PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Commentaries...

hibeejeebies
11-06-2016, 08:10 PM
I've been listening to the commentaries from the cup final in a variety of languages (my favourite so far is the Antonee Sto-Kez one, definitely worth a listen) and they come on randomly in the car taking me instantly back to that glorious, glorious day :)

However, since I was at the game, I never did hear the BBC Scotland radio coverage of the goals. I do know it was John Barnes commentating, who is definitely better than some of the others they have. I downloaded a few of their podcasts later the same week but had to listen to Willie Miller being "depressed" instead (which wasn't quite as exciting tbh), and they never replayed the goals.

Does anyone know where can I find a link to this particular commentary, or even the 5 Live one? In fact links to any more alternative commentaries of the game would also be most welcome.

Cheers in advance. GGTTH.

Col2
11-06-2016, 08:24 PM
I was hoping someone might also know this. The pod cast was terrible with Richard Gordon in his element showing moral outrage and Wilie Miller sounded like he was going to cry. Still not as bad as Andy Walker "this is 1980 all over again" and "disgraceful Hibs fans, these Hibs fans are a disgrace".

marinello59
11-06-2016, 08:27 PM
I was hoping someone might also know this. The pod cast was terrible with Richard Gordon in his element showing moral outrage and Wilie Miller sounded like he was going to cry. Still not as bad as Andy Walker "this is 1980 all over again" and "disgraceful Hibs fans, these Hibs fans are a disgrace".

Failed chip shop owner Willie Millar is best ignored.

Broken Gnome
12-06-2016, 07:24 AM
I listened to Five Live on the Monday morning, think it was Conor McNamara and Butcher? Bit annoying at times you can play all Five Live shows back on the iPlayer but Sportsound is never an option.

Wasn't the best in terms of excitement, and the aftermath/FA Cup final build-up quickly took over.

Kato
12-06-2016, 11:22 PM

I'd like to hear that actually. (tee hee)

hibbypostie
13-06-2016, 09:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXNKlu3Is4

RoxburghHibs
13-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Yeah I have been trying to find audio sound clips of the BBC Scotland (Sportsound) commentary of the goals.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Oh FFS.

I can greet in any language!

When is this going to stop???? :flag:

hibby6270
13-06-2016, 04:29 PM

This is superb. Up there with the French commentary. Don't understand a word they're saying but just brings a whole new emotion to the goals.

I really hope Hibs try to put a highlights package of the goals together on the official Blu-Ray/DVD, and include an option of all the various commentaries both in English and foreign languages they can lay their hands on. A big ask but something I think would really be worth doing.