PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Friendly: Hibernian FC v Birmingham City FC

RSS Bot
13-06-2016, 01:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6572)

matty_f
13-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Happy days, that's a decent tie!

3pm
13-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Good, competitive game.

Baldy Foghorn
Nice one to look forward to:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
Return for Clayton Donaldson too:flag:

Scooter
13-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Hope it doesn't interfere with out euro games

Cabbage East
13-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Would have a good away day.

SteveHFC
13-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Think we should form a guard of honour for Jonathan Grounds. :duck:

DH1875
13-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Why does it need SFA approval?

Pretty Boy
13-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Would have been good if it was away but great fixture regardless. Looking forward to it.

Pretty Boy
13-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Why does it need SFA approval?

All friendlies need authorised by the governing bodies of the teams involved.

Sean1875
13-06-2016, 01:18 PM
good level of team to be up against, looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
13-06-2016, 01:20 PM
All friendlies need authorised by the governing bodies of the teams involved.

Did not know that :aok:

Marco G
13-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Hope it doesn't interfere with out euro gamesOur UEFA matches are 14th and 21st July. When we win that tie our next are 28th July and 4th August, so no it doesn't interfere!

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Could there be a chance of trouble with this one? Just to add that cheery thought to proceedings

Marco G
13-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Could there be a chance of trouble with this one? Just to add that cheery thought to proceedingsNo

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 01:33 PM
No

Fair enough then. I live in the Midlands so will see if the Zulu army can give me a lift😊

Vault Boy
13-06-2016, 01:37 PM
The Brummies on Twitter seem pretty happy with this

DH1875
13-06-2016, 01:41 PM
No

Take it you've never heard of the Zulu army? Not saying there will be trouble but I wouldn't completely 100% right it off.

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Take it you've never heard of the Zulu army? Not saying there will be trouble but I wouldn't completely 100% right it off.

Yip both clubs have hooligan pasts, the Scotland vs England rivalry. That's why I was questioning it

Keith_M
13-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Decent level to be playing against, so sounds good.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm on holiday until the 27th so am sending an email of complaint in.

Any idea if a petition would be more effective?

Marco G
13-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Take it you've never heard of the Zulu army? Not saying there will be trouble but I wouldn't completely 100% right it off.Just about every club has/had a few nutters but the question was would there be trouble. Imho the answer for a pre season friendly at Easter Road is no. Don't know how he will get on with them on his trip north though!

Leith Green
13-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Id have said trouble is an absolute stick on with this fixture. Had it been midweek , then less chance.. Id pretty much guarantee that both sides hooligans will be licking their lips at this fixture

Keith_M
13-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Do we have to focus on the negative?

:dunno:

Oops, sorry, it's DotNet :wink:

Marco G
13-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Id have said trouble is an absolute stick on with this fixture. Had it been midweek , then less chance.. Id pretty much guarantee that both sides hooligans will be licking their lips at this fixtureAnyway, ignoring what a few idiots want to do, I think it's a good fixture to get up to speed for the league.

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Just about every club has/had a few nutters but the question was would there be trouble. Imho the answer for a pre season friendly at Easter Road is no. Don't know how he will get on with them on his trip north though!

Just use my natural charm and say it's bosting like

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Do we have to focus on the negative?

:dunno:

Oops, sorry, it's DotNet :wink:

It's only a question! Thought it was a discussion forum where you know, you discuss things and ask questions et al😊

Pretty Boy
13-06-2016, 02:26 PM
No

I wish I had your confidence. The relatively recent game v Sunderland makes me wonder.

Going back further Leeds was fun and games (albeit that fixture was utter madness in the 1st place).

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2016, 02:33 PM
I wish I had your confidence. The relatively recent game v Sunderland makes me wonder.

Going back further Leeds was fun and games (albeit that fixture was utter madness in the 1st place).

Sure their mob call themselves the Zulus, meant to have a nasty reputation. Can't see it passing off, without incident

pacoluna
13-06-2016, 02:37 PM

What was mad about that fixture was the fact that useless donkey Michael ricketts some how scored a double against us!

