PDA

View Full Version : Message from Pat Stanton & Jackie McNamara

OfficialHSL
17-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Let’s get right behind Neil

Dear Fellow Supporter,

Like you, we were overjoyed last month to see our beloved Team, at last, pick up the Scottish Cup. The joy that this brought to us and every other Hibs family was just great to see. We both tried our best to bring the Cup back to Easter Road but it was not to be. It was therefore great to see David Gray pick up the Cup, particularly after such a great Captains display.

However, as Neil said last week, this is now behind us and we now need to concentrate on winning this Championship and ensuring automatic promotion. This is why we have taken the liberty to ask all Hibs fans to get right behind the Club.

This is now our third year in this League and we are sure it doesn’t need us to tell you how difficult this is financially for our Club. The Board have shown great ambition in attracting Neil to the Club and are committed to supporting him as much as possible. Hopefully we can now do our bit by doing what we can. Clearly in all cases the best way we can express this support is by turning up at Easter Road and preferably by buying a Season ticket.

Many supporters cannot or don’t want to make this commitment but are willing to support in other ways. To date we have been able to donate over £300,000 to the Club and this certainly helped Alan bring in some Players who would not otherwise have been there. There is no doubt in our minds that this played some part in helping to bring the Cup back to Easter Road. With this in mind we would like to appeal to Hibs supporters everywhere to join Hibernian Supporters. All funds that we raise go straight to the Club and are an extra source of funds and therefore go straight to the Football budget. You can join for just £10 per month. While this may not sound like a lot, when there are several thousand fans contributing this can add up to substantial sums.

We both want to see our Team get back to the top and we could be on the cusp of a really successful era at the club. Let’s give Neil a really pleasant surprise by getting as many supporters joining HSL as possible and give him extra funds to really drive us forward. So far over 1500 supporters are doing their bit to help, if you are not one of them, and you are able to help we would encourage you to do so.

You can join HSL at: http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Thank you

Jackie McNamara/Pat Stanton
HSL

Ozyhibby
17-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Get signed up folks, let's keep this going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Count me in :thumbsup:

Come on folks, dig deep and lets get this great club back to where it belongs and enjoy more success :thumbsup:

calumhibee1
17-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Going to sign up when I get home tonight on top of my ST. :thumbsup:

southsider
17-06-2016, 12:42 PM
If anyone is still not sure go watch the "crying" dvd. Then you WILL be sure. It is sensational.

matty_f
17-06-2016, 12:55 PM
The talk of this being a period where the club is on the brink of being really successful is key here, I don't think it's incorrect to say that despite facing up to a third season in the Championship.

Last year we were very close to going up, and having two cups in the bag. This is the most ambitious I have seen the club in my lifetime, I reckon, and the set up at Hibs has changed to a huge degree, and all with the goal of tangible success on the pitch being achieved.

I know it will irk some people but you have to look at the Yams to see the potential we have. If you compare what they are doing with what we are doing then you have to ask what would happen if we invested in the same way that they have. They used the investment to romp the Championship in their season down here, and with the continued investment they got a third place Premiership finish and are now looking at funding a new stand (which, from my understanding of the situation, won't be impacting their playing budget due to strong season ticket sales and FoH donations).

We don't have a stand to build, if we had comparable numbers investing in HSL and buying season tickets, we would have a significant financial advantage purely aimed at the footballing side of the club. A massive advantage.

We can look at the circumstances that acted as a call to action to the Yams fans, and we know that they were left in a do or die (literally) situation, but that was three (?) years ago and they're still investing.

The potential at Hibernian is massive, the post-Scottish Cup win showed the scale of that potential.

If we can mobilise that potential, get a chunk of the support to skip a Costa and stick the money in HSL instead, then we'd not only walk this league, but we'd be looking at challenging at the high end of the Premiership.

It's in our hands folks, I think the club are doing all they can - you have it within your gift to make a difference and push the club on. Make that decision, get behind the club.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2016, 01:00 PM
I know HSL will have someone at the Open day on Sunday.

However as I've said elsewhere I'll also be there talking hibs.net, I don't think it's any secret I have a bit involvement with HSL as well though and I'll be happy to answer what questions I can on that front if anyone has any.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2016, 01:33 PM
With 10,000 season ticket holders and only 1500 HSL members, it's easy to see the potential we have to grow HSL. Even an extra 500 members would be enough to give Neil Lennon a top signing at the top of our wage bill on top of the three already provided by HSL.

