PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MICHAEL O'NEILL AT EURO 2016

RSS Bot
12-06-2016, 01:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6571)

renato
12-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Iconic player in that iconic strip, great memories from my earlier years at ER.

That move leading to that volley against Motherwell is my lasting memory of him in a Hibs shirt, classy player with fabulous technique.

Glory Lurker
12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Loved him. Couldn't always be sure what you'd get, but when he was alight he was great to watch. Good luck to him in France.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2016, 01:48 PM
When he was on song and in the mood he was close to unplayable.

Do I remember correctly that he got sent off in a derby at Tynecastle once?

Billie Jo
12-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Good luck to Michael O'Neill, always loved that guy

Lago
12-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Loved him as a player for Hibs, elegance personified.

Mon Dieu4
12-06-2016, 01:52 PM
When he was on song and in the mood he was close to unplayable.

Do I remember correctly that he got sent off in a derby at Tynecastle once?

He got sent off against them then booted the fire extinguisher in the tunnel, can't remember if it was at Easter Road or bus shelter though

Scorrie
12-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Good luck Micheal. One of my favourite Hibs players and a decent bloke as well

judas
12-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Liked oneil.

But hope NI get pumped - and their fans get the early train home.

easty
12-06-2016, 02:28 PM
He is one of my favourite Hibs players.

I'm firmly in the anyone but England camp. Don't really care who wins the tournament, but I'd like Michael O'Neill to do well.

Franck Stanton
12-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Liked oneil.

But hope NI get pumped - and their fans get the early train home.

When I first read this i thought " What the f***", then the penny dropped. Duh how slow am I. Have to agree with your sentiment though.

SJM
12-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Loved Mikey at Hibs. Sure he set up two goals against Hearts when the behind the goals stands where getting made.

Big_Franck
12-06-2016, 02:38 PM
He was one of my favourite players when I was at Primary school. I hope he does well with Northern Ireland. I think they might get a point today.

Craig_in_Prague
12-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Loved Mikey at Hibs. Sure he set up two goals against Hearts when the behind the goals stands where getting made.

He scored one that game. Harper with the winner.

heretoday
12-06-2016, 03:07 PM

Did Barry Lavety not get the first?

I might be wrong because I think Kevin Harper scored a winner in another derby.

renato
12-06-2016, 03:19 PM

I remember Harper scoring 3 brilliant goals against Hearts, same against Celtc and 2, I think, against the old huns. Don't think he got too many goals in his Hibs career (mostly from right wing) but seemed to save them for the bigger games.

Had a touch of the Ivan Sproule about him. Total scenes when he got the winner against the rover drivers...

Glory Lurker
12-06-2016, 03:21 PM
I think you're talking about the 3-1 game at the end of the 94/95 season? Still can't believe I managed to miss that game.

jodjam
12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Done my early touches SFA badge with him. Now in a pub getting drunk whilst his coaching career moves a bit faster than mine

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Done my early touches SFA badge with him. Now in a pub getting drunk whilst his coaching career moves a bit faster than mine

The one that got away mate

J-C
12-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Top player and a really nice guy too, he was a regular at my gym when he was working in the financial industry, used to tell me he was thinking about getting back into football and I kept hinting about doing it at Hibs, seemingly close to getting the job before Fenlon was appointed, personally think we got the wrong Irishman.

cabbageandribs1875
12-06-2016, 08:09 PM
was listening to a very good interview with him on sportsound yesterday, then came the part about his attempt to get the hibs job when PF got it, they couldn't name names but apparently a 'friend' of PF's had 'tipped' hibs off about him(MO'n) having a problem with the bevy, and also someone in this country saying the same, both turned out wrong, sounds a bit slanderous

Mr White
12-06-2016, 08:15 PM
He got the NI job a month after Fenlon arrived at easter road. You've got to wonder how things might have panned out...

Hibbyradge
12-06-2016, 08:15 PM
was listening to a very good interview with him on sportsound yesterday, then came the part about his attempt to get the hibs job when PF got it, they couldn't name names but apparently a 'friend' of PF's had 'tipped' hibs off about him(MO'n) having a problem with the bevy, and also someone in this country saying the same, both turned out wrong, sounds a bit slanderous

That was mentioned on here.

Left field boy, if I'm not mistaken.

jodjam
12-06-2016, 08:40 PM

Probably nonsense but story I heard was that Levein put in a "bad word" about MoN to the Hibs board

cabbageandribs1875
12-06-2016, 08:47 PM
That was mentioned on here.

Left field boy, if I'm not mistaken.

Probably nonsense but story I heard was that Levein put in a "bad word" about MoN to the Hibs board

think it was indeed mentioned on the PM forum here :hmmm:

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Saw an interview with him today on ITV? BBC? cant remember ...... anyway, he was talking about playing at Newcastle with Gazza and said that after that his career went downhill .... sorry, but anybody who can add playing for the mighty Hibees as being part of a downhill career path loses several notches on the old respectometer.

Sorry Mike but :slipper:

JOD
13-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Wish him all the best. He obviously forgot the words to NI national anthem. Good Man lol

Baader
13-06-2016, 01:11 AM
Chatted to him once when he was playing for us. In Finnegans on Victoria St. A real gent. Hope he gets NI through. A decent job awaits regardless.

He has spoken about the drink problem nonsense someone branded around ER when he was in contention for the Hibs job. Well out of order whoever that was. Couldn't have Hibs as a concern as he'd have been a great appointment.

SJM
13-06-2016, 11:06 AM

I might be thinking Sat 06 May 1995 15:00
Hibernian 3 Hearts 1.

I was only wee though (11) so my memories a bit jaded.

Andy74
13-06-2016, 12:50 PM
He got the NI job a month after Fenlon arrived at easter road. You've got to wonder how things might have panned out...

Who knows, but if his NI start was anything to go by relegation could have been one outcome. :greengrin

Niffy
13-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Harper and O'Niel New Year's Day.
I've a photo of him and me at geebsies testimonial just after I told him I love him.

Niffy
13-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Hibs going through the usual rough patch , Hearts scored first , Alex Miller quoted as saying "Well ,. this will test them now" and we won 2-1.

SJM
13-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Harper and O'Niel New Year's Day.
I've a photo of him and me at geebsies testimonial just after I told him I love him.

Think that's the one I'm thinking of. Where the hearts fans in the far left corner of the west if youre' sitting in the east?

3pm
13-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Paul McStay pictured in the article.

Can't be long until he fulfils that potential of his now.

Niffy
13-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Hibs going through the usual rough patch , Hearts scored first , Alex Miller quoted as saying "Well ,. this will test them now" and we won 2-1.

The clip is off the telly. I was in that club under the east that sold you bevy until kick off.

No, was it not in the south ??

Saturday Boy
13-06-2016, 06:41 PM

I thought there were two balls on the pitch in the first photo, until I realised it was the penalty spot :doh: