PDA

View Full Version : Sevco website / statement

GreenCastle
15-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Did they ever post anything about banning fans after the cup final loss?

I know Hibs have released a few statements but just wondering if I missed anything official from them. I would imagine with several of thier fans arrested they would have given an update.

Also do we have any updates on the smoke bombs and sectarian singing from the final - both clearly seen and heard on the TV and at ground.

MrSmith
15-06-2016, 10:51 AM
The quiet period we are having is in hope we will all forget about the smoke bombs, sectarian singing, child abduction, rangers fans and blazers pitch violence ect. So the rangers authorities can get on with punishing Hibs!

We need to ensure none of this is forgotten and challenge everything thrown at us! Lay down to this and they'll have us!!!!

Hibrandenburg
15-06-2016, 10:54 AM

I know Hibs have released a few statements but just wondering if I missed anything official from them. I would imagine with several of thier fans arrested they would have given an update.

Also do we have any updates on the smoke bombs and sectarian singing from the final - both clearly seen and heard on the TV and at ground.

It's hard to see them making any concessions, especially after these pics in the Daily Record showing damage to the playing field after the invasion.

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 10:56 AM
The quiet period we are having is in hope we will all forget about the smoke bombs, sectarian singing, child abduction, rangers fans and blazers pitch violence ect. So the rangers authorities can get on with punishing Hibs!

We need to ensure none of this is forgotten and challenge everything thrown at us! Lay down to this and they'll have us!!!!

This. Hibernian have been proactive in banning our supporters identified during these incidents but they also have to make sure that sevco and any media outlets don't get away with demonising us and not addressing the behaviour of their fans.

greenginger
15-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Their claim that it was Hibs supporters fault because they goaded Rangers supporters into coming on to the pitch for a fight is groundless.

Hibs supporters could equally claim claim they were goaded into celebrating in front of the Rangers fans after listening to 90 minutes of sectarian singing and witnessing numerous flares and smokebombs but that would not count as an excuse either.

Kato
15-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Their claim that it was Hibs supporters fault because they goaded Rangers supporters into coming on to the pitch for a fight is groundless.

Hibs supporters could equally claim claim they were goaded into celebrating in front of the Rangers fans after listening to 90 years of sectarian singing and witnessing numerous flares and smokebombs but that would not count as an excuse either.

Fixed that.

Cabbage East
15-06-2016, 12:14 PM
I posted this on another thread but there is someone on Twitter suggesting the hun in the suit kicking out at the Hibs fan is Warburton

RoYO!
15-06-2016, 12:17 PM
I posted this on another thread but there is someone on Twitter suggesting the hun in the suit kicking out at the Hibs fan is Warburton

If that's the one I'm thinking of its not a hibs fan its Liam Henderson!

Bostonhibby
15-06-2016, 12:19 PM
If it was him, maybe he was just another one of those heroes saving his players from a savage beating?

Couldn't do it over 93 minutes of football.

livi hibs 1875
15-06-2016, 12:19 PM

I'd love this to be true and would love to hear the excuses from trainer and chick Dung . I don't think it is though but no matter what that person needs to be made accountable.

Since90+2
15-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Perhaps it could explain how Warburton seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

When you look at the video it actually looks like it could be him but surely he cant be that daft?

livi hibs 1875
15-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Perhaps it could explain how Warburton seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

When you look at the video it actually looks like it could be him but surely he cant be that daft?

can you post the link to have another look

MrSmith
15-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Would be worth asking the twitter journos such as James Doleman, Phil and the clumpany if they can substantiate that claim in any way? They are the ones making fun of the magic hats disappearance!?

Ilovehibs
15-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Please let this be true!

JimBHibees
15-06-2016, 12:49 PM

That cant possibly be true even given the Pravda like media in this country.

macd123
15-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Please let this be true!

Warburton is toast

sleeping giant
15-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Anyone got a link to the kicking incident?

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2016, 12:51 PM
There's clear TV footage of Warburton going down the tunnel, and ushering Weir with him.

Unless he came back out again (and why would he?), I can't see that it's him. Someone would have spotted it already.