Was it not labeled as the "whyte and mackay cup"

Keith_M
13-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Sure their mob call themselves the Zulus, meant to have a nasty reputation. Can't see it passing off, without incident

There'll be a few fights after the game in the Royal Mile, as per usual, but I can't imagine anything major is gonna happen.

Hibs' reputation as a top class Firm has long since gone and most people in Birmingham have probably never even heard of the club, let alone our hooligan following.

HH81
13-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Why a Sunday?

Marco G
13-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Sunday because we have a UEFA Europa league match on the Thursday before it?

GreenLake
13-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Get a good Balti in Sparkhill, you can make a big Hibs sign out of one of the giant naan breads or use it as a tarpaulin if it's raining. St Andrews is a not to far cab ride from there. Used to go there all the time when I lived in Warwickshire but I watched the Villa in these days (Tony Daley made Inter Milans back four look like geriatrics!).

Bristolhibby
13-06-2016, 03:13 PM
From a selfish point of view, I wish this was an away game. St Andrews only a couple of hours drive from my house.

C'mon Hibs, it's been ages since a preseason in England (Excluding Berwick and Carlisle).

Recently Blackpool (c2010) and both Blackburn & Bolton (2009) spring to mind.

J

lucky
13-06-2016, 03:14 PM
There'll be a few fights after the game in the Royal Mile, as per usual, but I can't imagine anything major is gonna happen.

Hibs' reputation as a top class Firm has long since gone and most people in Birmingham have probably never even heard of the club, let alone our hooligan following.

Sorry mate but sadly your wrong. The Hampden aftermath has put Hibs back in everyone's mind. I'm in Spain just now and virtually every football out here (my hotel) thinks we are mad. We are regarded as the Scottish Millwall by many English football fans. I've tried explaining but most don't believe we are a well run family club.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2016, 03:14 PM

Think you are wrong regarding part in bold, just hope it passes without incident.

stuart-farquhar
13-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Sorry mate but sadly your wrong. The Hampden aftermath has put Hibs back in everyone's mind. I'm in Spain just now and virtually every football out here (my hotel) thinks we are mad. We are regarded as the Scottish Millwall by many English football fans. I've tried explaining but most don't believe we are a well run family club.
I've never heard that and I live in spain. if anything they laugh at our "Mickey Mouse" league.

CB_NO3
13-06-2016, 03:24 PM
When we played Blackburn Rovers at Ewood park, I remeber the police saying Hibs get the same police treatment as West Ham and Millwall. Your lucky if there was 300 Hibs fans there that evening.

DH1875
13-06-2016, 03:29 PM

:agree::agree::agree:.

Used to run a bar in Spain and when the English/Welsh guys came in and the talk started on football I'd always get asked if I were a Celtic or a Rangers fan. When I said neither I'm a hibs fan more often than not it was met with some reply about casuals/hooligans. It was all anyone seemed to know about us and even then it was very little.

LancashireHibby
13-06-2016, 03:30 PM
What was mad about that fixture was the fact that useless donkey Michael ricketts some how scored a double against us!

Was it not labeled as the "whyte and mackay cup"
As someone who saw Ricketts develop at Bolton from 'that kid we've got from Walsall' to England international, that move absolutely ruined him! For a spell in the Premier League he was absolutely unplayable. Fair to say his career ended a little more bizarrely!

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Why a Sunday?

The Motherwell game is a Sunday to. Would have been better surely for Saturday's but may be something to do with the Europa ties

Keith_M
13-06-2016, 04:19 PM

If that's the case, it's both surprising and sad to hear.

Think you are wrong regarding part in bold, just hope it passes without incident.

Hope you're right bud.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2016, 04:21 PM

You should tell anyone who thinks that way that they are ignorant and stupid.

SeanWilson
13-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Literally one of the scariest moments of my life.... Huge mob marching towards us, Till the hibs boys realised me and my pal were Hibees and asked us to join them.... No thanks guys!

Problem with the that day was not being allowed in the pub next to the ground as a hibs fan and having to walk a mile or son in one direction. From memory certain fans left early and congregated on that road.

