PDA

View Full Version : It's Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeerrrrrrrr

sauzee6_2
12-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Don't think I will ever get fed up hearing / watching that commentary.

Starting to wonder if it's possible to wear out a sky+ recording!!!

Ozyhibby
12-06-2016, 09:42 AM

It's certainly a lot better than Liam McCleods commentary on the BBC where he talks all over the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-06-2016, 09:50 AM

Any link?

Cliff's commentary makes me greet every time I listen to it....:not worth

High-On-Hibs
12-06-2016, 09:57 AM
"What a moment this is!"

It's as if he knew....

hibsbollah
12-06-2016, 10:04 AM
I still can't believe it actually happened. Absolute football perfection.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2016, 10:10 AM
A great piece of commentary ... concentrates on exactly what was happening, as opposed to the dolt on the BBC who was still talking about Anthony Stokes as the corner came into the box.

A great moment in Hibs history that the SKY lad did justice to ...... If and when Hibs release the DVD I hope they use the SKY coverage rather than the BBC's .......... even that nob end Andy Walker is worth tolerating just for the bit at the end.

lyonhibs
12-06-2016, 10:10 AM
"A topsy turvy classic cup final" is up there as well.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2016, 10:13 AM
"A topsy turvy classic cup final" is up there as well.

"sometimes you just couldn't make up Hibernian football club" ......... class :greengrin

aussie_hibee
12-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Love it. Is it the same guy who commentated on Russell's goal in the 6-2 game?
Perfect commentary.

sauzee6_2
12-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Love it. Is it the same guy who commentated on Russell's goal in the 6-2 game?
Perfect commentary.

Yes it was.....'twisting, turning.......lovely 1-2, that is absolutely wonderful'

Real Emerald
12-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Can't stop watching it but the whole thing is ruined by Andy Walker's OTT comments about the pitch invasion. "Fighting all over the pitch" etc. etc. He also has no excitement in his commentary to reflect the magnitude of what Hibs have just done, poisiones sour tit that he is.

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Can't stop watching it but the whole thing is ruined by Andy Walker's OTT comments about the pitch invasion. "Fighting all over the pitch" etc. etc. He also has no excitement in his commentary to reflect the magnitude of what Hibs have just done, poisiones sour tit that he is.

Agree. He is *****

aussie_hibee
12-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Slightly off topic but did the underdog video ever get updated with the final win added in?

Real Emerald
12-06-2016, 10:38 AM

SlickShoes
12-06-2016, 10:56 AM
The Hibs TV commentary of the goal is fantastic as you can hear in their voices what it means and we were all having the same thing happen to us.

Lifting the trophy the Sky coverage is good when the guy says " at last, at last , AT LAST"

Craig_HFC
12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
The Hibs TV commentary of the goal is fantastic as you can hear in their voices what it means and we were all having the same thing happen to us.

Lifting the trophy the Sky coverage is good when the guy says " at last, at last , AT LAST"

Best part about the Hibs TV commentary of the winner is when Gray is celebrating in amongst the fans you just hear the co-commentator shout "NO DANGER!" in utter disbelief.

:greengrin

Onion
12-06-2016, 11:14 AM

My hat goes off to the Hibs TV guys. I couldn't utter a word for 10 mins after Gray scored.

Thecat23
12-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Anyone got the link of the Hibs guys commentary?

Sir David Gray
12-06-2016, 11:27 AM
My hat goes off to the Hibs TV guys. I couldn't utter a word for 10 mins after Gray scored.

Me neither.

If I had been the Hibs TV commentator for the game, it would have been quite a boring commentary as most of the aftermath would have had to be censored since I spent most of the next 15-20 minutes after Gray scored just sobbing with happiness and randomly shouting "Oh ya ******* beauty!" :greengrin

sleeping giant
12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
"One big stretch of the neck muscles"

BroxburnHibee
12-06-2016, 01:57 PM
"What a moment this is!"

It's as if he knew....

