PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Ladies 11 Boroughmuir Thistle 0

Paisley Hibby
12-06-2016, 03:38 PM
This afternoon, according to twitter. What a great result! Everything about Hibs is on fire right now.

zelda
12-06-2016, 03:43 PM
The girls played well today and rested a number of 1st choice players as the League Cup final is on Wednesday night at Ainslue Park.

edwards
12-06-2016, 06:07 PM
This afternoon, according to twitter. What a great result! Everything about Hibs is on fire right now.

Well done girl's fantastic result

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-06-2016, 06:10 PM
:aok: :not worth

Hi Heid Yin
12-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Another eye catching result for Hibs ladies, but this sounds like a possible mismatch.
Well done, all the same.
You can only beat the team in front of you.

heretoday
13-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Another eye catching result for Hibs ladies, but this sounds like a possible mismatch.
Well done, all the same.
You can only beat the team in front of you.

Unless you are Boroughmuir Thistle......

flash
13-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Not really a good advert ludicrous scoreline like this.

Broken Gnome
13-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Not really a good advert ludicrous scoreline like this.

Glasgow City edged East Kilbride 23-0.

worcesterhibby
13-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Well done the ladies team. I have watched the highlights of a couple of the games played recently as they are now being shown on Hibs TV and I do think the Hibs side is suffering by being too good (or rather their opponents not being good enough). They beat Aberdeen 8-0 and Rangers 6-0. Unfortunately the standard of football ultimately suffers when one team finds it too easy and I don't particularly think that it's a great advert for the game, which is very unfortunate as there are obviously some very talented players in the Hibs team.

Women's football is obviously still evolving and I doubt there will be the same number of mismatches in 10 years time. However from the little I have watched (only highlights of two games) it does seem that defending and goalkeeping have not developed at the same pace as attacking skills have in the women's game. I actually wonder if smaller goals would make for a better spectacle, some of the goalkeepers just look out of their depth and too small for the goal they are defending. In the men's game the vast, vast majority of goalkeepers are 6foot plus, I would guess that the average height in the women's game is probably more like 5'8" which means they just don't have the reach that we expect of a goalie and so some of the shots they let in look very soft.

I hope this is seen as a positive post and not as me having a go at Women's football as I have been genuinely impressed by some of the football I have watched. (I know Hibs call it there ladies team, but that always seems a bit patronising for some reason..what do women prefer it to be called ?)

jacomo
13-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Well done the ladies team. I have watched the highlights of a couple of the games played recently as they are now being shown on Hibs TV and I do think the Hibs side is suffering by being too good (or rather their opponents not being good enough). They beat Aberdeen 8-0 and Rangers 6-0. Unfortunately the standard of football ultimately suffers when one team finds it too easy and I don't particularly think that it's a great advert for the game, which is very unfortunate as there are obviously some very talented players in the Hibs team.

Women's football is obviously still evolving and I doubt there will be the same number of mismatches in 10 years time. However from the little I have watched (only highlights of two games) it does seem that defending and goalkeeping have not developed at the same pace as attacking skills have in the women's game. I actually wonder if smaller goals would make for a better spectacle, some of the goalkeepers just look out of their depth and too small for the goal they are defending. In the men's game the vast, vast majority of goalkeepers are 6foot plus, I would guess that the average height in the women's game is probably more like 5'8" which means they just don't have the reach that we expect of a goalie and so some of the shots they let in look very soft.

I hope this is seen as a positive post and not as me having a go at Women's football as I have been genuinely impressed by some of the football I have watched. (I know Hibs call it there ladies team, but that always seems a bit patronising for some reason..what do women prefer it to be called ?)

Scottish football obviously not of a high enough standard for the mighty Hibs Ladies. Having to play diddy teams like The Rangers etc is no good.

They should move to the English League.

:wink:

Brightside
13-06-2016, 10:11 AM
The scottish cup is a stupid format for ladies football. There is no point in Hibs and City playing against what are recreational teams. Lets all the small teams play each other then bring the senior teams in for the final rounds. If Hibs had put out a full team they could have won by 20 easy.

Saturday Boy
13-06-2016, 10:39 AM
The scottish cup is a stupid format for ladies football. There is no point in Hibs and City playing against what are recreational teams. Lets all the small teams play each other then bring the senior teams in for the final rounds. If Hibs had put out a full team they could have won by 20 easy.

