PDA

View Full Version : Who celebrated their birthday on cup final day then?

hibs0666
14-06-2016, 09:53 PM
By my reckoning there will have been around 60 good guys in green at the final who were celebrating their birthday.

Fess up then chaps if you are one of those lucky lucky barstewards. :thumbsup:

007 Mickey Weir
14-06-2016, 09:54 PM
It was my 40th on 21st May. Best present EVER!!!!!!🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🏆

hibs0666
14-06-2016, 09:56 PM
It was my 40th on 21st May. Best present EVER!!!!!!

Congratulations pal! :flag:

FranckSuzy
14-06-2016, 09:59 PM
El Presidente from the Four In Hand branch celebrated his birthday on that momentus day :thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
14-06-2016, 10:03 PM
It was my 20th birthday on 18th March 2007 when we won the CIS Cup. Didn't think anything would top that day - birthday and a cup win. 21st May 2016 topped it (and some!).

hibby6270
14-06-2016, 10:15 PM
The guy sitting opposite us on the train coming back from Glasgow was 50 that day. He was suited and booted. A day in hospitality watching Hibs win the cup. Said he couldn't have had a happier birthday. Still never asked his name. Too much singing and celebrating going on for trivial matters like that.

Danderhall Hibs
14-06-2016, 10:20 PM
El Presidente from the Four In Hand branch celebrated his birthday on that momentus day :thumbsup:

:agree: I was sitting beside him at the final.

scuttle
14-06-2016, 10:31 PM
It was my granddaughters second birthday, seen her before going to the game and after it. Was an emotional wreck after the match anyway but seeing her in her wee Hibs strip just made me weep like a big lassie. What a day

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Not sure as I thought all my birthdays came in one day.

Just Jimmy
14-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Its my new birthday. Ive cancelled the date of my old one. All gifts and cards should be addressed to sir david gray of leith.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
14-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Wonder if anyone turned 32 or 23 :)
I felt like all my birthdays and Christmases had rolled into one .

jacomo
14-06-2016, 10:59 PM
It was my 40th on 21st May. Best present EVER!!!!!!🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🏆

Brilliant. What a day to win the cup!

Magnifique
15-06-2016, 12:23 AM
By my reckoning there will have been around 60 good guys in green at the final who were celebrating their birthday.

Fess up then chaps if you are one of those lucky lucky barstewards. :thumbsup:

It was my birthday on cup final day.

I had just a few weeks before hand moved to Toronto so could not justify heading back for it.

So we were outside in gorgeous sunshine streaming from the BBC and huddled round an iPad.

The neighbours wondered what the hell was going on with all the screaming and shouting. What a day.

Doug

Scott Allan Key
15-06-2016, 12:41 AM
My wife's waters broke on the day after; so it really rained on the Parade. Baby boy born day after, nearly lost my wife but thank God she pulled through. It will always give the lyrics of 'Sunshine on Leith' an extra poignancy.

wick hibby
15-06-2016, 12:48 AM
My grandchild was 2 on that great day well done ELLA

Hezbelle
15-06-2016, 06:12 AM
My wife's waters broke on the day after; so it really rained on the Parade. Baby boy born day after, nearly lost my wife but thank God she pulled through. It will always give the lyrics of 'Sunshine on Leith' an extra poignancy.

Congratulations and glad everyone is ok.

RoxburghHibs
15-06-2016, 06:33 AM
It was my 40th on 21st May. Best present EVER!!!!!!

The mother of all 40th birthdays - never to be beaten :flag:

Unless we manage to win the league title on your 50th, with a last minute goal, in the final match.....

:cb

LustForLeith
15-06-2016, 06:38 AM
I turned 40 on the 28th May. Started celebrating a week early for some reason.

Wife kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I told her I just wanted the Scottish Cup, not a lot to ask for.

Love it when you get what you've asked for on your birthday.

Bostonhibby
15-06-2016, 08:40 AM
We beat the yam 3-2 on the day I was born. Does that count? 😉

RoxburghHibs
15-06-2016, 08:44 AM
We beat the yam 3-2 on the day I was born. Does that count? 

I say it does.

However I was born a few days after the 7-0 game and my dad gave me the middle name 'Gordon' after the last goalscorer that day.

Not too shabby :greengrin

ads913
15-06-2016, 08:46 AM
My son was a little bit more organised.
He was 20 on the 22nd and was away on holiday to tenerife on the 23rd.

hughio
15-06-2016, 08:52 AM
My daughter Clara was 24 on the 21st and we were there!

Unbelievable!

:flag::flag::flag:

FranckSuzy
15-06-2016, 10:21 AM
:agree: I was sitting beside him at the final.