Haymaker
15-06-2016, 12:57 PM
The Bread man has disappeared because he knows that The Rangers cant finance the team he wants and it wont be so easy next season. He is trying to get a new club and doing so out of The Rangers fans glare because they would turn on him immediately.

Problem is, a lot of clubs down here have seen that he is a one trick pony.

JeMeSouviens
15-06-2016, 01:02 PM

Don't think so and it's definitely not Liam Henderson who has already left the pitch and gone up the tunnel!

Watch it here - Hun is in marked technical area arguing with steward, Hibs fan in kit (but with no number hence not a player) runs past and Hun takes a fly kick and is then walking towards Hun support as camera cuts away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oMaOM6pGs&feature=youtu.be&t=3h55m28s

Pretty sure it's not Warburton as they seem to have hair. Difficult to tell if they're in a suit or not? I think it's probably just a random Hun rather than a club official.

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 01:21 PM
The Bread man has disappeared because he knows that The Rangers cant finance the team he wants and it wont be so easy next season. He is trying to get a new club and doing so out of The Rangers fans glare because they would turn on him immediately.

I speak regularly with 1 very level headed rangers fan (totally embarrassed by the European kit & open top bus at Hampden, prefers to let the talking be done on the pitch rather than all the bravado) and he thinks the Bread man is going to get found out big time as he only has a Plan A either before a game or during a match, seems determined to keep a fairly small squad, and doesnt seem to be able to organise a defence. He is embarrassed that a guy that bleats so much about respect has not been seen since 4.50 on 21/05 and should have congratulated hibs.

Kato
15-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I speak regularly with 1 very level headed rangers fan (totally embarrassed by the European kit & open top bus at Hampden, prefers to let the talking be done on the pitch rather than all the bravado) and he thinks the Bread man is going to get found out big time as he only has a Plan A either before a game or during a match, seems determined to keep a fairly small squad, and doesnt seem to be able to organise a defence. He is embarrassed that a guy that bleats so much about respect has not been seen since 4.50 on 21/05 and should have congratulated hibs.

Rangers are Rubbish.

Haymaker
15-06-2016, 01:56 PM

:agree:

It was obvious what our game plan was in the first 10 minutes in the final and he didn't change it at all. Did they have most of the ball? I think they did. Did we have the most chances? I am pretty sure Stokes had more on target than the whole The Rangers team had on goal?

And Warburton couldn't/wouldn't change it. He was/has been found out and he wont get a big club like he clearly hopes he will.

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 02:03 PM
:agree:

It was obvious what our game plan was in the first 10 minutes in the final and he didn't change it at all. Did they have most of the ball? I think they did. Did we have the most chances? I am pretty sure Stokes had more on target than the whole The Rangers team had on goal?

And Warburton couldn't/wouldn't change it. He was/has been found out and he wont get a big club like he clearly hopes he will.

He said in the cup final matchday programme apparently that if Plan A doesnt work, keep trying plan A! :confused:

Yeah he goes on about possession, which is fine when you can back it up with your team having more attacking threat but just losing cos of a lucky goal, but we were clearly the better team on 21/05, and we targetted the right back position in particular, and "Warbs" done nothing to protect Tavernier.

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 02:09 PM
As usual anyone connected to sevco whether they be player, coaching staff, manager or director has there abilities overhyped to the nth degree by the media

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 02:10 PM
As usual anyone connected to sevco whether they be player, coaching staff, manager or director has there abilities overhyped to the nth degree by the media

As soon as I read your post, my first thought was "John Fleck".

Geo_1875
15-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Or Alan Hutton

Mr White
15-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Greg Wylde and lewis mcleod.

Haymaker
15-06-2016, 02:20 PM
He said in the cup final matchday programme apparently that if Plan A doesnt work, keep trying plan A! :confused:

Yeah he goes on about possession, which is fine when you can back it up with your team having more attacking threat but just losing cos of a lucky goal, but we were clearly the better team on 21/05, and we targetted the right back position in particular, and "Warbs" done nothing to protect Tavernier.

Did he? Funnily enough I haven't read those page's! :greengrin

To me, as I didn't see much of them this season, he kept Waghorn and Mackay hugging the touch line to stretch the defence. We countered with a back 5 when out of possession. They couldn't over load the full backs and their backs couldn't get forward as Stokes and Cummings were split and the back line did not want to be caught 1v1 with stokes.

