PDA

View Full Version : Desperate To Get Going Again

Glory Lurker
12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
As the years rolled on and I wanted the Holy Grail more and more and more, I started to think that once (if!) we won it, I'd have seen all I needed Hibs to achieve. I did begin to think that I might step back from the fitba a bit, kind of "retire" on a high. And so it came to pass.....

...and I have never been more desperate for a season to start and to get back down ER to get behind the boys! It's beginning to nip away at me that there's still a few weeks to go. I'd have the season start next Saturday, if it was up to me. I love this club more than ever (which I wouldn't have thought possible) and cannot wait to get in to the fray again! 'MON THE HIBEES!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag:

Smartie
12-06-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm strangely the opposite.

I'm quite enjoying the time off.

Last season was exhausting. It was beyond being a roller coaster - we'll never, ever experience the highs and lows that we experienced last season.

I'm currently loving what my last experience was in a football stadium and I almost want to just savour that forever.

I really got emotionally into Stubbs' sides and went through everything with them. And given that it was 2 games a week for practically the wholes of the second half of the season I'm just knackered with it and need a few months off.

It even felt like it continued with Stubbs' departure coming so quick after the cup final.

Give it a month or so and I'm sure I'll be back up for it again.

HibsNutter
12-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Quite enjoying the break after that rollercoaster of a season:greengrin.

Give it a couple of weeks though..

Scorrie
12-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm with the OP. With Lennon now in charge I can't wait to get going and see how he does!

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to it and getting the season started

ALF TUPPER
12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Enjoying a wee break from it. 👍🏻

Marco G
12-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to it and getting the season startedMe too. Saturday games seem to suit Hibs and me, so hoping for a few more this time round, but happy to turn up any time!

hibs69
12-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Purely from a cash point of view, enjoying the break and doing some extra jobs saving the money for the new season. Looking forward to it though.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Quite enjoying the break, less than a month until our 1st friendly and a month and 2 days until our 1st Europa game so not long to wait really.

GreenLake
12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
I don't mind the break because there are so many Copa America and Euro 2016 games to watch and MLS is in full season. My wife came with me to her first LA Galaxy development team game last night and on Tuesday night a youthful first team selection will play La Maquina in the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. I need to watch other teams for a bit to recuperate and relax after the most roller coaster Hibs season I have ever watched. I also want Hibs to be ready this year and get off to a good start in the league.

Franck Stanton
12-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Hate the close season, christ I even hate the 7 days in between games during the season. Want new game to start 5 min after the last one ends. cannae wait to see the boys in action again. Yes there is the euros, but, to be brutally honest, I don't feel the same passion watching anyone other than the Hibs.

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Think the fact my boy is a ST holder and will be coming with me to games for the first time is really whetting the appetite to

PatHead
12-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Me too. Saturday games seem to suit Hibs and me, so hoping for a few more this time round, but happy to turn up any time!

If we do well in the Europa Cup there will be more Sunday than Saturday games as Europa League is Thursday night.

Hi Heid Yin
12-06-2016, 06:31 PM
For the first time in a long time I'm itching for the new season to start and to see what Neil Lennon's team will be and how it will perform.
A flying start is a must, followed by consistently strong performances and ruthless wins. There will of course be the usual hiccup along the way, but that's to be expected. No team can do it in every game.

CraigHibee
12-06-2016, 07:06 PM
a well earned break tbh, been such an up and down, long, hard season, don't get me wrong i can't wait for the season to start again but I'm enjoying the short break :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2016, 07:23 PM
I could bask in the afterglow of the cup win for 114 years. A long close season for me.

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 07:39 PM
I could bask in the afterglow of the cup win for 114 years. A long close season for me.

Hopefully it won't take that long again😇

mutley
12-06-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm patiently waiting for out Europe draw, so curious to who we are going to face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Buzzin for the new season to begin :flag:

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm patiently waiting for out Europe draw, so curious to who we are going to face

Think it's Friday is it not? Will have to have a cheeky look at work

hibee_girl
12-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Think it's Friday is it not? Will have to have a cheeky look at work

European draw is Monday 20th, we find out the league fixtures this Friday.

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Thanks for clarifying

mutley
12-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Good stuff, can't wait

Jones28
13-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Getting my first season ticket for a few years has really got me excited again. Going with friends this time instead my dad and his crowd which is another factor.