They changed the format of the cup this year, senior teams like Hibs and City can no longer enter their Development teams in the cup as well. In previous years, this "weeded out" the weaker teams, and made for closer matches, although that is relative. It did throw up the odd fixture of Rangers against Rangers reserves in last season's cup.

worcesterhibby
13-06-2016, 11:02 AM

It's not just the cup though. We are only 1/4 way through the top league fixtures and already there have been three matches where teams have scored 8 goals and plenty of 5 and 6 goals drubbings. The 2nd division (where Hearts are:greengrin) is even worse with four matches won by 10 goals or more. It just seems like smaller goals would improve the league..it's not the players fault that the average height of women is so much shorter than men.

Still if the International teams play with full size goals I suppose it would be a competitive disadvantage for Scottish players to be used to playing with smaller goals.

Brightside
13-06-2016, 11:04 AM
They changed the format of the cup this year, senior teams like Hibs and City can no longer enter their Development teams in the cup as well. In previous years, this "weeded out" the weaker teams, and made for closer matches, although that is relative. It did throw up the odd fixture of Rangers against Rangers reserves in last season's cup.

The people running the womens game are making a complete pigs t1ts of it tbh. Have the League Cup Final on a wednesday night is also just plain stupid. The game is not developing in scotland. Is the same problem at youth level too. Teams winning 16-0 is normal.

Brightside
13-06-2016, 11:07 AM
It's not just the cup though. We are only 1/4 way through the top league fixtures and already there have been three matches where teams have scored 8 goals and plenty of 5 and 6 goals drubbings. The 2nd division (where Hearts are:greengrin) is even worse with four matches won by 10 goals or more. It just seems like smaller goals would improve the league..it's not the players fault that the average height of women is so much shorter than men.

Still if the International teams play with full size goals I suppose it would be a competitive disadvantage for Scottish players to be used to playing with smaller goals.

Its not the size of the goals. If you are a decent player you will go to Hibs or City its that simple. Even in the recent Hibs v Rangers game - we controlled the game, Rangers hardly had an attack. Simple not enough decent players in scotland for the league to develop.

worcesterhibby
13-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Its not the size of the goals. If you are a decent player you will go to Hibs or City its that simple. Even in the recent Hibs v Rangers game - we controlled the game, Rangers hardly had an attack. Simple not enough decent players in scotland for the league to develop.

You're probably right, Like I say I've only watched the highlights of two games, so not really in a position to make a proper assessment.

NAE NOOKIE
13-06-2016, 11:17 AM
It seems that Hibs and Glasgow City are streets ahead of the others in Scotland. Hibs are obviously well coached and as far as I know Glasgow's manager is Scott Booth. when it comes to Glasgow it seems that City attract better players than the OF ladies teams.

We still have a long way to go .... I watched Scotland v Iceland recently and the Icelandic girls were a good bit better, even though Scotland had a number of professionals in the team and best player in the world and ex Hibs ladies player Kim Little.

Iceland are producing good male and female players just now with a population the size of Edinburgh .... a model we should be copying by the looks of it.

GreenCastle
13-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Few things..

Goals should be kept exactly the same size - does that mean Sunday league players should play with bigger goals as they aren't as skilled ? No - complete nonsense. Womens keepers have been a weak area but that is slowly changing.

I agree - Hibs Women sounds better than Hibs ladies.

The issue with womens football here is like the men's - best players move down south or abroad. Plus the coaching isn't good enough - still too many poor coaches in the leagues and that includes the top SWPL. Several youth coaches are still not teaching kids the basics.

City v Hibs final on Wednesday - City controlled the last league game. They are still ahead with quality if you look at the league table it's already pretty much won.

Hibs won't have a better chance to beat City than this season so going to be interesting to see how they get on.

Brightside
13-06-2016, 11:19 AM
It seems that Hibs and Glasgow City are streets ahead of the others in Scotland. Hibs are obviously well coached and as far as I know Glasgow's manager is Scott Booth. when it comes to Glasgow it seems that City attract better players than the OF ladies teams.

We still have a long way to go .... I watched Scotland v Iceland recently and the Icelandic girls were a good bit better, even though Scotland had a number of professionals in the team and best player in the world and ex Hibs ladies player Kim Little.

Iceland are producing good male and female players just now with a population the size of Edinburgh .... a model we should be copying by the looks of it.

100% correct. The ICELAND model is exactly what we should be doing in this country for ALL football.

Kojock
13-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Glasgow City edged East Kilbride 23-0.

You must've left early as it finished 26-0

Broken Gnome
13-06-2016, 08:55 PM
You must've left early as it finished 26-0

Didn't realise it they edged it quite so comfortably.