This was obvious, he failed to change to shackle stokes and failed to change his attack.

And as for setting up for corners... :greengrin

Craig_HFC
15-06-2016, 02:33 PM

Or Alan Hutton

Greg Wylde and lewis mcleod.

Wes Foderingham

Martyn Waghorn

Andy Halliday

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Wes Foderingham

Martyn Waghorn

Andy Halliday

WHAT??? Future england goalie, the striker better than Sparky, and a future Rangers legend? behave!! :na na:

The Halliday thing is hilarious. He is an average average player who will be nowhere near the rangers team if they are to challenge Celtic for the league. They only worship him because he's a dyed in the wool bluenose, and jumped into the fans with a megaphone!

Haymaker
15-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Andy halliday, coulda won the cup...

JeMeSouviens
15-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Watching the final back, we should really have been out of sight! Apart from their goals and Miller's header that hit the bar they had absolutely nothing. Their "stars": Waghorn, Tavernier, Wallace all had shockers. Only Miller and the keeper really had decent games.

Stats:

Possession - Us 40 Huns 60
Shots - Us 21 Huns 7
On target - Us 8 Huns 2
Corners - Us 5 Huns 3

Smartie
15-06-2016, 02:53 PM
I think Warburton's done well, he had a good season and is a good manager.

He understood the remit - get them up first and foremost and he did it without fuss. He put together an attacking team that blew wee teams away and succeeded in his most important task - getting promotion. I think it is a bit poor that people don't recognise that. And from that point of view I think his plan A and plan A point of view is acceptable - I personally think plan B is over-rated. Should the 70s Brazil side have started lumping long balls at a Mark Yardley figure if their passing didn't work straight away? Should the Dutch abandon total football in favour of hoofball if someone overcomes it once or twice?

I'd be perfectly happy for Hibs to only have plan A next season, as long as plan A is good enough. We bemoaned the lack of plan B last season - our biggest problem was that plan A had failed too often and it looked like we needed to try something else. We didn't, had we taken our chances earlier in games, or attacked with greater pace and intensity or learned to close games out defensively we wouldn't have been bemoaning any lack of plan B.

The cup final was a step too far for the Rangers side. I didn't envy them their 3 week break (and poor finish to the league season) and I thought we had the better preparation for the cup final (why did they not play more friendlies though?) We had proven with our results against Premier League sides AND against Rangers earlier in the season that we could play well in games like this. It was tougher for them to raise their game - in many ways the Celtic game had been their cup final and we looked at times like we wanted it more.

The Scottish Cup and Europe would have been the icing on the cake for Rangers but over the season they did what they needed to do with their small squad (I also thought their injuries and suspensions cost them heavily in the cup final and they didn't have cover).

Warburton's ability as a manager is the least of their problems next season. If he's still there, he'll adapt and make the most of what he's given and do his best. Their biggest problem is Celtic spending big to stay ahead, closely followed by their own ability (inability) to keep the heid if things don't look like they're going to go their way. I wouldn't bet against a Sevco implosion sometime around November.

They seriously need to improve their squad though, especially their defence if they're going to get anywhere near Celtic over the course of a season.

EskbankHibby
15-06-2016, 03:28 PM

Hibs supporters could equally claim claim they were goaded into celebrating in front of the Rangers fans after listening to 90 minutes of sectarian singing and witnessing numerous flares and smokebombs but that would not count as an excuse either.

Agreed, we could also claim that we were 'provoked' by a 92nd minute winner to win a trophy that we had not won for 114 years. Sevco have handled and are handling this unbelievably badly.

The point that Sevco/Traynor missed spectacularly in their knee-jerk statements is that, as adults, we are all accountable for our actions despite any provocation. So Hibs fans rushing onto the pitch puts us at odds with the football authorities and the club will be penalised for that, any criminality by Hibs fans in attacking players will and should be dealt with by the police.

I'm still waiting for all the footage of the players being assaulted by the way, with loads of cameras covering the game and most people having a smartphone i'm sure there will be loads. Aye right.