I'm pessimistic by nature but my memory of those moments before the goal was one of pure optimism.

I remember shouting something like "this is it Hibs who really wants this?"

Thankfully David heard me :greengrin

Glory Lurker
12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm pessimistic by nature but my memory of those moments before the goal was one of pure optimism.

You know, I think most folk felt the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the "vibe" was felt by the players in both teams. Only one team was winning it when that ball rocketed off Liam's boot.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2016, 02:28 PM
I've just watched the post match analysis from Sky for the 1st time. I have to say fair play to McLeish and Strachan who all spoke well about Hibs and only really wanted to talk about the game. Neil McCann not so much.

IWasThere2016
12-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Anyone got the link of the Hibs guys commentary?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/1086

Watch from 4 mins onwards for goosebumps and tears! :thumbsup:

And watch the SOL clip for a total meltdoon :greengrin

Centre Hawf
12-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Anthony Stokes... Is baring down on gooooOOOOOAAAALLL. What a start to a cup final. We were never going to make it anything less than entertaining.

Also the Hibs TV boys commentary is just amazing to hear.

Jones28
12-06-2016, 05:35 PM
I actually prefer the BBC commentary! Weird as I always like Ian Crocker but that ****ing welt Walker ruins it for me with his "emphasis just means speaking louder" style and endless digs at the end.

High-On-Hibs
13-06-2016, 08:46 AM
I actually prefer the BBC commentary! Weird as I always like Ian Crocker but that ****ing welt Walker ruins it for me with his "emphasis just means speaking louder" style and endless digs at the end.

You could taste his tears at the end. I thought it added to the entertainment.

SlickShoes
13-06-2016, 08:50 AM

There is a bit in the Sky coverage where they go to their pitch side reporter after Andy Walker has been talking about the violence and he says that other than a few scuffles between the invading rangers fans there was nothing to see really.

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Interesting on the Sky coverage right at the start:

https://youtu.be/RR1vOuJJmTQ?t=26s

A tiny snippet from the mythical "lost final" of 79! I wonder if they have any more of it?

SeanWilson
13-06-2016, 09:15 AM

thats the first time i have seen that and its got me going again! AMAZING! :not worth

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2016, 09:20 AM

A tiny snippet from the mythical "lost final" of 79! I wonder if they have any more of it?

Is it?

I'm not seeing it. Gonny tell me the number so i can freeze it. :aok:

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Is it?

I'm not seeing it. Gonny tell me the number so i can freeze it. :aok:

26 seconds. The link should've taken you there?

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2016, 09:30 AM
79?

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/79.png

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2016, 09:31 AM
26 seconds. The link should've taken you there?

Gotcha.

I don't think that's that game. IIRC, RFC played in a lighter strip than that. I also don't remember a goal like that.

Of course, it is nearly 40 years ago :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Gotcha.

I don't think that's that game. IIRC, RFC played in a lighter strip than that. I also don't remember a goal like that.

Of course, it is nearly 40 years ago :greengrin

Pretty sure it's Hampden with the old square posts and the strip designs look about right, if not the colour. Looks like it might be cine film rather than tv coverage?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Pretty sure it's Hampden with the old square posts and the strip designs look about right, if not the colour. Looks like it might be cine film rather than tv coverage?

It is Hampden.

And, Johnstone was number 4 that night...he scored twice, one of which (maybe both?) was at that end (ours).

I'm unconvinced, but would love you to be right.

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2016, 09:57 AM
This description of the Old Huns' equaliser seems to fit:

"a low shot which, although not powerfully struck, was palmed out by McArthur to Johnstone, who knocked it home."

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ehc-AAAAIBAJ&sjid=GEoMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3183%2C7236646

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2016, 10:17 AM
This description of the Old Huns' equaliser seems to fit:

"a low shot which, although not powerfully struck, was palmed out by McArthur to Johnstone, who knocked it home."

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ehc-AAAAIBAJ&sjid=GEoMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3183%2C7236646

You're starting to convince me....

