PDA

View Full Version : A wee story and thanks

aussie_hibee
12-06-2016, 02:45 PM
I posted this on the Scottish cup story thread but I wanted to put it here to show 2 members from here, Twiglet and Erin Go Bragh, what they contributed to through their generosity.

Thank you both, it will never be forgotten.

My wife of 12 years left me on New Years Day 2016. I had to be strong for the kids and because I had them al day every day for 3 weeks straight due to it being summer school holidays, I never really had time to process
what had happened to me. I decided that I needed to come back to Edinburgh to be around some very special friends that I knew would get me through the hardest time in my life.

Naturally, I checked to see what fixtures were on when I was back. Damn, no league games and no games at ER. Wait, 2 cup games, both at Tynie!!!!!! The thought of seeing my beloved Hibees was a small glimmer of light in a very dark time for me.

People who I barely know rallied for me and got me tickets to both games at tynie and others who I’ve never met, picked me up and drove me to the derby.

I thought the semi was special but when Paul Hanlon slotted home that equaliser, I got a feeling that I’d never had with Hibs before, a real belief that this was our year.

I returned to Oz and watched the replay and semi on my own on Hibs TV.

The day of the final arrived and the arrangements I had made, to go to the Hibs Supporters Club, had to be cancelled as I had nobody to watch the kids.

I sat there alone, in my living room, with the hibs TV stream plugged in to my TV and went mental when stokes put us 1-0 up.
I couldn’t believe it, was this really happening????

Then they scored and we missed chance after chance and that familiar feeling of so close but so far started to creep up.
Then they go in front. Here we go again. I’m not surprised, it’s taking a familiar course for me in 2016.

STOKES……! Oh my god, we’re actually back in this. Surely not, SURELY NOT.

4 minutes….! Come on Hibs, get to extra time, we’ll take them in extra time……!

Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeerrrrr.

Total elation. Pure joy that I never thought I’d feel in my life ever again.

Come on Hibs, hold on….. HOLD ON…. Please please please please please, just one time, just this one time.

Full time whistle……!

I can’t believe it, we’ve actually done it. It hit me like a train. I sank to my knees and bawled like a baby.

Tears of absolute joy.

I sat there on my living room floor, crying my eyes out as the thousands there flooded on to the pitch and it hit me.

I was meant to watch this alone….. I will be ok. Hibs have won the bloody Scottish Cup and I WILL BE OK.

I picked myself up and sat there watching the celebrations, totally content, nay, happy.

A day that is up there with the birth of my children and a day I will never forget. Thank you Hibs.

GGTTH.

mim
12-06-2016, 03:03 PM
I thought I was all cried out until I read this.

Good luck my friend. :thumbsup:

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Fantastic read and I hope things get better at home.

DaveF
12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Happy to read the Hibernian family helped you through a tough time.

All the best for the road ahead. Ggtth.

Hibby Gav
12-06-2016, 03:38 PM
all the best mate.......you always have family here....

ggtth

Thecat23
12-06-2016, 03:42 PM
I remember speaking to you around the time of all this. Superb you have posted this and how you know you'll be alright.

Things in life really do happen for a reason and I'm sure you will find happiness again!

All the very best.

alhibby
12-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Wonderful story mate, all the very very best for the future GGTTH :flag:

Weststandwanab
12-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks for posting that it is a great read. All my very best wishes to you and your kids for the future.

nellio
12-06-2016, 03:58 PM
All the best mate! Hope things sort themselves out for you.

FranckSuzy
12-06-2016, 05:06 PM
What a heartwarming post! Good on you and now you can see that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. GGTTH.

Stantons Angel
12-06-2016, 05:07 PM
been there and my faith in Hibs and my fellow Hibs supporters gave me hope and strength when i needed it too. your kids will give you strength!

Hibbyradge
12-06-2016, 05:18 PM
You *******!

I'm greeting again.

:thumbsup:

munchar
12-06-2016, 05:22 PM
I posted this on the Scottish cup story thread but I wanted to put it here to show 2 members from here, Twiglet and Erin Go Bragh, what they contributed to through their generosity.

My wife of 12 years left me on New Years Day 2016. I had to be strong for the kids and because I had them al day every day for 3 weeks straight due to it being summer school holidays, I never really had time to process
what had happened to me. I decided that I needed to come back to Edinburgh to be around some very special friends that I knew would get me through the hardest time in my life.