When Hibs fans run onto the pitch and shout and scream or even throw in the occasional rude gesture that does not allow Sevco fans to smash us with a corner flag or stamp on our heads when we are lying on the ground or indeed abduct any of our children (stuff that their IS actual footage of). This is criminality and they are accountable for their actions and they should be punished.

Positioning themselves solely as victims is absurd, their club is an embarrassment and as for Magic Hat Man i'm genuinely starting to get concerned for his welfare as i'm sure such a fair and 'respectful' individual would have congratulated us as a club by now if he was able to.

#prayforthehat

dchibs
15-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Agreed, we could also claim that we were 'provoked' by a 92nd minute winner to win a trophy that we had not won for 114 years. Sevco have handled and are handling this unbelievably badly.

The point that Sevco/Traynor missed spectacularly in their knee-jerk statements is that, as adults, we are all accountable for our actions despite any provocation. So Hibs fans rushing onto the pitch puts us at odds with the football authorities and the club will be penalised for that, any criminality by Hibs fans in attacking players will and should be dealt with by the police.

I'm still waiting for all the footage of the players being assaulted by the way, with loads of cameras covering the game and most people having a smartphone i'm sure there will be loads. Aye right.

When Hibs fans run onto the pitch and shout and scream or even throw in the occasional rude gesture that does not allow Sevco fans to smash us with a corner flag or stamp on our heads when we are lying on the ground or indeed abduct any of our children (stuff that their IS actual footage of). This is criminality and they are accountable for their actions and they should be punished.

Positioning themselves solely as victims is absurd, their club is an embarrassment and as for Magic Hat Man i'm genuinely starting to get concerned for his welfare as i'm sure such a fair and 'respectful' individual would have congratulated us as a club by now if he was able to.

#prayforthehat
im sure i heard he was in Fiorida as he was seen in Harry Potters seeking a magic wand after his magic hat didnt work in the cup final.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2016, 04:16 PM

Think you could be right.

Trying to sign Niko Krancjar (who I assumed retired years ago) and a 37 year old QPR reject whilst paying Joey Barton a fortune doesn't bode well for them.

Ray_
15-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Rangers are Rubbish.

Yip, Dave Ewing made front page news stating as much after the drawn 1971 Scottish Cup Semi between them and us in April that year.

Haymaker
15-06-2016, 04:27 PM

Trying to sign Niko Krancjar (who I assumed retired years ago) and a 37 year old QPR reject whilst paying Joey Barton a fortune doesn't bode well for them.

Barton is their response to Rodgers. However if/when Rodgers brings in some biggish names I doubt they can match them.

Old boys and a few cheap lads from league 1 will be all. Maybe some promising young lads on loan.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2016, 09:46 PM

:faf: There's more chance of me having a threesome tonight with Selena Gomez and Beyonce Knowles than there is of Sevco banning any of their supporters, let alone announcing anything.

Slim Shady
15-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Don't think so and it's definitely not Liam Henderson who has already left the pitch and gone up the tunnel!

Watch it here - Hun is in marked technical area arguing with steward, Hibs fan in kit (but with no number hence not a player) runs past and Hun takes a fly kick and is then walking towards Hun support as camera cuts away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=C2oMaOM6pGs&feature=youtu.be&t=3h55m28s

Pretty sure it's not Warburton as they seem to have hair. Difficult to tell if they're in a suit or not? I think it's probably just a random Hun rather than a club official.

David Weir is the club official that hit the Hibs fan. Hopefully come out as part of the investigation. Surely the SFA wouldn't sweep it under the carpet....... Would they?!?

Callum_62
15-06-2016, 09:56 PM
David Weir is the club official that hit the Hibs fan. Hopefully come out as part of the investigation. Surely the SFA wouldn't sweep it under the carpet....... Would they?!?

really?

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2016, 10:00 PM
As I mentioned earlier, DW went down the tunnel with MW. Did he come back out again?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Slim Shady
15-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Struck one of the first blows. Was then ushered down the tunnel.

Strange that there is a video camera on the half way line / technical areas that has yet to be shown as soon as whistle goes. This camera would show 'The Ranger Football Club Ltd' players being 'assaulted'

There is footage though of an angry Mr Weir shortly after the incident being moved away by a man wearing a deflated hat.