OxoHibby
17-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Think I will buy some shares mself and also sign up

bod
17-06-2016, 02:05 PM
If anyone is still not sure go watch the "crying" dvd. Then you WILL be sure. It is sensational.

what dvd's that ?

MurrayfieldHibs
17-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Think I will buy some shares mself and also sign up

Dont just think about it Oxo, make it so !!!
:agree::agree::thumbsup::agree::agree:

Iain G
17-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Just joined up :thumbsup:

kaimendhibs
17-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Been in from the start and don't even miss it each month now

MurrayfieldHibs
17-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Just joined up :thumbsup:

Well done Iain :thumbsup:

How easy was that :agree:

lucky
17-06-2016, 04:08 PM
This is best way to provide extra funds for Lennon and for fans to take control of our club.

MKHIBEE
17-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I have just made a pledge to buy shares, my application will be discussed at the next meeting

17-06-2016, 04:33 PM
The talk of this being a period where the club is on the brink of being really successful is key here, I don't think it's incorrect to say that despite facing up to a third season in the Championship.

Last year we were very close to going up, and having two cups in the bag. This is the most ambitious I have seen the club in my lifetime, I reckon, and the set up at Hibs has changed to a huge degree, and all with the goal of tangible success on the pitch being achieved.

I know it will irk some people but you have to look at the Yams to see the potential we have. If you compare what they are doing with what we are doing then you have to ask what would happen if we invested in the same way that they have. They used the investment to romp the Championship in their season down here, and with the continued investment they got a third place Premiership finish and are now looking at funding a new stand (which, from my understanding of the situation, won't be impacting their playing budget due to strong season ticket sales and FoH donations).

We don't have a stand to build, if we had comparable numbers investing in HSL and buying season tickets, we would have a significant financial advantage purely aimed at the footballing side of the club. A massive advantage.

We can look at the circumstances that acted as a call to action to the Yams fans, and we know that they were left in a do or die (literally) situation, but that was three (?) years ago and they're still investing.

The potential at Hibernian is massive, the post-Scottish Cup win showed the scale of that potential.

If we can mobilise that potential, get a chunk of the support to skip a Costa and stick the money in HSL instead, then we'd not only walk this league, but we'd be looking at challenging at the high end of the Premiership.

It's in our hands folks, I think the club are doing all they can - you have it within your gift to make a difference and push the club on. Make that decision, get behind the club.
:top marks

Ozyhibby
17-06-2016, 04:37 PM
If anyone is still thinking about it, it literally only takes a minute to sign up.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Definitely signing up as soon as I get paid next week.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Signing up next week! Lets do this!!

Iain G
17-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Well done Iain :thumbsup:

How easy was that :agree:

About as easy as an easy thing in easytown :-)

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 06:10 PM
About as easy as an easy thing in easytown :-)

But not quite as easy as a big brother contestant

HibsNutter
17-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Great to see people signing up.

Some people actively discourage people from donating to this. Why is this?

emerald green
17-06-2016, 07:12 PM
There must surely be a fair number of Hibs supporters out there who can afford a few quid each month (I know not everyone can).

You don't have to contribute £18.75 per month. The minimum payment is much less than that. Have a look on HSL link.

17-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Come on folks! Help the club and give Lennon as big a spending budget as possible!

scooby
17-06-2016, 07:45 PM
It would be brilliant if we could get 3-4k contributing to HSL on a monthly basis. Let's face it, you can't get a lot for £18.75 per month, but collectively it could transform our club.
If you can contribute folks please do.
GGTH

Leithenhibby
17-06-2016, 10:21 PM
There must surely be a fair number of Hibs supporters out there who can afford a few quid each month (I know not everyone can).

You don't have to contribute £18.75 per month. The minimum payment is much less than that. Have a look on HSL link.

:agree:

Minimum payment is less than £2 a week.

HSL, are at the Open Day, so why not stop by and ask any queries that you may have.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

I'm sure most fans can now see what we can achieve when we all pull in the same direction. :wink:

GGTTH

BT58
18-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Ive tried to sign up forit via my moby. For some reason it will not scroll down. Will wait till i can get access on my pc later on

BSEJVT
18-06-2016, 10:24 AM
I have just made a pledge to buy shares, my application will be discussed at the next meeting

Be careful

They still haven't told me I have been approved but collected first payment pronto and without any advance notification

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-06-2016, 12:21 PM

Great shout.

Agree about hearts, regardless of circumstances, they have put their money where their mouths were.

In that spirit, i am a member of HSL, and have signed up for my lad too.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Be careful

They still haven't told me I have been approved but collected first payment pronto and without any advance notification

The HSL? That's worrying as I do want to sign up

KdyHby
18-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Be careful

Happened to me too. Fortunately I'd set the money aside.

