PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone else have a know all sitting beside them?

Still Smiling
14-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Was thinking of moving my seat in the east stand as I am fed up with the know all behind me! Anyone else have problem fans sitting next/near them?

matty_f
14-06-2016, 09:37 PM
My son has a right know it all on one side of him, and his grandad on the other side :agree:

Jonnyboy
14-06-2016, 09:38 PM
My son has a right know it all on one side of him, and his grandad on the other side :agree:

:faf: :top marks

WoreTheGreen
14-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Andy Goram sits next to Andy Goram both tits

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2016, 09:42 PM
I picked an aisle seat,son on left and no one to my right, perfect,

monktonharp
14-06-2016, 09:46 PM
I picked an aisle seat,son on left and no one to my right, perfect,almost, but I'm right behind you:wink:

Finn2015
14-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Used to sit in the west stand so quite a few😄

monktonharp
14-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Used to sit in the west stand so quite a fewyou probably annoyed them, eating your prawn sandwiches:wink:

Albanian Hibs
14-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Got a big moaner behind us and the too la roo la roo la guy in front of us

ajf
14-06-2016, 10:08 PM
I have 2 young kids to my left so have to watch my ps and qs can relax more on midweek games

monktonharp
14-06-2016, 10:13 PM
I have 2 young kids to my left so have to watch my ps and qs can relax more on midweek gamesI try to do the same, hence my move from the ff lower back to the east. was in the east last season for games outwith the ST, and found it a bit refreshing that were was some space to move about to. might be harder this season though:greengrin

AndyB_70
14-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Aye my brother. Guy in front of us turned round once and asked him if he was a millionaire as he must be perfect at everything he does. Almost wet myself.

FranckSuzy
14-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Was thinking of moving my seat in the east stand as I am fed up with the know all behind me! Anyone else have problem fans sitting next/near them?

No, but there are plenty of know **** all folk who sit near me :tee hee:

MyJo
14-06-2016, 10:22 PM
I sit next to my wife..........no comment :hide:

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2016, 10:29 PM
almost, but I'm right behind you:wink:

Oh no you're not.

erin go bragh
14-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Guy beside me thinks McGregor is never a CH . He doesn't rate Henderson either , hates Fyvie . Total 🎺

monktonharp
14-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Guy beside me thinks McGregor is never a CH . He doesn't rate Henderson either , hates Fyvie . Total  that could be the guy behind me last season that screamed.....Stokes your the worst player I've ever seen in a Hibs jersey. well into his sixties, he then stormed out 8 mins to go!

Galahibby
14-06-2016, 11:10 PM
The last time I had a season ticket - quite a while ago - there were 3 guys who sat behind us and relayed in miniscule detail every single shot of every single round of golf they'd had since they'd last seen each other. Did my head in.

monktonharp
14-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Guy beside me thinks McGregor is never a CH . He doesn't rate Henderson either , hates Fyvie . Total he has a point. none of them were our best players in the final.

Mikey09
14-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Guy beside me thinks McGregor is never a CH . He doesn't rate Henderson either , hates Fyvie . Total 

Is it Terry Butcher?!

lyonhibs
15-06-2016, 04:40 AM
This is the kind of thread that hopefully leads to the scenario where . net user A inadvertently outs .net user B as a know it all, and then. Net user B takes umbrage to this, leading to a comedy squabble.

TheMentalHibees
15-06-2016, 04:51 AM
There was a guy behind me who started booing at half time. Then another guy booed his booing. So he turns round and tells him he wasn't booing who he thought he was booing, so stop booing his booing. Still don't know who was being booed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
15-06-2016, 05:01 AM
This is the kind of thread that hopefully lads to the scenario where . net user A inadvertently outs .net user B as a know it all, and then. Net user B takes umbrage to this, leading to a comedy squabble.

:faf:

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 06:00 AM
you probably annoyed them, eating your prawn sandwiches:wink:

It was caviar actually

Sean1875
15-06-2016, 06:37 AM
got my season ticket back for next year, already the anxious wait to find out who I'm near has begun..

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 06:45 AM
To be fair never found it a problem. If someone wants to moan their erse off its up to them. I zone out and concentrate what's going on on the pitch. Each to their own

HibbyDave
15-06-2016, 06:54 AM
If you can't see "the moaner" around you....... It's probably you!

Famous Fiver
15-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Mr 'Unbelievable' behind me. Every time there is the smallest mistake, out it comes in loud voice , 'Unbelievable'.

Many's the time when Hibs score I stand up, turn round and yell at the top of my voice, 'UNBELIEVABLE'.

Gives me some sort of warped satisfaction.

Keith_M
15-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Does Anyone else have a know all sitting beside them?

Only if there's a mirror next to me

:wink:

jacomo
15-06-2016, 07:25 AM
There was a guy behind me who started booing at half time. Then another guy booed his booing. So he turns round and tells him he wasn't booing who he thought he was booing, so stop booing his booing. Still don't know who was being booed.

Boo!

