM
How about we invite a Mr. Stubbs up for our European home tie. Let him bring the cup out either before game or at half time ? A nice way of saying that you and it might put a few on the gate.

West lower
17-06-2016, 07:10 PM
How about we invite a Mr. Stubbs up for our European home tie. Let him bring the cup out either before game or at half time ? A nice way of saying that you and it might put a few on the gate.
Thank you 😎

northstandhibby
17-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Parade cup before = sell out

:top marks

Would love to see the players parade the cup beforehand.

Glory Glory

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2016, 07:34 PM
What a stupid thing to suggest or even mention :rolleyes:

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 07:42 PM
:top marks

Would love to see the players parade the cup beforehand.

Glory Glory

The club should consider it cos I'm sure it would help sell this game out

Hi Heid Yin
17-06-2016, 07:48 PM
8-1 was the score

I stand corrected. I guess Ayr deserved a wee consolation goal.:wink:

heretoday
17-06-2016, 10:20 PM
:flag: Whatever.

West lower
17-06-2016, 10:31 PM

All entitled to our own thoughts. Cheers for yours. A simple no would have done though.

sleeping giant
17-06-2016, 10:34 PM

:faf:
Steady on mate

monktonharp
17-06-2016, 11:21 PM
I am sure we should keep this thread alive,and the directors will see it as many Hibernian fans would love to see the cup paraded at our home and lots like myself turned up at the Links on the 22nd, only to be denied the chance to actually see our open top bus as the road towards us was closed for some reason. bring it out.

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2016, 11:31 PM
:faf:
Steady on mate

I started the thread asking about Stubbs coming up for the cup game lol or if it was a stupid idea. the idea went down like a lead balloon. just found it funny someone else talking about it

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2016, 11:36 PM
All entitled to our own thoughts. Cheers for yours. A simple no would have done though.

was not a dig at you pal read above

West lower
18-06-2016, 07:30 AM
I started the thread asking about Stubbs coming up for the cup game lol or if it was a stupid idea. the idea went down like a lead balloon. just found it funny someone else talking about it

If I had read the full thread I would have got your sarcasm. Cheers for clearing that up.

StevieCowan
18-06-2016, 07:36 AM
They'll be close to two thousand pars fans at this game.

Iggy Pope
18-06-2016, 07:54 AM
yes was it not taken around the ground on a dumper truck or was that the drybourgh cup

I seem to recall it was both. And a special programme on the day with Paddy on the front with both cups on a frosty pitch. Beautiful really.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 08:06 AM
They'll be close to two thousand pars fans at this game.

Should near enough fill out the south stand

JimBHibees
18-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I seem to recall it was both. And a special programme on the day with Paddy on the front with both cups on a frosty pitch. Beautiful really.

Can vaguely remember a cup being taken round on a grass cutter machine or similar. Very understated. :greengrin

Bobo
18-06-2016, 09:37 AM
]

You're right :aok: this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16958[/ATTACH

lucky
18-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Going to go against the grain here but once the new season starts we concentrate on that season not the last. There will be new players and coaching team in place so it unlikely any of them will want to parade a cup that they had nothing to do with.

Green Fish
18-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Going to go against the grain here but once the new season starts we concentrate on that season not the last. There will be new players and coaching team in place so it unlikely any of them will want to parade a cup that they had nothing to do with.
Dont agree with that stance at all but each to their own.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

18-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Get what your saying but doesn't necessarily have to be the team bringing it out. Maybe at half time it could be brought out onto the pitch by one of the legends or something. Like I say, I just think that if the cup is going to be coming out it would get more people to come along.

HibsNutter
18-06-2016, 11:24 AM
There's no way any of the current team will bring it out before the game or at half time, it's bound to have on affect on their focus. After the game is absolutely fine and may even motivate them more to win so they can enjoy the adulation at the end.

lucky
18-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Get what your saying but doesn't necessarily have to be the team bringing it out. Maybe at half time it could be brought out onto the pitch by one of the legends or something. Like I say, I just think that if the cup is going to be coming out it would get more people to come along.

That's a bit better than parading it at the end of the game. Remember what the puddle drinkers done after we won the LC against Killie. The SC win was the best thing that's happened in my time supporting Hibs but we must now focus on going forward. Yes remember the win, celebrate it, get the photo, DVD, T-shirts but as a club we must focus on promotion this season

Dom'sFirstTouch
18-06-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm firmly in the parade the cup before the season starts camp.

We've got a new manager and a tough start with games away to Falkirk and home to Dunfermline. We need to focus 100% on moving forward and winning this league. Both Hearts and Rangers had fantastic starts and never looked back, we need to do the same.

Liam978
18-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Aye IGGY we scored 8 that day, but the most disappointing thing or things was although it was publicised that the cup would be paraded only 8,000 odd turned up, and it was paraded at half time on a little cart ffs.