Cocaine&Caviar
13-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Get David Murphy up for a walkout before kick off? And O'Connor at that rate.

wookie70
13-06-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm on holiday until the 27th so am sending an email of complaint in.

Any idea if a petition would be more effective?

I'm on Holiday too, feel free to add my name to the petition. First home game I will have missed in around 4 years. Petrie!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Get David Murphy up for a walkout before kick off? And O'Connor at that rate.

:agree:

PiemanP
13-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Not sure this is the wisest friendly choice. Hibs have a reputation in England as having a decent mob (whether we're actually any good off the pitch is another matter!) and the Zulu's will fancy it. Given what happened at hampden we'd be better keeping our heads down for a while.

Better being at home though as the police here will know exactly who from our side they're lookin for before the game.

Broken Gnome
13-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Do we not ask for an English fixture every year? Seems a bit daft to try and second guess what our bams will do against a random English clubs bams, the minute a game is announced.

Pretty sure most worthwhile teams in England have a few that would like an afternoon on the piss in Edinburgh and a go at Hibs. We'd be as well not playing outside Scotland.

HibsNutter
13-06-2016, 05:29 PM
They're not hard I saw a hobbit beat them up in Green Street so don't worry

Scottie
13-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Wonder if the Zulu's were in Marseille on Saturday ?

hibee_girl
13-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Quite pleased it's on the Sunday as I seem to have been talked into driving the family to the air show in North Berwick on the Saturday!

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Do the CCS exist any more? Seem to have broken up. Sad that it is still an issue and what we are seeing in France. Never understood hooliganism. If you want to fight, go a boxing gym

The_Horde
13-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Do the CCS exist any more? Seem to have broken up. Sad that it is still an issue and what we are seeing in France. Never understood hooliganism. If you want to fight, go a boxing gym

Yes. They do.

Listen they can do what they want, as long as they do it away from the normal hibs supporters then fine.

worcesterhibby
13-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Never mind the Zulu's....what about the Peaky Blinders !!!! :shocked::shocked:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03059/peakyblinders_3059568b.jpg

Saturday Boy
13-06-2016, 06:30 PM

They should be easy to spot dressed like that. And that car is even older than my Fiat. Better colour though. :wink:

KWJ
13-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Would like to add a +1 to the idea of getting David Murphy up for the game.

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Yes. They do.

Listen they can do what they want, as long as they do it away from the normal hibs supporters then fine.

Thanks dad

pacoluna
13-06-2016, 06:46 PM

What about them? their all behind bars... for the time being ;)

Billy McKirdy
13-06-2016, 06:48 PM
They seem quite excited about this fixture on this forum.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2016385

Betty Boop
13-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Looks like they fancy Cummings. :greengrin

Finn2015
13-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Some suggestions may be part of a Jason Cummings deal😳

Billy McKirdy
13-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Looks like they fancy Cummings. :greengrin

Noticed that :greengrin
suggesting a swap with Denny Johnston? :aok:

KWJ
13-06-2016, 06:54 PM

Positive thread, hope they all enjoy the game.

Edinburgh sounds bloody expensive though!

Could be my first game back if the Europa league is at home first.

The_Horde
13-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Thanks dad

*inserts mature your mum joke*

jabis
13-06-2016, 07:02 PM

Glad they seem keen to enjoy Edinburgh as well,and stupid mentions of sickening violence seem to be non existant 👏

Bristolhibby
13-06-2016, 07:24 PM

Spoiler Alert!

J

Glory Lurker
13-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I wonder if Jasper Carrot will be coming up. He used to be the funniest thing on earth then just wasn't, overnight. Weird. I will wear my P.O.D. t-shirt just in case he is about, though.

pacoluna
13-06-2016, 07:30 PM
I wonder if Jasper Carrot will be coming up. He used to be the funniest thing on earth then just wasn't, overnight. Weird. I will wear my P.O.D. t-shirt just in case he is about, though.

The real golden balls

monktonharp
13-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Glad they seem keen to enjoy Edinburgh as well,and stupid mentions of sickening violence seem to be non existant  good point. canny see a reason for any real trouble. Sunday 2 pm , and less time of erseholes getting fired up with drink, although some of the brummies will just need a wee top up from the night before on the toon. hope they are mixing fine with Hibs fans before the game.