Ricky Bobby
15-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Guy behind me, his favourite line is "HOW MANY TIMES REF". which if Collum or Thompson are in charge is plenty.

BSEJVT
15-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I have just renewed my season ticket for the first time since the Calderwood days

One of the reasons I gave it up was I was fed up with constant negativity

The other more pertinently was because I used to get annoyed as hell at things I saw on the pitch and would end up ranting and raving like a lunatic to no one but me.

I am really looking forward to going again every week but will need to make a concentrated effort to calm down a bit.

Can I do it?

Jason's sending off at ER against Hearts and his missed penalty in the Semi and my responses to them indicate that its going to be a challenge!

Apologies in advance

Speedy
15-06-2016, 07:35 AM
This is the kind of thread that hopefully leads to the scenario where . net user A inadvertently outs .net user B as a know it all, and then. Net user B takes umbrage to this, leading to a comedy squabble.

Here he goes, Mr "I know how the thread will turn out already" :stirrer:

oneone73
15-06-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm at the breakfast table. Better not say.

Speedy
15-06-2016, 07:44 AM
My favourite is when someone berates a player that isn't the one they're talking about so exposes themselves as a muppet.

"Thomson yer murder, get him oot Stubbs he's been doing that all season"

Thoughts of surrounding fans - 'eh that's Henderson pal, Thomson was subbed 20 minutes ago'.

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2016, 08:08 AM
From this thread it sounds like a lot of people feel they have a know all sitting next to them. But, I can assure you, that unless you are privileged enough to sit next to me, it simply isn't the case.

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 08:10 AM
I sit next to my wife..........no comment :hide:

:faf::faf:

lucky
15-06-2016, 09:23 AM
I have woman who sits behind and she shouts and moans the whole game basically criticising everything that Hibs do. It's a joy when she does not attend.

Geo_1875
15-06-2016, 09:57 AM
I've moved for the 4th time since the new East Stand opened. Hopefully this time I'll find a seat where people around me understand how constant negative comments can irritate to the point of violence.

BigKev
15-06-2016, 10:01 AM
I've moved for the 4th time since the new East Stand opened. Hopefully this time I'll find a seat where people around me understand how constant negative comments can irritate to the point of violence.

I had the same problem in the East so took to finding a seat on my own at the front before moving to the front of the west!

Was irritating as hell the amount of criticism handed out, more often than not incorrectly.

southfieldhibby
15-06-2016, 10:04 AM
I've had to move my seat. Guy behind is verging on the unbearable. Constantly negative, never ever has a good thing to say about anything or anyone.

Craig_HFC
15-06-2016, 10:06 AM
There's a couple of guys who sit behind me who basically commentate on the game, which is pretty annoying in itself, however 95% of the things they say are wrong which makes it even more irritating. They seem to love screaming at Lewis Stevenson for no particular reason, too.

One particular example I remember is maybe 3 or 4 seasons ago now; Stevenson was playing left back and was basically on the touchline in our own half facing his own goal not too far outside of our box. He gets the ball played to his feet & has 3 players from the other team surrounding him so he plays the ball back to where it came from. Perfectly fine thing to do, didn't give possession away or anything like that.

Guy behind me takes offence to this and shouts "CHRIST'S SAKE STEVENSON! PLAY THE BALL FORWARDS!".

Think the guy was expecting Lewis to do a wee Cryuff turn to beat one guy, nutmeg the other and then go round the last guy before playing a perfect Xavi-esque long pass right onto the boot of the striker.

:rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2016, 10:09 AM
I'll be honest, this last season we had no regulars near us like this. For the couple of seasons before we did, but he's moved. The only time we get folk like that is people that are in a nearby seat for just the 1 game.

Unless that person is me.......? :greengrin
Nah I'm only vocal as in cheering on the team. I tend to keep my opinions to myself.

biotech
15-06-2016, 10:35 AM
This is the problem with season tickets. You're never sure who your stuck with.

Lago
15-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Love this thread, when I was a ST holder in the FF I had a whole family of moners behind me, they use to boo the Hibs subs when they were warming up.

Groathillgrump
15-06-2016, 11:12 AM
The guy behind me isn't a 'know all' but he has a really annoying habit of saying the same phrase once or twice every game. If someone tries a through ball and it doesn't come off or if someone shoots and balloons it over the bar, he'll say 'The idea was good but the execution was poor.' I just sit there waiting on him to say it. Drives me nuts! :bitchy:

midfield_maestro
15-06-2016, 11:19 AM
I have a guy in front of me who shouts full sentences at the ref. We have guy in our row who is 10 minutes late for every game, irrespective of what time it kicks off. We have a woman in our row who leaves 7 minutes early irrespective of what is happening on the pitch.

Peevemor
15-06-2016, 11:20 AM
This is one of the problems with all seated stadiums. On the terracing you could simply distance yourself from folk that were annoying you.

I remember years ago at a match v Motherwell. I was in the old North stand and nearly came to blows with two guys beside me who were giving Kevin Harper the "black b******" treatment (my 2 cousins literally held me back). Had I been able to move away from them earlier I wouldn't have got as wound up.