:)

LustForLeith
13-06-2016, 10:34 AM
I've just watched the post match analysis from Sky for the 1st time. I have to say fair play to McLeish and Strachan who all spoke well about Hibs and only really wanted to talk about the game. Neil McCann not so much.

What was Strachan like for the coverage? Bet the wee man was celebrating as much as the fans in the stand!

13-06-2016, 11:31 AM
"A moment in time. A moment in history. At last! At last! At last!"

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SeanWilson
13-06-2016, 11:34 AM
What was Strachan like for the coverage? Bet the wee man was celebrating as much as the fans in the stand!

i read somewhere that he had openly said he hadn't supported hibs since he started playing football, however had fond memories of going with his dad?

Shrekko
13-06-2016, 11:39 AM
i read somewhere that he had openly said he hadn't supported hibs since he started playing football, however had fond memories of going with his dad?

Most players aren't out and out fans but I've seen/read Strachan on many occasions talking about being a Hibee- even when he was Celtic boss. Remember him on Soccer Sunday many years ago saying how Hibs form (under McLeish) had made him super happy.

stantonhibby
13-06-2016, 07:18 PM

I've seen the Sky analysis bit a few times and Strachan is definitely emotional at one point. Not sure if it's after SOL.

Glory Lurker
13-06-2016, 07:34 PM
When he was Southampton manager, him and Antii Nieme used to take sides when we were playing that lot.

bigwheel
13-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I've seen the Sky analysis bit a few times and Strachan is definitely emotional at one point. Not sure if it's after SOL.

Isn't that a beautiful thought - everything he has done in the game and he is still a Hibee...I heard him say on radio he thought it would be inappropriate, as Scotland manager, to be hanging out his Aunty's window in Leith walk on parade day ..then he chuckled and said "would have been good though !" ;/)

jacomo
13-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Isn't that a beautiful thought - everything he has done in the game and he is still a Hibee...I heard him say on radio he thought it would be inappropriate, as Scotland manager, to be hanging out his Aunty's window in Leith walk on parade day ..then he chuckled and said "would have been good though !" ;/)

Sad state of affairs, really. Well known Hibs fan can't join celebrations because it might provoke somebody.

SJM
13-06-2016, 10:49 PM
The goosebumps I got when we equalised knowing one team was going to win this, to the the most surreal moment of my life when we actually scored the winning goal, looking up the heavens at both corners, first it was "grandad, god, I pray all the time at these games just give us it this time" Stokesy scores then injury time "grandad, god, I'm being cheeky now but please please" blessed myself looked up to the sky, beautiful sky and 5 seconds later the ball hit the net, the ref gave it and that's what ill think of when im about to die, that magical corner, you couldnt dream of anything better. :hibees:hibees

greenbelly
13-06-2016, 11:57 PM
I love so many parts of that final. Did enjoy the footage of the fan sometime after the 2nd rangers one, lookin nervous af (https://youtu.be/RR1vOuJJmTQ?t=7503), with his old man givin him some chat and the son just not in the mood for any of it. In ma heid it was easy to hear him sayin 'awright Dad'.

Pete
14-06-2016, 03:32 AM
79?

Looks like the old Ibrox to me.

The nets at Hampden were deeper and the poles at the back were more curved.

InchHibby
14-06-2016, 05:12 AM

If they do I would love to see the bit when Colin Campbell was right through on Peter McLoy and brought down, a penalty anywhere else in the world but here.

InchHibby
14-06-2016, 05:17 AM

If they do I would love to see the bit when Colin Campbell was right through on Peter McLoy and brought down, a penalty anywhere else in the world but here.

fat freddy
14-06-2016, 06:19 AM
The two wee girls with Zombie make up prior to the winner. The camera pans to the crowd, one wee zombie can't look, the other is beside herself with excitement as the camera zooms back to Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeer... I've watched it so many times now and those Zombies are locked in to my brain for life. Anyone know them?

