PDA

View Full Version : Cup winning shirts

tanfield
16-06-2016, 09:49 PM
As Hibs or Nike won't be producing replica cup final shirts I decided to get my own version done. Looks decent! :thumbsup:

Argylehibby
16-06-2016, 09:56 PM
As Hibs or Nike won't be producing replica cup final shirts I decided to get my own version done. Looks decent! :thumbsup:

:top marks looks excellent!

Ronniekirk
16-06-2016, 10:02 PM
:top marks looks excellent!

It does but it begs the question yet again about the lac of cup winning merchandise that would fly off the shelves if hibs had got their act together sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenArmyyy!
16-06-2016, 10:04 PM

Where did you get that done? Looks brilliant!

Argylehibby
16-06-2016, 10:12 PM
It does but it begs the question yet again about the lac of cup winning merchandise that would fly off the shelves if hibs had got their act together sooner

Not on the strips it doesn't. They can't make them themselves and if the supplier wont make them what are they meant to do? Do you honestly think that the club don't know that they would sell many hundreds of these but chose to do nothing about it?

As I have said before if the guys at the club were not spending as much time dealing with the aftermath of the pitch invasion more would have been in the shop by now.

Ronniekirk
16-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Not on the strips it doesn't. They can't make them themselves and if the supplier wont make them what are they meant to do? Do you honestly think that the club don't know that they would sell many hundreds of these but chose to do nothing about it?

As I have said before if the guys at the club were not spending as much time dealing with the aftermath of the pitch invasion more would have been in the shop by now.

I know you have said that before I guess i just think the after math of the pitch invasion has time to play out with the independent inquiry now set up
We know we ate going to get a fine and the more cup stuff we sell can off set that fine
Surely Rod knows the score and can get the S F A stuff sorted with layers help and leave others to make the club money

Galahibby
16-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Not on the strips it doesn't. They can't make them themselves and if the supplier wont make them what are they meant to do?

Maybe we should stick an order in to the guys who make them for Primani/Harools/Marcs and Spenger in Marmaris :wink:

Jay
16-06-2016, 10:25 PM

Surely because of the fact they are dealing with the aftermath of the cup,final they should be delegating the cup final merchandise, or some of it, to someone like the shop manager as a priority. A range of T shirts should have been in stock the following week. They are losing money on a daily basis because so many other t shirts have become available and people will go where the supplies are.

Saturday Boy
16-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Maybe we should stick an order in to the guys who make them for Primani/Harools/Marcs and Spenger in Marmaris :wink:

Reminds me of my travels round Mexico 20-odd years ago. Lots of 'To My His Finger' clothing :wink:

That and Betamax tapes.

Argylehibby
16-06-2016, 10:32 PM

LOL, I can see it now strip would be perfect except it would have Hibernians of Malta crest on it (or worse!).

Real Emerald
16-06-2016, 10:41 PM
I would have thought that designs of products would have been discussed prior to the final just in case. Once we won the cup the go ahead would have been given and the merchandise would roll in. Loads of folk going on holiday soon with virtually no cup winning t shirts, polo shirts or anything. In my opinion they have missed a goldmine opportunity here.

Argylehibby
16-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Surely because of the fact they are dealing with the aftermath of the cup,final they should be delegating the cup final merchandise, or some of it, to someone like the shop manager as a priority. A range of T shirts should have been in stock the following week. They are losing money on a daily basis because so many other t shirts have become available and people will go where the supplies are.

I don't disagree that tee shirts should have been ordered in quicker and there have been a number of designs put forward which I'd have thought would have been in by now. The green #persevered for example has arrived in store ahead of some of the other suggestions that were put in earlier.

I also think the club could / should announce what's on the way and perhaps put folk off buying from other suppliers. I know for example some folk have bought miniature versions of the cup from the same supplier that the club are getting them from. Only difference being the ones the club will supply once the order arrives will be the only ones you can get with the clubs crest on the plinth.

Argylehibby
16-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Reminds me of my travels round Mexico 20-odd years ago. Lots of 'To My His Finger' clothing :wink:

That and Betamax tapes.

Was in a shop in Bulgaria years ago and looking at Nike holdalls. I asked if they were genuine and was told yes, honest these are genuine Nike products. I didn't get much of a reply when I replied "so why does it have an Adidas zip on it then"?

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2016, 10:51 PM

Looks quality mate. Where did you get it done?

To add to the shop debate/criticism, I was in last week and it really was pretty poor. A few cup final scarves, very little else. Still attempting to sell the purple away top for £44.99. Who in their right mind is going to pay that now? The home one would still sell at full price after the cup win but not the purple one. Trying to sell Ross County final merchandise still.
Frustrating as the shop could be soooo much better!!

Saturday Boy
16-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Was in a shop in Bulgaria years ago and looking at Nike holdalls. I asked if they were genuine and was told yes, honest these are genuine Nike products. I didn't get much of a reply when I replied "so why does it have an Adidas zip on it then"?