Naturally, I checked to see what fixtures were on when I was back. Damn, no league games and no games at ER. Wait, 2 cup games, both at Tynie!!!!!! The thought of seeing my beloved Hibees was a small glimmer of light in a very dark time for me.

People who I barely know rallied for me and got me tickets to both games at tynie and others who I’ve never met, picked me up and drove me to the derby.

I thought the semi was special but when Paul Hanlon slotted home that equaliser, I got a feeling that I’d never had with Hibs before, a real belief that this was our year.

The day of the final arrived and the arrangements I had made, to go to the Hibs Supporters Club, had to be cancelled as I had nobody to watch the kids.

A day that is up there with the birth of my children and a day I will never forget. Thank you Hibs.

GGTTH.

Where in Oz are you mate?

AltheHibby
12-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Aussie,

I can't think of any words that will help, so I will just wish you all the best.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Hang on in there. You're still a young chap and your life will certainly turn good again. Perhaps when you least expect it.

hibsbollah
12-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

erin go bragh
12-06-2016, 07:02 PM

I sat there alone, in my living room, with the hibs TV stream plugged in to my TV and went mental when stokes put us 1-0 up.
I couldn’t believe it, was this really happening????

Then they scored and we missed chance after chance and that familiar feeling of so close but so far started to creep up.
Then they go in front. Here we go again. I’m not surprised, it’s taking a familiar course for me in 2016.

STOKES……! Oh my god, we’re actually back in this. Surely not, SURELY NOT.

4 minutes….! Come on Hibs, get to extra time, we’ll take them in extra time……!

Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeerrrrr.

Total elation. Pure joy that I never thought I’d feel in my life ever again.

Come on Hibs, hold on….. HOLD ON…. Please please please please please, just one time, just this one time.

Full time whistle……!

I can’t believe it, we’ve actually done it. It hit me like a train. I sank to my knees and bawled like a baby.

Tears of absolute joy.

I sat there on my living room floor, crying my eyes out as the thousands there flooded on to the pitch and it hit me.

I was meant to watch this alone….. I will be ok. Hibs have won the bloody Scottish Cup and I WILL BE OK.

I picked myself up and sat there watching the celebrations, totally content, nay, happy.

GGTTH.

It was a pleasure mate . The game at the PBS was something else .
That feeling when the ref blew that whistle at the final ,( I could have flown to Australia without a plane ) We did it mate . Hope you and the kids are well .

CraigHibee
12-06-2016, 07:04 PM
great story mate, I'm positive things will get much better for you before long bud :aok:

Pretty Boy
12-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Nice ending to the story and well done to the guys who helped you out.

Stick in there.

Twiglet
12-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Not a problem. I wasn't planning on going to the Hearts match and when you were looking for a ticket I was more than happy to give you mine.
And like I said, anytime you're over and in need of a ticket, check with me and I'll see if I can sort it for you.:thumbsup:

Hi Heid Yin
12-06-2016, 08:25 PM
A truly moving post by the OP.
I wish you well fellow Hibby.

Forza Fred
13-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Better times ahead and it started on 21 of May.

Should the head ever drop. Just replay the highlights of the cup final.

Jones28
13-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Stick at it mate, best of luck to you from the Hibee family 💚

gegs70
13-06-2016, 01:35 AM
Love it, I get emotional watching the game again....

aussie_hibee
13-06-2016, 02:23 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
It did kick start an amazing run of events with the highlights being meeting a lovely Scottish lass, getting finance approved by the bank which looked extremely unlikely and my offer on a house getting accepted. Life is now as happy as I can remember in a very long time.
GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
13-06-2016, 07:03 AM
It did kick start an amazing run of events with the highlights being meeting a lovely Scottish lass, getting finance approved by the bank which looked extremely unlikely and my offer on a house getting accepted. Life is now as happy as I can remember in a very long time.
GGTTH

I don't mean to say I told you so, but...

Good on you my green brother.

FranckSuzy
13-06-2016, 10:59 AM
GGTTH

That's great news :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
13-06-2016, 11:01 AM
GGTTH

Good stuff!!

SJM
13-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Fantastic story, fantastic news and good luck Mr Hibee.

Ggtth.

Liam978
13-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Better times ahead and it started on 21 of May.

Should the head ever drop. Just replay the highlights of the cup final.

Be great to hear you're account of cup final day Freddie boy.

TomTheHibbyBev
14-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Great story,Good luck, Glad the Sun Shining on you now :thumbsup: