PDA

View Full Version : Is the song All together now apart of our club?

Greencore
14-06-2016, 09:56 AM
One of my memory's that stands out after our Scottish cup win was leaving the stadium hearing all together now by the farm.. I remember it being played at the end of games last season. So what do people think of the song at ER? Do you like it? Do you dislike it?

One Day Soon
14-06-2016, 09:59 AM
One of my memory's that stands out after our Scottish cup win was leaving the stadium hearing all together now by the farm.. I remember it being played at the end of games last season. So what do people think of the song at ER? Do you like it? Do you dislike it?

I love it. :agree:

pacoluna
14-06-2016, 10:04 AM
I love it. :agree:
I always associated it with the England team, they substituted "in no man's land" with "with England"

Good Song though not as good as teenage kicks :wink:

Don't particular like nero - "me and you" which they use to play before games under Butcher plus it sounded awful with our sound system in the FF.

Geo_1875
14-06-2016, 10:39 AM

Been played a lot since Peter Hooton visited ER.

CentreLine
14-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Says it all about how clubs and supporters should look upon each other, yes I like it. Prefer the beatles all together now melody though.

AndyB_70
14-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Not for me. So many clubs use it down south.

harpo
14-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Love the song so hope it continues to be played at ER. Plus Pete Hooton the lead singer from the Farm has a big soft spot for Hibs, been to see us play many times.

malcolm
14-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Someone needs to "Hibs' this
One, two, three, four
Can I have a little more?
Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, I love you

A, B, C, D
Can I bring my friend to tea?
E, F, G, H, I, J, I love you

(Bom bom bom bompa bom) Sail the ship
(Bompa bom) Chop the tree
(Bompa bom) Skip the rope
(Bompa bom) Look at me

(All together now) All together now

Black, white, green, red
Can I take my friend to bed?
Pink, brown, yellow, orange, blue, I love you
:greengrin

tartanhibee
14-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Is that the lyrical genius of the Beatles?

greenlad
14-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Love the song so hope it continues to be played at ER. Plus Pete Hooton the lead singer from the Farm has a big soft spot for Hibs, been to see us play many times.

And he was on Nicky Campbell's BBC Radio Five breakfast show last week, discussing "Is Three Lions by Skinner and Baddiel the best Football Anthem Ever?"

His opinion: Best somgs are ones not written about football but adopted by football fans "Sunshine on Leith sung by the Hibs fans is magnificent"

2hrs 59 mins - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07dj0xy#play

Top man:greengrin

Billy
14-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Peter is very good friends with John Doolan and regularly came to matches when visiting John.

John also appears in the re-released video of All Together Now, from a few years ago.

malcolm
14-06-2016, 02:23 PM

:greengrin indeed

Andy74
14-06-2016, 02:24 PM

Can't say I've noticed.

Stoney Hibee
14-06-2016, 03:11 PM
In the night before the cup final, when I could not sleep, I was thinking about songs played at Easter Road over the years. There was a song played during the Mowbray years and I could not for the life of me remember what it was. It was played around the same time as Teenage Kicks. The band may been Scottish?

Does anyone have an idea what it was? It's not much to go on!

SteveHFC
14-06-2016, 03:16 PM
In the night before the cup final, when I could not sleep, I was thinking about songs played at Easter Road over the years. There was a song played during the Mowbray years and I could not for the life of me remember what it was. It was played around the same time as Teenage Kicks. The band may been Scottish?

Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking?

SJM
14-06-2016, 03:17 PM

I can't remember but I do remember a tune from a movie possibly with no words played right before the start of each match.

I'm sure altogether now was played after the semi or maybe right before kick off at the pink ****ter too.

Craig_HFC
14-06-2016, 03:53 PM

The Silencers - I Can Feel It

Greencore
14-06-2016, 03:58 PM
As for the song before teenage kicks. Wasn't it a piano song without vocals?

Stoney Hibee
14-06-2016, 03:58 PM
The Silencers - I Can Feel It

Yes that it!! Cheers!!

Fat Boab
14-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Also remember Blur Song 2 being played after a goal was scored.

7 Hills
14-06-2016, 08:15 PM
No. It was McCartney who wrote the lyrics to that one. [emoji2]

.Sean.
14-06-2016, 08:22 PM
They used to play a version of Tubular Bells before big games under Mowbray? With the guy from Sky Sports doing like a voiceover???

Viva_Palmeiras
15-06-2016, 04:02 AM
They used to play a version of Tubular Bells before big games under Mowbray? With the guy from Sky Sports doing like a voiceover???

Can't imagine much worse apart from Agadoo by Black Lace