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Strange that there is a video camera on the half way line / technical areas that has yet to be shown as soon as whistle goes. This camera would show 'The Ranger Football Club Ltd' players being 'assaulted'

There is footage though of an angry Mr Weir shortly after the incident being moved away by a man wearing a deflated hat.

Says it all mate. I'm still convinced sevco statements following the final and the pitch invasions were born out of petulance and sour grapes.

Eyrie
15-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Says it all mate. I'm still convinced sevco statements following the final and the pitch invasions were born out of petulance and sour grapes.

Both statements were also intended to distract their own fans from the fact that they lost a game they had assumed they would win easily.

:lolrangers:

jacomo
16-06-2016, 07:28 AM

Just wait til Dave King's over investment kicks in. No doubt he's drawing up a short list right now, based on break out stars at the Euros.

He wouldn't have lied about this, would he?

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2016, 07:53 AM
I think Warburton's done well, he had a good season and is a good manager.

He understood the remit - get them up first and foremost and he did it without fuss. He put together an attacking team that blew wee teams away and succeeded in his most important task - getting promotion. I think it is a bit poor that people don't recognise that. And from that point of view I think his plan A and plan A point of view is acceptable - I personally think plan B is over-rated. Should the 70s Brazil side have started lumping long balls at a Mark Yardley figure if their passing didn't work straight away? Should the Dutch abandon total football in favour of hoofball if someone overcomes it once or twice?

I'd be perfectly happy for Hibs to only have plan A next season, as long as plan A is good enough. We bemoaned the lack of plan B last season - our biggest problem was that plan A had failed too often and it looked like we needed to try something else. We didn't, had we taken our chances earlier in games, or attacked with greater pace and intensity or learned to close games out defensively we wouldn't have been bemoaning any lack of plan B.

The cup final was a step too far for the Rangers side. I didn't envy them their 3 week break (and poor finish to the league season) and I thought we had the better preparation for the cup final (why did they not play more friendlies though?) We had proven with our results against Premier League sides AND against Rangers earlier in the season that we could play well in games like this. It was tougher for them to raise their game - in many ways the Celtic game had been their cup final and we looked at times like we wanted it more.

The Scottish Cup and Europe would have been the icing on the cake for Rangers but over the season they did what they needed to do with their small squad (I also thought their injuries and suspensions cost them heavily in the cup final and they didn't have cover).

Warburton's ability as a manager is the least of their problems next season. If he's still there, he'll adapt and make the most of what he's given and do his best. Their biggest problem is Celtic spending big to stay ahead, closely followed by their own ability (inability) to keep the heid if things don't look like they're going to go their way. I wouldn't bet against a Sevco implosion sometime around November.

They seriously need to improve their squad though, especially their defence if they're going to get anywhere near Celtic over the course of a season.

Very fair and generous assessment. I like Warburton as a manager. His ungracious long sulk at our cup final win does him little credit though.

QMU-1875
16-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Heard that Davie Weir hit a fan before, not the incident in the video as Weir wasnt wearing a suit but he did apparently hit a fan.

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2016, 08:12 AM

What's your source for this?

snooky
16-06-2016, 08:41 AM

The link doesn't seem to work. Has it been pulled as I can't find the kick incident anywhere on YouTube now.
I trust the peelers will have a copy for their investigations.

BigKev
16-06-2016, 08:45 AM
What's your source for this?

On the Sky Sports commentary Andy Walker states "David Weir getting involved now." So he's done something but unclear if he was the aggressor.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2016, 08:48 AM
On the Sky Sports commentary Andy Walker states "David Weir getting involved now." So he's done something but unclear if he was the aggressor.
Police Glasgow need to get a statement from walker. No doubt he will be as forthright as ever.

The Green Goblin
16-06-2016, 09:11 AM
The fact that they had an open top bus all ready at Hampden absolutely beggars belief. Was that ever mentioned on Sportsound? I think I know the answer...

andrew70
16-06-2016, 09:18 AM
The fact that they had an open top bus all ready at Hampden absolutely beggars belief. Was that ever mentioned on Sportsound? I think I know the answer...

I may be late to this part of the story but really? I've never known Rangers or celtic for that matter use an open topped bus after a cup win. I always assumed the police put a stop to that kind of celebration.