I was sitting in front of him :greengrin

stokesmessiah
15-06-2016, 10:46 AM
I turned 35 on the 21st. Making it a somewhat memorable day :/

jgl07
15-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Not me, but I will be celebrating the Cup Win on my birthday. In late November!

Ilovehibs
15-06-2016, 12:26 PM

Congratulations and glad all well. Hope your baby boy has a name(s) in honour of our cup winning heroes?!

exeterhibby
15-06-2016, 04:25 PM
My wife was 60 on the 21st May.

A few months earlier, before the Hearts game, we were booking a trip to Vienna to celebrate. I started to put in dates to include her actual Birthday when she told me to book the week before so we could go to the Scottish Cup Final when Hibs got there again. Don't be daft I said , there was no chance of them getting there ( we still had to play the 4th round at Tynecastle) and even if they did we would almost certainly lose again. However I gave in and booked the trip to ensure we could go if we got there again.

Round by round we got through and thanks to Logan et al in the semi we found ourselves preparing to go to Hampden again more in hope than anything else.

As it was her Birthday on the day I thought we would have to do hospitality which turned out to be great accept the seats in the North were directly below Sevco hospitality who were not holding back especially when they scored. However we had the last laugh come the end. :agree: At the meal at Celtic Park before the game Grant Stott gave her a mention plus the fact that if Hibs won I would buy her an Emerald and Diamond ring to any value she wanted. This was a long standing arrangement and one I never thought would come to anything.....how wrong I was!

When David Grays header hit the back of the Rangers net there were no mixed emotions, just total elation and the realisation that finally Hibernian FC had won the Scottish Cup. Certainly a 60th birthday never to forget and from my point of view the greatest day ever as a football supporter bar none......which includes seeing Villa win the European Cup in a previous life. I cannot condone the pitch invasion but can fully understand the emotions shown at the end and scenes I have never experienced in almost 50 years of watching live football.......absolute magic. :thumbsup: ........not sure we have recovered yet.

However we did venture back to Glasgow a couple of days later.......to buy the ring. :shocked:

GGTTH :flag:

Jonny1875
15-06-2016, 05:27 PM
It was my 20th, travelled over from Belfast, best day ever.

oneone73
15-06-2016, 06:15 PM
My wife was 60 on the 21st May.

A few months earlier, before the Hearts game, we were booking a trip to Vienna to celebrate. I started to put in dates to include her actual Birthday when she told me to book the week before so we could go to the Scottish Cup Final when Hibs got there again. Don't be daft I said , there was no chance of them getting there ( we still had to play the 4th round at Tynecastle) and even if they did we would almost certainly lose again. However I gave in and booked the trip to ensure we could go if we got there again.

Round by round we got through and thanks to Logan et al in the semi we found ourselves preparing to go to Hampden again more in hope than anything else.

As it was her Birthday on the day I thought we would have to do hospitality which turned out to be great accept the seats in the North were directly below Sevco hospitality who were not holding back especially when they scored. However we had the last laugh come the end. :agree: At the meal at Celtic Park before the game Grant Stott gave her a mention plus the fact that if Hibs won I would buy her an Emerald and Diamond ring to any value she wanted. This was a long standing arrangement and one I never thought would come to anything.....how wrong I was!

When David Grays header hit the back of the Rangers net there were no mixed emotions, just total elation and the realisation that finally Hibernian FC had won the Scottish Cup. Certainly a 60th birthday never to forget and from my point of view the greatest day ever as a football supporter bar none......which includes seeing Villa win the European Cup in a previous life. I cannot condone the pitch invasion but can fully understand the emotions shown at the end and scenes I have never experienced in almost 50 years of watching live football.......absolute magic. :thumbsup: ........not sure we have recovered yet.

However we did venture back to Glasgow a couple of days later.......to buy the ring. :shocked:

GGTTH :flag:

Nice one. I gave my wife a ring on the big day too.
She hung up.

Slim Shady
15-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I was with a lad who's 40th was on the Sunday. After celebrating down Easter Road way after the match we ventured towards the stadium, saw the lights of a disco ball upstairs and chances our luck. Walked straight past security and upstairs to be greeted by Mr Hibs McCourt. Partied with squad, whilst taking many a picture and thanked Leanne for changing our lives. We were then invited up town to Shanghi to join in with the continued celebrations. Our round was us two, John Doolan and Alan Stubbs. We had just won the Scottish Cup and here we were stood at the bar with the manager asking us what we wanted to drink!!!

Partied until 4/5 am - home for a shower and a bite to eat before heading to the parade, marched towards Leith Links following the bus then danced the rest of the night away with 'STOKESYS ON FIRE' in the Harp until we couldn't drink anymore.

If Carlsberg done 40th birthday Scottish Cup Winning weekends then they will struggle to even get close to what we experienced.