KdyHby
18-06-2016, 02:56 PM
The HSL? That's worrying as I do want to sign up

Not HSL, when buying shares direct you're told that you'll be notified when the board has approved your purchase, then the money will be taken from the account. Didn't happen in my case, the money was taken with no notification.

BT58
18-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Season ticket bought
donation per month
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
GGTTH

HappyHibby93
18-06-2016, 03:11 PM
So here we have two former club captains asking fans to sign up to HSL, if they can. What's not to like, if you can afford £5,10,15 a month, it's a no brain'r for me.

I recall George Stewart, in the Hibs club, almost in tears a year or so ago promoting HSL, asking fans then to get behind them.

That's 3 former captains of our club behind HSL. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be part of this growing collective.

I signed up at the very beginning and have no regrets whatsoever.

Come on Hibbies, let's help our new manager get us back up. http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

:flag::flag:

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Not HSL, when buying shares direct you're told that you'll be notified when the board has approved your purchase, then the money will be taken from the account. Didn't happen in my case, the money was taken with no notification.

Oh right sorry mate my mistake

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 03:55 PM
So here we have two former club captains asking fans to sign up to HSL, if they can. What's not to like, if you can afford £5,10,15 a month, it's a no brain'r for me.

I recall George Stewart, in the Hibs club, almost in tears a year or so ago promoting HSL, asking fans then to get behind them.

That's 3 former captains of our club behind HSL. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be part of this growing collective.

I signed up at the very beginning and have no regrets whatsoever.

Come on Hibbies, let's help our new manager get us back up. http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

If you sign up do they take the first payment or instantly? Just brassic lint til Friday when I get paid

HappyHibby93
18-06-2016, 04:30 PM
If you sign up do they take the first payment or instantly? Just brassic lint til Friday when I get paid

Go-Cardless will tell you when it comes off. They send an email telling you the due date. There was a few threads on this very subject a while back.

You can also email HSL, after your first payment it taken if you're not happy with the date that it taken out your account. They will change it to suit what's best for you.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Go-Cardless will tell you when it comes off. They send an email telling you the due date. There was a few threads on this very subject a while back.

You can also email HSL, after your first payment it taken if you're not happy with the date that it taken out your account. They will change it to suit what's best for you.

Much obliged, thanks for your advice👍

franks
18-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Bought shares last year as I wanted to own part of my club. I now feel it's time to sign up to HSL onward and upwards. GGTTH>

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 10:47 PM
HSL is the only way for me sadly. Looked at buying shares direct but to much for a ghetto kid like me I'm afraid

Ozyhibby
19-06-2016, 02:12 AM
HSL is the only way for me sadly. Looked at buying shares direct but to much for a ghetto kid like me I'm afraid

HSL is a great way of owning a part of your club and is every bit as important as having a shareholding. STF doesn't even have direct shares in the club and no one questions his ownership. Be proud of your HSL membership.

Finn2015
19-06-2016, 06:33 AM
HSL is a great way of owning a part of your club and is every bit as important as having a shareholding. STF doesn't even have direct shares in the club and no one questions his ownership. Be proud of your HSL membership.

Thanks mate and will be👍

Leithenhibby
19-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Bought shares last year as I wanted to own part of my club. I now feel it's time to sign up to HSL onward and upwards. GGTTH>

:agree: 100%

As HH93 said, "I can't understand why you wouldn't want to be part of this growing collective"....

Onward & Upwards indeed - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
19-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Did anyone get signed up today at the open day?
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Leithenhibby
19-06-2016, 11:24 PM

Nothing sad about being part of a collective that is currently handing over something in the region of 15/20K a month, not to mention that the club have recieved almost £320,000 to date. :cb HSL is growing and fans can now see where the money is going. A % of the cash raised has played a part in us putting 1902 to rest, for ever.

When you have former captains, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton & George Stewart, backing such an initiative we have to ask ourselves why wouldn't we want to be part of that. Not to mention the former players who attended the first AGM, back in march. Some of those player have signed up and support HSL.

So no need to be sad my friend, join in the fun and play your part in securing our clubs future.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2016, 01:05 AM

So no need to be sad my friend, join in the fun and play your part in securing our clubs future.

GGTTH

out of curiosity, who is the other players in that photo ?, i only get

from LtoR

1. Jackie Mac Snr
3. Tony Higgins
9. Sir Patrick of Stanton

:hmmm:

scoopyboy
20-06-2016, 06:03 AM

from LtoR

1. Jackie Mac Snr
3. Tony Higgins

Peter Cormack, Neil Martin, John Fraser and Alex Cropley are another four.