Alfred E Newman
15-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Anyone who is unfortunate enough to sit next to me.

oneone73
15-06-2016, 11:26 AM
This thread is doing nothing for the season ticket drive. Leeann will be along in a minute.

Hibbie_Cameron
15-06-2016, 11:28 AM
I have woman who sits behind and she shouts and moans the whole game basically criticising everything that Hibs do. It's a joy when she does not attend.

No praise for the person who sits next to you?!:wink:

I talk to the people who sit on my other side but don't even know their names! Unbelievably they were sitting behind us at the cup final.

hfcnic
15-06-2016, 11:31 AM
There is a guy that sits behind me who thankfully doesn't seem to be there every game, who shouts at the players to shoot. It doesn't matter where the player is on the pitch he tells them to have a go. He then sits the rest of the game bragging to his mate about whatever fight he got into on the Friday night/previous match/any time in his life. You can tell is all total bull crap and his mate just sort of agrees with not saying much. Embarrassing.

Got someone in front who seems to love just shouting SHOCKING at everything that's shocking ref that's shocking linesman that's shocking Stubbs etc

emerald green
15-06-2016, 03:09 PM
This is the problem with season tickets. You're never sure who your stuck with.

:agree: Back in the days when I/we used to pay at the gate, and when ER was mostly open terracing, if you happened to end up standing next to some erse, it was usually easy enough just to move further along the terracing.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2016, 03:26 PM
My favourite is when someone berates a player that isn't the one they're talking about so exposes themselves as a muppet.

"Thomson yer murder, get him oot Stubbs he's been doing that all season"

Thoughts of surrounding fans - 'eh that's Henderson pal, Thomson was subbed 20 minutes ago'.

This my favourite too, love it when that happens

Bristolhibby
15-06-2016, 03:54 PM
there was a guy behind me who started booing at half time. Then another guy booed his booing. So he turns round and tells him he wasn't booing who he thought he was booing, so stop booing his booing. Still don't know who was being booed.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

booo!

Jonnyboy
15-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Not sure if this makes me a 'know all' but there's a group of students in the row behind me and during the game I'm treated to stories of their sexual conquests, the party's they've been too, the lecturers who are 'gash' and all the scores offered on the Livescore App e.g. Kurdistan second division.

I certainly know a lot more at the end of the game than I did at the start :greengrin

LustForLeith
15-06-2016, 06:51 PM
During the Raith play off game I was sat in the West where there was a small gathering f moaners (not sure what the collective name is for them?)

Everything any Hibs player did was berated by them all. That's bad enough but it's the 'comedy' one liners they trot out all the time that get me.

"*insert name of a Hibs player running* you're slower than a week in the jail" classics like that.

At the end of the game one of them gave the team a standing ovation as he told them all they were s***.

I wish I'd been with them at the final just for their response at full time.

"Gray! What did you go and do that for? I'll need to go out and get drunk!"

Mr White
15-06-2016, 06:54 PM
During the Raith play off game I was sat in the West where there was a small gathering f moaners (not sure what the collective name is for them?)

Everything any Hibs player did was berated by them all. That's bad enough but it's the 'comedy' one liners they trot out all the time that get me.

"*insert name of a Hibs player running* you're slower than a week in the jail" classics like that.

At the end of the game one of them gave the team a standing ovation as he told them all they were s***.

A grumble of moaners :agree:

15-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Used to have a guy that sat directly behind me for years (thankfully he hasn't been the last 3 or 4 seasons) absolute moan of the highest order. Absolutely nothing pleased him. In all the years he sat behind me i don't recall ever hearing him say anything positive about the team. Hibs could be 5-0 up and he'd still be moaning at this that and the other. Incredibly annoying.

Still Smiling
15-06-2016, 07:22 PM
A grumble of moaners :agree:

I must be the only normal fan.....not moving seat now, might get landed beside some of the 100s of moaners highlighted on this thread!
maybe Hibs should start a "meet your neighbour night" before the season starts. Or start an anonymous thread naming and shaming the pains in the backsides every Saturday (seat nos and description of ----hole behaviour)....lol

Finn2015
15-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Not sure if this makes me a 'know all' but there's a group of students in the row behind me and during the game I'm treated to stories of their sexual conquests, the party's they've been too, the lecturers who are 'gash' and all the scores offered on the Livescore App e.g. Kurdistan second division.

I certainly know a lot more at the end of the game than I did at the start :greengrin

We have a winner.

Peevemor
15-06-2016, 07:47 PM

A .net of moaners? :dunno:

O'Rourke3
15-06-2016, 08:40 PM
The guy behind me isn't a 'know all' but he has a really annoying habit of saying the same phrase once or twice every game. If someone tries a through ball and it doesn't come off or if someone shoots and balloons it over the bar, he'll say 'The idea was good but the execution was poor.' I just sit there waiting on him to say it. Drives me nuts! :bitchy:
HaHa that could be me! West upper?

Kojock
15-06-2016, 08:53 PM

Dearie me.