PDA

View Full Version : When will it stop?

IWasThere2016
14-06-2016, 07:56 AM
I am not complaining but when does the party end?

I have read every word of the many press reports (I bought six papers on Sunday 22nd May) and more on the Monday. The match prog is at the bedside.

I have watched the SKY and Beeb highlights repeatedly - almost know word for word the SKY commentary. All the Hibs TV stuff has been devoured.

Constantly on twitter and FB scouring for new pics/videos - all being saved.

The #persevered t-shirt is packed for London break this week, and will be laundered for the Euros next

I am still sporting a silly ear to ear grin also :greengrin

What a feeling but I fear the coming down.. I trust I am not alone :thumbsup:

Waxy
14-06-2016, 07:58 AM
When will it stop? Maybe never.

Torto7062
14-06-2016, 07:59 AM

I have read every word of the many press reports (I bought six papers on Sunday 22nd May) and more on the Monday. The match prog is at the bedside.

I have watched the SKY and Beeb highlights repeatedly - almost know word for word the SKY commentary. All the Hibs TV stuff has been devoured.

The #persevered t-shirt is packed for London break this week, and will be laundered for the Euros next

https://youtu.be/0m_poYTla0c

franks
14-06-2016, 08:23 AM

Wow not seen that for a while (at least a day). Will never tire of it.:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
14-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Based on the team on the other side of the City, we can clearly milk this for years :wink:

I'm the same tho. Was at a wedding on Sunday and saw folk I haven't seen since before the Final, so happily spent half the day talking about that weekend.

Every day I see videos I haven't seen before. My #Persevered T-Shirt and also this one - http://art-of-football.com/collections/all/products/at-last are in the wardrobe ready for my Spanish holiday in 2 weeks. Sunday was possibly the first day since the final that I haven't got "emotional" due to seeing a video or someones description of those closing moments.

jacomo
14-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Based on the team on the other side of the City, we can clearly milk this for years :wink:

I'm the same tho. Was at a wedding on Sunday and saw folk I haven't seen since before the Final, so happily spent half the day talking about that weekend.

Every day I see videos I haven't seen before. My #Persevered T-Shirt and also this one - http://art-of-football.com/collections/all/products/at-last are in the wardrobe ready for my Spanish holiday in 2 weeks. Sunday was possibly the first day since the final that I haven't got "emotional" due to seeing a video or someones description of those closing moments.

Not seen that t shirt before.

Like it a lot, especially in black.

Geo_1875
14-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Not seen that t shirt before.

Like it a lot, especially in black.

I hadn't seen it either. Just ordered it in green.:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
14-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I hadn't seen it either. Just ordered it in green.:thumbsup:

Yeah was the green one I got too. It looks very smart in the flesh.

IWasThere2016
14-06-2016, 09:13 AM

Another newbie! I was 10 yards from this :thumbsup:

My old man
14-06-2016, 09:14 AM

Thanks for that
greetin again

:flag::flag:

lugz
14-06-2016, 09:14 AM
I honestly think we won't come down off this high, I work in a bank and I have been speaking to so many customers who I saw before the final. They have came in with big smiles on their faces and shook my hand. Makes boring days a lot easier.

Like the OP I'm always on social media looking at new pictures and videos, they must run out at some point?

My old man
14-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Thanks for that
greetin again

Torto7062
14-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks for that
greetin again

#goosebumps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haymaker
14-06-2016, 10:34 AM
I finally bumped into the local hun this morning, he has been avoiding me for weeks. Started the day off nicely.

DAVE1875
14-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Pages stuck together? :greengrin

KWJ
14-06-2016, 02:40 PM
I get home July 21st so I expect it to still be ongoing come then!

Fingers crossed for a home Euro tie that day.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2016, 05:19 PM
"Mother... It's starting again..."

name the film...

WoreTheGreen
14-06-2016, 05:32 PM
"Mother... It's starting again..."

name the film...

pysco

WoreTheGreen
14-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Psycho

Ged
14-06-2016, 06:31 PM

That was just a few rows behind where I was. It was mental in there :greengrin

Torto7062
14-06-2016, 06:32 PM
That was just a few rows behind where I was. It was mental in there :greengrin
Mental is an understatement lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marco G
14-06-2016, 07:00 PM
When will it stop? Maybe never.And why should it stop. In boozer before first home game of season will be awesome.