Hiber-nation
20-06-2016, 06:16 AM

from LtoR

1. Jackie Mac Snr
3. Tony Higgins

Is that Jim "Cilla" Black at the back to Alex Cropley's right maybe? Loooks like Alex Miller on right hand side, half hidden.

calamitus
20-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Just signed up for £10 a month.
It was really easy and took less than 5 mins.
Most of all, I don't want us to miss out on promotion this season. It's the first one when this scheme can really give us an edge over the other teams.

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Just signed up for £10 a month.
It was really easy and took less than 5 mins.
Most of all, I don't want us to miss out on promotion this season. It's the first one when this scheme can really give us an edge over the other teams.

Going to sign up later today. Did it give you advice as to when the first payment will be taken?

cabbageandribs1875
20-06-2016, 10:38 AM

i can make him out now with the dark suit on ta, i really can't remember what Neil Martin and John Fraser looked like when younger(me and them)

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Is that Jim "Cilla" Black at the back to Alex Cropley's right maybe? Loooks like Alex Miller on right hand side, half hidden.

It is big Jim Cilla Black, behind Crops. It's not Alex Miller though, that's John Fraser, and hidden behind him is my boyhood hero Eric Stevenson :not worth

If I'm being honest, this is the AGM you want to attend :wink:

GGTTH

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Just donated, head said £10 monthly but heart said £18.75. The heart won😀

Jonnyboy
20-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Just donated, head said £10 monthly but heart said £18.75. The heart won😀

Well done that man 👍

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Well done that man 👍

Thanks looking forward to hitting the 225 mark 😄

Ozyhibby
20-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Thanks looking forward to hitting the 225 mark 

Well done. :flag::flag::flag:

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Just donated, head said £10 monthly but heart said £18.75. The heart won

Fortune favours the brave! :wink:

Welcome on board. GGTTH

Finn2015
20-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Thanks all👍

Hiber-nation
20-06-2016, 05:23 PM
It is big Jim Cilla Black, behind Crops. It's not Alex Miller though, that's John Fraser, and hidden behind him is my boyhood hero Eric Stevenson :not worth

I see John Fraser but is it not Alex Miller behind the guy with the cardigan? Not sure who that is either!

WoreTheGreen
20-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Jackie Mac
?
Tony Higgins
Peter Cormack
Ally Mcleod
Neil Martin
Lovell
Sir Pat of Stanton
?
John Fraser
Cilla Black
Crops
Willie Murray?
Mike McDonald
Willie Hunter

HibbyAndy
20-06-2016, 05:54 PM
What one in that picture is Eric Stevenson ?

Hiber-nation
20-06-2016, 05:58 PM

Looks like he's hidden behind Alex Cropley.

HibbyAndy
20-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Looks like he's hidden behind Alex Cropley.

:aok:

Wish i could see his face, I worked in Booker cash & carry in Joppa in 1994 and became first name terms with him :cb:cb Love to see what he looks like now, Must be getting on a bit now as he was mid 50's 22 years ago !

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Jackie Mac
?
Tony Higgins
Peter Cormack
Ally Mcleod
Neil Martin
Lovell
Sir Pat of Stanton
?
John Fraser
Cilla Black
Crops
Willie Murray?
Mike McDonald
Willie Hunter

Your ? mark is, Kenny Davidson, but not Mike McDonald :wink:

Behind Pat Stanton, stands Jim Herriot, and Stuart Lovell....

All fantastic players that gave us fans such joy and entertainment for so many years. More importantly now, they are backing HSL :aok:

GGTTH

Hiber-nation
20-06-2016, 10:04 PM

Wish i could see his face, I worked in Booker cash & carry in Joppa in 1994 and became first name terms with him :cb:cb Love to see what he looks like now, Must be getting on a bit now as he was mid 50's 22 years ago !

This was Eric 4 years ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5cdlv8LUPs

Monts
20-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Nothing sad about being part of a collective that is currently handing over something in the region of 15/20K a month, not to mention that the club have recieved almost £320,000 to date. :cb HSL is growing and fans can now see where the money is going. A % of the cash raised has played a part in us putting 1902 to rest, for ever.

When you have former captains, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton & George Stewart, backing such an initiative we have to ask ourselves why wouldn't we want to be part of that. Not to mention the former players who attended the first AGM, back in march. Some of those player have signed up and support HSL.

GGTTH
Who is the one with the red checked shirt next to Pat Stanton?