LustForLeith
14-06-2016, 06:28 AM

I'm sure I got a Whatsapp message from a Rangers fan during the County final who said Strachan was in the Sky studios.mhe was asked who he thought would win and his reply was "What do you think? I'm from Leith!"

Would always love to see Strachan at Easter Road in some sort of managerial capacity.

Barman Stanton
14-06-2016, 07:22 AM
The two wee girls with Zombie make up prior to the winner. The camera pans to the crowd, one wee zombie can't look, the other is beside herself with excitement as the camera zooms back to Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeer... I've watched it so many times now and those Zombies are locked in to my brain for life. Anyone know them?

Ha I really don't think they had zombie make up on. It's just green and white.

IWasThere2016
14-06-2016, 07:29 AM

Spoke to wee Gordon at the Ryder Cup and he's Hibs alright.

StevieT
14-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Looks like the old Ibrox to me.

The nets at Hampden were deeper and the poles at the back were more curved.

I agree. The old Hampden nets had a more curved look than this.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Exhibit B from http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-280579-scottish-cup-final-replay-rangers-v-hibernian-3-2-hampden-park-28703422.html

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BJKFE6/280579-scottish-cup-final-replay-rangers-v-hibernian-3-2-hampden-park-BJKFE6.jpg

Looks the same to me?

I've emailed Sky, I'll let you know in the slim to fa chance they respond.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Exhibit C - defo the same!

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/79_2.png

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/BJKFEB/280579-scottish-cup-final-replay-rangers-v-hibernian-3-2-hampden-park-BJKFEB.jpg

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-280579-scottish-cup-final-replay-rangers-v-hibernian-3-2-hampden-park-28703427.html

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2016, 12:38 PM
79 was before my time but I can't believe how empty the stands are in those photos! I'm guessing that's because it was the second replay? Was it a Tues night or something? Imagine winning it after so long and Hampden being empty. That surely wouldn't have felt right? Glad we waited 114 years [emoji16]

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2016, 12:38 PM
79 was before my time but I can't believe how empty the stands are in those photos! I'm guessing that's because it was the second replay? Was it a Tues night or something? Imagine winning it after so long and Hampden being empty. That surely wouldn't have felt right? Glad we waited 114 years [emoji16]

It was a Monday, and peeing down for the most part.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Sounds awful. Nah, obviously wasn't meant to be. Always said when we won it it would be a gloriously sunny afternoon and that we would have beaten Hearts on the way to the final. Was correct on both counts [emoji4]

lord bunberry
14-06-2016, 12:46 PM
On the hibs tv commentary big Cliffs voice goes so high only dogs can hear it. I love watching it.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2016, 12:47 PM

Even the first game only had 50K at a time when Hampden could still hold nearly double that. There were probably more Hibbies there this year.

The_Horde
14-06-2016, 12:48 PM
On the hibs tv commentary big Cliffs voice goes so high only dogs can hear it. I love watching it.

The emotion in the co commentator's voice. "no danger"

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Even the first game only had 50K at a time when Hampden could still hold nearly double that. There were probably more Hibbies there this year.

Why was that? Seems odd. Had it not quite become 'the holy grail' by then?

lord bunberry
14-06-2016, 12:52 PM
The emotion in the co commentator's voice. "no danger"
He cant believe either :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2016, 12:59 PM

I think TV was the biggest reason. They started showing the cup final live in 1977, you can see the immediate effect:

1976 - Huns v Hearts 85354
1977 - Huns v Celtc 54252

Our cup final vs Celtc in 1972 had 106102.

The other thing was the rise in violence. I was only 9 in 79 but I remember it as being scary and the stories on here confirm that.