Dunedin Hibs
15-06-2016, 08:05 AM
The Australian and New Zealand fans are still buzzing on our FB group. Currently fundraising for the Leith Links project to get some more fans and season ticket holders to Easter Road, as we obviously can't be there that often to support our team. Thanks to Gary in Melbourne.
As ever... GGTTH...such joy and happiness in the last few weeks. Been a long time coming, but the wait was worth it. Just magic.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-06-2016, 08:09 AM
pysco

And for a bonus point can you find a clip?

I always remembered the line as "Mother its happening again" but there you go...

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2016, 08:10 AM
I'm estimating around 2120 as that's 114 years from now.

FranckSuzy
15-06-2016, 10:05 AM
The Australian and New Zealand fans are still buzzing on our FB group. Currently fundraising for the Leith Links project to get some more fans and season ticket holders to Easter Road, as we obviously can't be there that often to support our team. Thanks to Gary in Melbourne.
As ever... GGTTH...such joy and happiness in the last few weeks. Been a long time coming, but the wait was worth it. Just magic.

Great effort from everyone and much appreciated. GGTTH.

Sproule Three
15-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Great effort from everyone and much appreciated. GGTTH.

Apart from the fact that Gary is in Sydney -;)

FranckSuzy
15-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Apart from the fact that Gary is in Sydney -;)

I did wonder who Gary in Melbourne was :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
15-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Off out for a 4 week anniversary pub crawl down leith then up easter road on saturday with the family 🍻

scoopyboy
15-06-2016, 11:07 AM
After I have finished viewing the standard TV progs for the night I always then watch a bit of the cup final, whether it be the pre match interviews, the game or post match or even the BBC highlights at night.

Last night I stopped watching the Iceland game to watch more of it.

I have done this every night since the final.

Sometimes if I have a few minutes to spare before going out I watch the first five minutes of the match, it's great.

Don't know when I will kick this habit.:greengrin

calumhibee1
15-06-2016, 11:15 AM

That tshirt is absolutely outstanding.

My old man
15-06-2016, 11:29 AM
That tshirt is absolutely outstanding.

http://art-of-football.com/collections/clubs-prints/products/at-last-print-or-canvas

wear one hang one
these are amazing have asked if they are doing anymore awaiting response :not worth

Craig_in_Prague
15-06-2016, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEFGOhAubQ&list=LLVwSyHJ3BwRIkCnz4WLpcdw&index=5

decent vid.

not enough to watch 'as new' though anymore, everything is 'watch again' now :))

Onion
15-06-2016, 07:33 PM
I fear it will NEVER stop. Latest thoughts have been about the referee that day and what a hero he was. Not for giving us anything we didn't deserve, but just for his 100% fair handling of the match for 94 mins. IMO that makes him a hero.

Who in their wildest ever thought a Scottish referee would allow a last minute goal for Hibs against the Huns in the Scottish Cup final? Not in my lifetime. There were lots of small excuses he could have used like disallowing Stokes equaliser or even Gray's winner and IMO 99% of the refs we've had over the last 40 years would have bottled it. Don't think this ref has had nearly enough credit for his role in our historic win.

Zondervan
15-06-2016, 08:05 PM
I fear it will NEVER stop. Latest thoughts have been about the referee that day and what a hero he was. Not for giving us anything we didn't deserve, but just for his 100% fair handling of the match for 94 mins. IMO that makes him a hero.

Who in their wildest ever thought a Scottish referee would allow a last minute goal for Hibs against the Huns in the Scottish Cup final? Not in my lifetime. There were lots of small excuses he could have used like disallowing Stokes equaliser or even Gray's winner and IMO 99% of the refs we've had over the last 40 years would have bottled it. Don't think this ref has had nearly enough credit for his role in our historic win.

I pretty much thought more or less the same. Especially after the paranoid posts on forums and Twitter about him being a Rangers fan in the lead-up to the game.

The advantage given for Stokes opener was excellent, and he easily could have pedantically penalised Stokes for a push at the equaliser (as could have Beaton who was officiating behind the goal). But they never, thank God!

I would go as far as suggesting we give him a round of applause and sing-song next time he does one of our games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
15-06-2016, 08:06 PM

114 years :greengrin