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 10:28 PM

Eric, is standing behind Crops.

Who is the one with the red checked shirt next to Pat Stanton?

John Fraser.

This is a better picture to see Eric, and his big smile. GGTTH

calamitus
20-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Going to sign up later today. Did it give you advice as to when the first payment will be taken?

Sorry, don't remember. No confirmation email, though, which they could do with sorting out.

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 10:34 PM

Just for you Andy :wink:

GGTTH

HibbyAndy
20-06-2016, 10:45 PM
This was Eric 4 years ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e5cdlv8LUPs

That is brilliant thank you ! :aok:

Just like i remember him..Never knew back in the day how big a player and hero he was for hibs until recently, He must have had a kinda sweetie shop back in the 90's as he was in the cash & carry all the time , He even introduced me to his daughter who caught my eye :greengrin

HibbyAndy
20-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Just for you Andy :wink:

GGTTH

Amazing, Truly fantastic guy is Eric :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers mate :aok:

Leithenhibby
20-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Sorry, don't remember. No confirmation email, though, which they could do with sorting out.

Go-Cardless sends the confirmation email once you have signed up, they will also inform you when the first payment will be taken our of you account. Should you want to change the date of the DD then email HSL, after the first payment has been taken and they will change it to whatever date you wish.

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
21-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Amazing, Truly fantastic guy is Eric :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers mate :aok:

Not a problem whatsoever.

Eric, is an absolute gent, there's no many of us left :greengrin

Leithenhibby
22-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Thanks looking forward to hitting the 225 mark 

You do realise that once you reach the £225, you will be in very good company :wink:

GGTTH

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 06:45 AM
You do realise that once you reach the £225, you will be in very good company :wink:

GGTTH

I'll look forward to that, will take me 14 months to get there😀

OfficialHSL
22-06-2016, 08:21 AM
I'll look forward to that, will take me 14 months to get there
Finn
Thank you for joining.

Can we just say to you and every other Hibs Supporter that it really doesn't matter how long it takes you to become a full Member, the only important thing is that you are helping your Club as best as you can. The great thing is that as all of this money is additional funds that are not expected by the Club the Board can allocate it to the Football side of things.

Can we take this opportunity to thank everyone who has responded to our message and who have joined. Thank you to all those existing Members who have helped by encouraging others. As we said at the outset let's try and get right behind Neil. We can make a difference by helping to fund an extra couple of players who will help us to get up. There are thousands of Hibs fans who have not yet joined so if you can please bring it to their attention what a difference we can make. It doesn't have to be as much as £18.75. Just £10 per month can really make a difference to our Team.

Pat & Jackie

franks
22-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Took the plunge and joined up Monday £18.75 first payment 24th June.:flag:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Finn
Thank you for joining.

Can we just say to you and every other Hibs Supporter that it really doesn't matter how long it takes you to become a full Member, the only important thing is that you are helping your Club as best as you can. The great thing is that as all of this money is additional funds that are not expected by the Club the Board can allocate it to the Football side of things.

Can we take this opportunity to thank everyone who has responded to our message and who have joined. Thank you to all those existing Members who have helped by encouraging others. As we said at the outset let's try and get right behind Neil. We can make a difference by helping to fund an extra couple of players who will help us to get up. There are thousands of Hibs fans who have not yet joined so if you can please bring it to their attention what a difference we can make. It doesn't have to be as much as £18.75. Just £10 per month can really make a difference to our Team.

Pat & Jackie

I got past the membershio fee a while back but never did get sent a certificate - is there something else i need to do?

Finn2015
22-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Finn
Thank you for joining.

Pat & Jackie

Nice message, thanks and it is an honour to help and contribute

Leithenhibby
23-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Took the plunge and joined up Monday £18.75 first payment 24th June.:flag:

Welcome franks. :aok:

It's fantastic to see so many fans now realising that HSL, are making a difference while increasing their ownership of the club.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
23-06-2016, 09:37 AM
I got past the membershio fee a while back but never did get sent a certificate - is there something else i need to do?

You need to fill out an application form to get the certificate.

PM me your email address and I'll be happy to send over a PDF copy.

Leithenhibby
03-07-2016, 04:40 PM
That is brilliant thank you ! :aok:

Just like i remember him..Never knew back in the day how big a player and hero he was for hibs until recently, He must have had a kinda sweetie shop back in the 90's as he was in the cash & carry all the time , He even introduced me to his daughter who caught my eye :greengrin

I've been trying to upload this one of Eric, for a while, telling us some stories from his Hibs days. (HSL agm)

GGTTH