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Don't you mean Ibrox?

greenginger
16-06-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm sure I saw a picture of an open topped bus done up in Rangers colours and cup winners buntings a few days after the final.

they would want to have their parade as early as possible to allow the Lying King to get back to South Africa a.s.a.p.

Kato
16-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Don't you mean Ibrox?

They had a bus "ready" at Hampden which was to drive down Ibrox after their glorious victory, which didn't happen.

hibs0666
16-06-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm sure I saw a picture of an open topped bus done up in Rangers colours and cup winners buntings a few days after the final.

they would want to have their parade as early as possible to allow the Lying King to get back to South Africa a.s.a.p.

Does someone have a picture? I've got the feeling that this is a bit of an urban myth.

The Green Goblin
16-06-2016, 09:58 AM

I may be late to this part of the story but really? I've never known Rangers or celtic for that matter use an open topped bus after a cup win. I always assumed the police put a stop to that kind of celebration.

Don't you mean Ibrox?

They had a bus "ready" at Hampden which was to drive down Ibrox after their glorious victory, which didn't happen.

:agree: One of the Hibs employees tweeted it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but they said it was visible when the Hibs team arrived.

BigKev
16-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Statement from Club 1872 regarding the Daily Record. Hibs should have produced something similar regarding their "Every Hun was attacked claims."

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-daily-record/

JeMeSouviens
16-06-2016, 10:07 AM
The link doesn't seem to work. Has it been pulled as I can't find the kick incident anywhere on YouTube now.
I trust the peelers will have a copy for their investigations.

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oMaOM6pGs

It's the full cup final programme, you need to go to 3 hrs 55 mins 28 seconds.

Mr White
16-06-2016, 10:09 AM

They really don't do irony do they :faf:

JeMeSouviens
16-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Statement from Club 1872 regarding the Daily Record. Hibs should have produced something similar regarding their "Every Hun was attacked claims."

Why have they made a video of a couple of police vans and the crowd leaving a game they lost? Weirdos.

JeMeSouviens
16-06-2016, 10:14 AM

"Youse are dehumanising us, ya fenian *******s!" :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
16-06-2016, 10:18 AM

The only thing obvious in that video is a group of 'The' supporters under the tree all looking in the same direction, watching something. What it is, is not clear from the video but it suggests to me something is happening

Treadstone
16-06-2016, 10:21 AM

"As a result of this we met with the Editor of the Daily Record..."

We both attend the same lodge.

ballengeich
16-06-2016, 10:23 AM
I hope that Hibs are taking action within the SFA to ensure that The Rangers face a charge for their statement on their website after the game. The suggestion that their fans only went on to the pitch to protect players was a lie and the suggestion that they were justified in their actions should lead to a bringing the game into disrepute charge.

Mr White
16-06-2016, 10:24 AM
It must be a sad day for the Sevconians to realise that the kafflick conspiracy that they've bravely exposed in this country extends as far as the daily record.

:hilarious

Vini1875
16-06-2016, 10:30 AM
The problem with this stuff is that they are continuing with their victim narrative and repeating it so often that it becomes the only narrative to events at Hampden. If the media continue to get behind them, then that can only result in problems for our club. We should be putting something forward to add balance to narrative of events.

The other thing I was wondering was why anyone would be recording a couple of police vans and a bunch of losers as they trooped away back under their rocks.

Spike Mandela
16-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Statements galore but still no banning orders for their hooligan fans, no criticism of their fans entering the field of play, no condemnation of the release of smoke bombs during the game and as per usual silence on the singing of sectarian songs( except to say it's better than violence).

This is a clear attempt to influence 'independent' inquiry and deflect blame or responsibility from Rangers and their fans. I have no faith whatsoever that the authorities in this country to reach a fair decision on this matter and would not be surprised if the SFA are advising Rangers on all utterances.

Petrie better have as much influence as we hope because I fear the SFA conclusion might as well come out as an Ibrox press release with every word proof read by Traynor and King.

Finn2015
16-06-2016, 10:36 AM
It must be a sad day for the Sevconians to realise that the kafflick conspiracy that they've bravely exposed in this country extends as far as the daily record.