Hi Heid Yin
13-06-2016, 07:39 PM

They are focusing on a wee holiday and enjoyment, whilst we (going by this thread) are focusing on a potential scrap with their thugs.

Leith's finest
13-06-2016, 08:22 PM
They should have had this game 2 year ago for when david murphy had to give up playing because of injury, maybe now get him up to do the happy hibee draw at h/t

HibsNutter
13-06-2016, 09:01 PM
They should have had this game 2 year ago for when david murphy had to give up playing because of injury, maybe now get him up to do the happy hibee draw at h/t

Hopefully he'll be able to play for the LC winners side in Lew's testimonial!

Baw187
13-06-2016, 09:12 PM

Aye cheers!!! I'm half way through the 2nd series!!! FFS! Why?!

Scottie
13-06-2016, 09:52 PM

Aye cheers!!! I'm half way through the 2nd series!!! FFS! Why?!

Doh I feel another Sportscene thread coming on. :greengrin

JOD
14-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Jeez I really worry about this site sometimes.

Lets us just celebrate we have the same DOB.

1875 that is a very good reason to have a friendly FFS

KDY Hibs
14-06-2016, 05:28 AM
Some suggestions may be part of a Jason Cummings deal😳

Wonder if Andrew shinnie on loan could be part of that deal,🤔

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Literally one of the scariest moments of my life.... Huge mob marching towards us, Till the hibs boys realised me and my pal were Hibees and asked us to join them.... No thanks guys!

Problem with the that day was not being allowed in the pub next to the ground as a hibs fan and having to walk a mile or son in one direction. From memory certain fans left early and congregated on that road.

Not my type of music, but when young i always wanted to be a musician, at least you got to join a band for a while. :wink:

Finn2015
14-06-2016, 06:42 AM
Jeez I really worry about this site sometimes.

Lets us just celebrate we have the same DOB.

1875 that is a very good reason to have a friendly FFS

Really. Look it's a discussion forum where you discuss things and I'm not going to worry about posting a particular post beforehand cos it might not be happy clappy enough for someone. Reason I asked is not because I'm trying to be negative, not because I want to see trouble or I'm a hooligan sympathiser but because I'm taking my 4 year old boy to games for the first time this season having got him a season ticket. Doesn't mean I'm all negative but it is something I wanted to discuss and ask as a) it is a discussion forum where we can DISCUSS and b) it has some relevance given the fact that they are two supports who have had casual/hooligan elements. If that 'worries' you, that's up to you.

Dashing Bob S
14-06-2016, 07:07 AM
They are focusing on a wee holiday and enjoyment, whilst we (going by this thread) are focusing on a potential scrap with their thugs.

Yes. So delighted to see that we're old school maintaining standards.

SeanWilson
14-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Not my type of music, but when young i always wanted to be a musician, at least you got to join a band for a while. :wink:

closer to being in a boy band than a 'casual' thats for sure :greengrin

Brizo
14-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Given the on going SCF investigation and our treatment at the hands of the Scottish media im surprised at this fixture.

I think its naïve to think that certain elements from the BCFC "Zulus" wont be coming out of retirement for this one or that our cashies or next generation / wannabee cashies wont be similarly up for it.

Im sure there are any number of friendlies we could have arranged with teams that don't have the hooligan reputation of BCFC. That reputation may be historical but given that we can expect our media to be all over this game like a rash looking to substantiate their exaggerated SCF accusations, its a fixture we should have avoided

JimBHibees
14-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Given the on going SCF investigation and our treatment at the hands of the Scottish media im surprised at this fixture.

I think its naïve to think that certain elements from the BCFC "Zulus" wont be coming out of retirement for this one or that our cashies or next generation / wannabee cashies wont be similarly up for it.

Im sure there are any number of friendlies we could have arranged with teams that don't have the hooligan reputation of BCFC. That reputation may be historical but given that we can expect our media to be all over this game like a rash looking to substantiate their exaggerated SCF accusations, its a fixture we should have avoided

Tend to agree with that.