Taking things way off topic, but, I remember trying to explain to a Bulgarian bar owner, that if he changed his "English" menu from "ribs with cabbages" to............. Well, I'm sure you've guessed it, but boy, lots of beer and some sort of brandy, and I don't think I convinced him.

monktonharp
16-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Looks quality mate. Where did you get it done?

To add to the shop debate/criticism, I was in last week and it really was pretty poor. A few cup final scarves, very little else. Still attempting to sell the purple away top for £44.99. Who in their right mind is going to pay that now? The home one would still sell at full price after the cup win but not the purple one. Trying to sell Ross County final merchandise still.
Frustrating as the shop could be soooo much better!!I have complained on here about the shop, for years mate and been shot down in flames. It is embarrassing, to say the least that they continually strive to annoy. !!!!!! where are the cup winners goods?

SteveHFC
16-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Where did you get that done? Looks brilliant!

Wondering the same bud.

tanfield
17-06-2016, 03:21 AM
Wondering the same bud.

Got it done by Lubi Lykan Couture & Embroidery, a wee place at Meadowbank. You can find her website and contact details at toragdesigns.co.uk

Time For Heroes
17-06-2016, 03:53 AM

looks class

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2016, 06:26 AM
How long would it take to order and have delivered round neck and polo shirts with the club badge and Scottish Cup Winners 2016 under it?

They will never go out of fashion unless of course we win it again quickly?

FFS the underworld girls and Sean of course are always skint, and looking for overtime all the bloody time. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
17-06-2016, 06:40 AM

My opinion is that the "aftermath" should've been dealt with by the club administrators and the shop manager should've been dealing with the ordering of stock.

I'm not really sure why shop staff would be looking at cctv and issuing banning orders and/or writing reports for the SFA at all tbh.

ronaldo7
17-06-2016, 07:26 AM

So we've employed a marketing manager, and deployed him to look after the pitch invasion, whilst losing thousands in shop sales.:rolleyes:

We're now nearly 1 month on from our Famous victory, and still nothing of substance in the shop to purchase. Clearly priorities need to be redefined.

I'm not having a go at you, as I know you work with the club on ideas for the shop, but we're like a snail out the traps on this one.

spike220
17-06-2016, 09:08 AM

Great idea!

erin go bragh
17-06-2016, 09:40 AM

Smart as Tanfield . I'm thinking about replacing the William Hill with winners or fitting winners in somehow )

My old man
17-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Looks great
only problem is that you can't buy a home strip for love nor money

pacoluna
17-06-2016, 02:39 PM
So we've employed a marketing manager, and deployed him to look after the pitch invasion, whilst losing thousands in shop sales.:rolleyes:

We're now nearly 1 month on from our Famous victory, and still nothing of substance in the shop to purchase. Clearly priorities need to be redefined.

I'm not having a go at you, as I know you work with the club on ideas for the shop, but we're like a snail out the traps on this one.

Was told that the batch of orders regarding clothing has to be approved by the SFA, however due to them focusing on dealing with the pitch invasion their approval was delayed! :confused: find this hard to believe.

Just Alf
17-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Was told that the batch of orders regarding clothing has to be approved by the SFA, however due to them focusing on dealing with the pitch invasion their approval was delayed! :confused: find this hard to believe.
Probably struggling to pin anything meaninful "penalty wise" on the club for our "rioting" so this is one small way they can get at us :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
17-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Is it not strange that we haven't announced next seasons strip by now? When do we normally announce it?

givescotlandfreedom
17-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Is it not strange that we haven't announced next seasons strip by now? When do we normally announce it?

Someone posted on another thread that we still haven't officially signed up with our sponsor so the strip is being held up as a result

madhibee_again
17-06-2016, 11:09 PM
How long would it take to order and have delivered round neck and polo shirts with the club badge and Scottish Cup Winners 2016 under it?

They will never go out of fashion unless of course we win it again quickly?

FFS the underworld girls and Sean of course are always skint, and looking for overtime all the bloody time. :rolleyes:

Seems there's now Polo's online (not quite plain) but they're hidden away in a different section - http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/hb-7961-winners-cup-final-polo

Was in the shop today and didn't seem them. Didn't see much to be honest. Looks like the scarves have sold out, wanted to get a Tshirt for my 2 year old but nothing in his size. Walked out empty handed...

EDIT: Meant to say looked like they have next seasons training tops in the shop. I hope they don't bear any resemblance to the new kit...

dp00
18-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Our club shop should be full top to bottom with cup winner merchandise along with the Scottish cup being in a nice we cabinet in the middle of the shop... Imagine the amount of people who would pop along for a wee nosy and then buy something ... We must be losing thousands

Another thing which is mental is you can't see the cup when you pay for a tour but it will be on show on Sunday at the free open day [emoji85]

fife hfc
18-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Hibs have been very poor regarding cup winning merchandise and I don't buy the pitch invasion causing a delay. We have missed a major money spinning opportunity and we will make nowhere near as much now.