:hilarious

Beats me as to how they think there is a catholic conspiracy in Scotland which has a long tradition over having Rangers as the established club and bending over backwards for them

Hibrandenburg
16-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Here's a statement for them:

as I was walking past Hampden Park
I met a total stranger
Said he to me will you come along
And see the Glasgow Rangers

So I went along on that Saturday
To see the famous Glasgow Rangers
But like they do, they got ****ed 3-2
By the famous Edinburgh Hibees

Mr White
16-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Beats me as to how they think there is a catholic conspiracy in Scotland which has a long tradition over having Rangers as the established club and bending over backwards for them

I say it's a combination of low intelligence, over developed sense of entitlement and high alcohol consumption that leads to their paranoid ramblings.

Finn2015
16-06-2016, 10:55 AM
I say it's a combination of low intelligence, over developed sense of entitlement and high alcohol consumption that leads to their paranoid ramblings.

And entitlement is exactly right and when anything goes against them they simply can't handle it

al1875
16-06-2016, 11:09 AM

No audio? 😉

Deansy
16-06-2016, 11:14 AM

SHOCK/HORROR - Video 'is not available' !!!

EskbankHibby
16-06-2016, 11:51 AM
The problem with this stuff is that they are continuing with their victim narrative and repeating it so often that it becomes the only narrative to events at Hampden. If the media continue to get behind them, then that can only result in problems for our club. We should be putting something forward to add balance to narrative of events.

The other thing I was wondering was why anyone would be recording a couple of police vans and a bunch of losers as they trooped away back under their rocks.

I get what you are saying but we should just leave them to their ramblings. The only people who take any notice are the dafties in their support, everyone else within football thinks they are a complete joke.

i think the club are handling this correctly, banning orders etc. We will take our medicine from the football authorities and it will be done with.

Pretty sure this was the sort of tripe the club were alluding to with the old "Speak when there is something meaningful to say" statement following Stubbs departure.

Contrast that with this garbage and i'm comfortable we are communicating things correctly.

MrSmith
16-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Loved the complaints to IPSO!

Fantastic! @twitchysphincters

I guess these so-called journos are realising that attempting to pervert the course of justice is futile and could result in a custodial sentence! All because fat Jabba said so!

Bostonhibby
16-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Here's a statement for them:

as I was walking past Hampden Park
I met a total stranger
Said he to me will you come along
And see the Glasgow Rangers

So I went along on that Saturday
To see the famous Glasgow Rangers
But like they do, they got ****ed 3-2
By the famous Edinburgh Hibees
Excellent. But isn't it" to see the reincarnation of the now defunct Glasgow rangers"?

Think it still works okay😉

Smartie
16-06-2016, 12:23 PM
I was speaking to a Rangers-supporting mate on Friday (he wasn't anything like as bad about the whole affair as I expected him to be).

I'm not sure exactly what line of work he's in but it involves CCTV and the like. Basically he said that his work deals with Hampden, and it is one of the only places that is wired up and live with the most elaborate and accurate CCTV and facial recognition systems in the country. He was saying that anyone who did anything out of line will surely find themselves in bother for it. He was fairly reasonable and noncommittal as regards what he thought would and should happen.

I think that post-Hillsborough it will be very difficult for the SPFL/ the police/ any football club to whitewash or manipulate an outcome. I know what The Rangers will want the outcome to be, I know what I/ we will want the outcome to be but I honestly believe that at the end of the day we'll get a fair outcome i.e. aggressors and boxers from both sides will be punished, folk celebrating or milling around will get away with it and a reasonable decision will be made re vandalism/ accidental damage. I still don't have a clue what went on but I'm sure those who are poring through the footage will be starting to get a fair idea.

Put it this way - if I was a Rangers employee who had taken a swipe at anyone, given how hard they have pushed for aggression to be punished, I would be very afraid indeed right now.

LustForLeith
16-06-2016, 05:10 PM
At the end of the day I think this is all down to the fact we won the cup and they didn't. Rangers, Chick Young, Mark Warburton, Jim Traynor and everybody else connected with the club can't handle that fact. Fact.

Finn2015
16-06-2016, 05:15 PM
At the end of the day I think this is all down to the fact we won the cup and they didn't. Rangers, Chick Young, Mark Warburton, Jim Traynor and everybody else connected with the club can't handle that fact. Fact.