... and although there was a bit of "Holy Grail", the obsession and everyone ripping the pish about it didn't really kick off in earnest until after Hearts won the cup in 98. Before that, we had been ripping them for years because they never won anything. It was 35 years in a row by then. "No cups in Gorgie" was one of our favourite chants. After 98 that totally flipped and it all became about us and the "big cup".

rcarter1
14-06-2016, 07:02 PM
I think TV was the biggest reason. They started showing the cup final live in 1977, you can see the immediate effect:

The other thing was the rise in violence. I was only 9 in 79 but I remember it as being scary and the stories on here confirm that.

... and although there was a bit of "Holy Grail", the obsession and everyone ripping the pish about it didn't really kick off in earnest until after Hearts won the cup in 98. Before that, we had been ripping them for years because they never won anything. It was 35 years in a row by then. "No cups in Gorgie" was one of our favourite chants. After 98 that totally flipped and it all became about us and the "big cup".

Jambos and Cups don't go, because its
35 years, oh yes its 35 years, its 35 years in a row

I remember the chant. I seem to remember the intensity from our side really rose for the 2001 Cup Final. First SC Final since 79?

Topographic Hibby
14-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Yeah, in 1979, Rangers fans thought nothing of singing sectarian songs and getting involved in mindless thuggery against Hibs fans at any opportunity.

Whereas in 2016, Rangers fans thought nothing of singing sectarian songs and getting involved in mindless thuggery against Hibs fans at any opportunity and.............

......we won the freakin' thing!!!!!!' :flag:

(PS, I was there in 1979 and 2016........revenge is sweet.....)

Eyrie
14-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Jambos and Cups don't go, because its
35 years, oh yes its 35 years, its 35 years in a row

I remember the chant. I seem to remember the intensity from our side really rose for the 2001 Cup Final. First SC Final since 79?

It's tragic you know
35 years in a row
'Cause the cupboards are bare
And you've no silverware
It's been 35 years in a row

eastterrace
14-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Why was that? Seems odd. Had it not quite become 'the holy grail' by then? sure the home internationals were on around about the cup final so that kept the crowd down especially in the replays

Cabbage East
14-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Hibs TV shows 20 secs then cuts out for me? How?

fat freddy
14-06-2016, 08:13 PM

We only had 10,000 attendance at the semi v Aberdeen at Hampden that year. Crowds were down, football was dire due to the introduction of a 10 team premier league with 2 getting relegated each season. This ludicrous format resulted in most teams opting to play defensive football as relegation was a real possibility for the majority of clubs. After a period of brilliance with The Tornadoes this type of football seen crowds drop, we had been spoilt and the likes of Colin Campbell up front was hardly going to bring the crowds out. Plus the violence, you always got violence in Glasgow

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2016, 09:00 PM

I remember when I was in primary school, singing 'no cups in Gorgie' and other similar songs to jambo chums. Was gutted when they won it in 98 as it meant we couldn't sing them anymore. I guess the Jambos are feeling similar since 3 weeks ago [emoji16][emoji16] Not that they would admit it though.

Evergreen86
15-06-2016, 12:54 PM

First time I have seen that...... tears out of nowhere again! What a time to be alive.

The Green Goblin
15-06-2016, 01:50 PM

I loved that bit as well. I thought he did a fantastic job of the whole thing. "What a moment this is" sets it up beautifully too. In the Retro video, they also had a bit where he affectionately says "What kept you Hibs" which was good too.

Kojock
15-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Saturday - 12 May 1979 - 50,610
Wednesday - 16 May 1979 - 33,504
Monday - 28 May 1979 - 30,602

SaulGoodman
15-06-2016, 03:38 PM

You've either not logged in or not for a subscription.

Hib335
15-06-2016, 08:01 PM

my daughter was the excited zombie 😁😁 watched it at least a hundred times, part of the greatest goal in hibs history 💚

sleeping giant
16-06-2016, 08:28 AM
my daughter was the excited zombie 😁😁 watched it at least a hundred times, part of the greatest goal in hibs history 💚

Great stuff.
She will be forever remembered :greengrin

Does she know she is famous now ?

Jay
16-06-2016, 08:52 AM

Did that for me on the iPad but worked on the laptop