True I've gone about it like a broken record but I'm absolutely convinced of it. They thought it was in the bag, particularly when Halliday put them ahead and they have handled it with their usual 'unsurpassed dignity'

LustForLeith
16-06-2016, 05:18 PM
True I've gone about it like a broken record but I'm absolutely convinced of it. They thought it was in the bag, particularly when Halliday put them ahead and they have handled it with their usual 'unsurpassed dignity'

If there hadn't been a pitch invasion I wonder what the excuse would have been for having us kicked out of Europe/having the cup taken off us would have been?

OsloHibs
16-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Was it really liam henderson? I just thought it was a fan!!! I'm away to watch it again...

O'Rourke3
16-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Was it really liam henderson? I just thought it was a fan!!! I'm away to watch it again...

It is a fan who is actually wearing a morphsuit who happens to look like Hendo.

GreenLake
16-06-2016, 10:41 PM
I bet there are thousands of bottles of Asti Spumante still chilled in their noisy little fridges.

kaimendhibs
16-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Defo liam imo

kaimendhibs
16-06-2016, 10:43 PM
I bet there are thousands of bottles of Asti Spumante still chilled in their noisy little fridges.

You mean lambrini?

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Defo liam imo

It's a skinny Hibs fan in a bright green morph suit under his full kit, with no name or number on his strip. I've watched it so many times it's ridiculous [emoji4]

Saturday Boy
16-06-2016, 11:00 PM
It's a skinny Hibs fan in a bright green morph suit under his full kit, with no name or number on his strip. I've watched it so many times it's ridiculous [emoji4]

I hope it's been in an "X-Files" way :wink: and nothing more, ehm, unconventional :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2016, 11:08 PM
I hope it's been in an "X-Files" way :wink: and nothing more, ehm, unconventional :wink:

Haha I've watched the game back a dozen times, not just a guy in a morph suit getting kicked

Ozyhibby
16-06-2016, 11:12 PM

Somebody must know if their mate went to the game dressed like that, maybe he could clarify who had a boot at him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2016, 11:13 PM
As for their latest ramblings and 'video evidence'. Nobody just films a bunch of cup final losers leaving a stadium for no apparent reason. As someone else has said, the folk under the tree are clearly watching something.
In the last part of the video, they seem angry with a number of them pointing to their watches. That was mentioned in the DR article.
A 10 second video proves literally nothing. Unless they filmed the first fan to the last fan leaving, from all angles then it's completely worthless. For all we know, fans could have kicked off 10 seconds later-that's hardly going to make their cut. Again, no acknowledgment at all that a single one of their fans did anything wrong at all [emoji849]

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Somebody must know if their mate went to the game dressed like that, maybe he could clarify who had a boot at him?

You would think so. Although he doesn't seem bothered by it at all, barely changes stride and just runs on, totally delirious. Mike Tyson could have punched me square in the chops straight after the game and I prob wouldn't have even noticed. If I did, I'd probably just have offered him an ice pack for his hand.

Saturday Boy
16-06-2016, 11:19 PM

Maybe he was the guy who killed the cheerleader. :confused:

Apologies to the youngster, I'm from the generation who thinks a box set is a set of matching boxes. Useful for keeping things in. :wink:

I do remember Morph though. I still think it was discrimination that he never got a speaking part.

oldbutdim
16-06-2016, 11:34 PM
A pal of mine is friends with his dad.

It's not Liam and I don't think he knows who took a kick at him.

1875godsgift
16-06-2016, 11:48 PM
A pal of mine is friends with his dad.

It's not Liam and I don't think he knows who took a kick at him.

In true Sevco fashion he did it from behind the boy.

greenlex
17-06-2016, 02:33 AM
It is definitely not Liam. The players are well away down the tunnel(maybe Cummings the exception). The police horses have made an appearance as it happens.

bigwheel
17-06-2016, 05:31 AM

100% this...In fact I actually watched it happen at the time...the guy had been running around the park celebrating...I also saw him outside the ground after leaving....can't believe this Liam Henderson thing is still being raised. As this as clarified soon after the final.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CyberSauzee
17-06-2016, 07:34 AM

Aka the Buckfast Syndrome